PDA

View Full Version : SHSU Offense - Ahead Of Long's Offense?

TexasTerror
April 25th, 2006, 10:18 AM
From our QB, Wade Pate, after the spring game. He said that the SHSU offense right now is ahead of where the offense was when Long was here. I'm guessing there's a fair deal of confidence around the Bearkats now that everyone has been together awhile. We had loads of young and transfer WRs to replace our depleted WR corps. It'll be great if the QBs and WRs as well as the TEs (which play a big role in the SHSU offense) could step up their game!

------------
“I think we are getting there,” said Pate after Sunday’s game. “This is the best the offense has looked in the spring since I have been here. I would even go as far as to say we did better this spring than the year Dustin (Long) was here. They got it going in the fall, but in the spring they struggled some. This spring we really got it going.”

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_115001829.html?keyword=secondarystory

exbearkat
April 25th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I really think that WR Brandon Perry is set to have a break-out season in '06. I'm confident that he will be our "go-to" guy no matter who the qb is. :cool:

TexasTerror
April 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I really think that WR Brandon Perry is set to have a break-out season in '06. I'm confident that he will be our "go-to" guy no matter who the qb is. :cool:

Well, I hope Brian Christian has a break-out season in year two as a WR for the Kats and that Blake Martin turns in an All-SLC performance at TE...

If the defense stays healthy, I do not think there's any reason we can't have some great expectations if we can make it through that brutal OOC...