PDA

View Full Version : Montana 21, NAU 21, mid-4th...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Link to Live video (free): click the America One Logo:

http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/Scores.html?week=8&list=s

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
FG 4:45 left, NAU

24-21 NAU

Looked like a 35-40 yarder... Nail-biting time for Griz!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:46 PM
Return to midfield by #28. One man to beat, but NAU tackles him.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
Canada busts loose on the left side, and easily waltzes into the end zone! Wow! Not a man within ten yards of him!

Montana 28, NAU 24, 4:26 left

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:51 PM
NAU receiver Czyz battles for the first down at his own 37.. and makes it...

Real great game...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:52 PM
Rush up the middle NAU, gets the first down past midfield.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:54 PM
Video: http://www.b2livetv.com/upcoming_events.asp?q=v&value=bigsky

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Ouch! Bad snap to the QB, rush for no gain.. 3rd and 6...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:56 PM
Missed a wide-open Czyz on 3rd down! Ugh! 4th and 6, NAU time out.

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 07:57 PM
Jacks sacked on fourth down. Man, NAU always gives us problems, and played really well most of the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM
Walked right into No. 50. NAU battled bravely, but the Griz get the job done. A great game, and a great win for the Griz. Two plays, and the go-ahead touchdown for the Griz! Unbelievable.

veinup
October 22nd, 2011, 09:56 PM
huge win for montana. go, griz, go. the showdown is shaping up proper.

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
We have to find a way to actually start playing when the game starts. The first quarter last weekend and the first five minutes of this game were some of the poorest I've ever seen the Griz play.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 22nd, 2011, 10:24 PM
We have to find a way to actually start playing when the game starts. The first quarter last weekend and the first five minutes of this game were some of the poorest I've ever seen the Griz play.

Can't say I disagree but this isn't anything new. It's happened for years now as I'm sure you know. Playing most BSC teams it goes this way. The other team is real jacked up, they come up with both barrels blazing and we weather the storm. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to convert some things a little earlier and even hang to the ball for a sustained drive or two but this doesn't look any different to me than in the past. We are not as good all around yet as we have been prior to last year so it seems a little more critical to us though.

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Can't say I disagree but this isn't anything new. It's happened for years now as I'm sure you know. Playing most BSC teams it goes this way. The other team is real jacked up, they come up with both barrels blazing and we weather the storm. Not saying it wouldn't be nice to convert some things a little earlier and even hang to the ball for a sustained drive or two but this doesn't look any different to me than in the past. We are not as good all around yet as we have been prior to last year so it seems a little more critical to us though.

Oh absolutely - as a lurker on eGriz I'm well aware of the long-standing "HAUCK did we win this?" after slow openings. But you're correct - I fear our margin for error is much smaller this year than in years past, and we're consistently relying on major second half defensive adjustments to shut teams down in the second half.

I would also acknowledge that the average play-level in the BSC is up this year; Northern Colorado played a very good game against McGhee and crew today, for example.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
Are you watching the EWU/Sac game...god damn amazing battle with 55 secs left tied at 35 with EWU getting hot in he second half.

Grizo406
October 22nd, 2011, 10:47 PM
As a Griz fan, I'm going to enjoy this win!xnodx

It was a fun game to watch! Edge of your seat kinda' stuff.

IMO, I repeat...IMO, I'm thinkin', other than the game with Western Oregon, this win against the Lumberjacks could very well be the last game the Griz win this season!xbawlingxxbawlingx

ursus arctos horribilis
October 22nd, 2011, 10:51 PM
if you ain't watching the Sac/EWU game you are missing some unbelievable fun.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 22nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Overtime.

veinup
October 22nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
phew. up with montana, boys.

Squealofthepig
October 22nd, 2011, 11:14 PM
Overtime.

Was one helluva game. Holy crap. After week 3, who would have thought that Delaware - the runners up last year - would be eliminated from the playoffs (for all intents and purposes) before the Eagles?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 22nd, 2011, 11:17 PM
Was one helluva game. Holy crap. After week 3, who would have thought that Delaware - the runners up last year - would be eliminated from the playoffs (for all intents and purposes) before the Eagles?

Yeah and I was beginning to think both were gonna be out by week 7 at the start of the 4th qtr. but EWU did the magic again.

Grizo406
October 23rd, 2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah and I was beginning to think both were gonna be out by week 7 at the start of the 4th qtr. but EWU did the magic again.

Those NDSU fans musta' really liked this game, huh?!!

Gotta' love that Eagle/BSC magic!