PDA

View Full Version : Western Montana @ North Dakota

darell1976
October 7th, 2011, 04:44 PM
http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

Coming off their biggest win of the season, the Fighting Sioux (3-2) return home to take on the Montana Western Bulldogs (1-4). The Sioux moved up to #20 in the FCS Coaches Poll and were just outside the Top 25 in a couple others. Game time is set for 1pm at the Alerus Center. The game can be seen through the fightingsioux.com website.

GO SIOUX!!

patund
October 7th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I will be glad when this type of game is off the schedule. Go UND.

darell1976
October 7th, 2011, 05:09 PM
I will be glad when this type of game is off the schedule. Go UND.

I hear you. We have SD Mines next year but 2013 is a full DI schedule.

LakesBison
October 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM
omg, this has to be the most embarassing thread on ags. i cant stop laughing.

DJKyR0
October 7th, 2011, 08:13 PM
omg, this has to be the most embarassing thread on ags. i cant stop laughing.

OK dude, I like making fun of UND and their terrible schedule as much as anyone, but you're starting to make NDSU fans look ignorant. We're trying to disabuse the internet of the stupid Bison fan stereotype that Lakes and JBB worked so hard to cultivate and this isn't helping. Let the foot off the gas pedal there, shooter.

LakesBison
October 7th, 2011, 08:19 PM
dude, i can laugh all i want they are the ones trying to be relevant. I dont know what your talking about carry on.

Thundar
October 7th, 2011, 08:26 PM
OK dude, I like making fun of UND and their terrible schedule as much as anyone, but you're starting to make NDSU fans look ignorant. We're trying to disabuse the internet of the stupid Bison fan stereotype that Lakes and JBB worked so hard to cultivate and this isn't helping. Let the foot off the gas pedal there, shooter.

Good luck man!!!

darell1976
October 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Hopefully UND can get out of this game with little or no injuries as possible, and with no game next week they shouldn't be overlooking this game. With UND's great special teams I predict a block punt and a block FG. Backups should be in after halftime if all goes as planned.

FarSouthBison
October 8th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Not so sure you should be flying that Big Sky Banner yet.

semobison
October 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
dude, i can laugh all i want they are the ones trying to be relevant. I dont know what your talking about carry on.

Ok, we understand your just a frosh, but at least get your butt up and make it to your English 101 class!

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 01:22 PM
MW-48 yd FG

MW 3
UND 0 7:05 1Q

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 01:40 PM
UND blocked a MW FG.

End of 1

MW 3
UND 0

Muss needs to get the troops fired up.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
TD Sioux

UND 7
MW 3 13:00 2Q

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 02:01 PM
TD Sioux

UND 14
MW 3 6:32 2Q

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 02:10 PM
TD SIOUX!!

UND 21
MW 3 2:25 2Q

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Halftime

MW 6
UND 21

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:27 PM
4th Qtr

Sioux 42
MW 6

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 03:33 PM
I'm loving the banter on here. The win over the T-birds last week will probably be the only good win for the Sioux for the whole season. The Yotes take them down big time today.

Go South Dakota! Go Coyotes! Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL alot.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM
FG-MW

8:16 left

UND 42
MW 9

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm loving the banter on here. The win over the T-birds last week will probably be the only good win for the Sioux for the whole season. The Yotes take them down big time today.

Go South Dakota! Go Coyotes! Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL alot.

Don't forget USD goes to Grand Forks, and UND has only lost to USD 5 times since 1989!!

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Don't forget USD goes to Grand Forks, and UND has only lost to USD 5 times since 1989!!

UND won't be in the running for the championship that day so they will be trying to spoil it for the Yotes. That won't happen. It's a new day now and the past does not matter. USD is clearly ahead of UND at this point in the transition. It's too bad the Coyotes are not playoff eligible this season. Nobody would be lining up to play them especially in DangerLand. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
UND won't be in the running for the championship that day so they will be trying to spoil it for the Yotes. That won't happen. It's a new day now and the past does not matter. USD is clearly ahead of UND at this point in the transition. It's too bad the Coyotes are not playoff eligible this season. Nobody would be lining up to play them especially in DangerLand. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you figure? Because you beat Minnesota?

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Sioux win 42-9!!!!!!

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 03:57 PM
How about Eastern Washington? The game was not really close.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 03:58 PM
How about Eastern Washington? The game was not really close.

Because of that win USD is clearly ahead??

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Exactly!

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Exactly!

That 1 win against a team that is now 1-4, makes you clearly ahead. And UND beat a team ranked also that is still ranked today. But is still very far behind USD. UND is 2-1 against USD in the transition period, so I wouldn't go boasting about playoffs and being so far ahead of UND. Who else has USD beaten....Lindenwood and NW Ok state. So USD is 1-2 vs DI opponents and UND is 2-2 vs DI opponents. Yep very far ahead.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Me likee the Yotiee-Sue smack in this thread.

Carry on.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Me likee the Yotiee-Sue smack in this thread.

Carry on.

Different change of pace. Kinda like seeing a NDSU-UNI or NDSU-EWU smack.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Yea, This is fun! How did UND do against the Yotes last season?

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:19 PM
Yea, This is fun! How did UND do against the Yotes last season?

I just poined out that UND has lost to South Dakota 5 times in the last 21 years..and you said "its a new day now and the past does not matter". So you wanna talk present or past.xconfusedx

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I really don't think the bison would want to visit The Dome this season either.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM

Yeah because it would be another Bison win.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:21 PM
The past does not mean diddly now. The Yotes are easily the better team. I can't wait to watch Tyler Starr just tearing your offense apart.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:23 PM

You're funny, little boy. Go to bed.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=5915

USD is 1-9 in its last 10 meetings with the Bison, including a 35-3 loss at Fargo in 2003 in the last meeting. The last Coyote win over NDSU was a 40-37 quadruple-overtime thriller in the DakotaDome during the 2002 season.

Make that 1-10 as the previous stat was before the Bison killed the Yotes.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:29 PM
http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/football/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=5915

Make that 1-10 as the previous stat was before the Bison killed the Yotes.

And that 2002 team was our worst team in about 40 years.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Funny little guy isn't he. They beat EWU and he thinks they won the Super Bowl. Season isn't over after the first game.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Funny little guy isn't he. They beat EWU and he thinks they won the Super Bowl. Season isn't over after the first game.

I guess North Dakotans gotta stick together.....xtroublex

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:35 PM
I guess North Dakotans gotta stick together.....xtroublex

xthumbsupx Yes we do.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:35 PM
If it wasn't for 'oil' the rest of the country would just want ND to join up with Canada.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Leave it to The One and Only SD4ever to bring the bison and the 'whatevers' together.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Leave it to The One and Only SD4ever to bring the bison and the 'whatevers' together.

After we slaughter you in the Alerus Center you will have no problem remembering who we are.

bisonguy
October 8th, 2011, 05:38 PM
It's a shame that UND and USD can't just settle who has the better team on the field this year. xcoffeex

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:40 PM
After we slaughter you in the Alerus Center you will have no problem remembering who we are.

LOL, I honestly don't have a dog in the UXD fight, but it's still fun watching you two go at it!!

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:40 PM
It's a shame that UND and USD can't just settle who has the better team on the field this year. xcoffeex

UND hosts USD Nov. 19th....last game of the year.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
LOL, I honestly don't have a dog in the UXD fight, but it's still fun watching you two go at it!!

This is why I would love to have UND play all the Dakota teams. Even though different conferences we should all be able to play each other in the near future.

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
This is why I would love to have UND play all the Dakota teams. Even though different conferences we should all be able to play each other in the near future.

The only issue would be that if you wanted to have it be a yearly event, UND would have to devote 2 OOC games each year to NDSU and SDSU. Makes it a difficult decision for the rest of the OOC scheduling - do you pick an FBS team for the payout, a cupcake for a tune-up, or an accomplished OOC FCS team for a challenge?

I would love to see UND in the Summit/MVFC -it would be a much better fit for them geographically and reduce travel time significantly.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
The only issue would be that if you wanted to have it be a yearly event, UND would have to devote 2 OOC games each year to NDSU and SDSU. Makes it a difficult decision for the rest of the OOC scheduling - do you pick an FBS team for the payout, a cupcake for a tune-up, or an accomplished OOC FCS team for a challenge?

I would love to see UND in the Summit/MVFC -it would be a much better fit for them geographically and reduce travel time significantly.

I would rather just see 1 Dakota team on the schedule and rotate. That way you have your FBS game, 1 OOC Dakota team and 1 OOC FCS team, and 1 of the other 3 in the MVFC would have FBS, UND, and XXX.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Yea, it would be great to have 'em in the conference as cellar dwellers. Ha ha!

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I would rather just see 1 Dakota team on the schedule and rotate. That way you have your FBS game, 1 OOC Dakota team and 1 OOC FCS team, and 1 of the other 3 in the MVFC would have FBS, UND, and XXX.

Whoops, totally forgot about USD being part of the rotating schedule.

You have to admit, though. UND fits much better into the footprint of the MVFC and Summit than the Big Sky. It will would be much cheaper for the university and much easier on the fans to travel to the games. UND's closest game in the Big Sky is at Northern Colorado, and Greeley is about 650 miles from Grand Forks. After that, Bozeman is over 800 and Missoula and Pocatello are about 1000. The drive out here is brutal, trust me - my parents still live in Hankinson, ND and I dread having to drive back.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM

USD should know all too well about the cellar. UND has had 2 losing seasons since 1987.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Whoops, totally forgot about USD being part of the rotating schedule.

You have to admit, though. UND fits much better into the footprint of the MVFC and Summit than the Big Sky. It will would be much cheaper for the university and much easier on the fans to travel to the games. UND's closest game in the Big Sky is at Northern Colorado, and Greeley is about 650 miles from Grand Forks. After that, Bozeman is over 800 and Missoula and Pocatello are about 1000. The drive out here is brutal, trust me - my parents still live in Hankinson, ND and I dread having to drive back.

If the MVFC invited UND along with the Summit (even though UND was going to be in they did schedule a tour), I think UND would have gone. Travel is the only bad thing about the Big Sky for UND. But with the flip-flopping of teams to conferences...who knows. The non-invite to the MVFC is the reason UND is in the Big Sky.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2011, 07:01 PM

Interesting read here.

But I'll tell you what, yote fan, you guys are going to be a cellar dweller in the MV. No way you guys "sniff" the playoffs for many years.

darell1976
October 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Interesting read here.

But I'll tell you what, yote fan, you guys are going to be a cellar dweller in the MV. No way you guys "sniff" the playoffs for many years.

But they beat Eastern Washington.xlolx

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Interesting read here.

This is very true. This post has much truth in it, young man.

SD4ever
October 8th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Well, I guess time will tell won't it. In the mean time it will be a lot of fun.

Now that I have all by myself united the State of North Dakota please join Canada.