PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-15

JALMOND
October 13th, 2011, 11:32 PM
My apologies for being late once again. With family in town and the choice of a steak dinner in downtown Portland or sit here typing, I think the choice is a no-brainer, much like the games this week. Currently I sit at 29-6 and after a poor start to the year, I am perfect for the month of October (2 straight weeks). Hopefully that streak will continue this week. Here are the conference game predictions for this week. As usual, all are just my opinions.

ISU at WSU---Yes, a rivalry game or sorts as the Bengals take the short trip down to Ogden to face the Wildcats. The Bengals found scoring to be quite difficult last week at home against Montana. Now they have to play outdoors and have to subject themselves to the weather. The Wildcats had a week off to rest and get healthy. This will help, too...WSU 30, ISU 10.

NAU at MSU---This was going to be a bit of a rebuilding year for the Lumberjacks, but not like this, with the only win against Idaho State. Last week, they had the reeling Eastern Washington team prime for a loss, yet they couldn't get it done. The Bobcats, on the other hand, had their game at Portland State in the bag until two touchdowns late made the game very interesting, but they were still able to get the win. Same nervousness here? Not likely...MSU 38, NAU 10.

UNC at EWU---The Eagles were pretty much given up for dead after their disastrous start to the season, yet they have righted the ship and are making a mad dash for a postseason berth. Last week, a nice win on the road at Northern Arizona and they still have conference upstarts Sacramento State and Portland State. But it would all be for naught if they overlook the Bears. Well, maybe...EWU 24, UNC 14.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies offense may need some sort of spark and they could get it facing the Vikings weak defensive secondary. The Vikings showed they could run with relative success against a great run defense in Montana State. Now they get to see how they do against another great defense. The Vikings have a chance? Maybe, but throw in stupid penalties and the fact that they have not won in Missoula since 1987 and the choice is obvious...UM 37, PSU 26.

wapiti
October 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Thanks Jalmond. As always good job.

ISU 13 at WSU 35---Bengal on the BBQ grill this weekend. Weber is at home and had an extra week to get ready.

NAU 14 at MSU 28---MSU is at home and should hopefully be ready to go after last years loss to NAU.

UNC 9 at EWU 32---EWU at home against UNC should be an easy one. EWU should be able to get some playing time for 2nd strings in the 2nd half.

PSU 21 at UM 27---It will be closer than the griz would like, but with McKnight being a decent kicker they win by a couple of field goals.

Future Big Sky Teams

UTSA 13 @ UCD 17---Two teams having a rough year. I'll go with the home team here.

SUU 33 @ CP 33---This has the makings of being a dandy of a game. Tied after 4 OT's, power goes out and the game is called.

Walkon79
October 14th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I would like to see PSU pull the upset, but I don't think it will happen. The Griz defense may be too much, and PSU will shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, (Again). Home teams all win this week.

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
ISU at WSU - Will Tavoy Moore's dismissal have any affect on the outcome? Not likely, as he's had little offensive input due to injury and a pass happy offensive scheme. That one-dimensional offense struggled mightily against the Griz and with the extra week to prepare, Weber takes this one fairly easily. WSU 30, ISU 13.

NAU at MSU - NAU had trouble with turnovers last week, losing at home even while outgaining EWU by nearly 100 yards. NAU played PSU tough at PSU, losing by 2, while the Cats held on after a late charge by the Vikes. Can they rectify this issue against a tough defense, and will the 'Cats suffer from a nail-biter, near-choke hangover? I think Ash rallies the troops to play a strong, complete 60 minute game. MSU 34, NAU 17.

UNC at EWU - Eastern has their eyes on the prize now, knowing they have to win out for any hope of post season play. Combine that with the home field advantage that is the Inferno (and UNC being absolutely dreadful), the game is an easy pick. UNC 7, EWU 3. Kidding! EWU 27, UNC 9.

PSU at UM - For me, this is the hardest game to pick. Maybe it’s because the PSU-MSU nailbiter is still fresh in my mind and I was left impressed by PSU's resiliency. The Griz run defense is pretty stout, but PSU's rushing attack had little trouble with MSU in the prior week. As others have noted though, PSU takes ALOT of penalties, and coming out of Wa-Griz with a W usually requires playing nearly mistake-free football. This will be a good one, and I'll be flipping back and forth from the Bobcat game. UM 31, PSU 24.

Walkon79
October 14th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Better yet, find a bar with multiple flat screens, and watch them both :)

MSUBobcat
October 14th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Better yet, find a bar with multiple flat screens, and watch them both :)

This is definitely in consideration. xthumbsupxxnodx

CopperCat
October 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I'm not sold on the griz D. PSU has a shot to win that game. If they do, it will be by 4 or less.

MSU by 20. There is bad blood between NAU and MSU, and MSU has the better team at home.

EWU by 21. They seem to have found themselves again, which is good to see.

Weber by 10. ISU has the potential to score points, but Weber is a class above the Bengals, especially on defense.

Squealofthepig
October 14th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Weber by 10. ISU has the potential to score points, but Weber is a class above the Bengals, especially on defense.

Possibly by more than 10, with Moore now gone for the Bengals (and no idea what that will do to the team).

JALMOND
October 15th, 2011, 09:47 PM
My apologies for being late once again. With family in town and the choice of a steak dinner in downtown Portland or sit here typing, I think the choice is a no-brainer, much like the games this week. Currently I sit at 29-6 and after a poor start to the year, I am perfect for the month of October (2 straight weeks). Hopefully that streak will continue this week. Here are the conference game predictions for this week. As usual, all are just my opinions.

ISU at WSU---Yes, a rivalry game or sorts as the Bengals take the short trip down to Ogden to face the Wildcats. The Bengals found scoring to be quite difficult last week at home against Montana. Now they have to play outdoors and have to subject themselves to the weather. The Wildcats had a week off to rest and get healthy. This will help, too...WSU 30, ISU 10.

NAU at MSU---This was going to be a bit of a rebuilding year for the Lumberjacks, but not like this, with the only win against Idaho State. Last week, they had the reeling Eastern Washington team prime for a loss, yet they couldn't get it done. The Bobcats, on the other hand, had their game at Portland State in the bag until two touchdowns late made the game very interesting, but they were still able to get the win. Same nervousness here? Not likely...MSU 38, NAU 10.

UNC at EWU---The Eagles were pretty much given up for dead after their disastrous start to the season, yet they have righted the ship and are making a mad dash for a postseason berth. Last week, a nice win on the road at Northern Arizona and they still have conference upstarts Sacramento State and Portland State. But it would all be for naught if they overlook the Bears. Well, maybe...EWU 24, UNC 14.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies offense may need some sort of spark and they could get it facing the Vikings weak defensive secondary. The Vikings showed they could run with relative success against a great run defense in Montana State. Now they get to see how they do against another great defense. The Vikings have a chance? Maybe, but throw in stupid penalties and the fact that they have not won in Missoula since 1987 and the choice is obvious...UM 37, PSU 26.

Perfection once again and still a perfect October. 33-6 but geez I would have like to have been wrong on the PSU/UM game. I'll take PSU next week against Willamette, and hope that is not the game they prove me wrong.

Walkon79
October 17th, 2011, 01:38 PM
I too was hoping to be wrong on UM-PSU. PSU gave them quite the scare, though.

Walkon79
October 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear about McCaffery (sp). He's a special back.