PDA

View Full Version : Samford: Top 25 or just not tested?

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 16th, 2011, 07:42 AM
4-2 record, 2 respectable losses to arguably two of the best teams in all of the FCS. Why shouldn't the SoCon have at least 4 ranked teams?

SuperEagle
October 16th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I've said all year that I believe Samford is a good squad. They played my Eagles close and are giving lots of teams fits right now. I hope they keep it up. Good for them.

gasoutherneagle
October 16th, 2011, 07:46 AM
I've got them going in this week. Two early losses to top-10 opponents and shined the rest of the way so far. They've earned it. Way to go, Bulldogs!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2011, 09:47 AM
I put them in this week. Pretty decent resume. Especially compared to the other teams #20-40

FargoBison
October 16th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Yeah I haven't finished my poll yet but I'll say things are looking promising that they will enter my poll this week.

SU DOG
October 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys. GREAT THREAD!!! I'm loving it.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
I got Samford in at No. 25.

As others have said, much better than many of the other options in the 20-40 range.

crusader11
October 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I had Samford in my top 25 last week, and they'll obviously be in there again this week. I have watched them twice and really like that team.

Reign of Terrier
October 16th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Yes, should be a top 25 team, moreso than Chattanooga

Fear the Bird
October 16th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I dont see how not i have them at 22

Thundar
October 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
They should be in there WAY before UND they have 1 full Scholly DI win against a team with a losing record and the other against a non-scholly team rest NAIA

gsu_paintballer
October 16th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Looking better now than I thought they would at the beginning of the season.

chattanoogamocs
October 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM
they've played two really good teams (both were losses by 2 TDs or more, I wouldn't consider either bad or impressive)
they've played and beat two stinkers (Stillman and a gawd awful G-Webb)
they've played and beat two decent to pretty good teams (Furman and Elon)

I don't think that makes them top 25, but they deserve to be in the conversation.

crusader11
October 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM
they've played two really good teams (both were losses by 2 TDs or more, I wouldn't consider either bad or impressive)

I don't think that makes them top 25, but they deserve to be in the conversation.

I find it very challenging to find 5 teams to fill in the 21-25 spots in the poll....Samford is definitely deserving.

Fear the Bird
October 16th, 2011, 03:24 PM

Well you def dont have chatt in there then so its hard to find teams in the 18-25 range?

chattanoogamocs
October 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Well you def dont have chatt in there then so its hard to find teams in the 18-25 range?

No argument about Chattanooga not being in the top 25, they're under .500 (no matter who close or how tough the schedule, they shouldn't even be mentioned again until the get at least 2 games over .500)...but that doesn't change my opinion about Samford. Just not that great of a schedule so far...they win this weekend and they would definitely be deserving.

But, if there are a bunch of people that are struggling to fill out the bottom of their brackets, I guess they are just as good as any other (personally, I would have them around 28-30 this week...and in the top 25 next week if they beat ASU)

inpsite1919
October 16th, 2011, 06:33 PM
I find it very challenging to find 5 teams to fill in the 21-25 spots in the poll....Samford is definitely deserving.

SCSU Is your answer 4-3 with a backup Qb. At the same time we have a young team so we will make noise in the future

Go Apps
October 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I have them in my top 25 but may be catching ASU at the wrong moment it appears they found their offense

gomocs82
October 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, should be a top 25 team, moreso than Chattanooga

Fortunately this gets decided on the field.

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 07:41 PM
They should be in there WAY before UND they have 1 full Scholly DI win against a team with a losing record and the other against a non-scholly team rest NAIA

When UND entered the poll they were #22 with 274 votes...Samford was #38 with 19 votes... How do you figure at that point Samford should have gotten in before UND? UND beat a ranked SUU team on the road and that week was still unranked while Samford beat Stillman and Gardner Webb. UND got in after their Montana Western game, while Samford started getting votes after their win over Furman. It takes time to move up in the polls when you start towards the bottom (I know UND did).

Thundar
October 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
When UND entered the poll they were #22 with 274 votes...Samford was #38 with 19 votes... How do you figure at that point Samford should have gotten in before UND? UND beat a ranked SUU team on the road and that week was still unranked while Samford beat Stillman and Gardner Webb. UND got in after their Montana Western game, while Samford started getting votes after their win over Furman. It takes time to move up in the polls when you start towards the bottom (I know UND did).

What exactly has UND proved to deserve a ranking?? except the fact that from about #15 to 25 its such a jumbled mess, Samfords SOS is by far higher than UND's

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 08:30 PM
What exactly has UND proved to deserve a ranking?? except the fact that from about #15 to 25 its such a jumbled mess, Samfords SOS is by far higher than UND's

Why don't you post a thread with that exact question, because I am NOT the only person who voted UND into the polls.