PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports and PCG/I-AA

Lehigh Football Nation
April 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
This post kind of enters into a sort of moral question.

EA Sports will be making the only NCAA game for every gaming system out there. At least for the XBox 360, they are not going to be adding rosters for I-AA/PCG teams, like they have in years past. As a result, the purist in me tells me that I shouldn't buy it. Don't support PCG/I-AA, then don't buy it. That's been my motto.

Yet many of these games are customizable. You can add and subtract schools, for example, change league names, etc. I do not know if the latest version of EA's NCAA game allows for this, but theoretically I (or someone out there) could make a modified league with every school in I-AA swapped in, and almost all of the I-A's swapped out.

Which is better to do? Stand on principle, and don't buy the game? Or buy the game, and make it into the game I want it to be?

walliver
April 24th, 2006, 12:02 PM
This post kind of enters into a sort of moral question.

Which is better to do? Stand on principle, and don't buy the game? Or buy the game, and make it into the game I want it to be?

Unless you complain directly to EA about this situation it won't matter. If you have an older console like an old X-Box, i would recommend NOT buying the new version. Write EA a letter explaining why you are not buying the new version.

If you have no other way to play College Football at home then buy the game, and write EA a letter stating that you will not upgrade in the future until I-AA teams are added back.

henfan
April 24th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'd complain and buy it.

First off, send a note to EAS asking why they didn't include all "Division I" football schools in their game? Do they plan on including all "Division I" basketball schools in their upcoming NCAA basketball release? Why the distinction?

Secondly, buy a used or promo copy of the game and customize it to your delight. That way none of your cash is funneling directly back to EAS and your purchase isn't positively impacting their sales figures.

HensRock
April 24th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Previous versions (which did include at least some I-AA's) are customizable as well. If you are going to go to the trouble of customizing it to add all the latest I-AA teams, then why do you need the latest version.

I'd buy the old version (used) and customize eit. AND write that letter.

gsuwinsudont
April 24th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Guys its not as a big a slap as you think. The developement cycle for this completly new game is not large enough to include all the smaller schools while still trying to program in all the new stuff. This situation is similar to earlier this winter when EA's new college baseball game came out. The game is thin on features and doesnt include ALL the DI conferences. Trust me by the time ncaa 08 comes out on 360 all the DIs will be there. This (thin features, missing teams) happens when any annual sports game comes out on a next gen console(Madden, Nba Live, etc etc). By the third game on 360 and PS3 NCAA will again be the best football title around just like how 04 was the best on ps2 and xbox.

Complaining will do nothing for you EA is making their money with or without you. Buy the game and just enjoy what teams you do have availible to you.

ASU Kep
April 24th, 2006, 06:24 PM
With the 360's Live service, if one of us made a full I-AA league, we could probably share it with eachother.