PDA

View Full Version : UNH Coach

UNHFan
October 22nd, 2011, 10:20 PM
I am sure I am going to make many enemies tonight...but I am done with the horrific play calling and hand-cuffs that are put on kevin Decker. You see... its common in FCS football that we don't critique coaching, players ect..because we are small schools. So if I am dragged and burned at the steak (Get it? food?) so be it!

I have never seen worse play calling then I witnessed today at Gillette.. Horrific! But!!! We are small UNH and OMG!!! if you say something like this your horrible! Hence we will never win a championship! Why?? UNH people that want to yell at me now... take a look at what K.C. Keeler goes through! Thats FCS!!! He gets real *** kicking in the press! All our press? Reports the games like there sons are the kids playing in the game! Remember old time UNH fans Ricky Santos doesn't see the light of day!!!!! if 2 QB's don't go down! Sorry if I ruffle feathers but love this team! Coach wouldn't know a great QB if it.....

Coach Mac... take off the hand-cuffs you for some reason have put on Decker! And learn how to read QB Prospects! YOU SUCK AT IT!!!

R3TRO
October 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Ummm... what?

UNHFan
October 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM
Ummm... what?

OK Ill bite... never mind... lol You had to be at Delaware and Rutgers 2004 ....Dopes of UNH Today I get it...I am going to post article after article of coach dissing and putting Santos down. Stay tuned. and lets pick this back up after I post the articles. He wouldn't know a great QB if it hit him in the face! Only problem today? WAS COACHING!!!! Horrible... when decker basically said go $*%$ yourself during play was the only time we moved the ball!

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 11:39 PM
I'm with R3TRO on this one. Results-wise, UNH got the win, which is the ultimate goal. I haven't seen the game, so I am left to guess how the coach ham-strung his QB. Specific examples? Is he unable to change the play at the LoS? Is the coach calling for long pass plays when you could run out the clock?

I'm definitely not saying you're wrong - would just like more data around this assertion!

Mattymc727
October 23rd, 2011, 02:19 AM
????? take it easy UNHfan........

Jackman
October 23rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
I agree, the coaches up at UNH need to go. Just tell me where the rally is.

lydiabixby
October 23rd, 2011, 06:18 AM
I was at Gillette yesterday. UMass had the better athletes and controlled the last three quarters by a sound ground game keeping UNH Offense off the field.

If you want one reason UNH snuck off with the win it was that UNH had the better place kicker.

UNH fan

WrenFGun
October 23rd, 2011, 07:58 AM
I am sure I am going to make many enemies tonight...but I am done with the horrific play calling and hand-cuffs that are put on kevin Decker. You see... its common in FCS football that we don't critique coaching, players ect..because we are small schools. So if I am dragged and burned at the steak (Get it? food?) so be it!

I have never seen worse play calling then I witnessed today at Gillette.. Horrific! But!!! We are small UNH and OMG!!! if you say something like this your horrible! Hence we will never win a championship! Why?? UNH people that want to yell at me now... take a look at what K.C. Keeler goes through! Thats FCS!!! He gets real *** kicking in the press! All our press? Reports the games like there sons are the kids playing in the game! Remember old time UNH fans Ricky Santos doesn't see the light of day!!!!! if 2 QB's don't go down! Sorry if I ruffle feathers but love this team! Coach wouldn't know a great QB if it.....

Coach Mac... take off the hand-cuffs you for some reason have put on Decker! And learn how to read QB Prospects! YOU SUCK AT IT!!!

I'm not sure if you drank too much when you posted this, but this seems terribly inaccurate (and I'd hope what I'm saying carries some weight since I'm most openly critical of UNH Football on these message boards).

UNH ran the football, quite simply, because it's the more efficient route when it's working; and it worked. If you watched the game, Decker had almost no time to throw and UMass drove right up the middle of the field with relative ease. It was ridiculous how often it seemed like the LB's were let right through the middle of the field at Decker. At one point in the third quarter he got pummeled on 4 or 5 straight plays. Peters sprung a big one, Steriti (who, IMO, is the future at RB for this team) had some significant plays on a couple of drives, and Setian, as per usual, delivered 3-4 yards on every rush. they have a very nice combination and they were absolutely right to use them.

You're also aware that Coach MAC is critical in identifying QB talent that comes to the team, correct? I'm as critical of Toman as any, but there are plenty of teams in the FCS who would've LOVED to have him; obviously, same with Decker. Decker didn't have a great game yesterday, but he didn't make ANY critical mistakes. He made some poor throws, but the poor throws he made were relatively low risk. The pass to Sean Cullen for the game-winner was vintage Decker.

I thought the coaching staff did a real good job with this one; UMass had far better athletes, and really wore us down over the game; IMO, game ball goes to the DL (McNally, Jenkins, Smith, McCann, Kaplan, Vailas, etc.) as they did a PHENOMENOL job on Jonathan Hernandez. 29 carries for 89 yards? Wow. Kudos to them.

UNHFootballAlum
October 23rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure if you drank too much when you posted this, but this seems terribly inaccurate (and I'd hope what I'm saying carries some weight since I'm most openly critical of UNH Football on these message boards).

UNH ran the football, quite simply, because it's the more efficient route when it's working; and it worked. If you watched the game, Decker had almost no time to throw and UMass drove right up the middle of the field with relative ease. It was ridiculous how often it seemed like the LB's were let right through the middle of the field at Decker. At one point in the third quarter he got pummeled on 4 or 5 straight plays. Peters sprung a big one, Steriti (who, IMO, is the future at RB for this team) had some significant plays on a couple of drives, and Setian, as per usual, delivered 3-4 yards on every rush. they have a very nice combination and they were absolutely right to use them.

You're also aware that Coach MAC is critical in identifying QB talent that comes to the team, correct? I'm as critical of Toman as any, but there are plenty of teams in the FCS who would've LOVED to have him; obviously, same with Decker. Decker didn't have a great game yesterday, but he didn't make ANY critical mistakes. He made some poor throws, but the poor throws he made were relatively low risk. The pass to Sean Cullen for the game-winner was vintage Decker.

I thought the coaching staff did a real good job with this one; UMass had far better athletes, and really wore us down over the game; IMO, game ball goes to the DL (McNally, Jenkins, Smith, McCann, Kaplan, Vailas, etc.) as they did a PHENOMENOL job on Jonathan Hernandez. 29 carries for 89 yards? Wow. Kudos to them.

Wren i would agree with what you've said and i would add that UNH needs to have a committment to the running game which they had yesterday and that based upon how UMASS' "D" was playing UNH, they were daring us to run the ball. Those were the right calls given the defense being played. i agree about the UNH d-line playing well. They got great penetration. I also think that the secondary played their best game and closed to the ball better than i've seen. Asam and Houston played well. I think that Buzbee played his best game as a LB at UNH

UNH Fanboi
October 23rd, 2011, 09:27 AM
Although UNH didn't put up the eye-popping offensive numbers that we have grown accustomed to, I am glad that we were able to win a game with our running game. This will keep teams much more honest against us in the future and help open up the passing game.

The fact that we were able to contain Hernandez is very encouraging as well.

Mr. C
October 23rd, 2011, 11:59 AM

You might like to know that among his peers, Sean McDonnell is considered one of the top coaches in the country. I happen to agree with the opposing coaches.

VaUNHfan
October 23rd, 2011, 12:12 PM
the history of football is littered with quarterbacks who weren't highly touted but turned out to be good and vice versa, this is not a coach mac problem. santos,toman,decker, coach mac has done fine recruiting qb's

Old Cage
October 23rd, 2011, 04:27 PM
All I heard yesterday from veteran UMass fans and players was respect for your coach.

Gordon Shumway
October 23rd, 2011, 06:45 PM
I am speechless. If anyone is operating while handcuffed it is Coach McDonnell. What he has accomplished with the lack of resources borders on phenomenal. If UNH never wins a national title, it certainly will not be because of the head coach. Give him a level playing field, and then we can talk about blaming him. You would be hard pressed to convince me that any coach in FCS gets as much from as little as Sean McDonnell does.

KAUMASS
October 23rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
I'd love to have Coach Mac as our head coach anyday. When Morris is fired after the JMU game, Coach Mac is on my top 3 wishlist for headman taking UMass into FBS.

19Duke97
October 23rd, 2011, 07:20 PM
I always thought the UNH coach was pretty good, made the most of his talent, and was a class act. Oh well..

DrG
October 23rd, 2011, 07:30 PM
I'd love to have Coach Mac as our head coach anyday. When Morris is fired after the JMU game, Coach Mac is on my top 3 wishlist for headman taking UMass into FBS.
I completely agree. Only a fool could not see how much better UNH was coached yesterday.

UNH72Plus
October 24th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Wren i would agree with what you've said and i would add that UNH needs to have a committment to the running game which they had yesterday and that based upon how UMASS' "D" was playing UNH, they were daring us to run the ball. Those were the right calls given the defense being played. i agree about the UNH d-line playing well. They got great penetration. I also think that the secondary played their best game and closed to the ball better than i've seen. Asam and Houston played well. I think that Buzbee played his best game as a LB at UNH

I would agree with most of what say, but would disagree about Asam, particularly early in the game when he missed a couple of key tackles and allowed to many receptions. I would add Matt Evans to the kudos, 13 unassisted tackles, two forced fumbles, and a pass break up that could have been a pick six. UMass's D backs played a great game, taking away the deep routes, and the rush kept Decker off balance most of the day. The one coaching move I might question was the fake punt, although the way UMass was moving the ball at that point probably justified giving it a try.

UNHknowledge
October 24th, 2011, 11:49 AM
The original poster is INSANE. Goes to show, AGAIN, how unknowledgable most New England "football" people are. I went to the BC/UMass game and UNH/UMass, two local games, and they were both like sitting at a golf match. Nobody understands that the crowd should ALWAYS make noise and get on their feet when the home team's defense is on the field on 3rd down (make it difficult for the opposing offense to make checks and convert), no chants, no tradition, just a bunch of folks that go to games for the tailgate. New Englanders watch football like it's hockey...quiet, down in front mentality, untill someone scores a goal...oh, I mean TD.

UNH, as someone else mentioned, has THE BEST coaches in FCS football. Just look at the track record of where our coaches go after UNH (see Chip Kelly, and half the BC staff). We're ridiculously fortunate to have a LOYAL head coach in Sean McDonnell that will never leave UNH because he bleeds blue and gets every young man on the team to bleed it as well.

So back to the original clown that posted this thread. Writing about how a quarterback, who was not heavily recuited out of high school and has waited his turn and gotten better because of coaching, is being hancuffed in a win against a rival makes you sound as foolish as you really are. Run game is finally efficient, QB makes the throws he needs to, D finally keeps a team under 48 pts, and you want the head coach fired?