PDA

View Full Version : Realignment Board or Reform

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2011, 02:30 PM
My opinion is that some of the realignment threads started 'FCS Discussion' area over the last few weeks (and months) are 'stretching' as far as FCS is concerned.

Some are not even about FCS schools and others have way too many scenarios involved to really trigger a move that involves FCS schools.

I would recommend creating a 'realignment board' for such discussion or attempt to clamp down on the appropriate posts (and move them to 'Other Sports') instead of having them fill up the 'FCS Discussion' area.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I put a poll on it. I'm also moving it to FCS Discussion to see what the users in the forum think.

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Instead of a Great West forum have a realignment forum.

Tuscon
October 10th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Pretty much any realignment either at the top or bottom is going to effect FCS schools. There will be holes to fill.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I don't see why they should be put in their own forum. The effects are global if the Big East implodes, or the WAC gets downgraded.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I too think it has plenty to do with FCS in the majority of cases but wanted to see if it was a problem with the community that these threads are usually in FCSD. There are plenty of you out there to throw in an opinion so I figure it's a good way to find out the feelings.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I'm a big conference realignment fan - check out College Sports Info several times a day during peak seasons like this, but as I said in the initial post - think people are stretching too far to 'tie' in FCS changes... some of the threads are strictly about current FBS schools/conferences in the initial post and then others start bringing up the FCS schools as it goes along...

Perhaps individual threads need to be monitored and determined by the Mods if their place is correct based on the tone/content of the first post.

I don't see why they should be put in their own forum. The effects are global if the Big East implodes, or the WAC gets downgraded.

They are 'global', but some of the threads that we have seen are non-nonsensical when it comes to implications on FCS schools.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2011, 03:30 PM
On another note, the poll question is poorly worded...

"Should the realignment threads be moved out of the FCS Discussion Forum?"

I am fine with realignment threads being in the FCS Discussion if they are primarily about FCS schools and don't start off with a post that has no mention of FCS schools and/or the implications of an FCS school - which becomes the issue each time there is another 'burst' in news about the subject.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
On another note, the poll question is poorly worded...

"Should the realignment threads be moved out of the FCS Discussion Forum?"

I am fine with realignment threads being in the FCS Discussion if they are primarily about FCS schools and don't start off with a post that has no mention of FCS schools and/or the implications of an FCS school - which becomes the issue each time there is another 'burst' in news about the subject.

No, it isn't poorly worded. I added the poll to see if this a problem the way it is or has been to the board members. I wanted to find out if it is bothersome or not. The questions accomplish this task.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2011, 03:48 PM
No, it isn't poorly worded. I added the poll to see if this a problem the way it is or has been to the board members. I wanted to find out if it is bothersome or not. The questions accomplish this task.

The question fails to accomplish the task, because I would have voted opposite based on the poll if I was not trying to bring up a point.

I may have taken research methods many moons ago, but it does not seem to be up to par...

As I stated, I am FOR realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area - I am just against realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area that have nothing to do with FCS. If we're not going to be realists here, leave the policy as is - I'll just report any threads that have nothing to do with FCS 'realignment' that are posted in the FCS Discussion. Would hope that the Mods do what they do for other FBS posts in that area and move'em!

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 03:57 PM
The question fails to accomplish the task, because I would have voted opposite based on the poll if I was not trying to bring up a point.

I may have taken research methods many moons ago, but it does not seem to be up to par...

As I stated, I am FOR realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area - I am just against realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area that have nothing to do with FCS. If we're not going to be realists here, leave the policy as is - I'll just report any threads that have nothing to do with FCS 'realignment' that are posted in the FCS Discussion. Would hope that the Mods do what they do for other FBS posts in that area and move'em!

You mentioned a realignment forum so I took that as you grouping them together as a single issue.

No realignment is purely about FBS at this point. Don't get too crazy and make a problem out of this TT cuz I'm a real pleasant fella until someone starts purposely trying to cause an issue. I'll assume that this is not what you were implying there and I just misunderstood you.

If people think it's a problem we'll deal with it.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
We have experts who can turn any discussion into one about the Patriot League.

RabidRabbit
October 10th, 2011, 04:11 PM
This is about "other schools". If there are specific discussion for a FCS school, then that particular discussion is FCS Forum worthy. If it is about (example) Mizzou moving to the Big Least, then it's not FCS worthy.

Oral Bob's discussion about joining the Southland, to me, isn't FCS discussion, it's non-football related. Northern KY's interest in moving up is a non-FCS forum worthy discussion. If the lead school isn't a FCS program, then it's not FCS fodder.

TexasTerror
October 10th, 2011, 04:27 PM
This is about "other schools". If there are specific discussion for a FCS school, then that particular discussion is FCS Forum worthy. If it is about (example) Mizzou moving to the Big Least, then it's not FCS worthy.

Oral Bob's discussion about joining the Southland, to me, isn't FCS discussion, it's non-football related. Northern KY's interest in moving up is a non-FCS forum worthy discussion. If the lead school isn't a FCS program, then it's not FCS fodder.

Thanks RR! That's exactly the point... :)

ursus - I think you misunderstood my point, but what RR is stating is accurate and hope it makes more sense. If the discussion is not specific to FCS, then it needs to placed elsewhere. The ORU point is a good one. I'd be game for a realignment area, but my most pressing concern is clearing the clutter of non-FCS related realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks RR! That's exactly the point... :)

ursus - I think you misunderstood my point, but what RR is stating is accurate and hope it makes more sense. If the discussion is not specific to FCS, then it needs to placed elsewhere. The ORU point is a good one. I'd be game for a realignment area, but my most pressing concern is clearing the clutter of non-FCS related realignment posts in the FCS Discussion area.

I got it better with RR's post so I'll let him do what follows his paradigm with the way he spelled it out. Fix whatever needs to be fixed RR.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Example of a thread gone wrong... why is a C-USA/MWC merger thread in the FCS Discussion? Not really any discussion there pertaining to FCS programs.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?96719-MWC-and-C-USA-Merge&p=1697715

Ursus - these are the threads I'll report.

darell1976
October 15th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Example of a thread gone wrong... why is a C-USA/MWC merger thread in the FCS Discussion? Not really any discussion there pertaining to FCS programs.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?96719-MWC-and-C-USA-Merge&p=1697715

Ursus - these are the threads I'll report.

Its because Lakes is banned from here. Over on CS he has NDSU packing their bags and moving up with Montana as their travel partner.xlolx

dgtw
October 15th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I don't see an issue with realignments threads in the FCS area. If C-USA is raided by the big East, they may seek to promote teams from the FCS if the stupid merger idea falls through.

I don't think there is enough discussion to warrant its own forum, however. Moving them to Other Sports would probably be the best place to put them if TPTB don't want them in the main forum.

bottom line, I don't care what you do with them. I'm also a realignment geek and enjoy the threads, however.