PDA

View Full Version : CAA Week 7 Pick'Em

JMUNJ08
October 15th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I can't believe this hasn't been started yet this week! (Mods please fix if I missed it) While there appear to be two clunkers this week, (URI/Maine & Nova/JMU), there is no such thing as a gimme game in the CAA! With all the parity this year, this week may look easy to pick on paper (minus Towson/ODU) but I am expecting an upset. However, don't know which team will show up to surprise us. Lets get to the predictions! (Rankings are from TSN Poll)

(6) New Hampshire @ (16)William & Mary
UNH can't beat W&M historically and this is in the 2nd best 'burg in VA. However, if there was a year for the 'cats to take one, this is it. A porous defense should make W&M's offense look better but I think Grimes and company are on the ropes. If UNH plays their game the way they know how with the ball in their hands, I see them take this one.
UNH 34 - W&M 20

Rhode Island @ (12) Maine
More was expected out of URI this year but looks like all those good accolades went to the Black Bears. Fresh off wins vs.UD & @JMU are making people take notice of the team in Orono. This is @ home where they are at their best. Could this be when URI takes a team riding high back down to earth? Think it will be a struggle but the bears pull it out.
URI 18 - Maine 20

Villanova @ (13) JMU
A tough, let me repeat, TOUGH TOUGH loss for JMU last week. The QB situation seems like it will not be the pitfall it has been in the past even with starting a rFR now. Nova comes in looking to save face on the season and a win @ JMU would help and severely injure JMU's playoff chances with some tough roadies coming up. I just don't see Nova with the horses to stay in this.
Nova 10 - JMU 31

UMass @ (9) Delaware
I don't see UD as a top 10 team like this poll suggests or UMass to really be unranked. However, this one at the 'Tub should help the hens out a bunch. Just want to see one of the teams to make a true statement on what they are made of.
UMass 20 - UD 21

(17) Towson @ (18) ODU
GOTW???? Wish I could go back and put some money on this before the season started! Could have probably kept this site going with that donation alone xlolx. Towson had a last second FG win @ home vs a .500 but still tough Spiders team while ODU started to flex some more muscle themselves. This should really help to see if both, 1, or none are for real in the playoff discussion this year. I see those Monarchs taking this one (but pulling for the Tigers).
Towson 24 - ODU 28

BONUS
Georgia St. @ SCSU
GaSt. is reeling right now. Could they not be as ready as they thought for the big time? I see them having a decent future but this year has been tough to build upon. SCSU is only 3-3 but have a few solid wins and tough losses. At home, no brainer.
GaSt. 17 - SCSU 38

melloware13
October 15th, 2011, 07:12 AM
UNH
Maine
JMU
UD
Towson
SCSU

wmtribe1693
October 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
I picked W&M to win this one by 14 points and Grimes won't be anywhere near "the ropes."

JMUNJ08
October 16th, 2011, 10:37 AM
UNH 34 - W&M 20xbangx
URI 18 - Maine 20xthumbsupx
Nova 10 - JMU 31xthumbsupx
UMass 20 - UD 21xbangx
Towson 24 - ODU 28xbangxxbangx

BONUS
GaSt. 17 - SCSU 38xthumbsupx

Overall 3-3
CAA 2-3
Bonus 1-0

Tough week but the CAA is now even more muddled. Should we start the yearly thread of getting 7 teams in with 7-4/8-3 records?xsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx