PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/SDSU: Bison win 38-14, take the Marker home, improve to 7-0

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
Just starting a thread to discuss the game if anyone wants to. I thought it was an AWESOME win. We did better overall than I thought we would.

UNI next week is going to be a BEEEOTCH of a game. I don't even think the players should be given 24 hours to relish in this win. That's 24 hours less to prepare for UNI.

Ginsbach
October 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
First Bison win in Brookings since 1999. Great game. Jensen, Smith, and MWill continue to impress me.

Drblankstare
October 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Nice win for the Bison. The big one next week. Should be fun

bisonguy
October 22nd, 2011, 05:01 PM
Good win in a game that they much were better on paper. Next week will be a true test of whether NDSU is a top 5 team or not.

TheBisonator
October 22nd, 2011, 05:10 PM
Good win in a game that they much were better on paper. Next week will be a true test of whether NDSU is a top 5 team or not.

You man they're not a top-5 team right now at this moment??

Dude?? SRSLY.... If I would've known this summer, with the schedule we knew, that even if we win our first 7 games, we won't be top-5 worthy. Nope, sorry... I wouldn't have even bothered.

semobison
October 22nd, 2011, 05:24 PM

Dude?? SRSLY.... If I would've known this summer, with the schedule we knew, that even if we win our first 7 games, we won't be top-5 worthy. Nope, sorry... I wouldn't have even bothered.

If we win next weekend, we will be at least top 3! If we lose, we will probably fall out of the top 5! BIG game in Fargo next weekend! Myself, I could really care less about rankings in October! Nobody will remember where we were ranked in october if we are not playing two or three weeks into the playoffs! I just want to beat UNI, ....really bad!

bisonguy
October 22nd, 2011, 05:29 PM

NEXT WEEK. A loss and NDSU probably won't be in the top 5. A win and NDSU moves up to the top 3 and gains some #1 votes. That's a true test for a top 5 team, not playing the second to last team in the MVFC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 22nd, 2011, 05:33 PM
Good game for the Bison, went down to Brookings and took care of business.

UNI game will be a good one.

Brock goes 20-25 like today we win....period!

GO BISON

bisonwest
October 23rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Good game for the Herd today! The punt return by Smith seemed to sort of break their spirit. The Jacks are going to be pretty good in a couple years. SDSU has a real gem in Sumner, and they have him for the next four years. If they can provide him with a supporting cast the Jacks could really tear up the conference.