2011 Record: 33-6 (10-2 SLC)
Total: 209-81 (79-45 SLC)

Southland Conference - Week 8 Game Listing
Central Arkansas at Lamar
Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls State
Sam Houston State at McNeese State
Texas State-San Marcos at Southeastern Louisiana

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions

Central Arkansas at Lamar - UCA is coming off a big win and Lamar enters with a loss. The Cards wil be at home, but the Bears are playing as we thought they would now with victories over McNeese, SFA at home plus Nicholls on the road. Their road woes concern me, but I believe Lamar is not a top tier team within the SLC, which will make those plausible to overcome. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls State - Each team enters seeking their first SLC win and first win over a Div I opponent. Nicholls is way over their head this year and for more reasons than typically are the case for the Thibodaux boys. They'll be at home and I think that always makes games closer than they seem, but SFA is going to come out with guns ablazin' after being pushed around by Sam last time out. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State at McNeese State - Holy smokes, I've picked two road teams thus far! Can I go for a third? McNeese took a loss on the road at UCA and now plays the Football Gameplan 'Game of the Week' on their home field. SHSU has taken care of business in workman-like fashion and finds ways to win. The 'D' has played out of its mind the last three weeks and will need to do it one more time. Special teams has me concerned on the SHSU end after Antonio's two misses. McNeese gives up over 150 yards per game on the ground and offensively, they were sacked five times by UCA while fumbling the ball seven times. That's a red flag or should I say orange flag? SAM HOUSTON STATE

Texas State-San Marcos at Southeastern Louisiana - Four road teams picked to win! I'm rooting hard for the Lions, because they got great people associated with the program and the coaching staff, but this one is too much to climb. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

blackfordpu
October 16th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1
Week 7: 3-1

31-7 overall

Southeastern Louisiana at Texas State-San Marcos

LIONFAN07
October 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 49-17 (19-9 SLC)
2011 Record: 33-6 (10-2 SLC)
Total: 209-81 (79-45 SLC)

Southland Conference - Week 8 Game Listing

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions

Central Arkansas at Lamar - UCA is coming off a big win and Lamar enters with a loss. The Cards wil be at home, but the Bears are playing as we thought they would now with victories over McNeese, SFA at home plus Nicholls on the road. Their road woes concern me, but I believe Lamar is not a top tier team within the SLC, which will make those plausible to overcome. CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls State - Each team enters seeking their first SLC win and first win over a Div I opponent. Nicholls is way over their head this year and for more reasons than typically are the case for the Thibodaux boys. They'll be at home and I think that always makes games closer than they seem, but SFA is going to come out with guns ablazin' after being pushed around by Sam last time out. STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Sam Houston State at McNeese State - Holy smokes, I've picked two road teams thus far! Can I go for a third? McNeese took a loss on the road at UCA and now plays the Football Gameplan 'Game of the Week' on their home field. SHSU has taken care of business in workman-like fashion and finds ways to win. The 'D' has played out of its mind the last three weeks and will need to do it one more time. Special teams has me concerned on the SHSU end after Antonio's two misses. McNeese gives up over 150 yards per game on the ground and offensively, they were sacked five times by UCA while fumbling the ball seven times. That's a red flag or should I say orange flag? SAM HOUSTON STATE

Southeastern Louisiana at Texas State-San Marcos - Sorry Lions, there's no way to give a fourth road team my pick this week - particularly when the team playing has fallen way short of expectations and is on the road at what amounts to a borderline FBS team. I'm rooting hard for the Lions, because they got great people associated with the program and the coaching staff, but this one is too much to climb. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

Bobcats and Lions are in Hammond this weekend. I doubt that changes anyone's picks.

crossfire07
October 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM

GeauxLions94
October 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Texas State at Southeastern Louisiana

blackfordpu
October 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Bobcats and Lions are in Hammond this weekend. I doubt that changes anyone's picks.

Nice catch but yea, it doesn't change anything.

Bearkat-Backer
October 16th, 2011, 05:32 PM

McNeese75
October 16th, 2011, 11:53 PM

Dallas Demon
October 17th, 2011, 12:11 AM
Texas State at Southeastern Louisiana[/QUOTE]

Cat79
October 17th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Dallas Demon,

Sorry, I will not be able to make our game to host you next week. You might want to email HPCat. His field box tickets are sweet. See is he can get you into the club level. Our game has the makings of a great one. We are running on all eight cylinders now and should pose problems for any team we face.:D

TheRevSFA
October 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM
I'll take UCA, SFA, and Sam..and in non-conference action Texas State

BEAR
October 17th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Central Arkansas at Lamar- UCA has never played Lamar but I think the defense will bail the Bears out again. BEARS by 14
Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls State It's the Colonels.
Sam Houston State at McNeese State Looking for the upset. Protect your QB or run for your lives! Sammie has a "D" similar to the BEAR 2007/08 team. Impressive.
Texas State-San Marcos at Southeastern Louisiana- this out of conference matchup is the easiest pick of the week. xlolx

Isn't Northwestern playing? xconfusedx

LIONFAN07
October 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM

blackfordpu
October 17th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Central Arkansas at Lamar- UCA has never played Lamar but I think the defense will bail the Bears out again. BEARS by 14
Stephen F. Austin at Nicholls State It's the Colonels.
Sam Houston State at McNeese State Looking for the upset. Protect your QB or run for your lives! Sammie has a "D" similar to the BEAR 2007/08 team. Impressive.
Texas State-San Marcos at Southeastern Louisiana- this out of conference matchup is the easiest pick of the week. xlolx

Isn't Northwestern playing? xconfusedx

Nope

msusig
October 17th, 2011, 09:08 PM

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
Only one home team emerges victorious this week... and it is a surprise!

SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA 38-28 Texas St-San Marcos - Final
STEPHEN F AUSTIN 57-21 Nicholls - Final
CENTRAL ARKANSAS 38-24 Lamar - Final
SAM HOUSTON STATE 38-14 McNeese - Final

BEAR
October 22nd, 2011, 10:10 PM
SFA ruined the conference 38 point streak...LOL

How about them Lions!

TheRevSFA
October 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Nice win by those Lions. Congrats guys

blackfordpu
October 23rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2
Week 6: 3-1
Week 7: 3-1
Week 8: 3-1

34-8 overall

Lost the SELA game like most probably did. 3-1 on the week.