PDA

View Full Version : Delaware & W/M schedule article on Sports Network-what happened?

Brad82
October 23rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4445282

Sports Network claims subject line schools made mistake in booking two non-FCS teams?

What happened here? Is there more to the story?
Seems odd that they would make this error?

Tribe4SF
October 23rd, 2011, 10:33 AM
Delaware has been playing West Chester for decades, and is headed out of that series I believe in 2013. As to W&M, our AD simply didn't take care of business when we needed a one year home game to fill the 2011 schedule. We should have scheduled one of the multitude of lower level FCS programs in the mid-atlantic area, and payed them to come. Instead we end up late last Fall trying to fill the date, and no one is available. We payed New Haven $50,000 to play a game that did nothing for us.

Sader87
October 23rd, 2011, 10:54 AM
Delaware has been playing West Chester for decades, and is headed out of that series I believe in 2013. As to W&M, our AD simply didn't take care of business when we needed a one year home game to fill the 2011 schedule. We should have scheduled one of the multitude of lower level FCS programs in the mid-atlantic area, and payed them to come. Instead we end up late last Fall trying to fill the date, and no one is available. We payed New Haven $50,000 to play a game that did nothing for us.

"Payed?"....it's things like this that keep you out of the Patriot League...I kid, wish the Tribe would rekindle the series with HC....very fond memories of the roadtrip/game there in 1986.