PDA

View Full Version : Question For SWAC

The Eagle's Cliff
October 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Now that 16 playoff teams have a bye on Thanksgiving weekend, would a SWAC team be able to play the championship game and play the next week in their scheduled playoff?

I wonder if Alabama St got seeded high enough if the committee would at least give them the opportunity to decline an invitation.

813Jag
October 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Alabama St will go to the SWAC title game, if they win out. So I doubt they'd get an invite.

UAalum72
October 18th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Only twelve teams have a first-round bye.

Twentysix
October 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Only twelve teams have a first-round bye.

This is truth.

OhioHen
October 18th, 2011, 10:43 AM
The SWAC regular season doesn't end until Thanksgiving weekend. The SWAC championship game is in December.

kdinva
October 18th, 2011, 10:48 AM
I wonder if Alabama St got seeded high enough if the committee would at least give them the opportunity to decline an invitation.

no

no

no

dgtw
October 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM
The SWAC regular season doesn't end until Thanksgiving weekend. The SWAC championship game is in December.

Alabama State plays Tuskeegee (DII) every year on Thanksgiving Day.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I thought if a team played in a championship game in FCS that they were not eligible for the playoffs anyway? Do I have that wrong or has it changed?

Mr. C
October 18th, 2011, 09:20 PM
I thought if a team played in a championship game in FCS that they were not eligible for the playoffs anyway? Do I have that wrong or has it changed?

You are correct.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 18th, 2011, 11:22 PM
You are correct.

It's about time. I'm on a roll people!xthumbsupx

JSUBison
October 19th, 2011, 12:32 AM
What's interesting here is that if Comegy of Jackson State maybe had a little better handle on recruiting and didn't rely on transfers so much, they might not be under APR sanctions this year. Had JSU not been banned from the postseason this year because of those APR issues, they would have had a chance, probably a small one, to grab an at large if they kept winning and the right teams above them lost. They already are sneaking into the polls in the 20-25 spot. They would not be in the SWAC championship this year anyway, because of the Alabama State loss.