October 17th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

aceinthehole
October 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Albany @ CCSU - No good reason to pick CCSU, I'm just going down with the ship.
Bryant @ RMU - Take the Colonials at home.
Duquesne vs. Wagner - Dukes over a banged up and outmanned Seahawks team.
Monmouth @ Scared Heart - SHU in another upset.
SFPA @ YSU - 'Guins win, but Flash show some spunk.

M Ruler
October 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Albany:Are on a roll offensivly. They believe. Dillella n O line(getting better every week) are the difference!
RMU: Pissed and will get the W @ home
Dukes: Wagner has too many injuries
SHU: I am a believer. A win over Monmouth is not an upset. They think they are good so they are!
YSU: Commentary not needed.

401ks
October 17th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Albany @ CCSU - Danes on a roll toward the NEC Championship
Bryant @ RMU - Contrary pick - Colonials in a funk
Duquesne vs. Wagner - Seahawks lack the firepower to upset Dukes on The Bluff
Monmouth @ Scared Heart - Go Pioneers! Upset of the Week?
SFPA @ YSU - Not the Upset of the Week

hidalgo
October 17th, 2011, 10:06 PM
CCSU (wishful thinking)
RMU
Duquesne
Monmouth
YSU

crusader11
October 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

busybee14
October 18th, 2011, 06:35 PM
albany
RMU
Wags-Its gotta happen sooner or later ! I think Dosch is back this week that should help slightly.
Monmouth
YSU

dgreco
October 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Albany @ CCSU - they can't lose forever, right?
Bryant @ RMU - I think Bryant should of won in 2 of their 3 losses and probably should have... sticking with them this week.
Duquesne vs. Wagner - the Dukes are the better team
Monmouth @ Scared Heart - the SHU win streak ends when they welcome the hawks.
SFPA @ YSU - YSU is just a better team.

WWII
October 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Wagner @ Duquesne
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

Seahawks Fan
October 19th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

danefan
October 20th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Albany @ CCSU - I'm going with the Danes because they are the better team but this game always scares me. This is a close as we to a rivalry in the NEC and you know what can happen in Rivalry games - anything. Add onto it that it seems like the Refs are always out to screw us when we play in New Britain.

Albany leads the NEC is just about every offensive category except rushing (2nd to Duquesne). CCSU has been pretty decent against the pass to date, but has struggled against the run (letting up a whopping 185 yards rushing per game). We could see two Danes over 100 yards this week (Romain and Smith each got close last week against RMU - 93 and 90 respectively). Central is in the middle of pack in just about every other category and Albany is on the top of most.

But as I mentioned its a rivalry game. Weather is supposed to be nice so our explosive passing attack (haha.....still makes me chuckle to say that) should be the difference maker.

Danes by a TD but close the entire game.

Bryant @ RMU - Gut feeling on this one.

Duquesne vs. Wagner - Dukes the 2nd best team in the NEC. Wagner's lack of depth has roared its ugly head again.

Monmouth @ Scared Heart - SHU back to earth. Close game though.

SFPA @ YSU - kudos for scheduling but this could get ugly. 3 score win for YSU.

Justin Observation
October 20th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Albany @ CCSU - I'm going with the Danes because they are the better team but this game always scares me. This is a close as we to a rivalry in the NEC and you know what can happen in Rivalry games - anything. Add onto it that it seems like the Refs are always out to screw us when we play in New Britain.

Albany leads the NEC is just about every offensive category except rushing (2nd to Duquesne). CCSU has been pretty decent against the pass to date, but has struggled against the run (letting up a whopping 185 yards rushing per game). We could see two Danes over 100 yards this week (Romain and Smith each got close last week against RMU - 93 and 90 respectively). Central is in the middle of pack in just about every other category and Albany is on the top of most.

But as I mentioned its a rivalry game. Weather is supposed to be nice so our explosive passing attack (haha.....still makes me chuckle to say that) should be the difference maker.

Danes by a TD but close the entire game.

Bryant @ RMU - Gut feeling on this one.

Duquesne vs. Wagner - Dukes the 2nd best team in the NEC. Wagner's lack of depth has roared its ugly head again.

Monmouth @ Scared Heart - SHU back to earth. Close game though.

SFPA @ YSU - kudos for scheduling but this could get ugly. 3 score win for YSU.

Seriously.... Duq is the 2nd best team in the NEC? After laying 38 points on them two weeks ago and a 28-17 win over RMU. I really do not understand that statement. xeyebrowx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Seriously, what is wrong with CCSU this year? I thought pre-season they barely had the edge against Albany for the NEC title, and now they're sucking serious wind.

http://college-sports-source.appspot.com/Schedules.html?conf=nec

Points, too, for who thought the Monmouth/SHU matchup would be crucial to the NEC title race this year. Anyone?

danefan
October 20th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Seriously.... Duq is the 2nd best team in the NEC? After laying 38 points on them two weeks ago and a 28-17 win over RMU. I really do not understand that statement. xeyebrowx

Two things happened to the Duquesne in Albany.
1. They laid an egg in the first half; and
2. (More importantly) - Albany played an almost flawless half.

Duquesne is much better than they showed in the first half of that game. I expect them to win out.

aceinthehole
October 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Seriously, what is wrong with CCSU this year? I thought pre-season they barely had the edge against Albany for the NEC title, and now they're sucking serious wind.

A few things:

1) Our QB injured his non-throwing hand in the season opener. The wrap on his hand has had a very noticable effect on him taking snaps from shotgun, pitching on option, etc. Also, he was a leading returning rusher and we've tried to take some of that load off his shoulders. It hasn't worked. We need to be run first, then we can be explosive with the pass.

2) We lack a a top-tier running back. CCSU's recent sucess was built on a ground and pound running game - we lack that this year. IMO, the lack of a running game is our most glaring weakness this year. We can't be put in a must-pass situation all game.

3) Our defense is just not dominant enough. They are better than expected and they've had some outstanding moments, but they are weak against the run up the middle. We don't have the size or speed to be championship caliber.

That being said, we have a lot of talent on the team spread out on both sides of the ball. They do a lot of things well - but nothing great. Despite our embarassing record, I still think they are a good team. But I think a lot of poeple overestimated how good CCSU was going to be and very much UNDERSTIMATED how good and talented the rest of the league (UA, Duq, SHU, Bryant, Monmouth, etc) is.

blackbeard
October 20th, 2011, 05:40 PM
CCSU - upset alert - CCSU shakes up the conference this week and rights their ship
RMU - gets it done at home
Duquesne - Dukes to strong for Wags
Scared Heart - streak continues for the Pioneers
YSU - another 100 point total for both teams?

Original_RMC
October 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
Albany@ CCSU
Any other year this would be the typical game where the 1st place team would lose causing a massive tie for 1st in the conference. But this year is different since CCSU is not themselves as noted by aceinthehole.
I know this will be a close game. Hell I would not be suprise if this game went into OT.
But a late FG or a FG in OT wins the game for Albany

Albany 27-24

Bryant @ RMU
3-0, that is Bryant's record against RMU and believe me, this Colonials realize that. The Colonials D must look to contain the NEC leading rusher in Jordan Brown.
I think Brown will get his 100yds rushing but it will be in a losing effort.

RMU 24-20

Duquesnevs. Wagner
I think the Dukes have too much fire power on O for Wagner to contain. The game will be close in the 1st half with a score like 10-6 but the running of McCoy will open up the game and allow the Dukes to leave NY with a W to keep thier hopes alive of a NEC title.

Dukes 31-20

Monmouth@ Scared Heart
It was been a great story this year about how SHU has been able to turn their season around. The bad news for SHU is that Monmouth comes to town and Monmouth carries their away record of 3-0 with them. The Road Warriors will jump out early and hold on much like they did against Bryant.

Monmouth 34-31

SFPA @ YSU
Ugly

YSU 63-21

M Ruler
October 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM
Is Frazier out for Monmouth this week? he was on crutches last I read. That IMHO changes everything for Monmouth.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 21st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Just a reminder to check/bookmark the NEC live scoreboard this weekend:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/nec-football-live-scoreboard.html

All the games are streamed through the respective schools. If you find yourself in Youngstown, OH, the St. Francis game will be broadcast on MyYTV out there, too.

jayhawkdaddy
October 21st, 2011, 04:12 PM
Albany
Bryant
Wagner
Mnouth
YSU

RattlerFan70
October 21st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

hidalgo
October 21st, 2011, 06:40 PM
RMU- Duquesne is at home they beat Wagner last year in NY.

MUHAWKS
October 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

Give me Albany, Bryant (hoping) Duquesne, MONMOUTH and YSU

not sure about Frazier, it didnt look good but than I heard he was ok??? either way, we need to run the ball and Peterson can get it done, we have mismatches with our WR's and need to run run run and keep SHU offense off the filed since again Our best CB is out..I look for Gumbs to have his best game of the year...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
Albany @ CCSU
Bryant @ RMU
Duquesne vs. Wagner
Monmouth @ Scared Heart
SFPA @ YSU

What he said.