PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-22

JALMOND
October 20th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Unusual for this late in the season but there are six games this weekend involving Big Sky teams. Currently I am at 33-6 for the year and am perfect through the month of October. I have to make a bad pick sooner than later, right. Here are this week's predictions in my quest for perfection once again.

EWU at Sac State---Two teams that had aspirations for great seasons, yet circumstances dictate that the loser will have a very tough time making the playoffs. The Eagles have recovered nicely from their atrocious start while the Hornets have been treading water on the road for forever. This is only the second home game for the Hornets. The last one they beat Montana...Sac State 21, EWU 10.

ISU at Brigham Young---This week the Bengals stay in the great state of Utah, heading further south to the other side of Salt Lake City to play FBS Brigham Young. This is their second try against FBS, having lost to Washington State in the season opener. Think this may be different. Think again...Brigham Young 48, ISU 7.

UM at NAU---The Grizzlies may have found an offense to go with that defense, or at least a runner. The Lumberjacks are in search of a big win and would like to get it this week at home. The Grizzlies have a strong defense to hold down opponents, but can they beat the altitude and the noise? A hunch on this one...NAU 28, UM 26.

MSU at UNC---For all the parity in the conference, there are two things that have remained constant so far this season. The Bobcats are really good and the Bears are really bad. This game is one that has to be played and, with big games coming up with Weber State and Montana, the Bobcats better not sleep through it. Or maybe they can...MSU 30, UNC 20.

Willamette at PSU---In between a rough stretch of conference games, the Vikings scheduled a game with DIII Willamette. A little known fact is that Willamette actually owns the series over the Vikings all time (7-3). Of course that is being shown in black and white, as long as the tape doesn't break. Willamette is good, but good enough to beat the Vikings...PSU 49, Willamette 20.

Southern Utah at WSU---In a preview of a conference showdown with a new instate rival for the Wildcats. Will it replace the Wildcats long traditional rivalry with Idaho State remains to be seen but for now, Southern Utah is a strong opponent, winning games over both Sacramento State and Nevada-Las Vegas. Are they strong enough to beat the Wildcats...WSU 34, Southern Utah 17.

Quest for perfection once again.

wapiti
October 20th, 2011, 09:43 AM
EWU 32 at Sac State 35---This has the makings of being a good game to watch. I go with the home team and EWU is knocked out of the playoff picture.

ISU 17 at Brigham Young 48---Easy pick here, but ISU is going to score more than BYU would like.

UM 16 at NAU 17---This too has the makings of being a good game to watch. Once again it may come down to McKnights field goal kicking. I went with the home team and my anti-homerism with the griz.

MSU 32 at UNC 21---I hope the Cat's do not overlook this game, otherwise da Bears may catch da Cat's playing some lackadaisical ball.

Willamette 13 at PSU 41---I know nothing about Willamette, other than what Jalmond mentioned. Should be an easy one for PSU.

Southern Utah 24 at WSU 27---And a third game that could be a good one to watch. I went with the home team and my Big Sky homerism.

Future Big Sky teams:

CP 24 @ ND 17

UCD 17 @ SD 30

THE DANIMAL
October 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM
EWU 35 Sac st. 31
ISU 7 BYU 61
Montana 38 NAU 24
MSU 44 UNC 14
Wilamette 7 PSU 45
Southern Utah 27 Weber St 24

Walkon79
October 20th, 2011, 01:10 PM
EWU 30 SAC 27
BYU 50 ISU 3
NAU 24 UM 21
MSU 30 UNC 14
PSU 42 Will 7
WSU 35 SUU 31

MSUBobcat
October 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Tough week to pick. Three basically gimme games and 3 difficult ones.

EWU @ Sac St. - Sac St. beat the Griz in their only home game, but a loss kicks the defending champs out of the playoffs. I was leaning toward EWU, thinking they are now focused on winning out to make the playoffs. After looking at the remaining schedule for Sac though, they have to like their chances too, so I think they win this and use it as a springboard to running the table. EWU 24, Sac State 28 (whoever wins, I hope they win out so we get 3 BSC teams into the playoffs.)

ISU @ BYU - no brainer; only question is how bad. ISU 17, BYU 45

UM @ NAU - Griz bring a tough defense. I think they win, setting up a potential game for the conference auto-bid against the Bobcats Nov. 19th. UM 24, NAU 17.

MSU @ UNC - UNC is just plain bad; MSU takes starters out to start the 4th quarter. MSU 42, UNC 10

Willamette @ PSU - PSU has a sour taste in its mouth after two hard fought losses to the conference's top teams. Even w/o their star RB, they take it out on the little guys. PSU 34, Willamette 13

SUU @ WSU - Which SUU team shows up? The one that took down Sac St after they beat FBS Oregon State and FBS UNLV (poor Bobby Hauck :D) or the one yet to win a conference game and on a 3 game losing streak? Time to get back to their winning ways. SUU 31, WSU 27

veinup
October 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
UM @ NAU - Griz bring a tough defense. I think they win, setting up a potential game for the conference auto-bid against the Bobcats Nov. 19th. UM 24, NAU 17.

this will happen. and it will be epic.

JALMOND
October 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM
Unusual for this late in the season but there are six games this weekend involving Big Sky teams. Currently I am at 33-6 for the year and am perfect through the month of October. I have to make a bad pick sooner than later, right. Here are this week's predictions in my quest for perfection once again.

EWU at Sac State---Two teams that had aspirations for great seasons, yet circumstances dictate that the loser will have a very tough time making the playoffs. The Eagles have recovered nicely from their atrocious start while the Hornets have been treading water on the road for forever. This is only the second home game for the Hornets. The last one they beat Montana...Sac State 21, EWU 10.

ISU at Brigham Young---This week the Bengals stay in the great state of Utah, heading further south to the other side of Salt Lake City to play FBS Brigham Young. This is their second try against FBS, having lost to Washington State in the season opener. Think this may be different. Think again...Brigham Young 48, ISU 7.

UM at NAU---The Grizzlies may have found an offense to go with that defense, or at least a runner. The Lumberjacks are in search of a big win and would like to get it this week at home. The Grizzlies have a strong defense to hold down opponents, but can they beat the altitude and the noise? A hunch on this one...NAU 28, UM 26.

MSU at UNC---For all the parity in the conference, there are two things that have remained constant so far this season. The Bobcats are really good and the Bears are really bad. This game is one that has to be played and, with big games coming up with Weber State and Montana, the Bobcats better not sleep through it. Or maybe they can...MSU 30, UNC 20.

Willamette at PSU---In between a rough stretch of conference games, the Vikings scheduled a game with DIII Willamette. A little known fact is that Willamette actually owns the series over the Vikings all time (7-3). Of course that is being shown in black and white, as long as the tape doesn't break. Willamette is good, but good enough to beat the Vikings...PSU 49, Willamette 20.

Southern Utah at WSU---In a preview of a conference showdown with a new instate rival for the Wildcats. Will it replace the Wildcats long traditional rivalry with Idaho State remains to be seen but for now, Southern Utah is a strong opponent, winning games over both Sacramento State and Nevada-Las Vegas. Are they strong enough to beat the Wildcats...WSU 34, Southern Utah 17.

Quest for perfection once again.

3-3 this week, 36-9 overall. Even I could not fathom that the home team would be victorious in the FBS game and the DIII game only this week. Oh well, at least I got the MSU/UNC game right (and close on the score).