PDA

View Full Version : Since I have nothing else to do on a bye week...

URMite
October 12th, 2011, 04:39 PM
How many 7 Div-I win teams from the AQ conferences get left out this year?

Does ODU get an at-large at 7-4 if 5 of those wins turn out to be Campbell, GA St., Hampton, URI, & Nova?

xchinscratchx :p

BisonFan02
October 12th, 2011, 05:07 PM
and cue Mpls in 3..........2.............1.........:P

oh, and based on that schedule...it may be tough for ODU.

JmuSkinsfan
October 12th, 2011, 06:13 PM
At 7-4, ODU doesn't make it. At 8-3 they should, even if their 8th win happens to be against WM, who may be a bottom feeder at that point.

jmufan999
October 12th, 2011, 08:49 PM
ODU's out with 7 wins, but I don't think it's going to matter because I think they're going to get 8+ wins. I'd love to be wrong about that, though.

Squealofthepig
October 12th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I'm too lazy to do this for every single team, but in the Big Sky (done alphabetically). Note I didn't include most non-division 1 games, except where their scheduling may potentially hurt that team.

Eastern Washington
Wins (2): vs. Weber State, @NAU
Losses: @Washington, @South Dakota, @Montana, vs. Montana State
Must win five wins to reach seven: Northern Colorado, at Sacramento State, Portland State, at Cal Poly, at Idaho State
Prognosis: If the Eagles can get to seven wins, they'll at least be looked at

Idaho State
Cannot reach seven division 1 wins.

Montana
Wins (4): Cal Poly, Eastern Washington, Northern Colorado, at Idaho State
Losses: @Tennessee, at Sacramento State
Need three wins to reach seven: Portland State, NAU, Weber State, at Montana State
Prognosis: Montana can win out at home to reach seven, but I think they'll need to be competitive at Montana State. Playing Western Oregon potentially can hurt them.

Montana State
Wins (4): UC Davis, at EWU, vs. Sac State, at Portland State
Loss: at BCS Utah
Need three wins to reach seven: NAU, at Northern Colorado, Idaho State, at Weber State, Montana
Prognosis: Like the Griz, the Cats have one non-division 1 opponent. But, McGhee and crew should easily get their three wins; Weber State isn't much of a trap game as the Cats will have an off week before the Brawl of the Wild

Northern Arizona
Wins (1): Idaho State
Losses: at Arizona, at Portland State, vs. EWU
Need all six remaining games, including their next three on the road: at Montana State, at Montana, at Sacramento State, vs. Northern Colorado, at Weber, vs. Southern Utah
Prognosis: Probably a statistical longshot, though the Lumberjacks have played competitively

Northern Colorado
Cannot reach seven division one wins

Portland State
Wins (2): NAU, at Idaho State
Losses: at BCS TCU, vs. Montana State
Need all five remaining games: at Montana, at EWU, vs. Sac State, at Northern Colorado, vs. Weber State
Prognosis: Having two non D1 schools on their schedule has the Vikings' backs against the wall. Still, were they to win out, their 9-2 record would include some impressive wins.

Sacramento State
Wins (4): at BCS Oregon, vs. Montana, at Northern Colorado
Losses: at Southern Utah, at Weber State, at Montana State
Need three wins to reach seven: EWU, NAU, at Portland State, vs. Idaho state, vs. UC Davis
Prognosis: Sac State has an extra week to prepare for the eagles; if they can get past them, they may have the easiest route to seven (or even eight) victories

Weber State
Wins (2): Sacramento State, at Northern Colorado
Losses: at Wyoming, at Utah State, at EWU
Must win five to reach seven: vs. Idaho State, vs. Southern Utah, at Montana, vs. Montana State, vs. NAU, at Portland State
Prognosis: A seven win Weber State should get a look; their three losses so far this season have been to two FBS teams and the reigning national champs.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Only correction, I think, is that we go to NAU don't we? The Big Sky never makes a team come to Montana twice in a season. We always have opposite home schedules.

Reign of Terrier
October 12th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I don't think the Big Sky or the Socon will get more than 4 each at the absolute maximum. Probably 3 for each, but 2 for sure. CAA could get a few in just for the fact that they schedule stronger.

Squealofthepig
October 12th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Only correction, I think, is that we go to NAU don't we? The Big Sky never makes a team come to Montana twice in a season. We always have opposite home schedules.

You are correct; ESPN has the game here in zoo town, but you're right, we went there last year and montanagrizzlies.com has us going there. Teach me to use espn for such things. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
October 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
You are correct; ESPN has the game here in zoo town, but you're right, we went there last year and montanagrizzlies.com has us going there. Teach me to use espn for such things. :)

Yeah and I think you meant they were here last year. That was the game that kick off was ruled the safety.

GSUhooligan
October 13th, 2011, 12:04 PM
here's the SoCon

Appy State
Wins (3): NC A&T, Savannah St., UT-C
Losses (2): @Virginia Tech, @ Wofford
Needs four wins of their remaining 6 to reach 7 D-I: @ Citadel, Samford, Georgia Southern, @ Furman, Western Carolina, @ Elon
Prognosis: Elon, Western, Citadel and Samford should be wins and it is very possible they'll win out so they should be in.

UT-C
Wins (2): Jacksonville St., @ Western Kentucky
Losses (4): @ Nebraska, @ Appy St., Citadel, @ Georgia Southern
Needs: Five wins to reach 7 D-I: Western Carolina, @ Elon, Furman, @ Samford, Wofford
Prognosis: While is is possible to win out, Furman, Samford and the big one, Wofford, still remain on their schedule. If they lose one of those they are out, which will probably happen.

Citadel
Wins (2): Jacksonville, @UT-C
Losses (3): Furman, @ Elon, Wofford
Needs: Five wins in their 6 remaining games Appy St., @ WCU, VMI, @ GSU, Samford. They also play @ FBS South Carolina
Prognosis: Doesn't look good for the Bulldogs.

Elon
Wins (3): @NC Central, Citadel, @ WCU
Losses (2): @ Vanderbilt, Georgia Southern
Needs: Four wins in their 5 remaining games @ Samford, UT-C, @ Wofford, @ Furman, Appy St.
Prognosis: Even if they miraculously split with Wofford and App, they'd still have to run the table against UT-C, @ Furman and @ Samford. Tall order.

Furman
Wins (3): @ Citadel, Prebyterian, @ WCU
Losses (2): @ Coastal Carolina, Samford
Needs: Four wins in their 6 remaining games @ Georgia Southern, Wofford, @ UT-C, Appy St., Elon, @ Florida.
Prognosis: Florida is almost certainly a loss, so they will have to go 3-1 against the conference's best in GSU, ASU, UTC and Wofford and beat a decent Elon. I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin.

Georgia Southern
Wins (4): @ Samford, Western Carolina, @ Elon, UT-C
Losses (:))
Needs: Three wins in their six remaining games Furman, Presbyterian, @ Appy St., Citadel, @ Wofford, @ Alabama
Prognosis: Alabama is probably a loss so they need to go 3-2 in their FCS games, which barring a complete disaster is possible, and if we can get past this Saturday, probable.

Samford
Wins (2): Gardner-Webb, @ Furman
Losses (2): @ Wofford, Georgia Southern
Needs: Five of their remaining six games Elon, @ Appy St., WCU, UT-C, @ Citadel and @ Auburn. Auburn is most likely a loss, so they'll have to run the table against FCS competition. With Wofford and GSU out of the way, it is possible, but App and UT-C are very large hurdles.

Western Carolina
Cannot get to 7 D-I wins

Wofford
Wins (4): @ Presbyterian, Samford, Appy St., @ Citadel
Losses (1): @ Clemson
Needs: Three wins in their remaining 5 D-I games @ Furman, Elon, @ Western Carolina, GSU, and @ UT-C
Prognosis: Similar to GSU, if they can get past Furman, they're pretty much a lock for 7 D-I wins.

So basically GSU and WC are virtual locks if they beat Furman, App has a strong chance. Furman and Samford are possible dark horses. Everyone else is a very, very long shot, except Western who is already done.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2011, 12:44 PM
MVFC

#1 North Dakota State
Wins (5): Lafayette, St Francis, @ Minnesota, Illinois State, @ Southern Illinois
Losses(0):
Needs: 2 wins with 3 home games left, one of those being winless Missouri State.

#1 Northern Iowa
Wins(4): @ Stephen F Austin, Western Illinois, @ Missouri State, Indiana State
Losses(1): @ Iowa State
Needs: 3 wins with 3 home games left.

#3 Indiana State
Wins(4): Butler, @ Western Kentucky, Youngstown State, @ South Dakota State
Losses(2): @ Penn State, @ Northern Iowa
Needs: 3 wins with 3 home games left.

#4 Illinois State
Wins(3): Morehead State, South Dakota State, @ Missouri State
Losses(3): @ Eastern Illinois, @ Youngstown State, @ North Dakota State
Needs: 4 Wins, 4 home games remain

#5 Western Illinois
Wins(2): Jacksonville, Southern Illinois
Losses(3): @ Sam Houston State, @ Missouri, @ Northern Iowa
Needs: To win all remaining games, could possibly drop one.

#6 Southern Illinois
Wins(2): @ Southeast Missouri State, Missouri State
Losses(3): @ Ole Miss, @ Western Illinois, North Dakota State
Needs: To win all but one game to have a chance.

#6 Youngstown State
Wins(2): Valparaiso, Illinois State
Losses(3): @ Michigan State, @ Indiana State, South Dakota State
Needs: To win all remaining games, could possibly drop one.

#6 South Dakota State
Wins(2): Southern Utah, @ Youngstown State
Losses(4): @ Illinois, @ Cal Poly, @ Illinois State, Indiana State
Needs: To win out.

#9 Missouri State
Wins(0):
Losses(6): @ Arkansas, @ Eastern Kentucky, @ Oregon, @ Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Illinois State
Needs: [Best possible record 5-6]To remind ESPN that Missouri State is not Missouri(lol @ embeded highlight reel)

JSUBison
October 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
You forgot the ISU-B loss to UNI.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2011, 12:53 PM
I think it wouldn't be arrogance to assume that GSU and Wofford have pretty much locked up a playoff position as long as they do what they're capable of. I don't see Wofford losing more than 2 games, and GSU 3.

MSUBobcat
October 13th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Sacramento State
Wins (4): at BCS Oregon, vs. Montana, at Northern Colorado
Losses: at Southern Utah, at Weber State, at Montana State
Need three wins to reach seven: EWU, NAU, at Portland State, vs. Idaho state, vs. UC Davis
Prognosis: Sac State has an extra week to prepare for the eagles; if they can get past them, they may have the easiest route to seven (or even eight) victories

Not to nitpick, Squealofthepig, but Sac State only has 3 wins, one of which was at BCS Oregon State, not Oregon, so they need to win 4 of their remaining 5 to reach 7. The game at Portland State, assuming they get by EWU, will be a challenge and may make or break their playoff aspirations. Apologies for not knowing how to properly quote a post yet :o.