PDA

View Full Version : D-III Wesley 32 over 1AA Charleton Southern 20

aust42
October 3rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Wow, I didn't know scholarship 1AA programs even scheduled D-III teams. How do you lose to a D-III program? Charleston Southern should just drop their football program. xeyebrowx The article mentions this is the 2nd D-III school to beat a 1AA? Wow, wow & wow.

http://athletics.wesley.edu/sports/fball/2011-12/releases/20111001cv4owm

GannonFan
October 3rd, 2011, 08:41 AM
Well, at least it's one of the top 4 DIII programs, but yeah, still, that's just flat out weak.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 3rd, 2011, 08:45 AM
I think the TX-San Antonio loss to DIII -> DII transitional McMurry was even worse. Granted, this is the first year of the program for TX-San Antonio, but they're supposedly going to be a FBS program in a couple years and I don't believe they have to operate under the FCS scholarship requirements this year.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2011, 08:53 AM
Please don't let the Patriot League bosses get wind of this. They'll get ideas.

superman7515
October 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
I can think of a few FCS teams that Wesley could beat.

JMUNJ08
October 3rd, 2011, 09:18 AM
I can think of a few FCS teams that Wesley could beat.

Valpo is my answer :)

bonarae
October 3rd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Please don't let the Patriot League bosses get wind of this. They'll get ideas.

Uh huh, the Ivies shouldn't too. xbawlingx Even if we schedule a UAA (Division III conference) team, that's still notches down from the SoCon or even the high-ranking universities playing FBS.

henfan
October 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
Wesley is the 2nd best FB team in Delaware at this point.

asumike83
October 3rd, 2011, 11:23 AM
I do not mean this to bash any of the Big South folks on this board, but you have to wonder how long this can remain an auto-bid league. Coastal and Liberty are consistent programs, but I do not think winning the Big South proves a team worthy of being in the playoffs. It is 5 weeks into the season and 5 of the 7 Big South teams have 0 or 1 wins, with Coastal being the only squad over .500. After CCU and Liberty, I think every Big South team would struggle for 1 league win in most other auto-bid conferences.

UAalum72
October 3rd, 2011, 02:38 PM
Until another two conferences form or apply for an autobid in addition to the Pioneer League, which would require adding another week to the playoffs, nobody's losing their autobid. Nor should they.

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2011, 03:32 PM
Wisconsin white water would win the ovc. Not all DIII are terrible :P

BlueHen86
October 3rd, 2011, 03:55 PM
Wesley is the 2nd best FB team in Delaware at this point.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they should start a series with Delaware St, they are only both in Dover. xlolx

TTUEagles
October 3rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
Wisconsin white water would win the ovc. Not all DIII are terrible :P

cheap shot.

bkrownd
October 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Wow, I didn't know scholarship 1AA programs even scheduled D-III teams. How do you lose to a D-III program?

It's the same game in all divisions. Same number of arms and legs per player. Same ball. Pretty much the same equipment. One team plays better and scores more points than the other, and thus gets the W - easy as that. D-3 has had better wins over D-1 in the past.