PDA

View Full Version : UND @ UNI?

NorthDakotaBison
April 27th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Word on the street is that the University of North Dakota will be filling the Sept. 9 slot on the Panthers schedule.

Can anyone confirm this?

bison95
April 27th, 2006, 09:40 AM
:bang: :bang: That would Blow hard. I would love to see NDSU try and work something out with UNI. Instead they allegedly sign undii:bang: :bang:

Reed Rothchild
April 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Its been confirmed by Coach Farley during an interview for Des Moines radio. We were supposed to be playing South Dakota, but they backed out.

I would also like to see a game with the Bison. This year we get South Dakota St. Are they any good?

Jacks99
April 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM
USD must have been scared to have a common opponent with SDSU:nonono2:

SDSU has played top tier DI-AA teams well. Defense is a ? this year, but the offense should keep them in the game. Look for a good one at UNI and hope to be there.

RabidRabbit
April 27th, 2006, 09:30 PM
:smiley_wi Shades of Bison Chips, SUMan! :smiley_wi

Could we be witnessing the early D-1 tests by the RedRiver SueBees? Holy reminscience of Bison first steps in '02. So what's next? Announce a D-I transition?

Jeez, Panthers, don't let them catch you looking to IA St game, or even to the Jacks game. Don't need a near NC D-1AA champ getting knocked off by a strong D-2. Think it can't happen? Check what happened to Montana when they played Bison after Bison announced. :bawling:

Instead, hope Panthers educate da Soo about what they're to look to. Hope it's a "powderpuff" for UNI. Looking at their schedule, appears to be tough path to get back to NC game. :hurray: Best of skills & luck to our Wrestling Conference Partner. :hurray: :hurray:

swaghook
April 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Hopefully UNI will show the Sioux what they are in for if they think they can play head to head at the I-AA level and be competitive.

W. DeMontague
April 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Hopefully UNI will show the Sioux what they are in for if they think they can play head to head at the I-AA level and be competitive.

Sioux can be competetive, just like the Bison were in their first couple of years.

AmsterBison
April 28th, 2006, 02:00 AM
Here's a fan of NDSU who agrees that the U of North Dakota will be competitive. They have a very solid defense.

Gil Dobie
April 28th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Should be a good test for UND and a possible move to I-AA for football.

slostang
April 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Here's a fan of NDSU who agrees that the U of North Dakota will be competitive. They have a very solid defense.
What??? A Bison fan that can see through their blind hatred of the Sioux.:smiley_wi What is the world comming to.:smiley_wi

bison95
April 28th, 2006, 08:24 AM
We can still hate the sue with every part of our being, but that doesn't mean we don't respect them.....athletically anyway:smiley_wi

WYOBISONMAN
April 28th, 2006, 09:21 AM
What??? A Bison fan that can see through their blind hatred of the Sioux.:smiley_wi What is the world comming to.:smiley_wi

Oh....I think UND could give UNI a run too, but I hope UNI pounds the hell out of UND!

UNI MadCat
April 28th, 2006, 01:26 PM
Oh....I think UND could give UNI a run too, but I hope UNI pounds the hell out of UND!

If the Sue hockey team were out there I'd give them a chance but alas, this is football and they are playing one of the best teams in I-AA. This will be a 30+ point win, I have no doubt.

Gil Dobie
April 28th, 2006, 04:41 PM
If the Sue hockey team were out there I'd give them a chance but alas, this is football and they are playing one of the best teams in I-AA. This will be a 30+ point win, I have no doubt.

That may be, but don't overlook them like Montana did to the Bison. :)

Tod
April 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
That may be, but don't overlook them like Montana did to the Bison. :)
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

;) ;) :D

Chi Panther
April 28th, 2006, 07:51 PM
I think it will be initially a close contest.....UNI having more depth will begin to wear on UND. So UND will need to be out to an early lead.

Sanders will present a problem in the UNI-Dome....that much you can count on.....

igo4uni
April 28th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Sanders will present a problem in the UNI-Dome....that much you can count on.....

In my humble opinion, Sanders will present a problem to all teams in and out of the fabulous UNI-Dome. :twocents:

Chi Panther
April 29th, 2006, 01:28 AM
In my humble opinion, Sanders will present a problem to all teams in and out of the fabulous UNI-Dome. :twocents:

Agreed....my point was that UND is playng UNI in the Dome and Sanders is going to be a tough to slow down....hope I wasn't being unclear.....

JBB
April 29th, 2006, 12:06 PM
They dropped 3 ot their last 4 games last season against top DII teams with their only win in those games coming at home. They have lost a lot of defense including their best player and their place kicker. They will not be anywhere as experienced this season as they were last. Their QB situation is confused but their offensive line will probably be better than last year. They have some speed at running back, but their best back is undersized.

It would have been a better game last year because UND had a lot of good senior leadership. This game has a huge chance of ending up a yawner but hey AGS right?

Mountain Panther
April 29th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Wow...I can't even IMAGINE how popular this thread would be if we were actually playing North Dakota State. Thanks for sticking up for your cross state comrades.

JBB
April 29th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Your right, your game would be a lot bigger if you had signed a home/home with the BISON. Heres what Im looking at:

UMD @ UNI: UNI Wins 49-14 as far as I know you called off the dogs early.

UND played them twice last season winning both 33-10 @ UMD and 23-12 @ UND. I think you can see the difference in those scores? I dont think the UND team is looking as good as last years team either, but time will tell.

Chi Panther
April 29th, 2006, 05:13 PM
To answer a question about when the dogs were called off......

Horne, David 4-57
Freeney, Terrance 11-33

Sanders, Eric 12-14-0-311

crunifan
April 30th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Let's all be honest with ourselves for a moment here. UND may very well be a an excellent Division II team, but even the best of I-AA have a VERY difficult time winning in the UNI-Dome. So if you think UND is going to be the team that breaks the current streak...lay off the crack.

Not saying they won't put up a fight, but they aren't gonna win.

RabidRabbit
April 30th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Let's all be honest with ourselves for a moment here. UND may very well be a an excellent Division II team, but even the best of I-AA have a VERY difficult time winning in the UNI-Dome. So if you think UND is going to be the team that breaks the current streak...lay off the crack.

:rolleyes: Inquirying mind want to know, what's the current home win streak up to?:eyebrow:

Gil Dobie
April 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM

Remember UND is also a dome team. UNI should be favored by a hugh margin, but never say never. Any Given Saturday anything can happen. :eyebrow:

Mountain Panther
April 30th, 2006, 12:27 PM
:rolleyes: Inquirying mind want to know, what's the current home win streak up to?:eyebrow:

10. We have not lost since 10/9/04 to a tough Western Kentucky team 17-10. Since that game Sanders is 10-0 in the Dome.

JBB
April 30th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Yea Chi Panther, I looked at the stats in that game and UNI was up 35-7 at the half. Heres the story if anybodys interested:

http://unipanthers.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/091105aaa.html

I might keep my eye on this one for a possible upset pick but after that the best you can hope for is a well played game with the expected outcome.

NDSU is looking at the same situation with the Gophers and Ball State. I think you have Iowa State. Its tough being a dog.

crunifan
April 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM

Well when your current home streak contains the likes of SIU, Youngstown State, and Eastern Washington (all of which were ranked in the top 15 last year) I would say that stands for a lot.

Let's just wait for SDSU to add to that streak.

RabidRabbit
April 30th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Well when your current home streak contains the likes of SIU, Youngstown State, and Eastern Washington (all of which were ranked in the top 15 last year) I would say that stands for a lot.

Let's just wait for SDSU to add to that streak.

The Jacks lost 5 games last year, 4 were 1-AA play-off teams, and the 5th was NDSU in Fargo. So, yes, our success rate vs top 15 1-AA is low. But break-out could occur at on any given Saturday. Should be a tighter game than the UND game. Look forward to the match-up, and for a return trip from the Panthers to SDSU, hopefully in '08 when the Bunnies are play-off eligible.

TexasTerror
May 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Farley says UND is no joke! ;)

UND FOOTBALL: Sioux, Panthers agree to play
By Wayne Nelson
Herald Staff Writer

UND is among the elite programs in NCAA Division II football, winning a national championship in 2001 and finishing second in 2003. The Sioux now have a chance to see how they stack up against a Division I-AA power.

The Sioux officially released their 2006 football schedule Wednesday. As expected, the schedule includes a nonconference game against Northern Iowa - the Division I-AA program that reached the national championship game last season.

The UND-Northern Iowa game will be played Sept. 9 in Cedar Falls. Kickoff is set for 4:05 p.m.

Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley said his team will receive a challenge from the Division II Sioux.

"They're most definitely a Division I-AA-style football team," Farley said. "They have the resources and the recruiting area. They definitely have the coaching staff and players. Dale (Lennon) has done a great job with that program.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/sports/colleges/university_of_north_dakota/14495215.htm