PDA

View Full Version : Im Baaaack!! Thanks AGS, GO BISON!

LakesBison
October 24th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Im back just in time for the biggest game in the state of north dakota's history (until our ESPN2 semifinal game) cant wait for NDSU/UNI.

thanks to the new AGS leadership for recognizing the void around here.

Lets PUMP IT UPPPP AGS!!!

Hambone
October 24th, 2011, 04:31 PM
Im back just in time for the biggest game in the state of north dakota's history (until our ESPN2 semifinal game) cant wait for NDSU/UNI.

thanks to the new AGS leadership for recognizing the void around here.

Lets PUMP IT UPPPP AGS!!!

Uh oh, there goes the neighborhood. How goes it lakes?

Twentysix
October 24th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome back lakes, sdsu was awesome! Hopefully v UNI is even better.

darell1976
October 24th, 2011, 04:38 PM
I think there were bigger NDSU-UND games than this one. However this is the biggest by far FCS game either Dakota has ever seen. Good luck on Saturday.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I think there were bigger NDSU-UND games than this one. However this is the biggest by far FCS game either Dakota has ever seen. Good luck on Saturday.

I get that for sure because on a personal level and a state level the MT State, UM games are always gigantic to us even if they don't mean a whole lot to the rest of the country but on an FCS Nation level there have been bigger.

Grizo406
October 24th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Thankfully, another sane, insightful, and thoughtful Bison fan is posting on AGS!xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Good to see ya Lakes. Light jabs in the FCS Discussion are permissible but save the haymakers for the smack board and the lounge.:D

darell1976
October 24th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I get that for sure because on a personal level and a state level the MT State, UM games are always gigantic to us even if they don't mean a whole lot to the rest of the country but on an FCS Nation level there have been bigger.

Our football rivalry has been dead for 7 years and so many younger people didn't know just how big the UND-NDSU rivalry was to the state. FCS has taken these fans to a whole new level, and there is a lot of talk here in Fargo about this Saturday's game. Its almost like a mini super bowl here. Should be an exciting weekend.

TheBisonator
October 24th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Our football rivalry has been dead for 7 years and so many younger people didn't know just how big the UND-NDSU rivalry was to the state. FCS has taken these fans to a whole new level, and there is a lot of talk here in Fargo about this Saturday's game. Its almost like a mini super bowl here. Should be an exciting weekend.

There was NO Bison/Sioux game that was bigger than this one on Saturday. You're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.

stevdock
October 24th, 2011, 07:15 PM
If you're old enough there were plenty of NDSU-UND games that were just as big as this one. How many NDSU-UND games decided the conference championship?? There's still plenty of season left but this one could (not will) decide the championship. But I am reminded of a certain playoff game against UND that I would consider much bigger.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 24th, 2011, 07:39 PM
If you're old enough there were plenty of NDSU-UND games that were just as big as this one. How many NDSU-UND games decided the conference championship?? There's still plenty of season left but this one could (not will) decide the championship. But I am reminded of a certain playoff game against UND that I would consider much bigger.

I didn't want to jump into it and hadn't looked but it sure seemed like there would have been at least a few that had similar implications.

Gil Dobie
October 24th, 2011, 08:33 PM
1983 Towson @ NDSU was the biggest game ever ;)

LakesBison
October 24th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Oh thanks hambone. not your comrade though.

seriously this game trumps every lil rinky dink game from D2, this is #2 vs #3 and winner becomes the #1 team in the nation in my opinion.

20,000+ fans, sold out a week in advance, people have been planning this game all fall after the GOPHER game.

BIG NDSU GAMES:

GOPHERS
UNI
SDSU

these are our rivals, peace out!!

I dont think UNI has met a better CB than MWILL, and they will underestimate our WR"S and we will exploit that, as well as our 6 7 TE veldman.

stevdock
October 24th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Wow now a mid season conference game is going to trump 8 national championships and I don't know how many more deep playoff runs. Man I've got a lot to learn about Bison football.

No_Skill
October 24th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I'm gonna guess 18,950 for announced attendance.

LakesBison
October 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
steve. its in the past, yes, enjoy those games, but ALL OF THIS IN D1 trumps it FACTS.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Ya, this is a big game but there are 3 more conference games after this one. If we beat UNI then go lay a couple of eggs against (Indiana State - Youngstown State - Western Illinois) then it doesn't mean squat cus UNI will get the autobid. UNI is going to finish either 9-2 or 10-1.

UNI will be tough to beat but the Bison are very capable of doing it.

LakesBison
October 24th, 2011, 10:58 PM
this game and WIN sets up a #1 seed in playoffs and a ESPN 2 game in Semifinals. its a MUST WIN and HUUUUGE GAME!! biggest ever

MSUBobcat
October 24th, 2011, 11:44 PM
this game and WIN sets up a #1 seed in playoffs and a ESPN 2 game in Semifinals. its a MUST WIN and HUUUUGE GAME!! biggest ever

This game would set up a possible #1 seed and possible game in the Semifinals. Even with a seed (which they would get only if they won out), they still have to win 2 playoff games to make the semifinals. That's 4 other games that are MUST WIN. Or were the rules changed to allow the Bison to bypass the 2nd round and quarterfinals due to beating the Goofs and winning your conference? If I'm not mistaken, the Bison had a game in the not-to-distant-past that with a victory in that game alone, would have punched their ticket to the semi's. IMO, until you make it to at least the quarterfinals in FCS, the game last year against EWU is the biggest game in NDSU's FCS history.

Squealofthepig
October 24th, 2011, 11:50 PM

I would say a #2 seed, if you win, behind GSU, based on the strength of the SoCon this year (which is surprisingly strong, and assuming the Eagles and Bison win out). Agree it's a must-win, from a seeding perspective (and I would note there is no real difference between #1 and #2 seeds overall, as you get to be sent ultimately to Texas for a national championship game, as some form of FCS penance).

Squealofthepig
October 24th, 2011, 11:51 PM
This game would set up a possible #1 seed and possible game in the Semifinals. Even with a seed (which they would get only if they won out), they still have to win 2 playoff games to make the semifinals. That's 4 other games that are MUST WIN. Or were the rules changed to allow the Bison to bypass the 2nd round and quarterfinals due to beating the Goofs and winning your conference? If I'm not mistaken, the Bison had a game in the not-to-distant-past that with a victory in that game alone, would have punched their ticket to the semi's. IMO, until you make it to at least the quarterfinals in FCS, the game last year against EWU is the biggest game in NDSU's FCS history.

Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.

I thought only Griz fans could troll Bobcats' fans. ;)

MSUBobcat
October 25th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey. Hey.

I thought only Griz fans could troll Bobcats' fans. ;)

I've been following AGS for a while, but only recently started posting (lost my confirmation email somehow - thanks again for the help ursus). I must have missed that rule in the "terms". D'oh!! xthumbsupx