PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Vigil tonight for the Chattanooga Mocs

App-a-latch-un
October 8th, 2011, 04:58 PM
I mean.........damn.

Milktruck74
October 8th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Maybe candles this year, but the future is bright.

App-a-latch-un
October 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
No doubt

oldsouthernman
October 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Maybe candles this year, but the future is bright.

Without question! How many fresh and soph are on our first 44? Probably 28 or more I would guess. Russ has and is recruiting very well. Robinson and Jacob Huesman running the spread in 2012-2015. Nick Davidson will be back(out with knee injury since Jax State) along with our transfer from Navy and we will have two 290 pouns studs to anchor our defense. We also will get back our 230 pound starting tailback Keon Williams. The future looks very bright.

asumike83
October 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I have never seen a team take as many tough losses in a 2-year span as UT-C has the last 2 seasons. Hang in there, that Robinson kid looks legit.

seantaylor
October 8th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I honestly could not understand why we couldn't adjust. Robinson, while a pretty good runner, doesn't have elite speed or quickness. Our DE's were out of position all day long and unprepared.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 8th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I mean.........damn.

No doubt Chatty is the best team with a losing record. Reminds of me '08 when GSU lost to the 3 best teams in the conference by a combined total of 4 points...

App-a-latch-un
October 8th, 2011, 05:32 PM
If they make it to the playoffs, they could make a run for sure.

Milktruck74
October 9th, 2011, 09:11 AM
If they make it to the playoffs, they could make a run for sure.

Possible, not probable... Chatty has the tools to win every remaining game, but the planets have to align.

As a fan, I want wins NOW, but I also very pleased with the way Coach Huesman is building the program. We had the opportunity to go to the Jucos and take a bunch of problem transfers as a quick fix, but he chose to win in the class room and take care of the APR issues and recruit quality talent. The attempt to quick fix Chatty has been an issue going all the way back to the 80s. They have shown glimpses of turning things around, but quickly falter.....Russ is doing it right and I'll take another 6-5 playoff miss, knowing what the future holds.

SideLine Shooter
October 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Possible, not probable... Chatty has the tools to win every remaining game, but the planets have to align.

As a fan, I want wins NOW, but I also very pleased with the way Coach Huesman is building the program. We had the opportunity to go to the Jucos and take a bunch of problem transfers as a quick fix, but he chose to win in the class room and take care of the APR issues and recruit quality talent. The attempt to quick fix Chatty has been an issue going all the way back to the 80s. They have shown glimpses of turning things around, but quickly falter.....Russ is doing it right and I'll take another 6-5 playoff miss, knowing what the future holds.

UTC just has to figure out how to close the deal.

Eagle22
October 9th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I have never seen a team take as many tough losses in a 2-year span as UT-C has the last 2 seasons. Hang in there, that Robinson kid looks legit.

You must have not followed GSU during the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

In 2007, we lost three games by a total of twelve points (including two OT losses), then followed that up in 2008 by losing three games by a total of four points, and a fourth by just ten points. It happens.

Chattanooga and GSU have both suffered from the same thing during their respective periods of close, tough losses .... reduced scholarships due to APR sanctions, and coaching changes.

Both are starting to exit the tunnel though ..... and both have a lot of youngsters playing.