PDA

View Full Version : CAA playoff prospectus

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
This is how the CAA playoff prospects seem to be stacking up, please let me know if any if this is wrong:

No Chance of Playoffs:
Villanova - Can't make 7 D1 wins, can't win CAA
William and Mary - Can't Make 7 D1 wins, can't win CAA
Rhode Island - Can't make 7 D1 wins, can't win CAA
UMass - Ineligible due to transitional status

Incredibly slim chance of Playoffs:

Delaware - Can't make 7 D1 wins, only chance is to win the CAA, which would require beating Towson, Richmond, and Villanova, Maine losing all remaining games, Towson winning at most 1 more game, JMU* winning at most 1 more game, UNH* winning at most 1 more game, and Old Dominion winning at most 2 more games.

*Not sure what would happen if UNH, JMU, and UD all had 5 CAA wins as there are no head to heads.

Can't win CAA title, but can make playoffs by winning out:

Richmond

Have solid chances to win the CAA or get to 7 D1 wins:

Maine
Towson
JMU
UNH
Old Dominion

Am I missing anything?

superman7515
October 22nd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Hens are going to lose to Towson. xsmhx

Reign of Terrier
October 22nd, 2011, 09:08 PM
W&M can't get 7 D1 wins therefore they cannot get into the playoffs

BlueHenSinfonian
October 22nd, 2011, 09:23 PM
W&M can't get 7 D1 wins therefore they cannot get into the playoffs

Thanks, original post updated. I keep reading 'New Haven' as 'Yale' on the W&M results page.

HailSzczur
October 22nd, 2011, 10:09 PM
This is how the CAA playoff prospects seem to be stacking up, please let me know if any if this is wrong:

No Chance of Playoffs:

With games against Maine and UDel left we can certainly play spoiler....or just do as expected: roll over and die going 0-for the CAA

Longhorn
October 23rd, 2011, 12:11 AM

No Chance of Playoffs:
William and Mary - Can't Make 7 D1 wins, can't win CAA
Rhode Island - Can't make 7 D1 wins, can't win CAA
UMass - Ineligible due to transitional status

Incredibly slim chance of Playoffs:

Delaware - Can't make 7 D1 wins, only chance is to win the CAA, which would require beating Towson, Richmond, and Villanova, Maine losing all remaining games, Towson winning at most 1 more game, JMU* winning at most 1 more game, UNH* winning at most 1 more game, and Old Dominion winning at most 2 more games.

*Not sure what would happen if UNH, JMU, and UD all had 5 CAA wins as there are no head to heads.

Can't win CAA title, but can make playoffs by winning out:

Richmond

Have solid chances to win the CAA or get to 7 D1 wins:

Maine
Towson
JMU
UNH
Old Dominion

Am I missing anything?

Yes, you missed the reality check that UD has zero chance of making the playoffs with only 6 D1 wins (and that's saying UD wins out,which they won't). Go ahead...place the hens in your "No Chance of Playoffs" group. Confession is good for the soul.

Squealofthepig
October 23rd, 2011, 12:15 AM
Yes, you missed the reality check that UD has zero chance of making the playoffs with only 6 D1 wins (and that's saying UD wins out,which they won't). Go ahead...place the hens in your "No Chance of Playoffs" group. Confession is good for the soul.

Delaware still, technically, has a chance at the autobid. The odds of it happening are practically zilch, but you have to acknowledge it is a statistical - if highly or ridiculously - possibility.

Longhorn
October 23rd, 2011, 12:20 AM
Delaware still, technically, has a chance at the autobid. The odds of it happening are practically zilch, but you have to acknowledge it is a statistical - if highly or ridiculously - possibility.

No, I don't have to acknowledge the impossible. UD's season is done as far as the playoffs are concerned.