PDA

View Full Version : Southern Utah......WTH?

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Week 1 I wasn't sure what to think, but then I felt like SUU really made some good strides. It was looking like playoffs. Then it seems like they quit. What on earth happened?

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 10:25 AM
The teams they played were garbage? And it was an illusion? Sac st is wishy washy at best. The rest suck.

JMUNJ08
October 16th, 2011, 10:40 AM
They aren't on the east coast....fade like the rest....

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2011, 10:49 AM
The teams they played were garbage? And it was an illusion? Sac st is wishy washy at best. The rest suck.

I should keep this quote in case the Bison fall of these next few weeks. ;)

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Seems like travel might have played into it. Very crappy schedule, travel wise.

Strommer10
October 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM

I'm fine with that, the best team we've played so far looks like Ill St. As for SUU, they are inconsistent at best. We've seen some good games from them, and some not good games. It's hard to tell which team will show up. I still think it will be a dangerous game for UNI on Nov 12th.

bojeta
October 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM

Or...... the teams they've played are far better than anyone has given them credit for.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
They are inconsistent, travel is probably a factor but a good team would be able to overcome that.

I wouldn't say the teams they've played are garbage but they are pretty mediocre.

molly
October 16th, 2011, 11:45 AM
All their losses have been by 6 points or less, while all their wins have been very convincing. Last night, after taking a 3 point lead late in the 4th, they just let Cal Poly drive down the field for a TD on the next possession.

I haven't seen much of their games, so I'm just hypothesizing, but it seems like they have a problem playing from behind and finishing close games.

bojeta
October 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
All their losses have been by 6 points or less, while all their wins have been very convincing. Last night, after taking a 3 point lead late in the 4th, they just let Cal Poly drive down the field for a TD on the next possession.

I haven't seen much of their games, so I'm just hypothesizing, but it seems like they have a problem playing from behind and finishing close games.

"Just let Cal Poly drive....." How about Cal Poly did not let them stop their drive!! Those of us AT THE GAME know that So. Utah was giving it all they had. Cal Poly was just the better team in a very close contest.

molly
October 16th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Fair enough.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I think Cal Poly is a Top 40 team. Need a better passing game, but as long as they don't get down too much, they are a dangerous team.

cpalum
October 16th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I think Cal Poly is a Top 40 team. Need a better passing game, but as long as they don't get down too much, they are a dangerous team.

Top 40? Going out on a limb with that one.... xpeacex

I'm going to be a bit more brazen; I'll say they are top 25 by seasons end.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM

Hah. Difference is we are 6-0 SUU is....3-4

NDSU would probably be 7-0 against SUU's schedule. UNI probably would be as well..

I think the USD @ ISUr game says alot... USD was +2 in turnovers and managed 3 points with ISUr winning by 25..

SDFS
October 16th, 2011, 01:48 PM

NDSU would probably be 7-0 against SUU's schedule. UNI probably would be as well..

I think the USD @ ISUr game says alot... USD was +2 in turnovers and managed 3 points with ISUr winning by 25..

Here is a comparison of NDSU opp vs SUU opp - sorted by ranking according to Masseyratings.com

SUU South Dakota 107 4 2
SUU UNLV 127 1 4
SUU CS Sacramento 134 3 3
SUU North Dakota 143 4 2
NDSU Minnesota 147 1 5
SUU Cal Poly SLO 158 2 3
SUU S Dakota St 176 2 4
NDSU S Illinois 177 2 3
NDSU Illinois St 184 3 3
NDSU Missouri St 232 0 6
NDSU Lafayette 259 1 4
SUU UT San Antonio 277 2 4
NDSU St Francis PA 483 1 5

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Here is a comparison of NDSU opp vs SUU opp - sorted by ranking according to Masseyratings.com

SUU South Dakota 107 4 2
SUU UNLV 127 1 4
SUU North Dakota 143 4 2
NDSU Minnesota 147 1 5
SUU Cal Poly SLO 158 2 3
SUU S Dakota St 176 2 4
NDSU S Illinois 177 2 3
NDSU Illinois St 184 3 3
NDSU Missouri St 232 0 6
NDSU Lafayette 259 1 4

That 80 place difference didnt mean much when you got hammered by 25 even with 3-1 turnovers in your favor. :\

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 02:14 PM

SUU South Dakota 107 4 2
SUU UNLV 127 1 4
SUU North Dakota 143 4 2
NDSU Minnesota 147 1 5
SUU Cal Poly SLO 158 2 3
SUU S Dakota St 176 2 4
NDSU S Illinois 177 2 3
NDSU Illinois St 184 3 3
NDSU Missouri St 232 0 6
NDSU Lafayette 259 1 4

These ratings are not updated....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2011, 02:20 PM

USD is going to have a rude awakening when they start playing a full conference schedule. Wins are going to be hard to come by.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 02:21 PM
USD is going to have a rude awakening when they start playing a full conference schedule. Wins are going to be hard to come by.

You gotta treasure each and every one. Even when its against missouri state. :p

How long has TA been at MSU?

bisonguy
October 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM
You gotta treasure each and every one. Even when its against missouri state. :p

How long has TA been at MSU?

2006 was his first year.

He was the leading candidate for the NDSU job when he was still at Iowa State, but withdrew due to taking too long for a decision. I'm glad we got Bohl.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Or...... the teams they've played are far better than anyone has given them credit for.

Thank you bojeta!! I think SUU is just having bad luck by losing close games. Plus UND is a lot better than last year; USD IMO is VERY good at home, UNLV was a good win for SUU, as for garbage teams like 26 says...Typical Bison fan because NDSU has played nothing but the best teams in the FCS and the FBS. How is St. Francis, Lafayette, and the Gophers doing??

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Thank you bojeta!! I think SUU is just having bad luck by losing close games. Plus UND is a lot better than last year; USD IMO is VERY good at home, UNLV was a good win for SUU, as for garbage teams like 26 says...Typical Bison fan because NDSU has played nothing but the best teams in the FCS and the FBS. How is St. Francis, Lafayette, and the Gophers doing??

I think lafayette just beat yale. :p Hows montana western fairing?

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 03:29 PM
I think lafayette just beat yale. :p Hows montana western fairing?

St. Francis 1-6
Lafayette 2-4
Missouri State 0-6
Minnesota 1-5
Southern Illinois 2-4

Only ISUr is the only team they have played with a winning record.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 03:42 PM
St. Francis 1-6
Lafayette 2-4
Missouri State 0-6
Minnesota 1-5
Southern Illinois 2-4

Cause SUU's schedule was super hard.

SDSU L 2-5*
Sac St W 3-3
UTSA W 0-4 (0-5 if you count a loss to a sub dI)
UNLV W 1-5 (great win btw, discredit the gophers lol)
UND L 2-2*
USD L 2-3*
CP L 2-3*

*=SUU is one of those wins "two" wins and we are going into week 8 folks....

Every team SUU lost to has ONE WIN without the victory over SUU.

You be serious mang?

bojeta
October 16th, 2011, 03:43 PM
St. Francis 1-6
Lafayette 2-4
Missouri State 0-6
Minnesota 1-5
Southern Illinois 2-4

I still believe NDSU has a very good team, but each week, the performance of their competitors has caused me to put less and less stock in their record or faith in their chances of winning it all. Where I once had them at #1, they are now #5 and only solid wins over Northern Iowa and Indiana State in the coming weeks will support the sort of rhetoric you find in comments made by certain NDSU supporters. Time will tell. I'm hoping it's all in good fun and fortunately, I don't believe any players are ever effected by the sort of BS that floats about discussion groups. So, may the best teams win and the losers keep their cool. We'll all have our time in the sun.

NDB
October 16th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Plus UND is a lot better than last year

Obviously, they are ranked #20 despite having won a single game against a DI scholarship school - that has a losing record.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Obviously, they are ranked #20 despite having won a single game against a DI scholarship school - that has a losing record.

jealous

bojeta
October 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Let me get this straight....... The argument among the Dakota schools is now about who has played the weakest schedule? To paraphrase; Ya, our schedule sucks, but yours sucks more!! Is that right? Come on you guys! Start doing some real analysis. I see real talent at both schools, but I gotta tell you; if I didn't actually follow the play of both teams and actually get to see some of it, I'd be wondering.....

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Let me get this straight....... The argument among the Dakota schools is now about who has played the weakest schedule? To paraphrase; Ya, our schedule sucks, but yours sucks more!! Is that right? Come on you guys! Start doing some real analysis. I see real talent at both schools, but I gotta tell you; if I didn't actually follow the play of both teams and actually get to see some of it, I'd be wondering.....

NDSU wins 88 out of 100 against CP in fargo. Thats all you need to wonder about :p.

Seriously though, the teams SUU has played have horribly inflated records using sub DI's. Including UND USD CP UTSA.

Central oklahoma.. come on.. atleast play wagner or something. And yes CP is in my top 30.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Just remember NDSU is GOD of the FCS. We are all nothing.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Cal Poly is a solid FCS program...UND has done nothing but you haven't been here long.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM

I love how no one can quote SUU's opponents records but can paste NDSU's all over.

Someone jelly.

SDSU L 2-5*
Sac St W 3-3
UTSA W 0-4 (0-5 if you count a loss to a sub dI)
UNLV W 1-5 (great win btw, discredit the gophers lol)
UND L 2-2*
USD L 2-3*
CP L 2-3*

*=SUU is one of those wins "two" wins and we are going into week 8 folks....

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2011, 04:24 PM

LOL....typical of you.

You can "*****" about our schedule all you want but the simple fact is.....we have taken care of business so far. You want to belittle our Gopher win?......Fine, but we still won. I'm sure if we go into Colorado State next year and win, you will be right here saying they were a "crap" FBS team that most of the FCS would have beat.

UND is not in my top-25 poll because IMO, they do not deserve to be in it right now. If they keep winning then they will enter mine but right now with who they have played....no way.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
I am not the one who came on a thread about Southern Utah and made a statement like this....
The teams they played were garbage? And it was an illusion? Sac st is wishy washy at best. The rest suck. This is a slam not only to SUU but to all the teams SUU has played, UNLV, UND, USD, Cal Poly, South Dakota State, UTSA, and Sac State although you have them a so-so compliment. So again NDSU is God...all hail the undefeated Bison!!xbowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
I am not the one who came on a thread about Southern Utah and made a statement like this.... This is a slam not only to SUU but to all the teams SUU has played, UNLV, UND, USD, Cal Poly, South Dakota State, UTSA, and Sac State although you have them a so-so compliment. So again NDSU is God...all hail the undefeated Bison!!xbowx

Oh, poor darell. Instead of pissing and moaning why not give a counter arguement on why they should be considered in the top-25. IMO, SUU might be alittle overhyped but they are still a good team. I hope they go into UNI and beat them. UND played a good game against them and won.

The GW from top-to-bottom is not too strong this year. CP or SUU might squeak into the playoffs but the chances are getting slimmer.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Oh, poor darell. Instead of pissing and moaning why not give a counter arguement on why they should be considered in the top-25. IMO, SUU might be alittle overhyped but they are still a good team. I hope they go into UNI and beat them. UND played a good game against them and won.

The GW from top-to-bottom is not too strong this year. CP or SUU might squeak into the playoffs but the chances are getting slimmer.

Right now they shouldn't be in the top 25 but the teams they beat are NOT garbage. I do agree the GW is not strong this year, every game is a dog fight I don't think there will be a playoff team out of the GW, but because we are not 6-0, in the top 5 of the polls, and don't ***** when our rivals enter the polls it doesn't mean we are garbage. Its funny how some Bison fans get more and more cocky and arrogant as the wins mount.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Right now they shouldn't be in the top 25 but the teams they beat are NOT garbage. I do agree the GW is not strong this year, every game is a dog fight I don't think there will be a playoff team out of the GW, but because we are not 6-0, in the top 5 of the polls, and don't ***** when our rivals enter the polls it doesn't mean we are garbage. Its funny how some Bison fans get more and more cocky and arrogant as the wins mount.

Thats typically how it works.

SUU was in the top 10 a few weeks ago in alot of polls. Now as the weeks roll on they arent even in the top 25 anymore. That is the epitomy of an illusion.

Sac st is the only team they have played that has more than one win not counting the SUU game.

If a team is gonna finish under .500 against par competition they are garbage. 6-5, borderline. 7-4 is the begining of acceptable for me, atleast for now.

Obviously that isnt the case for you and you must think 2-3 is a great record at week 8. Some teams have more wins than you have played games against DI teams.

I think most minnesota fans would agree with you, minnesota is terrible this year.

I also think most UNLV fans would agree with me, unlv is terrible this year.

UND does seem better this year, that does not mean they are good.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Thats typically how it works.

SUU was in the top 10 a few weeks ago in alot of polls. Now as the weeks roll on they arent even in the top 25 anymore. That is the epitomy of an illusion.

Sac st is the only team they have played that has more than one win not counting the SUU game.

If a team is gonna finish under .500 against par competition they are garbage. 6-5, borderline. 7-4 is the begining of acceptable for me, atleast for now.

Obviously that isnt the case for you and you must think 2-3 is a great record at week 8. Some teams have more wins than you have played games against DI teams.

I think most minnesota fans would agree with you, minnesota is terrible this year.

I also think most UNLV fans would agree with me, unlv is terrible this year.

So let me get this straight..7-4 is acceptable but 6-5 borderline garbage, and anything less..garbage. So NDSU has been borderline garbage or total garbage 2 years out of 3 since becoming playoff eligible. Is that right??

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 05:05 PM
So let me get this straight..7-4 is acceptable but 6-5 borderline garbage, and anything less..garbage. So NDSU has been borderline garbage or total garbage 2 years out of 3 since becoming playoff eligible. Is that right??

That is correct. 5-6 or less is crap and not acceptable at NDSU. 6-5 is something to be angry about but you can take it now and then.

F350KINGRANCH
October 16th, 2011, 05:08 PM
yes darrels they were terrible in o8 and o9 happy now? go get youre wife and kid and show them how cool you are on an internet board. they well think you are a troll just like lakes.

No_Skill
October 16th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Yeah...I'm pretty sure you would find a total of 0 Bison fans who would say those years were anything but crap.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah...I'm pretty sure you would find a total of 0 Bison fans who would say those years were anything but crap.

I think Lakes came up with a billion excuses for all 8 losses in 09. But he never said the team was crap.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
They were crap darrel you lose. If another 3-8 year or a 4-7 year comes along, that will be a crap year too. And if they happen in succession without years of success sprinkled in plentifully people will be fired.

No_Skill
October 16th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I think Lakes came up with a billion excuses for all 8 losses in 09. But he never said the team was crap.

He really gets to you, doesn't he. xsmhx

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 05:21 PM
He really gets to you, doesn't he. xsmhx

yes, he makes my sides hurt from laughing so hard.xlolx

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 05:22 PM

Typically you have to pay people for that, what a deal!

No_Skill
October 16th, 2011, 05:23 PM

...but you're really crying inside.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 05:35 PM
This thread, if it was ever any good. Has now fallen under UND v NDSU jurisdiction. Move along.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 05:37 PM
This thread, if it was ever any good. Has now fallen under UND v NDSU jurisdiction. Move along.

What do you expect with your comment who started the ball rolling.

No_Skill
October 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM
What do you expect with your comment who started the ball rolling.

You mean the one where he commented on the strength of SUU's opponents? xrolleyesx

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 05:44 PM
You mean the one where he commented on the strength of SUU's opponents? xrolleyesx

xsmileyclapx

cpalum
October 16th, 2011, 08:29 PM
NDSU wins 88 out of 100 against CP in fargo. Thats all you need to wonder about :p.

Seriously though, the teams SUU has played have horribly inflated records using sub DI's. Including UND USD CP UTSA.

Central oklahoma.. come on.. atleast play wagner or something. And yes CP is in my top 30.

These types of arguments are circular; they never end. You want to discount DII wins ok... Some FCS teams are weak too. St Francis is hardly a world beater. Sure Minnisota is FBS but they are no San Diego State or NIU for that matter.

NDSU is a great team; maybe the best in FCS but you guys seem to have forgotten what is like to put a schedule together in the Great West. UND SUU and Poly take the games they can get and Unfortunatly that usually means they have to pick up a DII game. In Cal Poly's case it also means they have to play 2 FBS games and normally have one of the more travel heavy schedules in all of FCS.

Bottom line is I envy NDSU's ability to play a full in conference schedule but playing in the GWC is no advantage at all.....

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Im not the only one who discounts them. The playoff selection committee agrees with me.....

CP should have no problem with scheduling after joining the bsc unless their AD doesnt even try.

Answer me this, If we discount the SUU game, and the sub DI's how many wins does CP have? And how many games has CP played? And what week of football is it?

The reason we take the SUU game out is because this thread is about SUU's strength of schedule...and beating SUU hardly adds to their sos no matter how you slice it.

A: 1
A: 5 (6 counting SUU)
A: Week 7 has concluded

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:35 PM
These types of arguments are circular; they never end. You want to discount DII wins ok... Some FCS teams are weak too. St Francis is hardly a word beater. Sure Minnisota is FBS but they are no San Diego State or NIU for that matter.

NDSU is a great team; maybe the best in FCS but you guys seem to have forgotten what is like to put a schedule together in the Great West. UND SUU and Poly take the games they can get and Unfortunatly that usually means they have to pick up a DII game. In Cal Poly's case it also means they have to play 2 FBS games and normally have one of the more travel heavy schedules in all of FCS.

Bottom line is I envy NDSU's ability to play a full in conference schedule but playing in the GWC is no advantage at all.....

NDSU had some DII teams on their schedule when they were ranked...but of course they always forget that and bash those who still play the DII teams. You have 4 conference games and 7 OOC games..you schedule who you can including 2 FBS teams and 5 more who will play you. Look at the difficulty NDSU has in just 3 OOC teams. Try it with 7. Plus if a team backs out good luck getting a replacement.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Cal poly is a successful team at the FCS level and not in the same realm as und at this point and time. You can argue transition.

They argue california. 2006 was NDSU's last sub DI game. Its 2011 darrel.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Cal poly is a successful team at the FCS level and not in the same realm as und at this point and time. You can argue transition.

They argue california.

I am just arguing that you and your Bison cronies bash those who play NAIA/DII teams and yet you guys played them during your transition and bragged because you were ranked in the polls. I can go to gobison.com and see the ratings after these games.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 08:41 PM
NDSU had some DII teams on their schedule when they were ranked...but of course they always forget that and bash those who still play the DII teams. You have 4 conference games and 7 OOC games..you schedule who you can including 2 FBS teams and 5 more who will play you. Look at the difficulty NDSU has in just 3 OOC teams. Try it with 7. Plus if a team backs out good luck getting a replacement.

Yes, we had four of them on our schedule in four years. UND and USD each have three in just one season. We've been down your road, we played an all DI schedule in our final year. Hell the schedules SUU, Cal Poly and UCD put together are heads and shoulders better than the who UND/USD scheduled this year.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I am just arguing that you and your Bison cronies bash those who play NAIA/DII teams and yet you guys played them during your transition and bragged because you were ranked in the polls. I can go to gobison.com and see the ratings after these games.

Please do.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM

You don't even want me to post our 2005, 2006 or 2007 schedule. You definitely don't want me to post SDSUs. If I were you, I'd just STFU and count the days until UND is in the Big Sky.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Yes, we had four of them on our schedule in four years. UND and USD each have three in just one season. We've been down your road, we played an all DI schedule in our final year. Hell the schedules SUU, Cal Poly and UCD put together are heads and shoulders better than the who UND/USD scheduled this year.

Refer to cpalum's post about scheduling. I am sure Faison scheduled 3 non DI teams in this year as a money saver. The economy is not in great shape compared to pre 2006. UND does have 1 non-DI team next season but then in 2007 UNI had a non DI team on their schedule, Montana had a non DI team on their schedule (remember NDSU!!), so it happens, and never say Gene Taylor will NEVER schedule a non DI team because would he rather choose a non DI team or a 10 game schedule.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM
You don't even want me to post our 2005, 2006 or 2007 schedule. You definitely don't want me to post SDSUs. If I were you, I'd just STFU and count the days until UND is in the Big Sky.

He is incapable. A retort will follow in several minutes.

Edit: he beat me in a reply.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Refer to cpalum's post about scheduling. I am sure Faison scheduled 3 non DI teams in this year as a money saver. The economy is not in great shape compared to pre 2006. UND does have 1 non-DI team next season but then in 2007 UNI had a non DI team on their schedule, Montana had a non DI team on their schedule (remember NDSU!!), so it happens, and never say Gene Taylor will NEVER schedule a non DI team because would he rather choose a non DI team or a 10 game schedule.

Do you think GT prints money in the fargodome basement? I wouldn't say a word if UND had one non-DI on their schedule, heck I might have let two fly but three is a joke. Quit making excuses, it is garbage. If we had done this, UND fans would have never let us hear the end of it.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM

You mean the loss the DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse in 2006? 2005 SDSU played Missouri S&T and Wisconsin-Lacrosse, 2006 Wisconsin-Lacrosse (Loss) and William Penn, 2007 full DI.

No_Skill
October 16th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Did you just say the scheduling is what it is because of the economy?

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Please do.

2005 NDSU was preseason #22. They beat Arkansas-Monticello and still stayed at #22...why?

2006 NDSU was preseason #19 They beat Concordia-St. Paul and moved up to #17....why??

If UND shouldn't move up because of a win over Montana Western as the Bison fans are crying about...take a look NDSU fans!!!

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Did you just say the scheduling is what it is because of the economy?

Everything is about money is it not???

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 08:55 PM
You mean the loss the DIII Wisconsin-Lacrosse in 2006? 2005 SDSU played Missouri S&T and Wisconsin-Lacrosse, 2006 Wisconsin-Lacrosse (Loss) and William Penn, 2007 full DI.

Yes no more than 2 non-DI teams in a season(last time I checked that is less than the three UND is playing)...they also played Georgia Southern, Montana, Texas State, Northern Iowa, WIU McNeese State, YSU in 2006 and 2007.

slostang
October 16th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Im not the only one who discounts them. The playoff selection committee agrees with me.....

CP should have no problem with scheduling after joining the bsc unless their AD doesnt even try.

Answer me this, If we discount the SUU game, and the sub DI's how many wins does CP have? And how many games has CP played? And what week of football is it?

The reason we take the SUU game out is because this thread is about SUU's strength of schedule...and beating SUU hardly adds to their sos no matter how you slice it.

A: 1
A: 5 (6 counting SUU)
A: Week 7 has concluded

If NDSU played Cal Poly's schedule to date they would be 4-2 at best.

Once again a thread that has nothing to do with UND or NDSU turns into a UND/NDSU p!ssing match. Thanks for ruining another thread.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Yes no more than 2 non-DI teams in a season(last time I checked that is less than the three UND is playing)...they also played Georgia Southern, Montana, Texas State, Northern Iowa, WIU McNeese State, YSU in 2006 and 2007.

Good for them. I have no problems with SDSU. I have the problems with NDSU fans who forget that they were once in a little conference and had to scramble to find opponents. In fact didn't NDSU scramble after GSU backed out? And even the best schools of the FCS play non DI teams.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 09:00 PM
If NDSU played Cal Poly's schedule to date they would be 4-2 at best.

Once again a thread that has nothing to do with UND or NDSU turns into a UND/NDSU p!ssing match. Thanks for ruining another thread.

You can thank darrel for that, before he started, everything i said related to SUU's SOS. Which games do you have us losing? Montana and SDSU[I guess you get to pick which one]?

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 09:02 PM
You can thank darrel for that, before he started, everything i said related to SUU's SOS.

xlolxxlolxxlolx Sorry innocent 26.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 09:03 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx Sorry innocent 26.

More innocent than you :p

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Good for them. I have no problems with SDSU. I have the problems with NDSU fans who forget that they were once in a little conference and had to scramble to find opponents. In fact didn't NDSU scramble after GSU backed out? And even the best schools of the FCS play non DI teams.

I'm done, just done. You are on ignore for now on. We played four non-DI teams in four years, yet you want to sit here and compare it to the buffet of cupcakes UND has lined up and act like we should understand. Why I have no idea. We got crap for years for playing Montana Tech and Valpo but now we should put the kid gloves on when it comes to your schedule.

I'm sorry Slostang, very sorry for contributing to this derailment. CP is nothing but class, a team that has once again put together a solid schedule and has competed admirably vs tough competition. I am ecstatic you finally got into a conference and can enjoy all the benefits that it can bring, I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Ill never ignore you darell. You are too fun.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 09:11 PM

I just can't put AGS fans through this crap anymore.....this thread is much better with a certain somebody on ignore.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Thanks..you too!!xthumbsupx

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I just can't put AGS fans through this crap anymore.....this thread is much better with a certain somebody on ignore.

I dont blame you. I just cant do it...

slostang
October 16th, 2011, 09:14 PM
You can thank darrel for that, before he started, everything i said related to SUU's SOS. Which games do you have us losing? Montana and SDSU[I guess you get to pick which one]?

San Diego State and Northern Ill. If I was a betting man I would bet on NDSU beating Montana, but I would not be surprise if Montana pulled the upset in Missoula.

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 09:16 PM
San Diego State and Northern Ill. If I was a betting man I would bet on NDSU beating Montana, but I would not be surprise if Montana pulled the upset in Missoula.

I could agree with that.

mgbison
October 16th, 2011, 09:19 PM
SUU's resume isn't looking very good. They were overhyped going into the season. It is the reason that preseason polls are *********, and don't mean anything.

A good example was NDSU in 08. We were #1 for a week, and we finished 6-5.

Is UND a top 25 team? At this point in the season its hard to tell. They lost to a bad Idaho team, and a bad Fresno team (FBS, so it doesn't really matter) and beat a non scholly and d2 team.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
SUU's resume isn't looking very good. They were overhyped going into the season. It is the reason that preseason polls are *********, and don't mean anything.

A good example was NDSU in 08. We were #1 for a week, and we finished 6-5.

Is UND a top 25 team? At this point in the season its hard to tell. They lost to a bad Idaho team, and a bad Fresno team (FBS, so it doesn't really matter) and beat a non scholly and d2 team.

I agree with this statement. And after Saturday we will see if UND deserves to be in the top 25. They beat 1 ranked team but has only 2 FCS wins.

NDB
October 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I mean, yeah, it's week 8 and after this week we'll know if UND is deserving of being ranked in the top 25...

xconfusedx

darell1976
October 17th, 2011, 09:55 AM
I mean, yeah, it's week 8 and after this week we'll know if UND is deserving of being ranked in the top 25...

xconfusedx

After the butt whipping by ISUr does USD deserve to stay in the Top 25?? I say just barely.

Twentysix
October 17th, 2011, 10:07 AM
After the butt whipping by ISUr does USD deserve to stay in the Top 25?? I say just barely.

They had the biggest drop in my poll. 9 spots.

biggame
October 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think SUU is a pretty good team but they have had a pretty rough travel schedule having to go to SD twice and will be making the trip to IA toward the end of the season. USD is a lot better team at home so it doesn't surprise me that SUU lost that game but I thought they would fair better this season. I know they have had some injuries on the offensive line but I couldn't say how much it's hurt them. I would love for UND to have a QB like Sorenson though, he is very good.

F'N Hawks
October 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM

xconfusedx

We are at Week 8 and NDSU has played one team with a winning record. Realize your own situation before you ooze your Bison Pride.

344Johnson
October 17th, 2011, 03:25 PM
We are at Week 8 and NDSU has played one team with a winning record. Realize your own situation before you ooze your Bison Pride.

I think NDSU will find a lot more out about the team in the next 2-3 weeks.

But I also feel as though it should be pointed out....NDSU beat Ill. St., who trouced on USD. NDSU can feel a LOT more comfortable about life than the other Dakota schools.

On point...Southern Utah beat what must be a bad UNLV team(or played opportunistic or a variety of other words), and has lost close games to several average teams (UND, SDSU, USD).

bojeta
October 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Ya.... UNLV is pretty bad, but.... there was that game against Hawaii. I watched it on ESPN and they looked pretty good. They have talent. I don't know what's going on over there. SUU is still a good team though. Their win looked at least as good as most of the FBS teams that beat UNLV. Their other victories looked good and their losses were close. Tough call.

UNLV Schedule and Results:
09/01/11 at Wisconsin Madison, WI L, 51-17
09/10/11 at Washington State Pullman, WA L, 59-7
09/17/11 vs. Hawai'i Las Vegas W, 40-20
09/24/11 vs. Southern Utah Las Vegas L, 41-16
10/08/11 at Nevada, Reno Reno, NV L, 37-0
10/15/11 at Wyoming Laramie, WY L, 41-14
10/29/11 vs. Colorado State Las Vegas 3:00 p.m. PT
11/05/11 vs. Boise State Las Vegas 7:30 p.m. PT
11/12/11 at New Mexico Albuquerque, NM 7:00 p.m. PT
11/19/11 at Air Force Colorado Springs, CO 3:00 p.m. PT
11/26/11 vs. San Diego State Las Vegas 7:00 p.m. PT
12/03/11 at TCU Fort Worth, TX 11:30 a.m. PT
Next Event
vs.
Colorado State

coover
October 17th, 2011, 07:28 PM

Subpar? Let's see ... losses against San Diego State University, Northern Illinois, and Montana. I'm not sure that is so subpar! Most of the top 10s would be 0-3 or 1-2 against that group.

As far as playing Central Oklahoma, I'm sure the AD would have chosen virtually any available FCS school to play that date (or on their bye date) in San Luis Obispo. The problem is that Wagner (or any of the others) did not want to travel that far. Oh, you say, Cal Poly could have traveled! Yes, and they'd only have 4 home games in that case.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Twentysix come on man, Poly has to schedule seven non conference games....it is ok to schedule one non-DI for a home game. They aren't like UND and USD who just decided to pack it in and schedule a cupcake buffet.

jacksfan29
October 17th, 2011, 09:35 PM

I'm not a big fan of NDSU but all those wins were against D1/FCS or FBS schools. No NAIA or D2 schools in that mix. And oh by the way, one of those wins is over an ISUr team who manhandled USD.