vs. Big East 0-1
vs. Big South 1-1
vs. CAA 0-5
vs. Ivy 6-6
vs. MVFC 0-1
vs. NEC 5-0
vs. PFL 3-0

STANDINGS:
(Patriot League W-L is listed first, followed by overall W-L)

Holy Cross 1-0, 2-3
Lehigh 1-0, 5-1
Bucknell 1-1, 4-2
Colgate 1-1, 3-3
Georgetown 1-1, 4-2
Fordham* 0-1, 1-4
Lafayette 0-1, 1-4

*Ineligible for League championship and auto-bid.

Ivytalk
October 9th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Cornell
Lehigh
Georgetown
Harvard
Holy Cross
Yale

ngineer
October 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
SUNY Ithaca at Colgate should favor the Red Raiders with Eachus back in the fold and motoring again. 'gate 28-17

Georgetown notches another win in its road to respectability. Hoyas 35-21

Lehigh continues to roll in the Bronx. Despite Fordham's record, they do have some athletes; however, as a team I don't see the full package molded yet that should give the Brown & White trouble. Lehigh continues to score and the defense is getting better. Lehigh 41-17.

Bucknell faces a stiff test in Cambridge after getting whupped at home by Lehigh. How do they bounce back? Crimson may be the best in the Ivy at the moment. Crimson cruise, 31-10

Dartmouth got skunked by Yale last week and what everyone thought was a rebounding program starts over again. Not good to be facing the Crusaders in 'Wustah'. Taggart puts on a clinic and Crusaders roll, 31-14.

Yale's offense may have resurrected itself against the Big Green. Lafayette coming off a tough Bye week as Tavani was holding 'open' tryouts. New QB Dan Weiss leads the spotted pussies out of the tunnel to show how anyone can play this game. The pep band plays 'Edelweis' as the players are presented with bouquets of the little white mountain flowers. The psyche job works for 30 seconds as Yale does not return the opening kickoff for a TD. Down hill from there as the Eli have their way with the Leopards, the cheerleaders, and pep band. Bulldogs, 32-14.

carney2
October 9th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Cornell @ COLGATE – The 'gaters are trending up. The Big Fraud never trend anywhere.

GEORGETOWN @ Howard – The DC Buffaloes are 3-3 and I have no idea what that means. Schollies or not, the Hoyas are better.

LEHIGH @ FORDHAM – If this is what football scholarships hath wrought, you can shove them where the sun don't shine. So far Fordham is the poster child for doing less with more. Non-schollie beats the crap out of them again this week.

BUCKNELL @ Harvard – Welcome to the real world, Mr. Buffalo.

Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS – It's been a tough first half for the Crossers. Things get a little easier from here.

Yale @ LAFAYETTE – Eli the bulldog says “Don't need no stinkin' Curse to beat this bunch.” Tavani has a difficult QB decision: the one who can think but can't throw or the one who can throw but apparently can't think. It hardly matters.

Bogus Megapardus
October 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Question to 'gaters - was Gavin McCarney injured in the Monmouth game? I don't know where I heard that.

DFW HOYA
October 10th, 2011, 09:08 AM
GEORGETOWN@ Howard – The DC Buffaloes are 3-3 and I have no idea what that means. Schollies or not, the Hoyas are better.

Howard has wins over Div. II Morehouse and perennial I-AA struggler Savannah State, but the FAMU game was downright strange.

The Bison were down 28-0 to start the 4th, and closed to 28-26 with 0:26 left. Howard tries the onside kick, but FAMU recovers. All the Rattlers need to do is run out the clock, but the ghost of Joe Pisarcik strikes in Bragg Stadium as FAMU fumbles the ball at its 15. Howard goes for the field goal, but FAMU calls time out as the kick was made. Problem was, FAMU was out of time outs. With the second try, the kick was good, 29-28.

CFBfan
October 10th, 2011, 09:17 AM
With the Hoyas not picking up their 4th win until the end of the season last year They and more importantly Kelly are in "uncharted waters" going for win #5 in mid season.
The Hoya did is playing decent football especialy after Kelly seemingly took the D over at halftime against Bucknell. A good effort has the Hoyas at 5 - 2 entering a tough home stretch of 4 PL games in a row to close out the season, another "unchartered water" for them as the bulk of the PL games were behind them at this point in the season.....

DFW HOYA
October 10th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Four wins is fine, but some perspective: the combined record of those four opponents is 6-16 and three of the four check in no higher than 231 in the Sagarin ratings.

CFBfan
October 10th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Four wins is fine, but some perspective: the combined record of those four opponents is 6-16 and three of the four check in no higher than 231 in the Sagarin ratings.

understood. that's why a 5th win over a seemingly beatable Howard is very important as 4 PL games follow it starting with Colgate for home coming (who thought of that one?!)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Howard has wins over Div. II Morehouse and perennial I-AA struggler Savannah State, but the FAMU game was downright strange.

The Bison were down 28-0 to start the 4th, and closed to 28-26 with 0:26 left. Howard tries the onside kick, but FAMU recovers. All the Rattlers need to do is run out the clock, but the ghost of Joe Pisarcik strikes in Bragg Stadium as FAMU fumbles the ball at its 15. Howard goes for the field goal, but FAMU calls time out as the kick was made. Problem was, FAMU was out of time outs. With the second try, the kick was good, 29-28.

That has to be in the running for "biggest late-game collapse of the year", right up there with Chatty's cards folding against The Citadel a couple weeks ago.

van
October 10th, 2011, 11:00 AM
3-2 last week, hope to turn that around this week.

Eachus at home over Cornell
Hoyas are unstoppable this week
Lehigh continues to roll into bye week with big win over ewes xnodx
Bison back to earth and lose to Johnnies
Will the real Crossers please stand up? Going with home team here.
Yale not very good and Pards maybe good enough to beat Eli.

RichH2
October 10th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Gate over bad Cornell team
Hoyas on a quest
LU over Rams, team still needs a coacing staff
Harvard too strong
HC offense disappeared last week returns this week
Yale edges Pards

TheValleyRaider
October 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Question to 'gaters - was Gavin McCarney injured in the Monmouth game? I don't know where I heard that.

He was hurt late in the game, shoulder/collarbone area. Other posters closer to the program (and Hamilton) will know more than I about his status and potential availability, but he definitely was injured

Lehigh Football Nation
October 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
He was hurt late in the game, shoulder/collarbone area. Other posters closer to the program (and Hamilton) will know more than I about his status and potential availability, but he definitely was injured

Translation: we won't know until pregame warmups whether he's available or not. Book it. xlolx

ColgateTD
October 10th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Translation: we won't know until pregame warmups whether he's available or not. Book it. xlolx

Nothing new here; Colgate - and Biddle - are always tight lipped about status of players who might be on the DL.

TheValleyRaider
October 10th, 2011, 03:40 PM
4-1 last week (darn you HC!) and all the way up to 28-6 this year. On pace at this point to blow by my previous high

Cornell at Colgate Colgate Just like that, with the triumphant return of Nate Eachus, Colgate appears to be back on track. He was a linebacker way back in his first season (getting some PT behind Jordan Scott), so that clearly accounts for the improved defense as well. Though I suppose we can also credit that the offenses at Fordham and Monmouth. And now, enter Big Red. I admit, I was concerned this could go poorly just a few weeks ago, but with our turnaround and Ivy A&M's usual...whatever, the Raiders ring in Homecoming with a stirring home rivalry win

Georgetown at Howard Georgetown The Hoyas have been good to me this year, or perhaps I've been big on the Hoyas, or something. Whatever it is (probably Georgetown), the Hoyas are ahead of their usual pace and potentially staring a .500 season in the face (if not better). Their record is perhaps inflated by competition, but that's not changing against the DC-rival Bison, against whom they perform better than their PL-rival Bison

Lehigh at Fordham Lehigh Fordham continues to scuffle along, while the Hawks are flying high, as expected. League road games are never easy, but after a convincing win against one of the PL's middle tier, Lehigh should keep it going against the weaker (at least record-wise) Rams. How high can Lehigh fly this year? Well, if they keep their heads this week, the Hawks then get a bye before dealing with a critical League stretch at Colgate, then home against Holy Cross

Bucknell at Harvard Harvard Still not sure what to make of the Bison, though their getting blown out by Lehigh isn't terribly surprising. The Ivies look to be a bit down this year (at least at first glance), but Harvard is among the best of the bunch. When in doubt, you can either take the home team or the top-level of one conference over the bottom/middle of the other. In each case, this works out to the Cantabs

Dartmouth at Holy Cross Holy Cross What happened Saders? I know Providence is a tough place for you guys to go, but that was disappointing. Speaking of disappointing, Colgate's week 3 vanquisher has been just that since then. Facing off against the week 2 winner, the Big Green will try to get back on track in Worcester. Not the place you want to find yourself at this point, especially with Holy Cross trying to get back on course for their early November clash with Lehigh

Yale at Lafayette Yale Much like Harvard, Yale looks to be top-tier in the Ivy League, while much like Bucknell, Lafayette looks like a team in the League's middle class at best. Their offense has improved with the new QB, but better hasn't quite been good enough to garner recent victories. The Leopards make a game of it in Fisher, but Eli is too much as they have their eyes set on an Ivy title (taken, potentially, from the hands of Harvard)

ColgateTD
October 11th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Colgate - The Nate Eachus locomotive is running on all cylinders
G'town - Hoyas on the upswing this season; Howard should be easy pickings
Lehigh - Fordham has athletes and schollies, but that's not enough vs. Engineers
Harvard - Bison improved but not enough vs. possible Ivy League titlest
Holy Cross - After Bruno attack last week the Saders won't let another Ivy get the better of it
Yale - would like to support Carney's team, but just can't see it vs. Eli

carney2
October 11th, 2011, 10:20 AM
would like to support Carney's team

So would I, but it is difficult to support incompetence. It is beginning to look like a coaching problem on College Hill. The faithful are, by and large, giving Tavani a pass as they point at assistants. I don't think so. I am becoming more and more convinced that Frank is the problem as the kids just aren't listening to him anymore. This is "show me" week. Tavani either got their attention last week during Boot Camp II or he didn't. He either has a football team or he doesn't. Yale is the final exam.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Yale is the final exam.

At least it's a take-home.

RichH2
October 11th, 2011, 10:51 AM
At least it's a take-home.

Carney may be curmudgeonly but you sir are incorrigible. I find myself when I log in looking for your pithy bon mots ( no I dont lisp ). Good luck this week . Sadly Y a bit more of a contest than BYE. Your D can keep Pards in this one , some offense and you could pull out a win

Lehigh Football Nation
October 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM
What's weird is how this season for Lafayette is echoing last season in certain ways. The team massively underachieves early on, losing to Georgetown to get behind the conference eight ball, then comes back and "plays up" to surprise a strong team (Penn this year, Stony Brook last year) before zipping back to sub-mediocrity, including getting blown out at home by Harvard.

I think the difference, though, is that aside from Mitch Bennett and Greg Stripe, all those skill position players for you guys are green as grass. You have one healthy back that's a freshman, a QB controversy, and little offense. Your defense is still real strong - if the offense develops at all, you'll win games. (And it will probably happen by the third week in November. xmadx )

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Dartmouth at Holy Cross – OK, so Nick Schwieger barreled his way behind Keggy the Keg to knock off an Eachus-less Colgate squad to open the season. Since then, nada for the Dartmoose. Shut out by Yale 30-0 last Saturday. Lost to Sacred Heart, for chrissake. QB Connor Kempe is dead last in Ivy passing while Crusader QB Ryan Taggart already has thrown for 1,200 yards and 6 TDs. Contain Schwieger and the Crossers will leave the home crowd pleased, even if Sader87 doesn't show. Holy Cross 28-10

Bucknell at Harvard – What had earlier looked like a very stout Bison defensive backfield and secondary did not hold up too well against the Bethlehem Balderdash and the efficient passing attack of Chris Lum last weekend. But Harvard is a running team; its QB tandem of Colton Chapple and the oft-hamstrung Collier Winters is hardly lighting the up FieldTurf. The anemic Harvard passing attack should be an easier task for the Bison secondary. Bucknell just has to contain tailback Treavor Scales and his pals, and not turn the ball over. I think Bucknell can do it, and I think it will pull off the upset in Allston. Bucknell 28-24

Georgetown at Howard – Howard hasn't much of a passing game. Instead the Bison will rely on Terrence Leffall (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdw_663kSk) to pound the rock, much in the same way that he pounds that speed bag in his pre-game warm-up. Shockingly, however, those beguiling, broadcast-banning bulldogs of the beltway are 8th in the nation in stopping the run. Jack DiGioia is still checking to see exactly which Division those statistics belong in, and whether or not he might catch a Football Club game against Manhattan College on good ol' Kehoe Field one of these days. Father Damien and his pals win this one, but not by too much, and only because things inexplicably keep going their way. Georgetown 21-17

Lehigh at Fordham – Chris Lum seriously looks like an All-American out there – an astonishing 2,177 yards passing and 23 TDs to date. Fordham's freshman QB Peter Maetzold has the lowest passing efficiency rating, lowest completion percentage and fewest TD passes in the league. Fordham is dead last in the PL in total defense and in total offense. I mean, c'mon. Is this really going to be a contest at all? LBs Nick Womack and Andre Delaire are bright spots for the Ram's defense, but the Little Birdies win this one by halftime, and go off for a sandwich on Arthur Avenue. Lehigh 35-10

Cornell at Colgate – QB Gavin McCarney was injured at Monmouth but I'm assuming that both he and Nate Eachus will play. Don't look now, but going into last weekend it was McCartney who actually led the Patriot League in rushing with 84 rushes for 493 yards and 7 TDs. McCarney averages 98.6 rushing yards per game. By comparison, Cornell tailback Grant Gellatly had 42 rushes for 156 yards and 2 TDs. Cornell leads Big Ivy in passing offense; while in the Li'l Patriot Colgate has twice as many yards on the ground as the second-place running team. A land-air battle, which the home team should win. Colgate 30-21

Yale at Lafayette – Believe it or not, the Pards don't look so bad on parchment. Turnovers, dumb penalties and sloppy execution have almost nailed the coffin shut on this season, though. Back from a bye (and apparently from Boot Camp Redux), my beloved Félins Française seek to frighten Handsome Dan off slopes of Mount St. Frank. Of course, nobody knows who will play quarterback, who will start at tailback, or who the starting LBs will be for Lafayette. The Elohim are flush with confidence coming off a 30-0 throttling of Big Green. I believe the Leopards have the talent and the athleticism to start winning again, but they just can't seem to get their act straight. I'll be there in the cheap seats for this one, nonetheless. Yale 24-9

carney2
October 11th, 2011, 11:24 AM
What's weird is how this season for Lafayette is echoing last season in certain ways. The team massively underachieves early on, losing to Georgetown to get behind the conference eight ball, then comes back and "plays up" to surprise a strong team (Penn this year, Stony Brook last year) before zipping back to sub-mediocrity, including getting blown out at home by Harvard.

I think the difference, though, is that aside from Mitch Bennett and Greg Stripe, all those skill position players for you guys are green as grass. You have one healthy back that's a freshman, a QB controversy, and little offense. Your defense is still real strong - if the offense develops at all, you'll win games. (And it will probably happen by the third week in November. xmadx )

Your first paragraph, LFN, is penned with a large dose of hard to take truth. Your second needs some amending. To wit:

There are at least 4 healthy RBs, two of whom are pretty decent.
Personally, I think the "QB controversy" is over. My intuition, honed by years of Frank watching, tells me that Frank will go with O'Neil, the guy who cannot throw, but can think, over Shoop, the guy who can throw but seems to have a lot of trouble with the thinking part. A steady diet of dumps, outs, flats and dinks allows the DBs to squeeze in just a little and makes this offense even less effective.
The defense is "strong" to a point. Not real effective so far up front.
You completely overlooked the single biggest defect of this team - the OL. These guys have just not been very good.

The overriding thing with this team is ATTITUDE. If they get some they will win a game or two. If not, it will be same old, same old. Attitude, by the way is 100% the domain of the head coach.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 11:56 AM
bogus mega, a little off on the figures, aren't we?

Yes - I relied on The Sports Network, which did not include the Bucknell game. Shame on me. To date, after 6 games, Lum is 168/287 for 2,177 yards and 23 TDs with 9 INTs and 6 sacks, according to NBC Sports. He leads all FCS quarterbacks.

Thanks for altering me.

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Howard hasn't much of a passing game. Instead the Bison will rely on Terrence Leffall to pound the rock, much in the same way that he pounds that speed bag in his pre-game warm-up. Shockingly, however, those beguiling, broadcast-banning bulldogs of the beltway are 8th in the nation in stopping the run. Jack DiGioia is still checking to see exactly which Division those statistics belong in, and whether or not he might catch a Football Club game against Manhattan College on good ol' Kehoe Field one of these days. Father Damien and his pals win this one, but not by too much, and only because things inexplicably keep going their way.

Some obscure 1970's references there. Manhattan? Was that about the time Lafayette was playing Coast Guard and Drexel?

CFBfan
October 11th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Some obscure 1970's references there. Manhattan? Was that about the time Lafayette was playing Coast Guard and Drexel?

Bogus can't seem to get over his Pards 2 game losing streak to the Hoyas much less no TV coverage

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Was that about the time Lafayette was playing Coast Guard and Drexel?

Don't remember Coast Guard. Merchant Marine, for sure, though. Coulda played Georgetown too but, well, you know . . .

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2011, 12:34 PM
I stand corrected on that one. Kings Point is the home of the Merchant Marines, not the USCG.

Georgetown's schedules of the 1970's and 1980's were routine and mostly boring. One or two games would rotate with schools in western PA (Duquesne, St Francis) two in central PA (F&M, Dickinson), three in New York (St. John's, St. Peter's, Fordham), and some combination of Hopkins, Catholic and Washington & Lee. The Hoyas almost never went north of New York nor south of W&L. The Fordham series ended after the Rams announced they would join I-AA.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I think the "QB controversy" is over. My intuition, honed by years of Frank watching, tells me that Frank will go with O'Neil, the guy who cannot throw, but can think, over Shoop, the guy who can throw but seems to have a lot of trouble with the thinking part.

I read that The Surfer Dude looked crisp in JV action against Albright. I dunno . . . .

carney2
October 11th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I read that The Surfer Dude looked crisp in JV action against Albright. I dunno . . . .

Surfer Dude will not get his uniform dirty - with the possible exception of some cannabis stains. Trust me.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Regarding Bucknell at Harvard - I watched the Bucknell-Lehigh game on the li'l 'puter last weekend. Particularly in the second half (when he was forced to throw more) Lehigh was getting to Brandon Wesley with a three-man rush. From what I could see, Coach Susan started making adjustments by keeping a TE and a FB/HB in to help with the pass rush. Wesley simply ran out of time and targets at that point, it seemed to me.

How will Bucknell handle those two mammoth DTs that the Crimson have stocked on their line, Josue Ortiz and Nnamdi Obukwelu? Those guys are beasts and reportedly both NFL prospects.

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
FYI Lafayette vs Princeton Men's soccer is on ESPNU live right now. 2-1 Tigers midway through the second.

Pard4Life
October 11th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Last week 4-1, overall 25-9... went against my intuition and picked Holy Cross!

Holy Cross 28, Dartmouth 21... Saders embrace mascot Keggy the Keg and invite him to mass Sunday morning as a wine cooler.

Georgetown 34, Howard 14... it speaks to the quality of Georgetown football when they finally have a 'gimme game' on the schedule.

Lehigh 42, Fordham 10... Fordham absolutely cannot ever find a way to beat Lehigh... and will this year be any different? Of course you have a TD throwing machine when you have no ground game.

Harvard 38, Bucknell 10... "Watch Bucknell football star in epsiode two of 'Real Word: A true FBS schedule"

Colgate 27, SUNY-Ithaca 17... Now at starting QB... Colgate has a QB? Nate Eachus rushes for 200+ yards.

Yale 28, Lafayette 7... Improvement: we score a touchdown. Frankosaurus returns with dinks and dunks, short yardage, and inside the tackle runs, believing bye boot camp has remedied the situation. Logic test says: Yale played four games - blows out Dartmouth, Cornell, and Georgetown. We lost to Georgetown. Yale gets blown out by Lehigh. We are not Lehigh. So, Yale blows out Lafayette.

Sader87
October 11th, 2011, 06:55 PM
"Patriot League" was a Jeopardy category tonight along with "SEC", "Mountain West" "Big Ten" etc.....we're moving up in the world!!!!

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 07:16 PM
"Patriot League" was a Jeopardy category tonight along with "SEC", "Mountain West" "Big Ten" etc.....we're moving up in the world!!!!

Do you recall any of the clues?

Sader87
October 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Clues were a play on words on the category...mostly revolving about the Founding Fathers....that is Washington, Jefferson not Brooks, Bok etc.

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Do you recall any of the clues?

I recollect one - "Besides Lafayette, the only other college or university with the nickname "Leopards"

ngineer
October 11th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Surfer Dude will not get his uniform dirty - with the possible exception of some cannabis stains. Trust me.

Arthritis in his joints?? (;-)

Bogus Megapardus
October 11th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I recollect one - "Besides Lafayette, the only other college or university with the nickname "Leopards"

Is it one of the Fenway consortium schools?

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2011, 09:16 PM

Yes: Wentworth Institute of Technology - the first and last time you will see that name on here.

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2011, 09:17 PM

Yes: Wentworth Institute of Technology - the first and last time you will see that name on here!

carney2
October 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Personally, I think the "QB controversy" is over. My intuition, honed by years of Frank watching, tells me that Frank will go with O'Neil, the guy who cannot throw, but can think, over Shoop, the guy who can throw but seems to have a lot of trouble with the thinking part. A steady diet of dumps, outs, flats and dinks allows the DBs to squeeze in just a little and makes this offense even less effective.

So much for intuition. The Tuesday report is that Shoop is running number one. No, Bogie, Surfer Dude does not appear to be in the mix.

Apparently no big shakeups or "tryouts" as many expected.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm sticking with O'Niell as the starter... Tavani leaves the decision open somewhat. Maybe he is going to try and catch Yale off guard. I'd start Shoop though... meanwhile, we have two sophs and a frosh starting on OL.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Leopards is a great name! Merchandise sells! And it's adorned by models. I don't see Kate Upton sporting ugly brown garb or Lehigh colors. It's boring when every team in America is named Eagles, Tigers or Hawks.

Franks Tanks
October 12th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Yes: Wentworth Institute of Technology - the first and last time you will see that name on here.

The University of LaVerne (D-III) in California are also the Leopards.

http://img.fanbase.com/media.fanbase.com/8/22511/9a8cadb73e4c6812e629aa8dba7e3513cfd11848.jpg?x=208&y=155&sig=bef129874042f229dfc20e55dfa0e2f8

Twentysix
October 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Temple college also.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Leopards is a great name! Merchandise sells! And it's adorned by models. I don't see Kate Upton sporting ugly brown garb or Lehigh colors.

Seriously. I mean, which would you rather?

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3111/nails.png

carney2
October 12th, 2011, 10:25 AM
OK, OK, we're beautiful losers. We're adorable losers. But we're losers. Back to football.

I will be very surprised if:

McCarney plays on Saturday AND we have any explanation of what is wrong with him.
Eachus gains less than 150.
Georgetown does not win in a laffer.
Fordham looks even as good as an intramural flag football team against Lehigh.
Masella still has a job on Sunday. (Not surprised, really, but you get my point. Why is this man still collecting a check?!)
Bucknell gets within 3 TDs of Harvard.
The Harvard defensive tackles do not get 2 sacks apiece.
Holy Cross does not dispose of the Indians in a methodical, workmanlike fashion. i.e., No surprises.
Lafayette does not play with some "fire" against Yale, but still lose by 2 TDs.
O'Neil does not get the start at QB or at least get the majority of the snaps.
Some wit does not come up with the idea of dropping the Leopards mascot and renaming Taviani's bunch the Lafayette Losers.

Southsider
October 12th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Leopards is a great name! Merchandise sells! And it's adorned by models. I don't see Kate Upton sporting ugly brown garb or Lehigh colors. It's boring when every team in America is named Eagles, Tigers or Hawks.

Wow P4L, a post from you that I actually agree with!

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 11:21 AM
OK, OK, we're beautiful losers. We're adorable losers. But we're losers. Back to football.

I will be very surprised if:

McCarney plays on Saturday AND we have any explanation of what is wrong with him.

Eachus gains less than 150.

Eachus can hand off to himself and they'll still beat Cornell.

Georgetown does not win in a laffer.
In my Hour of Hoya Hatred, I can merely hope that the downward spiral begins now and continues for the duration.

Fordham looks even as good as an intramural flag football team against Lehigh.

Masella still has a job on Sunday. (Not surprised, really, but you get my point. Why is this man still collecting a check?!)
Any other PL coach, including Kevin Kelly, would have done much more with those scholarships by now.

Bucknell gets within 3 TDs of Harvard.

The Harvard defensive tackles do not get 2 sacks apiece.
This might be the shocker of the weekend. Keep in mind, of course, that I am rarely (if ever) correct about such things. The Bison OL concerns me, I admit.

Holy Cross does not dispose of the Indians in a methodical, workmanlike fashion. i.e., No surprises.
The surprise will be Sader87 conceding that it constitutes "football."

Lafayette does not play with some "fire" against Yale, but still lose by 2 TDs.
"Fire" will translate into "effort penalties," ill-advised throws into coverage and QB scrambles that could result in The Surfer Dude having to remove his earphones.

O'Neil does not get the start at QB or at least get the majority of the snaps.
Reading Reinhard between the lines, The Frankosaurous has left a claw in the door here, perhaps waiting for some O'Neil "fire" at practice. Fire could be drenched with (a) ill-advised QB scramble, (b) successive incompletions or (c) 35-3 deficit at the half.

Some wit does not come up with the idea of dropping the Leopards mascot and renaming Taviani's bunch the Lafayette Losers.

See Félins Française, post #23, above.

RichH2
October 12th, 2011, 11:26 AM
:D
Bogie, you have way too much time on your hands today. Obviously true of me also as I am reading all your posts. Ah, the PL be it ever so humble ad nauseum.

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 11:34 AM
:D
Bogie, you have way too much time on your hands today. Obviously true of me also as I am reading all your posts. Ah, the PL be it ever so humble ad nauseum.

Ursus has "The Conference Homer Vote Test" thread. PL Pick 'em always has been "The Conference Humor Vote Test" thread.

RichH2
October 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Yup and then we went to the zoo......

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yup and then we went to the zoo.....

Funny, I was contemplating Bronx Zoo references for next week's Fordham avatars. The one at left could have been one of them, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to use it now.

RichH2
October 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
I am heading up that way for our game with Rose Hill bunch. Board building up a "Tavani" like displeasure with Massella at FU.

Ken_Z
October 12th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I am heading up that way for our game with Rose Hill bunch. Board building up a "Tavani" like displeasure with Massella at FU.

yes, but that is trumped by their PL displeasure. i expect to see a quote like "even Massella could win if we had not joined the Patriot League. it has ruined our program."

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Yup and then we went to the zoo......

I sure hope Kate Upton is there coddling the Leopard... that's what this season has come down to, finding the best leopard outfit for Kate Upton...

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM
finding the best leopard outfit for Kate Upton...

OK, I'll start -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2tOKHU7I2kg/Tcv4zOK6inI/AAAAAAAALRc/lNemb0NuirM/s1600/Kate%2BUpton%2BSexy%2BLeopard%2BOutfit%2B%2540%2BT witter1.jpg

You just can't do a Sports Illustrated cover model in "Ram" or "Mountain Hawk" or "Bison," much less "Crusader" or "Bulldog." Leopard works very nicely. I still think we should market it. After all, Coach Dianne Nolan has been looking quite sporting lately in her Leopard print attire, hasn't she?

ngineer
October 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Hey, of all schools, and who better to dress like a pussy? (;-)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2011, 05:09 PM
For you Patriot League guys, I added a page to LFN that gives the up-to-the-minute scores of Patriot League games of the week:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/football-live-scoreboard.html

It's basically my mobile scoreboard, but on LFN:

I also have a version for all the games of the Top 25:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/fcs-top-25-live-scoreboard.html

Enjoy!

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Regarding Bucknell at Harvard - I watched the Bucknell-Lehigh game on the li'l 'puter last weekend. Particularly in the second half (when he was forced to throw more) Lehigh was getting to Brandon Wesley with a three-man rush. From what I could see, Coach Susan started making adjustments by keeping a TE and a FB/HB in to help with the pass rush. Wesley simply ran out of time and targets at that point, it seemed to me.

How will Bucknell handle those two mammoth DTs that the Crimson have stocked on their line, Josue Ortiz and Nnamdi Obukwelu? Those guys are beasts and reportedly both NFL prospects.

Bogus, your reference in an earlier post to Harvard's "anemic passing attack" suggests that you missed last week's game against Cornell, when Chapple lit up the Big Red for over 400 yards. The Crimson receivers are quite good, with Lorditch and Sarkisian (among others) performing well. Scales has been inconsistent. Bucknell is no pushover, but I see Harvard celebrating its 375th birthday with a ten-point win. 27-17 sounds about right.xpeacex

TheValleyRaider
October 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Bogus, your reference in an earlier post to Harvard's "anemic passing attack" suggests that you missed last week's game against Cornell, when Chapple lit up the Big Red for over 400 yards.

Big whoop. Cornell stinks xcoolx :p

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hey, of all schools, and who better to dress like a pussy? (;-)

Hey, of all schools, and who better to dress like *****?

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Bogus, your reference in an earlier post to Harvard's "anemic passing attack" suggests that you missed last week's game against Cornell, when Chapple lit up the Big Red for over 400 yards. The Crimson receivers are quite good, with Lorditch and Sarkisian (among others) performing well. Scales has been inconsistent. Bucknell is no pushover, but I see Harvard celebrating its 375th birthday with a ten-point win. 27-17 sounds about right.xpeacex

Perhaps not anemic, but a tad sallow for sure. I just can't see Colton Chapple (I still can't get over that name) putting up those numbers against the Bucknell Blundering Nerd.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2011, 07:05 PM
OK, I'll start -

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-2tOKHU7I2kg/Tcv4zOK6inI/AAAAAAAALRc/lNemb0NuirM/s1600/Kate%2BUpton%2BSexy%2BLeopard%2BOutfit%2B%2540%2BT witter1.jpg

You just can't do a Sports Illustrated cover model in "Ram" or "Mountain Hawk" or "Bison," much less "Crusader" or "Bulldog." Leopard works very nicely. I still think we should market it. After all, Coach Dianne Nolan has been looking quite sporting lately in her Leopard print attire, hasn't she?

There we go! Are you sneaking around dressing rooms to get that shot??

Bogus Megapardus
October 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM

It's a tough choice. There's so much you can do with either one . . .

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9287/decisions.png

van
October 12th, 2011, 08:01 PM
It's a tough choice. There's so much you can do with either one . . .

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9287/decisions.png

Boogie, u got way to much time on ur hands.

Sader87
October 12th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Who are we playing again this week?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 12th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Who are we playing again this week?

An old rival from the "Big Time" days....

Sader87
October 12th, 2011, 08:16 PM
An old rival from the "Big Time" days....

I'm (just) old enough to remember seeing Dartmouth come to Fitton in 1970 when the Indians were ranked in the Top 20...yes, THAT Top 20 the one with Ohio St, Alabama et. al.....it wasn't pretty, you can look up the score on your own if you'd like.

heath
October 12th, 2011, 09:03 PM
If Lehigh goes 9-2 and finishes 2nd to another PL team,do they get an at large bid? Finish 10-1,do you guys get a buy?

crusader11
October 12th, 2011, 09:11 PM
A 9-2 Lehigh team is absolutely in. They'd rank around 10-12 in the country if I had to guess, and with the playoff field expanding, that is definitely good enough for an at large. It especially helps that the CAA is having a down year with W&M and Richmond both struggling (UMASS being ineligible too).

DFW HOYA
October 12th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Unless things really go off the rails for the Engineers, PL still looks to be a one-bid league.

ngineer
October 12th, 2011, 10:55 PM

And luvin' it...but tis better than eating it as others do! But dat's a turd opinion...(;-)

ngineer
October 12th, 2011, 10:57 PM

No, that's the Laughyette dressing room..I think that's the Tight End....(;-)

Bogus Megapardus
October 13th, 2011, 09:18 AM

Nope - Tavani has hired Kate as a "motivational speaker." Only if we win, though . . . .

RichH2
October 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
She can talk too.A multifaceted girl

carney2
October 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM
A note to LFN:

You frequently state that Lafayette will fall in line on the scholarship issue or almost anything football because they won't let their chief rival get away from them. I urge you to check the last dozen or so posts on the Lafayette board in the Yale Pregame Thread and then tell me that you are still harboring that thought.

Ain't true, lad.

RichH2
October 13th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Carney, I ve read the thread on LC board. Truly a depressing read. It is certain that given Weiss' redistribution of aid away from football, the real issue is not merit aid but rather will LC get back to 40+ equivalencies in the next decade and will they ever get to counter status?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM
carney, I posted a long response on your referred thread on the Lafayette board. Let's just say I don't totally buy the theories being stated there.

Leopard Loyalist
October 13th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Back to predictions:

Cornell @ COLGATE
GEORGETOWN @ Howard
LEHIGH @ FORDHAM
BUCKNELL @ Harvard
Dartmouth @ HOLY CROSS
Yale @ LAFAYETTE

4-1 last week; 26-8 for the season

Fordhamanhattan
October 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Rams of Fordham shock the Patriot League (and me) by routing thew once Engineers
The Hoya wins
Colgate wins bragging rights for upstate New York
The Crimson tames the Bison
The Cross over the once Indians
The Eli ruffles the Leopards spots.

carney2
October 13th, 2011, 02:35 PM
carney, I posted a long response on your referred thread on the Lafayette board. Let's just say I don't totally buy the theories being stated there.

I have read your post and I think you are smoking funny smelling cigarettes. There is no athletic positive rationale for what's been done. No one is positioning the institution for Title IX compliance and/or the advent of scholarships. The available financial aid was simply reapportioned to the more politically correct ideals of the 21st century academy. The 2,000 pound gorilla was put on a diet so that others might feast.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2011, 10:27 PM
24-10 Overall, 4-1 last week,

Georgetown 27 Howard 14 - Hoyas complete a solid non conference season...

Colgate 31 Cornell 21 - Raiders continue to improve..

Harvard 34 Bucknell 17 - Crimson too tough in Cambridge

Holy Cross 24 Dartmouth 21- Crusaders eek out a win.

Yale 28 Lafayette 17 - Witt is the difference maker.

Lehigh 27 Fordham 10 - Barket, Sherman and the D control the game on a blustery fall day in the Bronx.

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2011, 10:33 PM
The sick thing is we are still in the PL race.

ngineer
October 13th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Forecast for Saturday on the East Coast is very windy. Could have an effect on the passing attacks, especially that of Lehigh. A good opportunity to work on the ground game, but could make things, in the sense of the Greek curse, 'interesting'l. *

*The Greek curse is: "May you live in interesting times."

Bogus Megapardus
October 13th, 2011, 11:58 PM
What the Professionals Think:

Colgate (-7.5) vs Cornell o/u 53.5

Georgetown (-9.5) at Howard o/u 50.5

Lehigh (-23.5) at Fordham o/u 46.5

Harvard (-15.5) vs Bucknell o/u 43.5

Holy Cross (-14.5) vs Dartmouth o/u 40.5

Yale (-3) at Lafayette o/u 39.5

Brown (-21.5) vs Princeton o/u 42.5

Penn (-10.5) at Columbia o/u 52.5

Other Games of Interest:

New Hampshire (-6.5) at William & Mary o/u 46.5

Delaware (-11.5) vs Massachusetts o/u 48.5

Maine (-20.5) vs Rhode Island o/u 50.5

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2011, 12:38 AM

Other Games of Interest:

Sweet Mercy, I may become a betting man just to bet on Yale this weekend!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2011, 06:24 AM

Other Games of Interest:

The Lehigh-Fordham spread is too high given the weather forecast. Same for Brown and Princeton.

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2011, 07:22 AM
The only overnight change in the lines is Harvard/Bucknell is down to 9 from 9.5. Yale/Lafayette remains at 3.

I thought that Delaware/UMass line was interesting, and Yale/Lafayette seems to be going on stats vs common opponents rather than records or an understanding of Frankology. I'd swap the numbers on those two games. Everything else looks about right.

CrusaderBob
October 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Another 4 -1 week for me.

Brings me to 25 - 9 on the season.

COLGATE
GEORGETOWN
LEHIGH
Harvard
HOLY CROSS
Yale

Pard4Life
October 14th, 2011, 08:50 PM
If anyone wants to know what to expect for the Yale game tmrw night... go outside now. Thats what I call fall! And the latest night game in the season for us, ever.

ngineer
October 14th, 2011, 09:21 PM
If anyone wants to know what to expect for the Yale game tmrw night... go outside now. Thats what I call fall! And the latest night game in the season for us, ever.

Whoa, your game is at night?! That'll learn ya. With the wind, the chill factor could be approaching freezing.

Pard4Life
October 14th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Remember, this was done to increase attendance.

ngineer
October 14th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Remember, this was done to increase attendance.

Where, at the poetry reading at Colton Chapel?

Sader87
October 14th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Suck it up....Massachusetts high schools play night football games in December.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Colgate 27, Cornell 23

Harvard 31, Bucknell 17

Holy Cross 32, Dartmouth 14

Yale 28, Lafayette 16

Lehigh 40. Fordham 13

Georgetown 24, Howard 20

CrusaderBob
October 14th, 2011, 10:25 PM

Just stepped outside.

60 F
Cloudy
Light but gusty wind out of the North/northeast

What's the big deal?? Sounds like great football weather to me! :D

ngineer
October 14th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Suck it up....Massachusetts high schools play night football games in December.

It's not the players I worry about. The geezers in the stands are a different story.

Bogus Megapardus
October 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I just went outside to walk the dogs. Brisk wind blowing, but clear and bright. Perfect football weather for Patriot League games everywhere. I'll be at Fisher tomorrow evening no matter what.

Sader87 need not apply, of course.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2011, 10:27 AM
You can check my live, auto-updating, live scoreboard at:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/p/football-live-scoreboard.html

And here are my picks:

Lehigh 34, Fordham 6: http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/10/game-preview-lehigh-at-fordham-10152011.html

Colgate 28, Cornell 24: The one-trick pony will win the game for the Raiders, but McCarneys (extremely probable) absence will have a much greater impact than people think.

Harvard 35, Bucknell 3: I just don't see the Bison exploiting turnovers enough to make this a game.

Holy Cross 24, Dartmouth 16: Just a hunch. The Big Green play the Crusaders tough every year, no matter the record.

Howard 19, Georgetown 16: Another hunch that DFW's observation of the Hoya's "October Swoon" is real - and Howard's better than people think.

Yale 23, Lafayette 0: The long season continues for the Leopards.