PDA

View Full Version : 2012 CAA Schedule question

mainejeff
October 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Does anyone know what the CAA conference schedule will look like next season??? Will they just replace the UMass spot on everyone's schedule with Georgia State and then in 2013 (after URI leaves) just reformulate the whole thing? That would seem to be the most logical thing to do.

As an example, Maine would have the following conference schedule next season.......

Home:

JMU
Richmond
Villanova
UNH

Away:

Delaware
Towson
Georgia State
URI

Fear the Bird
October 26th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I would imagine you would play ODU and W&M since you did not yhis year

ccd494
October 26th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Let's get Georgia State up to Orono as late in the year as possible. Those southern dome nancy's need to see some snowfall.

Dignan
October 26th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Let's get Georgia State up to Orono as late in the year as possible. Those southern dome nancy's need to see some snowfall.

While that would be fun to see, do you really think you need the help?

Dignan
October 26th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I would imagine you would play ODU and W&M since you did not yhis year

This is quite possible. JMU played at Maine last year so maybe next year our matchup will be replaced by either W&M or ODU.

mainejeff
October 26th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Old Dominion just started playing a CAA schedule this season. Why would the CAA switch it up without allowing a full home and home series to to take place between ODU and all of their conference opponents from this season???? Just insert Georgia State into the UMass slot and start out "fresh" in 2013.

Fear the Bird
October 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Because you dont keep an unbalanced conference schedule the same

No way UD-JMU dont play 2 years in a row

mainejeff
October 26th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Because you dont keep an unbalanced conference schedule the same

No way UD-JMU dont play 2 years in a row

Oh, I see.......do it for Delaware.

Gordon Shumway
October 26th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Is there something in the CAA bylaws that prohibits UNH & Delaware playing conference games any more? xlolx

Fear the Bird
October 26th, 2011, 10:01 PM

It was an example jeff now i can see why people mention you in the same breath as thefan and chattownmocs tried to give you the benefit of the doubt oh well

tribefan40
October 26th, 2011, 10:04 PM

As much as I hate to agree with the bird it does rotate and should continue to with the unbalanced conference. Last year wm missed Towson and played Maine, this year the opposite. Actually WM has only played maine twice in the last 5 seasons (including this one)......

Fear the Bird
October 26th, 2011, 10:05 PM
As much as I hate to agree with the bird it does rotate and should continue to with the unbalanced conference. Last year wm missed Towson and played Maine, this year the opposite. Actually WM has only played maine twice in the last 5 seasons (including this one)......

ha what did i do to you or are you just amnother classic hen hater

molly
October 26th, 2011, 10:14 PM
How have the schedules been determined the last two years? Just by random draw or have they intentionally ensured certain teams play each other?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 26th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Is there something in the CAA bylaws that prohibits UNH & Delaware playing conference games any more? xlolx

I haven't seen UD's or UNH's 2012 schedules yet, but it is kind of odd that we haven't met during the regular season since '07. Last year during the playoffs sort of reset the clock, but who knows what will happen next year. I just hope we get the chance to welcome GA State to the CAA the way we did ODU this year.

mainejeff
October 27th, 2011, 12:11 AM
It was an example jeff now i can see why people mention you in the same breath as thefan and chattownmocs tried to give you the benefit of the doubt oh well

Because I am questioning your biased schedule analysis? You insist that Delaware MUST play JMU next season.........well, if everything revolves around Delaware then I am sure that you will get your wish!

whitey
October 27th, 2011, 08:05 AM
Already looking towards next year? I find that odd considering your record.

henfan
October 27th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Jeezus H.! Are people actually fretting over what the schedule will be a year away? Have no fear, it will be figured out by the member schools & the conference, as it always is.

bluehenbillk
October 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM
How have the schedules been determined the last two years? Just by random draw or have they intentionally ensured certain teams play each other?

Yeager has an 8th grade math class in Fredericksburg, VA do the scheduling as a class project, no word on why it's late for 2012 or when it will be out. I assume it had to do with the VU uncertainty, but they'll be there for '12 anyway.

URMite
October 27th, 2011, 09:33 AM
When it was twelve teams, didn't you miss a team two years, then play them two years?

Gordon Shumway
October 27th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Yes, you would play half the other division on a two year rotation.

appfan2008
October 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
why dont you all just pull names out of hat to see who you play!

BlueHenSinfonian
October 27th, 2011, 01:31 PM
why dont you all just pull names out of hat to see who you play!

As weird as the CAA conference schedule can get, no one intentionally tried to make it so that teams skip games against other conference foes for multiple years. Going from a divisional schedule to suddenly losing Hofstra and NU screwed everything up. Add to that ODU and GA State joining the conference, UMass and URI leaving, and 'Nova sitting on the fence. With schools trying to schedule series with OOC foes, FBS guarantee games, and traditional rivalries all years in advance it's easy to see how all of the membership turmoil has left scheduling in a big mess.

As imperfect as it is, I'm sure what we have now came about as a compromise to try to satisfy everyone involved as much as possible.

mainejeff
October 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Already looking towards next year? I find that odd considering your record.

What's the problem? No worse than JMU fans waxing on about their FBS future, future stadium expansion, etc........right???

Jackman
October 27th, 2011, 04:02 PM
They don't evenly rotate the schedule. UMass has only played W&M and Towson once in the last 4 years. And it's safe to say that the CAA isn't going to take UNH-Maine, UR-W&M or Delaware-Nova out of rotation.

I think it's a safe bet that Maine, UNH and URI will all play each other next season, and they'll probably all get Georgia State games, since that will make it easier for the Virginians to play each other. So in that sense, yeah, the CAA might just give UMass's schedule to GSU and call it a day. We'll have to wait and see if GSU's schedule includes a late season "rivalry game" at Rhode Island next year.

mainejeff
October 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM
I think it's a safe bet that Maine, UNH and URI will all play each other next season, and they'll probably all get Georgia State games, since that will make it easier for the Virginians to play each other. So in that sense, yeah, the CAA might just give UMass's schedule to GSU and call it a day. We'll have to wait and see if GSU's schedule includes a late season "rivalry game" at Rhode Island next year.

This was what I was getting at..........

JMUNJ08
October 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
What's the problem? No worse than JMU fans waxing on about their FBS future, future stadium expansion, etc........right???

Looking at the wrong JMU fan for all of that pipe dream talk...