App State 28 Samford 24

ASUMountaineer
October 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Wofford 31 Furman 30
GSU 50 Presb 13
UTC 38 Elon 24
Citadel 41 WCU 27
ASU 34 Samford 31

Did Presby join the SoCon while no one was looking?

Horseshoe App
October 18th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Wofford 38 Furman 17
GSU 56 Presb 7
UTC 28 Elon 24
Citadel 42 WCU 24
ASU 38 Samford 21

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Did Presby join the SoCon while no one was looking?

no but they sure want to

SideLine Shooter
October 18th, 2011, 11:59 AM
no but they sure want to

Everybody else would like to have them too. Another (W).

ElonPride
October 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Wofford-38 @ Furman-24
Presbyterian-13 @ Georgia Southern-48
Chattanooga-42 @ Elon-17
The Citadel-37 @ Western Carolina-14
Samford-24 @ Appalachian State-42

These look fairly accurate....

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 12:29 PM
lol..great win..

When you're right, you're right I suppose. A 2-point win at home over a team that is 1-3 in the SoCon is nothing to brag about.

chattownmocs
October 18th, 2011, 02:31 PM
When you're right, you're right I suppose. A 2-point win at home over a team that is 1-3 in the SoCon is nothing to brag about.

Especially when that team got the best of you for 4 quarters.

Skjellyfetti
October 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM

That's where you're wrong.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM

Getting the best of us for all 4 quarters would mean you won. This sounds like a classic case of loser denial. See 1:32 of the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vNGX3c03gM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL65325FF4F1392856

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
These look fairly accurate....

I agree with the exception of APP v Sammy. I still think App will win but with a much closer score. Maybe App 36-31.

ElonPride
October 18th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with the exception of APP v Sammy. I still think App will win but with a much closer score. Maybe App 36-31.

Sammy is bringing an offense this year. If they cut out the silly little turnovers, like the fumbles that helped keep Elon in the game, we could see a shootout.

GaSouthern
October 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Wofford 24 Furman 21
GSU 41 Presb 14
UTC 31 Elon 24
Citadel 28 WCU 17
ASU 34 Samford 35

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Sammy is bringing an offense this year. If they cut out the silly little turnovers, like the fumbles that helped keep Elon in the game, we could see a shootout.

?? Samford has the best turnover ratio in the SoCon at +10.

biggie
October 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
But if Elon's offense is 'down' a little and still scored as much as they did with 6 turnovers on the Samford D...

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 03:32 PM
But if Elon's offense is 'down' a little and still scored as much as they did with 6 turnovers on the Samford D...

I agree with the shootout part. Sammy's biggest strength is their O & D lines. When we scored with our offense, it was passing. I don't see App's passing attack (yard generation that is) as being as strong as Elon. We'll see how they do against App but I think Sammy has a great run game and a good pass game.

ElonPride
October 18th, 2011, 03:33 PM
?? Samford has the best turnover ratio in the SoCon at +10.

....was simply referring to the Elon game there fella. They had a couple silly turnovers that kept the margin from being wider......ie the fumble on the 38 yard run.

phoenix3
October 18th, 2011, 04:03 PM
....was simply referring to the Elon game there fella. They had a couple silly turnovers that kept the margin from being wider......ie the fumble on the 38 yard run.

Yup. Got it.

Reign of Terrier
October 18th, 2011, 04:12 PM
If Samford is controlling the LOS like some of these posters say they are, that bodes well for Woffor/GSU the rest of the way because, having watched them play Wofford, Wofford DOMINATED the LOS in that game. They couldn't stop our offense.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Football is a crazy game and anything could happen but if I were a Samford fan, the most concerning thing would be that they gave up 31 points to Elon in their last game despite 6 Phoenix turnovers. Combine that with the fact that the largest crowd they've seen thus far in 2011 was 9K, it does not bode well for their ability to stop ASU in front of a rowdy 28-30K on Homecoming.

Samford could absolutely come into Boone and win, but it would likely have to be a shoot-out. Although you never know, who expected a 14-12 game when UTC came to town?

pike51
October 18th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Football is a crazy game and anything could happen but if I were a Samford fan, the most concerning thing would be that they gave up 31 points to Elon in their last game despite 6 Phoenix turnovers. Combine that with the fact that the largest crowd they've seen thus far in 2011 was 9K, it does not bode well for their ability to stop ASU in front of a rowdy 28-30K on Homecoming.

Samford could absolutely come into Boone and win, but it would likely have to be a shoot-out. Although you never know, who expected a 14-12 game when UTC came to town?

Well... Chattownmocs will tell you he fully expected a UTC blowout and the only reason the game was 14 to 12 in your favor was because UTC decided it so. Heck, why do we even do these threads? We should just let Chattown tell us what the scores are each week and let that be. Think of it.. no injuries, no $$$ spent on travel, we could pay attention to other things in our lives! Yep... I think we should go that route next season. Chattownocs gets to call all the shots and the only game that will be played is the national championship. Naturally, that game will be moved back to Chattanooga and it will feature the UTC offense vs the UTC defense.

SU DOG
October 18th, 2011, 06:01 PM

I don't think the crowd will be that much of a factor. Our players may actually "feed" off of that. What I am much more worried about is how tremendously FAST App always seems to be. I haven't seen the Mountaineers this year, but in the past we couldn't tackle what we couldn't catch. I will say also, however, that I honestly believe this is the best team that Samford has fielded since coming into the SoCon. Even with FIFTY Fr. and RS-Fr. on the roster, this team is capable of playing pretty good.

asumike83
October 18th, 2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think the crowd will be that much of a factor. Our players may actually "feed" off of that. What I am much more worried about is how tremendously FAST App always seems to be. I haven't seen the Mountaineers this year, but in the past we couldn't tackle what we couldn't catch. I will say also, however, that I honestly believe this is the best team that Samford has fielded since coming into the SoCon. Even with FIFTY Fr. and RS-Fr. on the roster, this team is capable of playing pretty good.

Haven't seen you boys play this year personally but I've heard good things. Your '08 squad that we played in Birmingham was pretty solid, the back y'all had (Evans?) was an absolute monster. We are an inexperienced bunch as well overall but the speed is definitely still there.

Eagle22
October 18th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Haven't seen you boys play this year personally but I've heard good things. Your '08 squad that we played in Birmingham was pretty solid, the back y'all had (Evans?) was an absolute monster. We are an inexperienced bunch as well overall but the speed is definitely still there.

Prior to the season, I was anticipating seeing a major dropoff in production from their running game, with Evans having moved along. Truss appears to be a more than suitable replacement. He gave us fits on kickoff returns.

I'm glad we played them in the season opener, before they had their new offense in full swing.

Should be an interesting game in Boone.

eaglesrback
October 18th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Everybody else would like to have them too. Another (W).

Your picture at the bottom was a facemask call on App, right?
Was that Armanti on Covington?

eaglesrback
October 18th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Prior to the season, I was anticipating seeing a major dropoff in production from their running game, with Evans having moved along. Truss appears to be a more than suitable replacement. He gave us fits on kickoff returns.

I'm glad we played them in the season opener, before they had their new offense in full swing.

Should be an interesting game in Boone.

Will 2nd that Paul, glad we got Sammy out of the way early, Truss and the boys could REALLY hurt some feelings down the stretch....

Eagle22
October 18th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Your picture at the bottom was a facemask call on App, right?
Was that Armanti on Covington?

No call on Armanti, and it was Chris Rogers.

apaladin
October 18th, 2011, 09:48 PM
If Samford is controlling the LOS like some of these posters say they are, that bodes well for Woffor/GSU the rest of the way because, having watched them play Wofford, Wofford DOMINATED the LOS in that game. They couldn't stop our offense.

Yes YT, no one is as good as the T-Dogs. A near perfect machine with an unstoppable offense and a defense remindful of the steel curtain, fearsome foursome and doomsday defense all rolled into one. Your score is too compromising(41-19? come on!). I'm thinking the T-dogs will be in the fifties, FU may get a score late against the 3rd teamers. More like 55-10. I'll be at the game but plan on leaving at halftime as I'm sure the only thing in question will be the final score.

Terrierforlife
October 18th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Wofford 42 Furman17
GSU 49 Blue Hose 14
UTC 35 Elon 17
Citadel 31 WCU 10
Samford 24 ASU 31

CID1990
October 19th, 2011, 05:01 AM
We will spot WCU 17 points, and then we will put in Miller at QB in the 4th quarter, score 28 points in the 4th, and win 28-17. Why we are still shilly shallying around with Dupree I just cannot fathom. He's good but he needs to be a slot or receiver.

I think the ASU-Sammy score might be a one-score decision, maybe along the lines of ASU 35- Sammy 28. Sammy is a sleeper this year.

Wofford 35 furple 21
GSU 45 Hose 10
UTC 24 Elon 28

GaSouthern
October 19th, 2011, 06:35 AM

It's not the fact that there is a cheering crowd IMO it is the fact that it can be extremely hard to communicate on 3rd and 4th down plays. Every home game for GSU this season the crowd can be credited with at least one lost timeout or one delay of game and i'm willing to bet that The Rock is louder than Paulson when fully packed.

phoenix3
October 19th, 2011, 07:23 AM
It's not the fact that there is a cheering crowd IMO it is the fact that it can be extremely hard to communicate on 3rd and 4th down plays. Every home game for GSU this season the crowd can be credited with at least one lost timeout or one delay of game and i'm willing to bet that The Rock is louder than Paulson when fully packed.

Make a couple of big plays & that crowd gets a whole lot quieter. ;)

StorminASU
October 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Make a couple of big plays & that crowd gets a whole lot quieter. ;)

How would you know?

Reign of Terrier
October 19th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Yes YT, no one is as good as the T-Dogs. A near perfect machine with an unstoppable offense and a defense remindful of the steel curtain, fearsome foursome and doomsday defense all rolled into one. Your score is too compromising(41-19? come on!). I'm thinking the T-dogs will be in the fifties, FU may get a score late against the 3rd teamers. More like 55-10. I'll be at the game but plan on leaving at halftime as I'm sure the only thing in question will be the final score.
yep. whatever floats your boat

fc97
October 19th, 2011, 11:10 AM
How would you know?

villanova game

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 11:16 AM
villanova game

Low blow man... low blow xbawlingx

longtimemocfan
October 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Wofford 35 @ Furman 24
Presbyterian 14 @Ga. Southern 52
Chattanooga 31 @ Elon 27
The Citadel 28 @ Western Carolina 21
Samford 17 @ Appalachian St.24

StorminASU
October 19th, 2011, 01:18 PM
villanova game

Still wondering how an Elon fan would have first hand knowledge of it.

fc97
October 19th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Still wondering how an Elon fan would have first hand knowledge of it.

good friends went to app

we all go to games with each other

asumike83
October 19th, 2011, 01:32 PM
good friends went to app

we all go to games with each other

Speaking of which, any idea how ticket sales are coming along for the ASU v. Elon game? I've already got my tickets and am planning to caravan on a rental bus from Charlotte with a group of ASU and Elon folks. I know it was a record crowd the last time we played y'all down there, although the stakes were a lot higher. I'd love to see another big crowd.

FurmanWins!!
October 19th, 2011, 03:07 PM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/2788/img0117rt.jpg

phoenix3
October 19th, 2011, 07:23 PM
How would you know?

Because I was there when we shut you up several times last year.

StorminASU
October 19th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Because I was there when we shut you up several times last year.

Yeah I wouldn't exactly consider what Elon did last year shutting us up. Glad you enjoyed it though.

GaSouthern
October 20th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Yeah I wouldn't exactly consider what Elon did last year shutting us up. Glad you enjoyed it though.

Because I know what ASU has done to the SoCon over the last 5 years I know that Elon did not beat appy, but was it that close that the ASU fans were not cheering? To me a close game is the best way in Paulson to get our fans really going.

StorminASU
October 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Because I know what ASU has done to the SoCon over the last 5 years I know that Elon did not beat appy, but was it that close that the ASU fans were not cheering? To me a close game is the best way in Paulson to get our fans really going.

I don't know where he's coming from really. The attitude in KBS that day was pretty fierce, especially for the first half. I would personally never say anything they did shut us up and I hope we give GSU a taste of how loud it can be in a few weeks. We answer the call, especially against good competition like GSU. If we were quiet, that's probably the reason; we were use to dominating Elon and felt in control...just a suggestion, I don't remember it being that quiet though.

phoenix3
October 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I don't know where he's coming from really. The attitude in KBS that day was pretty fierce, especially for the first half. I would personally never say anything they did shut us up and I hope we give GSU a taste of how loud it can be in a few weeks. We answer the call, especially against good competition like GSU. If we were quiet, that's probably the reason; we were use to dominating Elon and felt in control...just a suggestion, I don't remember it being that quiet though.

You have selective memory. There were numerous plays during that game where the stands quietened down. "Dominating Elon" was certainly not what was done that game.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2010/fb1009.htm

StorminASU
October 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
You have selective memory. There were numerous plays during that game where the stands quietened down. "Dominating Elon" was certainly not what was done that game.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/stats/football/2010/fb1009.htm

If you'll read what I wrote again, I didn't say we dominated you that day, I said our crowd was use to dominating Elon. I also never conceded we were quiet, but you seem insistent on it, so I'll agree to disagree. If you're referring to a big play by Elon, it probably did get quieter, but what crowd wouldn't. Is that the only thing you took away from the game you could be proud of? That was the closest Elon played us in years, I would be proud of that, but don't be so cocky as to say Elon quieted down KBS. Villanova did that and that was really only in the fourth quarter when they completely took the wind out of the crowd sails. Elon has never came close to doing that, that's all I'm saying.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2011, 10:50 AM
If you'll read what I wrote again, I didn't say we dominated you that day, I said our crowd was use to dominating Elon. I also never conceded we were quiet, but you seem insistent on it, so I'll agree to disagree. If you're referring to a big play by Elon, it probably did get quieter, but what crowd wouldn't. Is that the only thing you took away from the game you could be proud of? That was the closest Elon played us in years, I would be proud of that, but don't be so cocky as to say Elon quieted down KBS. Villanova did that and that was really only in the fourth quarter when they completely took the wind out of the crowd sails. Elon has never came close to doing that, that's all I'm saying.

....Was the closest since '08 (24-16 App). If I remember correctly, that was a pretty frigid game.

StorminASU
October 20th, 2011, 11:21 AM
....Was the closest since '08 (24-16 App). If I remember correctly, that was a pretty frigid game.

Would the "was the closest since...." not go back a little further than '08? I don't have the stats, but it seems like you would use the last year for that sentence wherein Elon/App beat the other by 3 points or less. Using the '08 game where we won by 8 doesn't make sense to me there. Maybe it's just me though.

phoenix3
October 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM

Dude. If you'll reread MY posts that is all I said. The statement regarding your not dominating Elon that game stands on its own irrespective of what you wrote.

I'm tired of this stupid argument. On to the next thread.

ElonPride
October 20th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Would the "was the closest since...." not go back a little further than '08? I don't have the stats, but it seems like you would use the last year for that sentence wherein Elon/App beat the other by 3 points or less. Using the '08 game where we won by 8 doesn't make sense to me there. Maybe it's just me though.

??? The game was pretty close throughout. Down 4 at the half and down 5 going into the 4th...... Within a score is a "close" game. But you are right. Correct phrasing would be to look at the last time it was within 3 or less.

But a loss is a loss and Elon hasn't beaten App since '64 which is a current 15 game losing streak xsmhx

I tell you, the oddest score in the series is probably from '66. App won 8-2.

StorminASU
October 20th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Dude. If you'll reread MY posts that is all I said. The statement regarding your not dominating Elon that game stands on its own irrespective of what you wrote.

I'm tired of this stupid argument. On to the next thread.

I thought you were saying that Elon got KBS as quiet as Villanova did, which is why I thought that was wrong, please excuse me. Now if you were just arguing about whether a big play by a visiting makes the home crowd a little quieter, we can talk about other similarly obvious things; I notice when I call ladies fat, they get mad. Do you find that to be true?

xrolleyesxxsmiley_wix

StorminASU
October 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
??? The game was pretty close throughout. Down 4 at the half and down 5 going into the 4th...... Within a score is a "close" game. But you are right. Correct phrasing would be to look at the last time it was within 3 or less.

But a loss is a loss and Elon hasn't beaten App since '64 which is a current 15 game losing streak xsmhx

I tell you, the oddest score in the series is probably from '66. App won 8-2.

Wow that is an odd score. I wonder if the average score of a football game has changed significantly since those days because it seems like old scores were always low.