PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at Lafayette – Dies Irae

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
Although removed from the ordinary Roman liturgy following Vatican II, the Dies Irae remains an important part of Jesuit tradition. In a special halftime celebration at Lafayette's Homecoming this weekend, "Ignatius Catalexis," Fordham's cloistered a cappella ensemble, will honor its Rams with a performance of stanza XIX of the classical latin Requiem.

Watch here as the group celebrates both the consequence of Fordham's proud decision to free itself of ties to the Patriot League, and the dramatic advantage the Rams have gained this season by abandoning unnecessary and restrictive academic standards for football "participants."

http://vimeo.com/30877829
Pie Jesu Dominae, dona eis requiem.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2011, 01:26 PM
Is Dies Irae Latin for "gift of scholarship"? xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Is Dies Irae Latin for "gift of scholarship"? xlolx

Thanks for noticing. It means "Day of Wrath" -à propos for the Pardsvillian Homecoming. The intent was for this thread to be effective on a number of different levels, but not everyone will get it, and the AGS mods likely will move or delete it once its underpinnings are considered.

Your interpretation is both wise and prescient, however. Fordham's scholarships seem to have operated in inverse proportion to its Patriot League success.

ngineer
October 21st, 2011, 04:40 PM
Thanks for noticing. It means "Day of Wrath" -à propos for the Pardsvillian Homecoming. The intent was for this thread to be effective on a number of different levels, but not everyone will get it, and the AGS mods likely will move or delete it once its underpinnings are considered.

Your interpretation is both wise and prescient, however. Fordham's scholarships seem to have operated in inverse proportion to its Patriot League success.

My dealings with the spotted administration is that little they have done has been 'on the level'. Have some merlot at the tailgate for Fordham's 'grapes of wrath'. A Masella Whine before it's time.

Bogus Megapardus
October 21st, 2011, 04:55 PM
My dealings with the spotted administration is that little they have done has been 'on the level'. Have some merlot at the tailgate for Fordham's 'grapes of wrath'. A Masella Whine before it's time.

xthumbsupx Well played, my capable foe!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2011, 03:33 PM
'Pards win 45-24.

I think Lafayette will be a major headache at the end of the year. They have a lot of weapons on offense. The Pards might end up being one of the best teams in the league.

RichH2
October 22nd, 2011, 03:49 PM
FU did more damage to themselves again. I think lost qb at some point. Pards capitalized and rolled.

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2011, 03:50 PM
'Pards win 45-24.

I think Lafayette will be a major headache at the end of the year. They have a lot of weapons on offense. The Pards might end up being one of the best teams in the league.

We are improving, and the run game was great today. Our D was a bit dissapointing however as Fordham had 50 plays and over 300 yards of offense at the half. The way Colgate, Bucknell, and Holy Cross played today we may have a chance to do some damage before the year is over.