PDA

View Full Version : Norfolk State at Delaware State, Mr. C's Game Thread

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
DOVER, DE. — As I pulled into the parking lot at Alumni Stadium on the campus of Delaware State on Saturday morning, I couldn't believe how quiet things were.

Sure, it was over two hours before game time, but the silence in the air didn't relate to the scenes I had witnessed on my other visits here, or to my experience of seeing Delaware State take on Delaware in that historic 2007 first-round playoff game in Newark, DE., just an hour down Highway 1.

I remember a raucous crowd showing up for a Thursday night ESPNU television game in 2008 against Florida A&M, a game where the Hornets won in an overtime thriller. I still have that game tucked away on my DVR at home.

Senior quarterback Vashon Winton scored four touchdowns, the last one coming on a six-yard bootleg run in overtime to lift DSU to a 35-28 victory over the Joe Taylor-coached Rattlers.

I also recall a 2007 showdown that Delaware State had with Norfolk State — today's opponent — for the MEAC championship. The Spartans controlled the game for the better part of three quarters before the Hornets rallied from a couple of scores down to tie it in the final seconds and won 28-21 in overtime.

But a lot has transpired since that 2007 MEAC title game.

The DSU program that coach Al Lavan had built to championship stature has disintegrated and the Hornets (2-3, 0-2) are back in rebuilding mode under former Winston-Salem State coach Kermit Blount, in his first season in Dover.

Norfolk State (4-1, 2-0), meanwhile, has continued to make slow, yet steady strides and announced itself, playing virtually even with West Virginia in the first half of a Sept. 10 game and then stunning two-time defending MEAC champion South Carolina State, 17-14, last Saturday at home.

I am here in Dover today to get an eyes-on look at the Spartans.

With teams going in opposite directions, it might not be the most competitive of games. But then again, my other two games here at Alumni Stadium have ended in overtime, so you never know.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 10:59 AM
This 1 p.m. Eastern contest is game one of another doubleheader for me today. I'll be heading down the road this evening to watch Towson host Richmond in a CAA battle.

As always, please feel free to post comments and questions. It always is more interesting to blog when you are interacting with other FCS fans.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 11:10 AM
16174....AH'M...LOOKIN' FO' NORF-FOLK STATE....TA BE AS FLAT AS UH...I-HOP BREAKFAST....HAVIN' SPENT...X-TRA ENER-GEN-EE....PULLIN' ONE OVERAH DUH CAROLINAH DAWGS......COMIN' UP TA DUH FIRST STATE.....&...PLAYIN' IN DAT BBQ PIT...O' UH STADIUM.......DUH HAPLESS HORNETS.....MAY..STRAP ON DEY'RE STINGERS.....HEY SPARTANS......BRING...ANY OINTMENT......xconfusedx......BRAWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
NSU and DSU have played some memorable games here over the years. I'm right next to the home radio broadcast and they are talking in the pre-game about the wild finish here in monsoon-like conditions, where Delaware State pulled out a 21-16 at the end. In 2007, Norfolk State was ahead 21-3 in the fourth quarter before the Hornets rallied to win. WR Shaheer McBride literally was sidelined for the game with an ankle injury and snuck back into the lineup without the coaches knowing to catch one of the TDs during the comeback.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 11:59 AM
The atmosphere finally arrived on the wings of the Delaware State Approaching Storm marching band. With the drums blazing, the band directed by Randolph J. Johnson immediately grabbed the attention of the late-arriving crowd.

Norfolk State won the toss and deferred possession to the second half, so the red-clad Delaware State Hornets will get the ball first.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:01 PM
DSU fumbled the opening kickoff and will begin the opening possession on its own 11-yard line.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:04 PM
TE Ryan Langdon made a nice catch after a play-action fake from QB Nick Elko for 9 yards and the Hornets earned a first down a play later at the 24. But Elko was hit on a blitz on the next down and fumbled after a hit by NSU OLB Hasan Craig. The ball was recovered by the Hornets after a scramble at the DSU 4.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Fair catch for Norfolk State at its own 34, where the Spartans will take over with 11:28 left in the first periof.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:08 PM
58 YD. RUN..........TD......NORFOLK ST....7-0.......AWK!

2 PLAYS...66 YDS..AN' DUH SCORE!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
On the second play from scrimmage, NSU faked a speed sweep and then ran a delay to FB Takeem Hedgeman, who picked up a block from WR Xavier Boyce and raced 58 yards for a touchdown. It is 7-0 NSU with 10:49 left after a 66-yard drive.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
58 YD. RUN..........TD......NORFOLK ST....7-0.......AWK!

Are you in the Alumni Stadium House, Mr. Chicken? Or is there a clandestine TV signal coming into Newark?

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
It might be early, but I am already impressed with the analysis of the two DSU radio broadcasters. As a side note, Mr. C will be doing some radio of his own at halftime on the Norfolk State broadcast.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Hasan Craig shout down an Elko scramble up the middle to put an end to DSU's second drive near midfield. NSU has it again after a punt to the Spartan 21 with 7:46 left in the quarter.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Are you in the Alumni Stadium House, Mr. Chicken? Or is there a clandestine TV signal coming into Newark?

PICKIN' UP DUH VIBES.....ON WWTX-1290 COMPUTER STREAM.......AWK!

RESTIN' UP FO' DUH ...#9 WM & MARY/ #13 HENS...HEAD-BANGER....BRAWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Xavier Boyce looks like he can be a good weapon in the NSU attack. Boyce made a nice catch and run to give the Spartans a first down at their own 41.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:19 PM
PICKIN' UP DUH VIBES.....ON WWTX-1290 COMPUTER STREAM.......AWK!

RESTIN' UP FO' DUH WM & MARY/HENS...HEAD-BANGER....BRAWK!

I nearly planned to go to the Tub this evening, but decided to go for the Towson-Richmond game instead. Didn't know if I could handle two weeks in a row of watching the Tribe, or another week of handling a seat next to the Delaware Stadium press box rest room.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:20 PM
DSU has it back at its 21 after an NSU punt with less than five minutes remaining in the first period. Still 7-0 NSU.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:22 PM
And we have our first flag of the day, a holding call on a Hornet option play. Hopefully, there will not be many penalties. That is unlikely with the infamous MEAC female referee leading today's crew.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
NSU has the ball back after a punt at its own 45 with 2:19 left in the first period.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:25 PM
C'MON C........YER CRAVIN' CRAB CAKES..............;)....AWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
A roughing the passer call after a completion pushes the ball to the DSU 38 for the Spartans.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:26 PM
C'MON C........YER CRAVIN' CRAB CAKES..............;)....AWK!
That would be nice. Actually, crab legs are Mr. C's favorite food. Remember that at the next UD tailgate.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Chris Walley got out of trouble with his feet and completed a pass to FB Joe Hawkins at the DSU 12. Nice play. But a holding call on first down is going to set the Spartans back to the 22.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
A nice play fake and pump fake from Walley resulted in a wide-open TD pass to Victor Hairston in the end zone. 14-0 NSU with 28 seconds still left in the first stanza.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:31 PM
14-0 SPARTANS........MAY AS WELL HEAD TA D-DOWNS.....PLAYS SOME CARDS....BANDITS.....WHEEL....HIT DUH ICE BAR/HAVE UH COKE (YER DRIVIN')...AWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:33 PM
It looked like a deep post pattern on a play fake might result in a big play for DSU, but NSU safety DeVonte Reynolds got away with either a grab of the jersey, or the dreadlocks to keep the Hornet receiver from catching the ball. No flags, but there should have been. DSU will punt for the fourth time in the first period with the clock running out.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM
A 30-yard punt return for the Spartans is wiped out by holding as the first period ends.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 8th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Excellent work here Mr. C and I'm looking forward to the Towson/Richmond thread as well.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:35 PM
The Spartans may be playing a shell-shocked Hornet team, but they are good as advertised thus far.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Excellent work here Mr. C and I'm looking forward to the Towson/Richmond thread as well.

That should be an interesting game. We will know after tonight if the Tigers are for real. I also will enjoy getting to see Richmond QB Aaron Corp in person. Could be a great QB duel tonight.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Speaking of QBs, you have to be impressed with the skills of NSU's Chris Walley.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Where's the best crab legs in Baltimore? xconfusedx Time for Mr. C. to get a headstart to there... xlolx

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:38 PM
14-0 SPARTANS........MAY AS WELL HEAD TA D-DOWNS.....PLAYS SOME CARDS....BANDITS.....WHEEL....HIT DUH ICE BAR/HAVE UH COKE (YER DRIVIN')...AWK!

Do you know when to hold them and when to fold them?

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Randy Maynes showed some tough running to get the ball down to the DSU six.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:40 PM
KEEP YER EYE ON TRE GRAY.....HOW HE GOES...SO GOES..DUH ARACHNIDS!

MR. CHICKEN
21-ZIP!

Mr. C
Great call on a QB draw allows Walley to score from the six. 21-0 Norfolk State with 11:41 left in the second period. Ryan Estep, currently leading the NCAA in most micking categories, is showing a tremendous leg.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:41 PM
KEEP YER EYE ON TRE GRAY.....HOW HE GOES...SO GOES..DUH ARACHNIDS!

Tre Gray is a good one, when the Spidies can get him the ball.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Do you know when to hold them and when to fold them?

OOM-HOOM!...JES' LIKE DUH HORNETS!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Where's the best crab legs in Baltimore? xconfusedx Time for Mr. C. to get a headstart to there... xlolx

The best, sweetest crabs I've ever eaten in my life was at a place just on the other side of Chesapeake Bay (Maryland Eastern Shore) about 20 years ago. They served stuff on paper towels under a patio. Scrummy.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM
OOM-HOOM!...JES' LIKE DUH HORNETS!

I'm your straight man.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:47 PM
DSU fumble is recovered by NSU at the Hornet 30. Delaware State is in trouble again.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
A near interception falls incomplete, but DSU is flagged for pass interference.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 12:48 PM
The best, sweetest crabs I've ever eaten in my life was at a place just on the other side of Chesapeake Bay (Maryland Eastern Shore) about 20 years ago. They served stuff on paper towels under a patio. Scrummy.

WOODY'S?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
When Lehigh gets sent to Towson in the FCS playoffs, I'll have to go there! xlolx

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Boyce makes a great catch on a fade in the end zone, but it was ruled out of bounds.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
DSU held inside the 10 and Estep is on for the 24-yard field goal. The left-footed kicker is 13-of-13 on FGAs and it is 24-0 with 7:51 left in the half.

MR. CHICKEN
WALLEY'S WORLD!

superman7515

The Crab Deck at Fisherman's Inn in Kent Narrows?

http://www.crabdeck.com/images/crabdeck-photo0311.jpg

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Sorry to tell you this, Mr. Chicken, but Chick-fil-A was on the menu for the pre-game meal at Alumni Stadium today.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM

Is it just over the bridge on the Maryland Eastern Shore?

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:55 PM
WALLEY'S WORLD!

Indeed. This kid may be the best QB in FCS that people have never heard of.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Holy cow, that looks tasty.

superman7515
October 8th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, headed to the eastern shore, it's almost right after you get across the Bay Bridge on the left hand side on the waterfront.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
NSU's Victor Hairston made a dangerous grab of a bouncing punt from DSU QB Nick Elko, but pulled it off. The Spartans are in business again at their own 43.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, headed to the eastern shore, it's almost right after you get across the Bay Bridge on the left hand side on the waterfront.

That would seem to be the place. Best crab ever. Dinner may be calling.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
The Hornets should be credited for still playing hard. DSU forced a three and out with 4:43 left in the half.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM
LEHIGH 17
BUCKNELL O........4MIN. LEFT IN HALF

NEW HAMPSHIRE 34
VILLANOVA 10...........9 MIN. LEFT IN 3RD

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2011, 01:01 PM
And Lehigh's.... just scored another TD. Make that 24-0.

Er, 23-0. The XP was blocked.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
When Lehigh gets sent to Towson in the FCS playoffs, I'll have to go there! xlolx

By then, Lehigh might be seeded. Towson might have to come to Goodman Stadium.

How does Bucknell look against the Engineering Hawks?

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:02 PM
LEHIGH 17
BUCKNELL O........4MIN. LEFT IN HALF

NEW HAMPSHIRE 34
VILLANOVA 10...........9 MIN. LEFT IN 3RD

I'm glad I'm anywhere but Cowell Stadium today. Yuck, I can smell those cow pastures from Delaware.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:03 PM

ANY-BODAH GOT AN' ABACUS...xconfusedx...AWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:04 PM

Er, 23-0. The XP was blocked.

Typical Lehigh kickers.

Harvard, BTW, is in a struggle with Cornell. The Crimson leads 20-17 at halftime.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
HERE'S ONE.....NORFF CAROLINA A&T...5.......BETHUNE-COOKMAN...3.........3 MIN LEFT IN 1ST........AWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:07 PM
ANY-BODAH GOT AN' ABACUS...xconfusedx...AWK!

My daughters and I took a side trip to Christy Mathewson Stadium on the way back from the Pennsylvania 4-A High School softball championships in June (after watching daughter No. 1's Hatboro-Horsham High School team win the state title at Penn State).

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
HERE'S ONE.....NORFF CAROLINA A&T...5.......BETHUNE-COOKMAN...3.........3 MIN LEFT IN 1ST........AWK!

The Wildcats need a three-run dinger. Is Ben Francisco busy today?

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:08 PM
DEL STATE SCORE......BRAWK!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
TD pass for Delaware State, 15-yard hook-up from Elko to Justin Wilson to make it 24-7 NSU with 36 seconds left in the half.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:10 PM
The Wildcats need a three-run dinger. Is Ben Francisco busy today?

That's right, the Phillies are beginning their vacation today.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Halftime, Norfolk State 24, Delaware State 7.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:13 PM
MERCIFULLY.....HALF-TIME!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:31 PM
MERCIFULLY.....HALF-TIME!

Was the Big Chicken needing a bathroom break?

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM
AH DIDN'T WANNA DO....TA MAH SHORTS......AS DUH HORNETS DID....AWQ!

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I had a fun time on the halftime show of the Norfolk State broadcast with Matt Michalec and company. We talked about NSU's playmakers, the surprises around FCS thus far this season and about what to look for the rest of the regular season. Getting to do radio shows is one of the more fun parts of this job.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:34 PM
AH DIDN'T WANNA DO....TA MAH SHORTS......AS DUH HORNETS DID....AWQ!

That may be the first time anyone has discussed such a subject in the history of AGS.

MR. CHICKEN
October 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM
MR.C ENJOY....SAFE DRIVE TA TOWSON......GOTTAH GO GET MAH GAME FACE ON.......OVERAH & OUTTAH HEEEEEEEEERRRRRE!

Mr. C
Second half is underway, with NSU moving the ball to the DSU 49 early on.

Mr. C
NSU 235 yards of total offense in the first half to 144 for Delaware State.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM
MR.C ENJOY....SAFE DRIVE TA TOWSON......GOTTAH GO GET MAH GAME FACE ON.......OVERAH & OUTTAH HEEEEEEEEERRRRRE!

You will be missed, Mr. Chicken. Have fun at the Tub tonight and say hi to Jimmye Laycock for me.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Walley makes a nice pass between layers of the DSU zone to Derrick Demps all the way down to the Hornet 5.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Walley averted a sack with a throw-away, but was called intentional grounding.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joe Hawkins just made one of the most spectacular catches you will ever see to get the ball to the one on third down, nearly reaching the ball over the goal line as he was falling to the ground. It's fourth and goal and NSU called a time out to set up this play.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 8th, 2011, 01:43 PM
It's amazing how, in the MEAC, there's B-CU, SCSU, and now Norfolk State... and then, there's everyone else.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Walley fumbled the ball on a handoff from a power-I formation and the ball goes over on downs. It is only the second time that NSU has been stopped without points in the red zone this year. 24-7 NSU with 11 minutes left in the third period.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:46 PM
It's amazing how, in the MEAC, there's B-CU, SCSU, and now Norfolk State... and then, there's everyone else.

I dare say that Hampton is pretty good, too. NSU SID Matt Michalec and I were discussing how that, with expansion, not everyone plays everyone this year in the league. B-CU probably has the toughest schedule, while South Carolina State avoids playing Hampton this season. Florida A&M was a team I thought had the potential to be a top-25 team this season, but the Rattlers have been an enigma this season.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:51 PM
One of the best things about FCS is the relationships you are able to build around the country. I bumped into an old friend today at Delaware State named Harry Williams. Harry and his wife and my wife and I used to work together on the Grandfather Mountain Marathon in Linville, N.C. Our children used to play together and even were in kindergarden together. Harry is a former track athlete at Appalachian State and later worked in the ASU admissions office. He now is the chancellor at Delaware State and is doing a great job of bringing stability around the Dover, DE. campus.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:52 PM
A play after dropping a potential TD pass on a bomb, Justin Wilson hauled in an Elko pass to give the Hornets a first down at the NSU 16.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Elko was forced to scramble out of bounds at the 13 to set up a field goal attempt of 30 yards for Mitchell Ward. The kick was low and was blocked with 7:45 left in the third period. NSU's secondary did a great job in the red zone to keep DSU out of the end zone.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 01:58 PM
A very hard and late hit by DSU on Walley completely off the white boundary was flagged for a personal foul and gives NSU a first down at the Hornet 39.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
NSU used several WR screens on a drive to score again. Boyce turned the final screen into a TD pass to make it 31-7 with 3:36 left in the third period and probably provided a knockout punch.

WileECoyote06
October 8th, 2011, 02:04 PM

Before it was FAMU, A & T, Hampton and everyone else. Things are cyclical. BTW, NCCU up on SCSU 24 - 21 at the half.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
After forcing a fumble, DSU is on the move in NSU territory as the final quarter begins.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:16 PM
TD pass for DSU. 31-14 Spartans, 14:44 left.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Before it was FAMU, A & T, Hampton and everyone else. Things are cyclical. BTW, NCCU up on SCSU 24 - 21 at the half.

My man Henry Frazier will get NCCU into the thick of things before long. Maybe today can be a signature win for the Eagles. Anyone who turns around Prairie View is capable of turning around ANY program. Look out for Rod Broadway's program (as NCCU fans know) at NCAT as well.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:21 PM
A diving tackle at the DSU 35 saves a long TD as Xavier Boyce was on the move again. Great blocking on the screen plays for the Spartans.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
They must be using Canadian Football League rules in the Montana-Western at North Dakota game today (UND is practically in Canada). ESPN has the score at 4-0 in the second quarter with a field goal and a rouge for the visitors.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:25 PM
NSU's long-range kicker Everett Goldberg missed a 47-yard field goal with 11:30 to play.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
DSU is threatening again with a first and goal at the 10.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM
TD pass from Elko to Darius Jackson for 10 yards. 31-21 with 7:40 left after the extra point was partially blocked, but still trickled over the crossbar.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:36 PM
The seniors on this Norfolk State squad probably remember the last two times that Delaware State pulled off comebacks here in 2007 and 2009.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Nice kickoff return for Victor Hairston to the NSU 45.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Just like the first series of the game, Takeem Hedgemen turned a simple play on first down into big yards, rumbling inside for 32 yards. He is over the 100-yard mark today.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Penalties are setting the Spartans back now. Third and 20 from the 33 after a questionable out of bounds call on an NSU receiver.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:41 PM
NSU is going to try a punt now from the 34 on fourth down.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Touchback gives the Hornets the ball at the DSU 20 with 4:58 remaining.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Sack artist Chad Battles gets a sack on first down after a play-action play.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Marcus Copperwood jumped a route on a long out across the field for an interception at the DSU 18.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:44 PM
First and goal at the five after a Hedgman run.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hedgeman bursts through for a TD from the five to make it NSU 38, DSU 21 with three minutes left.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:49 PM
Another interception off Elko for Norfolk State should bring this one to an end with 2:12 left.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Nico Flores is in at QB for Walley on the final drive and the Spartans are down to the DSU 26 as the final seconds run down.

Mr. C
October 8th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Final Score: Norfolk State 38, Delaware State 21. I had the Spartans in my top-25 last week and will probably move them up a bit this week after seeing them in person. Norfolk State clearly looks like the team to beat in the MEAC this season. You have to give Delaware State a lot of credit for playing hard to the final whistle as well.