PDA

View Full Version : CSN West Blog: Playoff Projections based on GPI

CSN-info
October 5th, 2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/image.php?u=4&dateline=1266793046

CSN West Blog: Oct. 5 Playoff Projections based on GPI
by Kent Schmidt, CSN West Columnist
College Sporting News

I am using our GPI index to determine the teams (selected teams in orange) and believe this is a pretty good group based on if the season would end today. Remember there are 10 automatic qualifiers (listed with the projected Conf. champion in my list) and 10 at-large teams (listed as At-Large 1, 2, ect) that make the Division I playoffs.

Here are my selections and how I see the teams playing each other somewhat based on regionality as we know that the playoff committee will look to place games between teams that are in close proximity to each other if possible. The top five ranked teams in the GPI are my top five seeds.

I will put together these projections each week after the GPI is released. I will see how close these come to what our actual 20 teams will be when the group of 20 is announced on Nov. 20.

Read More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?172-Oct.-5-Playoff-Projections-based-on-GPI)

UNHFootballAlum
October 5th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Wow! You gave UNH a home game. I hope the committee sees it the same way.

heath
October 5th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Wow,to see a #31 and #58 kinda make you want to stray away from AQs and just take the top 20xtwocentsx...........I know,a can of worms

danefan
October 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Wow,to see a #31 and #58 kinda make you want to stray away from AQs and just take the top 20xtwocentsx...........I know,a can of worms

South Carolina State was 47th and got an at-large last year.

Seawolf97
October 5th, 2011, 08:44 PM
No Liberty from the Big South ? The Mayans might be on to something.

WileECoyote06
October 5th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Do yall think UNH would outbid Furman for a playoff game? xcoffeex

App and JMU. . whew what a payday for the NCAA. .xlolx

eaglesrthe1
October 6th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Would love to get friggin Delaware in Statesboro.

FurmanWins!!
October 6th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Do yall think UNH would outbid Furman for a playoff game? xcoffeex

App and JMU. . whew what a payday for the NCAA. .xlolx

Hard to say, Furman has a good many more fans than UNH but our administration has a history of not putting in large bids to host playoffs games since the playoffs have been switched to that format. Too early for any of this playoff talk though IMO.

SouthernStyle
October 6th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Delaware in the statesvegas... YES please....

JSUBison
October 6th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Would love to get friggin Delaware in Statesboro.

Hopefully your AD will remember to put the stamp on the envelope this year.