PDA

View Full Version : People Are So Fickle Concerning Wofford

drpnut
October 25th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Wofford loses to a good Furman team and the sky is falling....whatever

GaSouth squeeks out a win over Chatty who lost to an average Furman team and not much is said...their sky doesn't seem to be falling...

Folks need to understand that Wofford still can win the conference AQ. In fact we could win it with two losses...Here is a possible scenario....

Appy beats GA South, and Woffy beats GaSouth, givin the eagles 2 league losses...

Furman beats Appy to give appy 2 loses...

Woffy wins over gaSouth and loses to chatty... givin the ankle biters 2 losses.

And Woffy gets Auto-Bid, because they beat both the others Appy and Ga South...

I don't think this is what will happen, but if it does, it does...

Woffy is still a dangerous team...please don't count them out...

drpnut
October 25th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Excuse me I meant to say Citadel....my bad

asknoquarter21
October 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM

GaSouth squeeks out a win over Chatty who lost to an average Furman team and not much is said...their sky doesn't seem to be falling...

Folks need to understand that Wofford still can win the conference AQ. In fact we could win it with two losses...Here is a possible scenario....

Appy beats GA South, and Woffy beats GaSouth, givin the eagles 2 league losses...

I assume that is where you mean Citadel?

We will find a lot out after this week in terms of where Chatty and Furman are when they play each other. I think it will be a close game.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Wofford is plenty dangerous.

I know that looking at the Wofford-Furman score, and then the Furman-GSU score, the inclination is to think the sky is falling for the Terriers. Having seen both games, I can tell you that Furman's defense beneffited from playing Georgia Southern the week prior. You could see little adjustments here and there that made the difference in the pitchman having space in Statesboro, and getting swarmed in Greenville.

Wofford certainly has their backs up against it. Still, there is a lot up in the air. Both App State and GSU have very tough games ahead of them. GSU will spend the better part of the rest of the season on the road. There are five teams right now that control their destiny as far as the playoffs are concerned (App, GSU, Wofford, UTC, and Furman). It is going to make for some compelling football the rest of the way out.

OL FU
October 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM

I must ask, who thinks the sky is falling. As long as the Terriers don't is doesn't really matter.

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM
I hope that GSU thinks the sky is falling for us.

SideLine Shooter
October 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
wouldn't it be real funny if Wofford lost to Elon this weekend?

yep, very funny!

now that woud be funny. not happening!!!

eaglemachine
October 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM

I don't. Furman just happened to play us right before you and did a good job adjusting.

Reign of Terrier
October 25th, 2011, 12:36 PM
so essentially, the undefeated top ranked team in the nation has to lose at least 2 times in the next few weeks for Wofford to win the conference AQ.

oh, ok....yep - a high probability of that eh?
Wofford wins the AQ if they win out, no matter what GSU does.

Oops.

SideLine Shooter
October 25th, 2011, 12:40 PM
ahhh, but that is EXACTLY what the Wofford crazies were saying right before they lost to Furman last week...

all 3 of them?

theasushow
October 25th, 2011, 12:42 PM
LOL nobody is counting Wofford out....furthermore, there are tons of teams that could sit here and play out all kinds of crazy scenarios that would allow their team to win the conference. Fortunately for ASU and Wofford they control their own destiny, if they both win out they will have atleast a share of the SOCON crown...seems simple enough to me. (now can they do it is another story)

ElonPride
October 25th, 2011, 01:06 PM
ahhh, but that is EXACTLY what the Wofford crazies were saying right before they lost to Furman last week...

It won't happen and wouldn't even be close unless we start another QB. As one Wofford fans said, "they can move the ball all over the field, but then, a turnover." Our starting QB is averaging more than 2 TOs a game by himself. Time to give one of the other guys a shot.

PaladinFan
October 25th, 2011, 01:43 PM
It won't happen and wouldn't even be close unless we start another QB. As one Wofford fans said, "they can move the ball all over the field, but then, a turnover." Our starting QB is averaging more than 2 TOs a game by himself. Time to give one of the other guys a shot.

Might as well. The schedule isn't getting any easier.

pike51
October 25th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I can guarantee you, nobody at GSU is overlooking Wofford. We've got to get business done this week and next before then though. These next 4 game for GSU are going to be a real tough test... Appy, Citadel, Woffy, and Bama. I don't think I'd wish that run on anybody!

SpeedkingATL
October 25th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I said at the beginning of the year when many were talking about this year's new Big 4 (App, Wofford, GSU and UTC) that Furman, Sammy, Citadel and Elon would be stronger than expected and win a few against that 4. No big surprise that Furman beat Wofford and that doesn't really diminish Wofford IMO. I just hope regardless of what App does against GSU they are ready to play against Furman and Elon. WCU is the only real disapointment in the SoCon as I expected them to at least be competitve in many games...so far they haven't been.

Eaglesrus
October 25th, 2011, 04:03 PM

No chance, sorry. Just as worried about Wofford now as I was this time last week, two weeks ago, etc., and I guarantee you that Coach Monken will have our team thinking the same way. However, as Pike said, other fish to fry first.

Terrierforlife
October 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I was very disappointed last Sat. vs Furman. They manhandled us with the run and we didn't respond on defense. All the credit goes to Furman's players and coaches, they played great. We didn't play inspired and that concerns me. Maybe now they understand that they have to play every game like it's their last. We'll see Saturday. Great job Paladins!