ISUb @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
SIU @ UNI
SFU @ YSU
MSU @ WIU

Bonus: UCD @ USD

Twentysix
October 16th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I really think MSU is due they are 0-7 but they have played a pretty tough schedule. I guess we shall see in a week.

Bisonforlife
October 16th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I agree with these picks.

ISUb @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
SIU @ UNI
SFU @ YSU
MSU @ WIU

Chi Panther
October 16th, 2011, 02:26 PM
The Trees (2 studs) at Redbirds (athletes)

Should be a fun game!!!

darell1976
October 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
ISUb
SDSU
UNI
YSU
WIU
USD

Professor Chaos
October 18th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Indiana St @ Illinois St - ISU Red has a very good run defense to contain Bell so this game will be close. I think Fouch wins it with his arm.
North Dakota St @ South Dakota St - The Bison have lost the last 4 matchups in Brookings. However, I think the offense got on track last week and will continue its good play this week against a weak SDSU defense. Marcus Williams is due for another INT or two as well.
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa - UNI gets off the shneid against the Salukis setting up a titanic matchup in Fargo next weekend.
Saint Francis (PA) @ Youngstown St - The Penguins rack up 300+ yards rushing in this blowout.
Missouri St @ Western Illinois - Western, off a bye, is too much for the woeful Bears.

UC Davis @ South Dakota - South Dakota's offense gets back on track at home.

Ginsbach
October 18th, 2011, 11:14 AM
ISUb @ ISUr - Should be an exciting, hard-fought game.
NDSU @ SDSU - Defense should be the key - MWill brings in another pick 6 for the go-ahead score.
SIU @ UNI - UNI struggles early but takes control in the 2nd half and pulls away for a 2 TD win.
SFU @ YSU - Not even close. YSU by at least 20.
MSU @ WIU - MSU's best chance at a win for the rest of the year, but I think WIU takes it in a close one.
UCD @ USD - Coyotes are tough in Vermillion.

jlandrus23
October 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Indiana State
NDSU
UNI
YSU
MSU

USD

alvinkayak6
October 18th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Indiana St @ Illinois St - 24-28
North Dakota St @ South Dakota St - Bison 21-6
Southern Illinois @ Northern Iowa - 21-24
Saint Francis (PA) @ Youngstown St - Penguins 42-14
Missouri St @ Western Illinois - Leathernecks 31-14

UC Davis @ South Dakota - Coyotes 28-13

Mountain Panther
October 18th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Anyone who thinks the NDSU/SDSU game won't be extremely close is fooling themselves. Bison by a field goal.

birdsflyhigh
October 18th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Not shabby on my picks last week going 4-1 (now 31-10 overall)....onto week MVFC week #8:

Winners:
Birds
Bison
Panthers
Guins
Necks

I'd say that there should be some REAL competitive games this week in the MVFC....cool!!

unigriff
October 18th, 2011, 03:00 PM
ISUb @ ISUr - ISUb
NDSU @ SDSU - I'd love to see NDSU lose this one, and can see it possibly happening but the stars have to be perfectly aligned for SDSU and who doesn't want to see the matchup of the year in FCS next week in Fargo?
SIU @ UNI - SIU in shambles...UNI going away in the 2nd. Rennie and Anderson have huge days.
SFU @ YSU - YSU
MSU @ WIU - toss up...can't say, and i really don't care.
UCD @ USD - Coyotes

Bisonforlife
October 18th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sorry I posted already earlier!

DJKyR0
October 18th, 2011, 06:44 PM
ISUb
SDSU
UNI
YSU
WIU
USD

At the rate darrell is going NDSU is a lock to win the national championship this year.

footballer23
October 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
ISUb @ ISUr ... The Sycamores continue to surprise
NDSU @ SDSU ... The Herd in a scary one
SIU @ UNI ... The Panthers win again to set up a huge game at the Dome next week
SFU @ YSU ... The Penguins in a laugher
MSU @ WIU ... I just feel bad for the Bears

Bonus: UCD @ USD ... Probably a pretty good game.

Sycamore51
October 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
ISUb @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
SIU @ UNI
SFU @ YSU
MSU @ WIU

THE HERD
October 19th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Anyone who thinks the NDSU/SDSU game won't be extremely close is fooling themselves. Bison by a field goal.

I agree. This game is usually a close one, especially in the last ten years. Its become one of those throw out the records games.

THE HERD
October 19th, 2011, 09:32 AM
The Trees (2 studs) at Redbirds (athletes)

Should be a fun game!!!

I really think the Redbirds are gonna pull this one out, although it will be close whoever wins. I was impressed with their run D when they played in Fargo and we all know they can usually put up some points, so it will come down to how their secondary handles Fouch. They also have a damn good RB in number 5 I believe....cannot remember name, but he is a transfer from Mich. St. I think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2011, 10:27 AM
SIU might give UNI some trouble this weekend.

IMO, UNI will win but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Bison/Jacks game looks like it could break their attendance record. Bison fans travel well.

leatherneck177
October 20th, 2011, 02:25 PM
ISUb @ ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU
SIU @ UNI
SFU @ YSU
MSU @ WIU

leatherneck177
October 20th, 2011, 02:28 PM
ISUb @ ISUr - ISUb
NDSU @ SDSU - I'd love to see NDSU lose this one, and can see it possibly happening but the stars have to be perfectly aligned for SDSU and who doesn't want to see the matchup of the year in FCS next week in Fargo?
SIU @ UNI - SIU in shambles...UNI going away in the 2nd. Rennie and Anderson have huge days.
SFU @ YSU - YSU
MSU @ WIU - toss up...can't say, and i really don't care.
UCD @ USD - Coyotes

Nice, maybe you can care about winning a playoff game this year!

unigriff
October 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Nice, maybe you can care about winning a playoff game this year!

true. That would be nice. Then again, I don't agree we shoulda necessarily played in the first week last year as conference champs. Oh well tho. It is what it is. That was last year. 2011 UNI is doing quite well this year. Hopefully we can beat SIU this week. One game at a time.

leatherneck177
October 20th, 2011, 04:00 PM
true. That would be nice. Then again, I don't agree we shoulda necessarily played in the first week last year as conference champs. Oh well tho. It is what it is. That was last year. 2011 UNI is doing quite well this year. Hopefully we can beat SIU this week. One game at a time.

I didn't agree with you guys playing in the first round either last year. Ridiculous. You'll take care of SIU. Just wait for the Saluki fans to let you know that is a "down year" for the MVFC and the Salukis after you beat them.

Pant8her
October 20th, 2011, 10:29 PM
The records of the teams this week means nothing as far as games are concerned. Each game should be highly competative regardless of historic statistics. Good rivalries should be an interseting game day in the MVFC.

- ISUb (5-2)@ ISUr (4-3)-- Battle of the ISU's... Red has been playing decent games and coming up a little short a couple of times. Blue has Bell and Bell has been running through defenses like a hot knife through warm butter. Originally I chose Red to win. Two decent teams that are in the thick of the MVFC and possible MVFC champion breakers. Both teams have played the top teams in the MVFC and held their own, proving that they can contend. Tough game but Blue prevails on the road.

- MSU (0-7)@ WIU (2-4)-- This could be the glimmer of hope that MSU is hoping for.
This game will be competitive, and will likely be a heartbreaker for the loser. Always a tough game between these two teams. Tough to call this game, which is mostly a toss-up. I feel that MSU will try to prove themselves and win on the road against most/all odds.

- NDSU (6-0)@ SDSU (2-5)-- Two tough home games back to back (UNI and NDSU). If the Bunnies lose at home this might just kill them. Good tough game as it usually is and likely a toss-up, but I believe NDSU might be a little better this season. This has usually been a grudge match so anything goes. This game could be a toss-up game. Plus, the Bison are getting tired of the Bunnies beating them even though overall it is the home team that wins. Bison win a tough game on the road setting up for the preverbal conference championship game the following week,

- SIU (2-4)@ UNI (5-1)-- SIU has been extremely lucky the last few encounters (capitalizing on UNI mistakes), but the UNI will remember those games and fix the errors they have made, and want revenge in the dome. This game could be a toss-up game as it has usually been a grudge match so anything goes. At the beginning of the season I thought this could easily be one of the games deciding the MVFC champion, but the way SIU has played so far the Salukis will be watching the post season.

- St.Francis (1-6)@ YSU (3-3)-- This should be a fairly good game for YSU to win especially at home.

BONUS:

- UC-Davis (2-4) @ USD (4-3)-- USD has been tough all season and UCD will likely pose a good challenge for them. USD wins at home.

Peace,
Don't HATE, just APPRECIATE...

344Johnson
October 20th, 2011, 10:41 PM
I just hope NDSU and UNI both win. I'd like the Halloween Weekend Showdown to be top 5 teams. Not #2 or #3 vs. #9 or #10. That would take some of the atmosphere away.

jayhawkdaddy
October 21st, 2011, 04:20 PM
Indy State
NDSU
UNI
YSU
MSU
South Dakota

Twentysix
October 21st, 2011, 06:02 PM
I just hope NDSU and UNI both win. I'd like the Halloween Weekend Showdown to be top 5 teams. Not #2 or #3 vs. #9 or #10. That would take some of the atmosphere away.

Agreed, I hope appy knocks off GSU too. Could be #1 v #2 if that happens.

X-Factor
October 21st, 2011, 07:21 PM
ISUb @ ISUr - ISUr
NDSU @ SDSU - SDSU in shambles...NDSU going away in the 2nd. Jensen and McNorton have huge days.
SIU @ UNI - I'd love to see UNI lose this one, and can see it possibly happening but the stars have to be perfectly aligned for SIU and who doesn't want to see the matchup of the year in FCS next week in Fargo?
SFU @ YSU - YSU
MSU @ WIU - WIU.
UCD @ USD - Coyotes

xsmiley_wix

Indianastate45
October 21st, 2011, 09:49 PM
Trees - Birds can't stop Bell and Fouch. Go ahead and put 8 in the box :-)
Panthers
Bison
Guins
Necks

If the Bison, Panthers, and Trees win....AND the Bison win next week against the Panthers it could set up ANOTHER showdown the week after in Terre Haute. Could be a three way tie if the chips fall right.

Jacked_Rabbit
October 21st, 2011, 10:30 PM
IND ST 31 ILL ST 27

NDSU 17 SDSU 20

SIU 13 UNI 31

SFU 6 YSU 44

MSU 24 WIU 28

I refuse to aknowledge USD as a MVFC member until next year. That said, UCD wins by 1.

UNIFanSince1983
October 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Indiana State -- Bell is just too good, and they have an underrated defense
NDSU -- Hard fought game, but the Bizon are too good
YSU -- Youngstown pounds a bad St. Francis team
WIU -- I have seen both teams play and WIU is better than MSU

Houndawg
October 22nd, 2011, 10:55 AM
I didn't agree with you guys playing in the first round either last year. Ridiculous. You'll take care of SIU. Just wait for the Saluki fans to let you know that is a "down year" for the MVFC and the Salukis after you beat them.

Somebody needs a hug.........

Everybody agrees that the MVC is way up from last year, 'neck.

Twentysix
October 23rd, 2011, 12:45 AM
Hater gonna hate. Totally called the MSU game :D

Fail on the isub game though.

UNIFanSince1983
October 23rd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Indiana State -- Bell is just too good, and they have an underrated defense
NDSU -- Hard fought game, but the Bizon are too good
YSU -- Youngstown pounds a bad St. Francis team
WIU -- I have seen both teams play and WIU is better than MSU

Well whoops. I am not good at predicting...