April 29th, 2006, 09:58 AM
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:
http://www.subr.edu/stadiumproject/index.htm

89rabbit
April 29th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Very nice! :nod:

slostang
April 29th, 2006, 11:04 AM
I am jealous. Very nice. What will the new seating capacity be?

Freightliner
April 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM
how is the new fieldhouse project coming along?

SU Jag
April 29th, 2006, 06:51 PM
I am jealous. Very nice. What will the new seating capacity be?

I'm not sure? Where is GAD when you need him?:confused:

GAD
April 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure? Where is GAD when you need him?:confused:
Don't know but I think 27,500

SU Jag
April 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
How many seats are they adding? I thought that the renovation that everyone was talking about at Homecomming was going to gives us over 32,000 seats, what happened to that?:confused:

GAD
April 29th, 2006, 07:13 PM
You're probably right I don't remember. The renovation was to put in weight rooms and locker rooms.

SU Jag
April 29th, 2006, 07:18 PM
You're probably right I don't remember. The renovation was to put in weight rooms and locker rooms.

I cant wait until everything is done! Hopefully it will be done before my brother's first year at SU.

TheBisonator
April 29th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Looks like a high school student drew this:

http://www.subr.edu/stadiumproject/images/A%20Site%20Rendering.jpg

If this is the kind of talent employers are looking for in an architectural renderer, then I should just quit school right now and join a firm.

I'm in my 5th year of college now, and I've been drawing stadium renderings since the 7th grade, and I can honestly say that I drew renderings back in the 10th grade that looked better than that.

Whoever drew that should've been fired, not have his/her work put up on the presentation boards.

SU Jag
April 29th, 2006, 11:52 PM

If this is the kind of talent employers are looking for in an architectural renderer, then I should just quit school right now and join a firm.

I'm in my 5th year of college now, and I've been drawing stadium renderings since the 7th grade, and I can honestly say that I drew renderings back in the 10th grade that looked better than that.

Whoever drew that should've been fired, not have his/her work put up on the presentation boards.

xcoffeex xcoffeex Here we go!xcoffeex xcoffeex

bluedog
April 30th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Why is this rendering being shown? :confused: :confused:

R.A.
April 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Any pics of the progress? I'd love too see it as it is right now.

Retro
April 30th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Someone showed this same plan about a year ago.. Have they actually started anything yet?

89Hen
April 30th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Someone showed this same plan about a year ago..
I was thinking that. The plans look great, but I wish they could have found a way to get everything closer to the field. I know that track is a big deal at SU, but those endzone seats are 30 yards from the back of the enzone and 140 yards from the other goal line. :eek:

jstate83
May 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM

Man.........................Why do you and other alway's find something negative to say everytime a SWAC poster post's something.

Fun is fun, but some of ya'll are just .................... xidiotx xidiotx

HIU 93
May 1st, 2006, 01:00 PM
Man.........................Why do you and other alway's find something negative to say everytime a SWAC poster post's something.

Because to him and his ilk, Black folk are just supposed to be happy, dancing, ball running, high jumping coons. I'm sure it gets under his skin everytime a Black persons acheives success in a field other than sports. It probably also gets under his skin that both Hampton and FAMU (Black schools, if HE didn't know) are ranked HIGHER than NDSU in architecture.

MSUBear42
May 1st, 2006, 01:43 PM
Because to him and his ilk, Black folk are just supposed to be happy, dancing, ball running, high jumping coons. I'm sure it gets under his skin everytime a Black persons acheives success in a field other than sports. It probably also gets under his skin that both Hampton and FAMU (Black schools, if HE didn't know) are ranked HIGHER than NDSU in architecture.
:hurray:

3rd Coast Tiger
May 1st, 2006, 02:31 PM

Interesting.

When I saw (his/her) comments, I had thoughts of an ulterior motive.

The Gadfly
May 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM

:nono: WTF :nono:

I (an "always getting the job" honky who's unemployed) was about to defend the Jags until I read this crap. Is the NDSU fan who wrote that post a racist for those comments? I thought that the poster comments were uncalled for, but I can't see how you make it a racial thing?

As for the renovations, way to go Jags. It looks great and God's speed getting it done.

HIU 93
May 3rd, 2006, 09:07 AM
:nono: WTF :nono:

I (an "always getting the job" honky who's unemployed) was about to defend the Jags until I read this crap. Is the NDSU fan who wrote that post a racist for those comments? I thought that the poster comments were uncalled for, but I can't see how you make it a racial thing?

As for the renovations, way to go Jags. It looks great and God's speed getting it done.

"Is the NDSU fan a racist..."- No he is not a racist, he is prejudiced. There is a difference.

BTW- The Jaguars don't need you to "defend" them.

McNeese75
May 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
"Is the NDSU fan a racist..."- No he is not a racist, he is prejudiced. There is a difference.

BTW- The Jaguars don't need you to "defend" them.

Maybe not but I doubt seriously they need your input either!!xidiotx

89Hen
May 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
I know the difference, but please explain how he is either for criticizing drawings. For all we know the artist of the drawings was white, or yellow or purple so how could he be prejudiced? : smh : I guess I'm prejudiced too because I had a slightly negative comment that it's a shame the endzone seats are so far away. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

SU Jag
May 3rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
How in the hell did we get here?:confused:

89Hen
May 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
Yeah, no kidding. :( :(

saint0917
May 3rd, 2006, 11:37 AM

That's how. I don't recall TheBisonator saying anything about "Black Folk", just that the architectural drawing was bad. HIU 93, you must be related to Shellshock, always playing the race card. :rolleyes:

HIU 93
May 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
I know the difference, but please explain how he is either for criticizing drawings. For all we know the artist of the drawings was white, or yellow or purple so how could he be prejudiced? : smh : I guess I'm prejudiced too because I had a slightly negative comment that it's a shame the endzone seats are so far away. Shame on me. :rolleyes:

Actually, your comment was cool. His was another of the "HBCUs do nothing positive" ilk that appear on this board from time to time.

McNeese75
May 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM

:D Who knows??? xlolx

R.A.
May 3rd, 2006, 05:52 PM
Any pics of the progress? I'd love too see it as it is right now.
?

TheBisonator
May 6th, 2006, 12:13 AM
OK, I have to reply to this, because I was completely taken back at these allegations of racism on my part from reponses to my post.

I want to make some things clear:

1) There was NO intention on my part to imply ANYTHING racial in my post. As an architectural student who goes to a very prestigious school in its field (NDSU), I have been exposed to very high standards when it comes to rendering, design, etc. My post had EVERYTHING to do with the renderer's abilities, not any implication on race whatsoever.

2) I am 1/2 Middle Eastern, and I am a practicing Muslim. So please put away any preconcieved notions that I am some white, Christian farmer North Dakota hick redneck. I have experienced prejudice on a substantial basis since 9/11, so we can just crumple that theory up and throw it away.

3) More than half of my friends are African American. I used to be on the NDSU football team, and I'm still in regular contact with many players on the team, of which almost half are African American. Most of my friends in high school were black. I went to an inner-city high school. Not many white people have been involved in African American culture and social life more than I have.

4) There's probably nobody who has more respect for the SWAC than me when it comes to football. Let's just bring that out into the open. The SWAC supports its teams in a way that not many other conferences can claim, and I hope that someday NDSU can provide an atmosphere and culture towards its football like Southern, Jackson State or Grambling does.

5) I think the rendering is a piece of ****. Most of my classmate's projects in first-year architecture for the intro design courses had much better drawings on their presentation boards. I think that whoever did that rendering should be at least reprimanded for doing ****ty work, or even fired. Not have his/her drawing as part of a final design presentation. I am passionate when it comes to architecture. I am certainly not a racist.

Now that I have stated my case, please continue this thread.

JMU2004
May 6th, 2006, 01:44 AM
lesson learned

all I-AA people out there.....if you say ANYTHING negative about an HBCU, in any way, prepare for race to be an issue

I am so sick and tired of this BS..........get off it

Jag4Life
May 28th, 2006, 10:23 AM
Well I got a word that the project will be starting June 1st. Our AD said that they could have started last year but Katrina messed all of it up. :( :(
They are going to start they day of Hurricane season I heard. :nod: :nod: Capacity may be 28,500, or either 30,500.

Retro
May 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well I got a word that the project will be starting June 1st. Our AD said that they could have started last year but Katrina messed all of it up.
They are going to start they day of Hurricane season I heard. Capacity may be 28,500, or either 30,500.

Ok, that doesn't make sense.. They could've started last year, but Katrina messed it up? Katrina didn't hit till aug 24th, so why would you start football renovations right when the season is starting.. Also, if they have a plan, shouldn't they know the additional capacity before hand?

Jag4Life
May 29th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Ok, that doesn't make sense.. They could've started last year, but Katrina messed it up? Katrina didn't hit till aug 24th, so why would you start football renovations right when the season is starting.. Also, if they have a plan, shouldn't they know the additional capacity before hand?
Um.....Before you try to catch an attitude let me tell you something. When everything was situated they were going to start about 3 or 4 days before Katrina came. When she came everything was messed up and all that and ever since they had a hard time. And it depends on how many seats they add in the stadium. The capacity is 28,500. I heard 2,500 more seats and 3,000. I just hope they start June 1st!

Retro
May 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Um.....Before you try to catch an attitude let me tell you something. When everything was situated they were going to start about 3 or 4 days before Katrina came. When she came everything was messed up and all that and ever since they had a hard time

No attitude here! Simple observation. Don't you think it's odd to start construction when the season is starting? Most people start renovation projects right after the season ends to avoid conflict and dangers to fans.

jmuroller
May 29th, 2006, 07:32 PM
No attitude here! Simple observation. Don't you think it's odd to start construction when the season is starting? Most people start renovation projects right after the season ends to avoid conflict and dangers to fans.

Common sense might prevail in this situation.

Jag4Life
May 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Well last year they were planned to start after the last home game which was against Alcorn. If they don't start in June then they may begin right after the last home game which will be in November. I will find more out about this.

jmuroller
May 30th, 2006, 09:37 PM
If you ask me..the drawing is sort of amateurish. Look at the track...at least they could draw ovals that are parallel to the others. I'd hate to be running on that track!

Get Ready
May 30th, 2006, 11:19 PM
:bang: :bang:
Renovations....:snicker:

Jag4Life
May 31st, 2006, 09:01 AM
:bang: :bang:
Renovations....:snicker:
:(

GeauxColonels
May 31st, 2006, 01:49 PM
I think it looks good and will definitely be an asset to the school and program over the long haul. I'm sure the Jags will have no problem selling seats there despite being so far from the field.

Green Cookie Monster
May 31st, 2006, 01:57 PM
white, Christian farmer North Dakota hick redneck.

Talk about a directly racist generalized statement. What is wrong with a white, Christian farmer? BTW...that group of people built this country.