18. Richmond Spiders 3-3 843 20
19. Alabama State Hornets 6-1 768 24
20. North Dakota Fighting Sioux 4-2 747 23
21. Old Dominion Monarchs 5-2 671 18
22. Massachusetts Minutemen 4-2 668 NR
23. Jackson State Tigers 6-1 529 25
24. Norfolk State Spartans 6-1 511 NR
25. South Dakota Coyotes 4-3 477 15

Others receiving votes: Texas State 217, Tennessee Tech 211, Liberty 150, Chattanooga 135, Sacramento State 111, Central Arkansas 109, San Diego 104, Harvard 98, Samford 93, McNeese Sate 79, Illinois State 41, Weber State 36, South Carolina State 30, Eastern Washington 30, Brown 23, Cal Poly 22, Albany 19, Coastal Carolina 17, Furman 16, Tennessee State 13, Elon 10, Alabama A&M 9, Jacksonville 8, Stony Brook 8, Portland State 6, South Alabama 4, North Carolina A&T 4, Southern Utah 3, Southern Illinois 3, Penn 3, Sacred Heart 2, Northwestern State 2, Murray State 1, Alcorn State 1, UT Martin 1.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/TSN-DIV-1AA-POLL.htm

JmuSkinsfan
October 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Uhm ... yeah ... CAA has 9 of their 11 teams in the Top 22 ... unbelievable!!

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Uhm ... yeah ... CAA has 9 of their 11 teams in the Top 22 ... unbelievable!!
And they're all between 9 and 22.

JmuSkinsfan
October 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
And they're all between 9 and 22.

Yeah, makes it tough to separate and get into the top 5 when you keep beating up one each other ... and the one team that does deserve to be in the Top 5 (Maine) is not because they were unranked pre-season! I'd argue Maine could be Top 5 ... but no one in the Top 5 has lost or played themselves out, so it's hard to justify them being in.

I think at season's end, Maine, Towson and JMU will be top 10. IF JMU wins out, they'll be top 5, methinks.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I know the voters love some CAA and it is a very good conference, but a UR team with an 0-3 conference record riding a 3-game losing streak at #18? Come on.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2011, 12:14 PM
25. South Dakota Coyotes 4-3 477 15

Others receiving votes: Texas State 217, Tennessee Tech 211, Liberty 150, Chattanooga 135, Sacramento State 111, Central Arkansas 109, San Diego 104, Harvard 98, Samford 93, McNeese Sate 79, Illinois State 41, Weber State 36, South Carolina State 30, Eastern Washington 30, Brown 23, Cal Poly 22, Albany 19, Coastal Carolina 17, Furman 16, Tennessee State 13, Elon 10, Alabama A&M 9, Jacksonville 8, Stony Brook 8, Portland State 6, South Alabama 4, North Carolina A&T 4, Southern Utah 3, Southern Illinois 3, Penn 3, Sacred Heart 2, Northwestern State 2, Murray State 1, Alcorn State 1, UT Martin 1.

South Dakota and San Diego DECISIVELY over Harvard, Brown, and Samford? Really?

Holy Cross and Colgate without a single vote? Penn with 3 points? Really?

I'm sorry, you line up Holy Cross, Brown, Harvard, Colgate or Samford against San Diego, the Toreros get blown off the field. And I'm not sure it wouldn't happen to the other USD either.

JmuSkinsfan
I know the voters love some CAA and it is a very good conference, but a UR team with an 0-3 conference record riding a 3-game losing streak at #18? Come on.

I agree, although, aside from the #11 JMU blowout loss, they lost at the last second to #15 Towson and #13 UNH as their 3 losses.

FargoBison

Who should be in front of them?

andy7171
October 17th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I think at season's end, Maine, Towson and JMU will be top 10. IF JMU wins out, they'll be top 5, methinks.

xprayx
We may just get to play each other this season after all!

JmuSkinsfan
October 17th, 2011, 12:24 PM
xprayx
We may just get to play each other this season after all!

That would be awesome! I'd love to meet up with Towson in the playoffs ... now let's both get there! I'd assume JMU would win the bid in that game though, so you'll actually get to come see our new digs, ay?

HensRock
October 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM

Mike, It looks like Richmond is the CAA's Chattanooga. A few very close conference losses to very good teams. I think Chatty deserves to be ranked also.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Mike, It looks like Richmond is the CAA's Chattanooga. A few very close conference losses to very good teams. I think Chatty deserves to be ranked also.

Well Richmond does have a win vs a 3-3 FBS team.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I agree, although, aside from the #11 JMU blowout loss, they lost at the last second to #15 Towson and #13 UNH as their 3 losses.

True, only 1 was a bad loss. However, you have to consider who they have beaten as well. Opening win @ Duke was nice, but is that really going to keep them in the top 20 all year? Aside from that, their wins are against Wagner and VMI, both of whom currently sport 1-5 records.

I would put their 2-loss conference mates UMass and ODU ahead of them. UND has not yet lost a game to FCS competition, I think they deserve to be ahead of them as well.

True, they have had some tough luck. As stated above, the Duke win was impressive. However, they still have not beaten an FCS team who's won more than 1 game this season.

I am just nit-picking anyways. I do think they are a borderline Top 25 team, just wouldn't have them that high until they can win a conference game.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM
True, only 1 was a bad loss. However, you have to consider who they have beaten as well. Opening win @ Duke was nice, but is that really going to keep them in the top 20 all year? Aside from that, their wins are against Wagner and VMI, both of whom currently sport 1-5 records.

I would put their 2-loss conference mates UMass and ODU ahead of them. UND has not yet lost a game to FCS competition, I think they deserve to be ahead of them as well.

Well honestly I don't think UMASS should be ranked at all due to their FBS transition. ODU I could see. UND hell no, they've played two non-DI teams and their only decent win is vs a 3-4 FCS team. Richmond beat a .500 FBS team, I'll keep them in my poll for now but if they lose this week they might be gonzo.

DSUrocks07
October 17th, 2011, 12:46 PM
What's with the SWAC love from TSN all of a sudden?

Walkon79
October 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Eastern Washington, maybe? They have played well the past 3 weeks and have a good shot at running the table to get an at large.

JmuSkinsfan
October 17th, 2011, 12:59 PM
So Georgia Southern has played 0 ranked teams ... App State has no top-25 wins ... and Wofford's only top-25 win is App State ... I think the SoCon might be slightly overrated

Also, Maine has beaten two top-25 teams and only loss is by a TD to Big East Pitt ... yet they barely crack the top-10? Towson, same story. App State really hasn't beaten anybody ... which goes to show that reputation is a HUGE factor in these polls. I could argue that Maine, Towson and JMU are all top-10 teams based on resume, while App State should be around 11-12 ... and Lehigh?

GATA_Eagles
October 17th, 2011, 01:10 PM
So Georgia Southern has played 0 ranked teams ... App State has no top-25 wins ... and Wofford's only top-25 win is App State ... I think the SoCon might be slightly overrated

Also, Maine has beaten two top-25 teams and only loss is by a TD to Big East Pitt ... yet they barely crack the top-10? Towson, same story. App State really hasn't beaten anybody ... which goes to show that reputation is a HUGE factor in these polls. I could argue that Maine, Towson and JMU are all top-10 teams based on resume, while App State should be around 11-12 ... and Lehigh?

Chatty was ranked when we played them and App has the win over Chatty when they were ranked as well.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Chatty was ranked when we played them and App has the win over Chatty when they were ranked as well.

Wins vs the current top 25 are all that matter.

asumike83
October 17th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Agree that #6 is too high for Appalachian. I believe I have them at #10 in my poll.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Agree that #6 is too high for Appalachian. I believe I have them at #10 in my poll.

Same. Appy at 10.

URMite
October 17th, 2011, 01:19 PM

True, they have had some tough luck. As stated above, the Duke win was impressive. However, they still have not beaten an FCS team who's won more than 1 game this season.

I am just nit-picking anyways. I do think they are a borderline Top 25 team, just wouldn't have them that high until they can win a conference game.

Kinda hope all this talk is a reverse jinks so our first CAA win can come at home vs Maine this week, creating even more parity in the CAA. Does 2011 CAA look like 2010 MVFC?

jmufan999
October 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Kinda hope all this talk is a reverse jinks so our first CAA win can come at home vs Maine this week, creating even more parity in the CAA. Does 2011 CAA look like 2010 MVFC?

PLEASE beat maine. PLEASE.

URMite
October 17th, 2011, 02:19 PM

That depends on a couple of things. The first one is does their pass rush look anything like yours?

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Holy Cross and Colgate without a single vote? Penn with 3 points? Really?

Not exactly seeing where the Colgate vote comes from there. We lost decisively to Towson (ranked), HC (bubble team) and Dartmouth (ugh). Ranked above Albany after winning? Maybe. Otherwise wins against Fordham, Monmouth and Georgetown are not terribly impressive

I'm not sure why the surprise at HC not being on anyone's ballot. They're 3-3 with wins over Harvard (meh), Dartmouth (meh) and Colgate (...yeah). Not exactly ranking material there xtwocentsx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 17th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Not exactly seeing where the Colgate vote comes from there. We lost decisively to Towson (ranked), HC (bubble team) and Dartmouth (ugh). Ranked above Albany after winning? Maybe. Otherwise wins against Fordham, Monmouth and Georgetown are not terribly impressive

I'm not sure why the surprise at HC not being on anyone's ballot. They're 3-3 with wins over Harvard (meh), Dartmouth (meh) and Colgate (...yeah). Not exactly ranking material there xtwocentsx

That Harvard win is better than you think. I can maybe see your point about Colgate, but a lot of this is due to the non-existence of the Ivy League in voter's minds.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I am guessing UND moving up in a bye week is going to send the Fargo Media (Jeff Kolpack) and Craig Bohl into a blinding rage.xlolxxlolx

Ginsbach
October 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I am guessing UND moving up in a bye week is going to send the Fargo Media (Jeff Kolpack) and Craig Bohl into a blinding rage.xlolxxlolx

Look at this from an objective point of view. How do you justify UND moving up one place after a bye week and NDSU dropping 6 after a bye week?

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Look at this from an objective point of view. How do you justify UND moving up one place after a bye week and NDSU dropping 6 after a bye week?

I don't know, you have to ask the people who voted. They (NDSU coach Craig Bohl, and Jeff Kolpack (Fargo Forum) say it was mistaken identity, but Kolpack not only was mad at the voters for dropping NDSU (which I can see was a mistake) but having UND in the polls, and now UND has stayed in the polls for 3 weeks now, so maybe a little credit should be given to UND...not much but a little.

TheValleyRaider
October 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
That Harvard win is better than you think. I can maybe see your point about Colgate, but a lot of this is due to the non-existence of the Ivy League in voter's minds.

Maybe so, but 3-3 without an FBS loss to point to shouldn't be poll-worthy

Professor Chaos
October 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I don't know, you have to ask the people who voted. They (NDSU coach Craig Bohl, and Jeff Kolpack (Fargo Forum) say it was mistaken identity, but Kolpack not only was mad at the voters for dropping NDSU (which I can see was a mistake) but having UND in the polls, and now UND has stayed in the polls for 3 weeks now, so maybe a little credit should be given to UND...not much but a little.
Why does it matter if Craig Bohl or Jeff Kolpack gives UND credit? It's clear from the fact you constantly bring them up when discussing UND's spot in the poll that you're looking for validation from them or some kind of apology. I'll save you the time, you're not going to get it.

All the validation and credit you need is in the fact that UND is ranked in all the major polls, good for you guys. Bohl was frustrated about NDSU dropping 6 spots on bye but he never said a thing about UND. I think he's a great coach but he worries about the polls too much. If you ask me, it's a byproduct of coming from a BCS program like he did where the polls make big dollars for coaches and schools. That's not the case anymore.

Kolpack was speculating why NDSU fell #6 to #12 without playing a game. So he may have been wrong, big deal. It doesn't take a private investigator to come to the assumption that he did. I guess he wanted to believe that the SIDs who vote on these things weren't retarded. Now he knows. Hopefully he and Bohl have learned to put 0 stock in the FCS coaches poll... it's clear that the people voting in it do.

UND doesn't need any credit from Bohl, Kolpack, or NDSU fans. The voters in the legitimate polls (AGS, TSN, CS) have given them that already.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM

UND was totally due credit, after they beat SUU.

They are no longer due credit cause everyone else has beaten SUU too.

Bearkats94
October 17th, 2011, 07:05 PM

Better look now Texas State is in the poll for the last time for a long time.xlolx Now I wonder who called sportsnetwork to get them in it?xbabycryx

ngineer
October 17th, 2011, 07:15 PM
[QUOTE=Lehigh Football Nation;1700303]That Harvard win is better than you think. I can maybe see your point about Colgate, but a lot of this is due to the non-existence of the Ivy League in voter's minds.[QUOTE]

Good points. Unfortunately I would surmise over half the voters here totally discount the Ivy League because of their late start and non-participation in the playoffs...and their image. Unfortunately, the IL has created that problem.

jmufan999
October 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
That depends on a couple of things. The first one is does their pass rush look anything like yours?

We definitely have a good pass rush, but you saw us on our best day (with our star DT finally playing, of course he's now out again for the rest of the year). Maine's pass rush is not as good as what you saw in the JMU/UR game, but their secondary is really scary. As in, almost as good as Delaware's secondary last year. Almost. Tre will need a big game and hopefully you're healthier on your D-line than you were a few weeks ago. That's a good looking football team, though.

UIWWildthing
October 17th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Agreed :)

jacksfan29
October 17th, 2011, 09:32 PM

It seems you have stayed in 3 weeks due to beating a bad SUU team (or at least a seriously inconsistent SUU team) and NAIA school transitioning to D2 and you had a bye. Sorry, UND has won 2 games against D1/FCS schools. SUU and Drake (non-scholarship). UND should not be ranked and they seem to be only because of a lack of knowledge by voters. To make you feel better USD should also not be ranked. The fact that USD is still sitting in the Top 25 with only 2 FCS wins while ISUr sits in the "getting votes" spot with 4 FCS wins including a blow out of USD boggles the mind.

frozennorth
October 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM

Nice evade.

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 10:23 PM
It seems you have stayed in 3 weeks due to beating a bad SUU team (or at least a seriously inconsistent SUU team) and NAIA school transitioning to D2 and you had a bye. Sorry, UND has won 2 games against D1/FCS schools. SUU and Drake (non-scholarship). UND should not be ranked and they seem to be only because of a lack of knowledge by voters. To make you feel better USD should also not be ranked. The fact that USD is still sitting in the Top 25 with only 2 FCS wins while ISUr sits in the "getting votes" spot with 4 FCS wins including a blow out of USD boggles the mind.

Since you are a SDSU fan let me ask you this.....you have 2 teams both beating 2 non-DI teams, both beating FCS teams with 1 of those teams ranked.. Team A lets call them UND beat the ranked team on the road, Team B lets call them USD beat a ranked team at home. How come UND gets dumped on for being ranked and there has been not one word from anybody especially NDSU fans about the Yotes still in the polls. They have identical resumes and yet all the bashing is towards UND and not both Dakota teams.

No_Skill
October 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
Since you are a SDSU fan let me ask you this.....you have 2 teams both beating 2 non-DI teams, both beating FCS teams with 1 of those teams ranked.. Team A lets call them UND beat the ranked team on the road, Team B lets call them USD beat a ranked team at home. How come UND gets dumped on for being ranked and there has been not one word from anybody especially NDSU fans about the Yotes still in the polls. They have identical resumes and yet all the bashing is towards UND and not both Dakota teams.

I guarantee there have been Bison fans questioning USD in the polls, but it's late and I don't really care to look.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I guarantee there have been Bison fans questioning USD in the polls, but it's late and I don't really care to look.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?25115-Week-7-Polls-10-17-2011/page2

SDFS
October 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM

It does sound like ISUr has a nice team but if you look at your comment about .. 4 FCS wins it is very misleading. You need to take a look that those teams to get a better picture - to me it looks like one nice win two wins against bad teams and one really bad loss. NOTE: I am neutral on the SDSU game because they just had QB quit the team and RS Frs starting his first game:

Team (Massey Rating)

Nice Win
South Dakota (150) - nice win at home

Neutral
S Dakota St (162) (H) - SDSU starting a R-Fr QB in first career start.

Should Win
Morehead St (473)
Missouri St (237)

Bad Loss
E Illinois (275) - a 1-6 team

###########

Look at USD:

Should Lose
Wisconsin (7)
Air Force (73)

Nice Wins:
E Washington (141)
Southern Utah (154)

Should Wins
Lindenwood (329)
NW Oklahoma St (508)

You lose to a nice team on the road. Game was 7-3 at half-time - USD fumbles early in the 2nd half deep in its own territory - ISU scores and the game unravels. They lose to a nice team Ill St.

joeybrownerhof
October 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM

I'm a USD fan and after the game with ISUr, I don't really think we should be in the polls. But to say that UND and USD have identical resumes is wrong. USD's resume is better than UND. Eastern Washington win >>>>>>>>> Drake non scholly. Can also argue the stinker games Lindenwood >>>>>>>>>BH or Montana Western.

Either way, we havent beat enough FCS schools.

darell1976
October 18th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I'm a USD fan and after the game with ISUr, I don't really think we should be in the polls. But to say that UND and USD have identical resumes is wrong. USD's resume is better than UND. Eastern Washington win >>>>>>>>> Drake non scholly. Can also argue the stinker games Lindenwood >>>>>>>>>BH or Montana Western.

Either way, we havent beat enough FCS schools.

You beat a ranked team at home, we beat a ranked team on the road, you played 2 non-DI teams, we played 2 non-DI teams. Who cares if Lindenwood is better than Black Hills State. They are non-DI. The only thing non-identical is records...UND 4-2, USD 4-3 overall. Home records: UND 1-0 USD 2-0 Road records UND 1-0 USD 0-1 (FCS games only). IMO pretty damn close, and yes not enough FCS schools, but for our schedules we have both done rather well.

joeybrownerhof
October 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
You beat a ranked team at home, we beat a ranked team on the road, you played 2 non-DI teams, we played 2 non-DI teams. Who cares if Lindenwood is better than Black Hills State. They are non-DI. The only thing non-identical is records...UND 4-2, USD 4-3 overall. Home records: UND 1-0 USD 2-0 Road records UND 1-0 USD 0-1 (FCS games only). IMO pretty damn close, and yes not enough FCS schools, but for our schedules we have both done rather well.

Houston Cougars are 6-0 with all six wins against FBS schools. I suppose you think they should be ranked ahead of a one loss Oregon. Not all victories against FCS schools and non fcs schools are the same. Either way, it will be decided on the field. Good luck the rest of the way. If the game in GF is for the GWest Title I look forward to attending.

darell1976
October 18th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Houston Cougars are 6-0 with all six wins against FBS schools. I suppose you think they should be ranked ahead of a one loss Oregon. Not all victories against FCS schools and non fcs schools are the same. Either way, it will be decided on the field. Good luck the rest of the way. If the game in GF is for the GWest Title I look forward to attending.

It would be fitting to have the 2 Dakotas fight it out for the last ever GWFC title. Good luck against the Cali teams.