TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Who will be the last to survive???

GEORGIA SOUTHERN
This Week: vs Chattanooga

NORTH DAKOTA STATE
This Week: at Southern Illinois

SAM HOUSTON STATE
This Week: vs Stephen F. Austin (Reliant Stadium)

walliver
October 2nd, 2011, 08:44 AM
Georgia Southern has Alabama to look forward to (Watching them last night, this could be a long night for the Eagles), but it is at the end of the season. They should win a few more before having to play Wofford and ASU. Furman could present problems, and I would not rule out a good game against the Citadel (which traditionally has played GSU competitively, even when the Citadel has below average teams)

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
Based on the leagues they are in, Georgia Southern and North Dakota State clearly have the tougher schedules.

SHSU's situation falls on whether their starting QB will be healthy enough to return. SFA is always a toss-up and McNeese looms in a few weeks on Oct. 22.

UNIFanSince1983
October 2nd, 2011, 09:55 AM
It looks like Georgia Southern has the best chance to last the longest. However, if both SHSU and NDSU get by 1 or 2 tough games they will go undefeated for the season. Georgia Southern has the toughest schedule remaining, but they don't play the really challenging parts till after NDSU and SHSU get by their tough games.

Should be interesting how this plays out.

I can see GA Southern losing to either App State or Wofford in conference and then getting plowed by Alabama in the last game of the year.
I can see SHSU losing to either McNeese or Texas State.
I can see NDSU losing to UNI or Indiana State.

Should be interesting, but looks tough for any team to finish undefeated.

BlueHen86
October 2nd, 2011, 10:12 AM
Honest question: How sure are you guys that GSU will beat Chattanooga? I haven't seen them play, but on paper they look pretty tough. I would expect them to give GSU a good game, but I'm basing that on tough losses the last few weeks, I really don't know their squad all that well

The Eagle's Cliff
October 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Honest question: How sure are you guys that GSU will beat Chattanooga? I haven't seen them play, but on paper they look pretty tough. I would expect them to give GSU a good game, but I'm basing that on tough losses the last few weeks, I really don't know their squad all that well

I'm not sure at all. In spite of the score at Elon, we were VERY banged up: Shaw (QB) could barely move, McKinnon (#2 QB/slot) is out, and Brown (FB) is also banged up. We found a way to score and win, but it looked sloppy. We typically play a little flat @ Elon and should be up for Chatty with a big crowd and Family Weekend, but this is a one-game-at-a-time kind of team. I think the remainder of our schedule except probably Presbyterian is capable of beating GSU. #3 QB Izzy Youyoute (YOU-yute) will be great, but he's still a little rusty and indecisive, so we need Shaw and McKinnon to get healthy if we're going to make a run.

SideLine Shooter
October 2nd, 2011, 10:32 AM

Chattanooga could beat anybody or they could lose to anybody.

blueballs
October 2nd, 2011, 11:12 AM

Very sure... Chatty couldn't run against App and Citadel so they sure as hell won't be able to run against GSU. If GSU holds onto the ball they win by multiple scores.

Having a pass only team that can't run coming off two crushing defeats in a row isn't a good formula for traveling to Paulson against a revenge minded GSU bunch, but we'll see.

ValleyChamp
October 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Georgia Southern's last four games of the year are BRUTAL. Home against Citadel, with roadies at App St, Wofford, and Alabama. Its looking like they will be undefeated going into the last four games, but getting through those games will be very tough.

PantherRob82
October 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
I think all 3 win this week.

TheBisonator
October 2nd, 2011, 01:06 PM

I agree. I was going to say the same thing.

Reign of Terrier
October 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
What happened to McKinnon?

eaglesrback
October 2nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
What happened to McKinnon?

He broke his hand last week.

Squealofthepig
October 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM

SHSU: vs. a 1-4 SFA. Yep, should win this one.
NDSU: at SIU. The Salukis should make this a game, but I think the Bison should also win this one (but less confident than SHSU)
GSU: vs. Chattanooga. Of the three, I think this is the most dangerous, solely because 'Nooga seems so hot and cold. I think this will be either a very close Mocs's win... or a 56-0 drubbing by the Eagles, depending on which version of UTC shows up.

But, agree with Rob, think they all win this week. The following week is less exciting (GSU vs. Furman; NDSU at SDSU; SHSU vs. Nichols State), with NDSU probably most at risk.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 2nd, 2011, 02:50 PM
Furman has looked good the last two weeks albeit against poor competition, but they did what a good team should do.

dgtw
October 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
How many FCS teams have lost only to FBS team?

Pards Rule
October 2nd, 2011, 03:15 PM
Go Bison!! Pards rooting for you to win Natl Championship!

Twentysix
October 2nd, 2011, 03:19 PM

A few.

How many FCS teams are undefeated through an FBS team? 2

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
How many FCS teams are undefeated through an FBS team? 2

When are those two teams (SHSU and NDSU) going to meet again? That was an exciting home-and-home series the last go around!

NDB
October 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0

Ginsbach
October 2nd, 2011, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8uQM6rkpH0

I was in the student section during that game and I remember it being an absolute blast when Walker threw that last TD. It was the loudest I moment I can remember in the Dome.

Although, the production on that TV feed looks more like 1997 than 2007 - KVLY really needs to step it up.

Squealofthepig
October 2nd, 2011, 05:47 PM

I may have missed one or two, but here's who I know:

Montana State (Lost 27-10 to Utah)
Northern Iowa (Lost 20-19 to Iowa State)
James Madison (Lost to UNC 42-10)
Wofford (lost to Clemson 35-27)
New Hampshire (lost to Toledo 58-22)
Indiana State (lost to Penn State 41-7)
Maine (lost to Pittsburgh 35-29)
Tennessee Tech (lost at Iowa 34-7)
Towson (lost to Maryland 28-3)
McNeese State (lost to Kansas 42-24)
Portland State (lost to TCU 55-13)
Norfolk State (lost to West Virginia 55-12)

Apologies in advance to any I may have missed (and please correct me if I've missed any)

SDFS
October 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
North Dakota - lost to Idaho and Fresno St.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM

I know they're "FBS", but Minnesota New Mexico are pretty bad.

JSUBison
October 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
When are those two teams (SHSU and NDSU) going to meet again? That was an exciting home-and-home series the last go around!

No joke. Those two games are what college football is about. Need to get this rivalry fired up again, get another home/home set up with you guys.

For those who don't know, both games decided in last 30 seconds of the game, about 2000 yards of offense total:
2007 game (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272582449)

2009 game (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552534)

BlueHenSinfonian
October 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Of the three I think GaSou is the only one who is up in the air this coming week. The Mocs are hard to put a finger on this year, but anything can happen in that game.

ChristopherBearkat
October 2nd, 2011, 09:06 PM
No joke. Those two games are what college football is about. Need to get this rivalry fired up again, get another home/home set up with you guys.

For those who don't know, both games decided in last 30 seconds of the game, about 2000 yards of offense total:
2007 game (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=272582449)

2009 game (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=292552534)

AMEN!

Reign of Terrier
October 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
Chatty has no run game and can't protect their QB in pass protection, their defense let El Cid score more points than they did for the whole season against scholarship teams; GSU rolls 35-16

Twentysix
October 2nd, 2011, 10:04 PM
I would love a home and home with SHSU. For a team from far away we sure seem to mesh well. :P

seantaylor
October 2nd, 2011, 11:40 PM
Of the three I think GaSou is the only one who is up in the air this coming week. The Mocs are hard to put a finger on this year, but anything can happen in that game.

I think this will be the game where the Eagles really take flight, ala the Appy game in 2004. I'm looking for a 51-7 type game. The crowd is going to be intense, and McKinnon will return to the field. True guineas.

DJKyR0
October 2nd, 2011, 11:46 PM

I think folks might be underselling Southern Illinois, and as such NDSU's chances this weekend in Carbondale. SIU put up over 400 yards in both Valley games they played but only put up 21 and 20 points, which tells me (without having watched either game, so take it FWIW) that the offense is moving the ball but can't pull the trigger when it comes down to it. If they can nail a few things down I think they can be a really good football team and do some damage in conference, though hopefully after this weekend. :)

I'm really excited to see how our defense handles them.

Twentysix
October 3rd, 2011, 12:35 AM
I think folks might be underselling Southern Illinois, and as such NDSU's chances this weekend in Carbondale. SIU put up over 400 yards in both Valley games they played but only put up 21 and 20 points, which tells me (without having watched either game, so take it FWIW) that the offense is moving the ball but can't pull the trigger when it comes down to it. If they can nail a few things down I think they can be a really good football team and do some damage in conference, though hopefully after this weekend. :)

I'm really excited to see how our defense handles them.

MWill has a 2 TD game

appfan2008
October 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM
I dont think any of them will go undefeated but it may be time to start making playoff reservations for all 3!

darell1976
October 3rd, 2011, 09:05 AM
It looks like Georgia Southern has the best chance to last the longest. However, if both SHSU and NDSU get by 1 or 2 tough games they will go undefeated for the season. Georgia Southern has the toughest schedule remaining, but they don't play the really challenging parts till after NDSU and SHSU get by their tough games.

Should be interesting how this plays out.

I can see GA Southern losing to either App State or Wofford in conference and then getting plowed by Alabama in the last game of the year.
I can see SHSU losing to either McNeese or Texas State.
I can see NDSU losing to UNI or Indiana State.

Should be interesting, but looks tough for any team to finish undefeated.

Or both.

I see NDSU losing to SIU....if it was in Fargo then I see them winning.

katstrapper
October 3rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
SHSU v SFA is a hated rivalry game where anything can happen. SHSU went into last years game with a new head coach, true freshman QB, RS Freshman RB and only 7 seniors on the entire roster and almost pulled off the upset of then 5th ranked SFA. This game has had some incredible football moments. This is one of the oldest college football rivalries in Texas. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!! And probably will.

F'N Hawks
October 3rd, 2011, 09:58 AM
Voting based on who is undefeated is a little misleading early in the year. Look at who each of them of played first.

We will know how good NDSU is after this week. So far they have played 4 teams - all with losing records and are a combined 5-15 on the year.

This is not a UND-NDSU smack post, simply stating lets not get carried away with who is undefeated this early in the year. Southern Illinois on the road will be a true test.

TexasTerror
October 8th, 2011, 05:09 PM
All three remain undefeated...

SHSU 45-10 Stephen F. Austin
North Dakota State 9-3 Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern 28-27 Chattanooga

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Or both.

I see NDSU losing to SIU....if it was in Fargo then I see them winning.

Thank God you aren't picking my stocks.

Drblankstare
October 8th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Bison won, but my god the offense looks lost. A win's a win though, especially on the road.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Call me a bad person, but I'm not convinced that NDSU is a top 5 team.

Twentysix
October 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
The defense is probably the best in the country. The offense doesnt look like its even remotely close.

da_Bison
October 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM

ok, you're a bad person,jk, but some food for thought, we have virtually everyone back from a team that made a deep run in the playoffs, and here's the good part, were better this year, considerable!! Which doesn't mean much if we don't come to play every game. You know your team is good when you can play like crap and still win

X-Factor
October 8th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Of course your not convinced! You live on the East Coast! xlolx :D

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Of course your not convinced! You live on the East Coast! xlolx :D

yes there is that, and I'll admit Socon bias, but when you look at the way they've won games, Wofford, UNI, and even GSU seem to be more impressive.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:41 PM
yes there is that, and I'll admit Socon bias, but when you look at the way they've won games, Wofford, UNI, and even GSU seem to be more impressive.

Well, you can scratch UNI off your list if they lose today, they're playing a close one with Indy State right now. There's no way anyone can put them on the same level as NDSU if they lose their second today.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Well, you can scratch UNI off your list if they lose today, they're playing a close one with Indy State right now. There's no way anyone can put them on the same level as NDSU if they lose their second today.

I don't know about that, Iowa state has looked a lot more impressive than Minnesota, and Indy State is a top 25 team.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
I don't know about that, Iowa state has looked a lot more impressive than Minnesota, and Indy State is a top 25 team.

And NDSU has lost to... Nobody. You can't make excuses for a team once they go down 2 games behind another.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 05:54 PM
And NDSU has lost to... Nobody. You can't make excuses for a team once they go down 2 games behind another.

but who has NDSU played besides Minnesota?

X-Factor
October 8th, 2011, 05:57 PM
but who has NDSU played besides Minnesota?

Who has Georgia Southern played? Yet everyone seems to be content at crowning them #1?

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Who has Georgia Southern played? Yet everyone seems to be content at crowning them #1?

They've beaten a better schedule than NDSU in a more convincing fashion and they also beat a very good UTC team today

mgbison
October 8th, 2011, 05:59 PM
you don't have to be sold on ndsu. Bottom line is we are 5-0.

As bad as our offense can look, good luck scoring on us. Marcus Williams is a freakig stud. Its amazing how good a defense can be when we can put Williams on an island.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 06:00 PM
They've beaten a better schedule than NDSU in a more convincing fashion and they also beat a very good UTC team today

SIU > Chatt. and we beat them.

X-Factor
October 8th, 2011, 06:03 PM

I completely disagree with that.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Wins over SIU and Il State = Wins over Elon and Samford, IMO
GSU beat DII Tusculum, throw that in the garbage.
GSU barely beats a Chattanooga team that's more hype than substance (they're 2-4!!)
Wins over Lafayette and St. Francis = One win over WCU.
NDSU beats a horrid Minnesota team, but they still have 22 more scholarships.

How is GSU's resume better??

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 06:05 PM
SIU > Chatt. and we beat them.

and that is why no one takes Bison fans seriously. SIU hasn't beaten any quality team; heck every team they've played except NDSU has a losing record.

Chattanooga beat a very good JSU an a decent EKU team. They gaffed big time against The Citadel, but other than that they are a good team

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Wins over SIU and Il State = Wins over Elon and Samford, IMO
GSU beat DII Tusculum, throw that in the garbage.
GSU barely beats a Chattanooga team that's more hype than substance (they're 2-4!!)
Wins over Lafayette and St. Francis = One win over WCU.

How is GSU's resume better??

Lafayette and St. Francis are practically sub D1 teams as they have less scholarships. Western is better than both. Chattanooga is 4 points away from being 5-1.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 06:07 PM
I completely disagree with that.

cool story bro, tell it again

X-Factor
October 8th, 2011, 06:08 PM
This is getting a little comical. We have some clear ECB going on, because it should be clear to an unbiased viewer that both resumes are about equal xeyebrowx

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 06:14 PM
This is getting a little comical. We have some clear ECB going on, because it should be clear to an unbiased viewer that both resumes are about equal xeyebrowx

They may be equal, but the WAY that GSU has won is more impressive IMO. NDSU, hasn't scored enough points to impress me

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 06:25 PM
They may be equal, but the WAY that GSU has won is more impressive IMO. NDSU, hasn't scored enough points to impress me

That's because NDSU's key isn't the offense - it's the defense. NDSU has only given 46 points on the year so far - this averages out to the opponents scoring 9.2 points per game. GSU is allowed 19.8 points per game.

If we look at the numbers for points scored, GSU is averaging 42.8 points a game while NDSU is averaging 32.8 a game. Different styles of play - GSU has scored 10 points more per game than NDSU but NDSU is allowing 10.2 less per game.

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2011, 06:27 PM
That's because NDSU's key isn't the offense - it's the defense. NDSU has only given 46 points on the year so far - this averages out to the opponents scoring 9.2 points per game. GSU is allowed 19.8 points per game.

If we look at the numbers for points scored, GSU is averaging 42.8 points a game while NDSU is averaging 32.8 a game. Different styles of play - GSU has scored 10 points more per game than NDSU but NDSU is allowing 10.2 less per game.

If you've watched any of GSU's games you'd know that most of the points scored on GSU have been in garbage time. Today was probably the first time the defense played the whole game

Hammerhead
October 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Beating the #20 FCS team on the road and having an undefeated record makes me think NDSU deserves to be in the top 5.

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
If you've watched any of GSU's games you'd know that most of the points scored on GSU have been in garbage time. Today was probably the first time the defense played the whole game

Scores by GSU's opponents in first three quarters:
Samford - 10
Tusculum - 21
Western Carolina - 14
Elon - 14
Chattanoga - 14

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 06:41 PM
And for further comparison, average margin of victory:

NDSU - 23.6
GSU - 23

These are both fantastic teams. They just have different strengths. Both play games that are quite enjoyable to watch and I think both are equally strong this year. I wish GSU hadn't bought out of the NDSU game this year, but hopefully they'll meet in post-season play.

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 06:49 PM
And for further comparison, average margin of victory:

NDSU - 23.6
GSU - 23

These are both fantastic teams. They just have different strengths. Both play games that are quite enjoyable to watch and I think both are equally strong this year. I wish GSU hadn't bought out of the NDSU game this year, but hopefully they'll meet in post-season play.

amd who the hell have you played...you barely beat SIU on the road and Ill St. at home...give me a break...6-10 at best.

if anything, NDSU is the worst undefeated team left.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 06:51 PM
amd who the hell have you played...you barely beat SIU on the road and Ill St. at home...give me a break...6-10 at best.

Funny s**t. You should be on Leno.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM

This is the "gold standard" coming from a UNI fan.

SIU's defense is good.

Nobody plays perfect all the time....Bison offense laid an egg, but we still won on the road.

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Serious ****. If you're so called awesome offense can't score 2 TDs on SIU...thats pathetic. I've seen them in person. Their pass defense is horrible. You don't have a great running QB. The Bison are for a world collapse of hurt come playoffs. They are like the Yankees. Think they are awesome until when it really matters.

I;m not saying UNI is any better. we sucj at pass defense ourselves. just saying tho. I've seen both NDSU and SIU in person. NDSU shoulda lost that game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Serious ****. If you're so called awesome offense can't score 2 TDs on SIU...thats pathetic. I've seen them in person. Their pass defense is horrible. You don't have a great running QB. The Bison are for a world collapse of hurt come playoffs. They are like the Yankees. Think they are awesome until when it really matters.

WTF ever buddy.....

I cannot wait for the kitties to come to Fargo and shut you up.

Ginsbach

Since 2007, SIU has only lost 2 conference games at home - NDSU this year and SDSU in 2009. Carbondale is a difficult place for MVFC teams to come in and win.

TheBisonator

Just like you last year??

http://ecdn3.hark.com/images/000/002/751/2751/original.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM

I;m not saying UNI is any better. we sucj at pass defense ourselves. just saying tho. I've seen both NDSU and SIU in person. NDSU shoulda lost that game.

I don't see many Bison fans claiming they have an "awesome" offense. People have said it's improved from the past few years, which I'll agree with. Much more consistent quarterback play from Jensen than Mohler ever gave. That being said, NDSU seemed like it should have lost the game but the defense came in with fantastic plays (goal line stops, interceptions) that turned the tide. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, NDSU's offense isn't going to win them many games - the defense will, though.

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Waiting for excuses when UNI makes play after play against NDSU's superior team. They do have the FCS title already don't they?

NDSUs offense could be really good if they knew how to utilize their WRs and RB. They have little personality. If defense is all NDSU is going off of...from what I have seen....they are in a world of hurt against ANY elite team.

TheBisonator
October 8th, 2011, 06:58 PM
When was the last time the purple pussies won at Southern Illinois??

Seriously, I don't know. ESPN won't take me back that far.

http://www.christianmystics.com/images/BR/waybackmachine.jpg

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
When was the last time the purple pussies won at Southern Illinois??

Seriously, I don't know. ESPN won't take me back that far.

http://www.christianmystics.com/images/BR/waybackmachine.jpg

Why need ESPN when u can look it up on the school website.

Whats that have to do with NDSU being a good team? I never said UNI was a good team. I don't think they even deserve their number 2 ranking. Just saying NDSU hasn't played any one that is actually GOOD offensively.

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Just like you last year??

http://ecdn3.hark.com/images/000/002/751/2751/original.jpg

OOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

When you lose to WIU...you;re not that good. I actually bet for WIU to cover last year in that game. As we know this year. Lehigh is legit. No one at UNI knew it...me included, but they are a good and up n coming team. far better than SIU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 8th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Waiting for excuses when UNI makes play after play against NDSU's superior team. They do have the FCS title already don't they?

NDSUs offense could be really good if they knew how to utilize their WRs and RB. They have little personality. If defense is all NDSU is going off of...from what I have seen....they are in a world of hurt against ANY elite team.

See you in Fargo

Ginsbach
October 8th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Why need ESPN when u can look it up on the school website.

Whats that have to do with NDSU being a good team? I never said UNI was a good team. I don't think they even deserve their number 2 ranking. Just saying NDSU hasn't played any one that is actually GOOD offensively.

UNI's official football schedule on their website only goes back to 2004-2005 season. ESPN goes back to 2002-2003. It would be interesting to see - UNI has not won at SIU since at least 2002, which is as far back as I can find information.

unigriff
October 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
And your point is what? The home team always wins in our series except for SIU winning at our place recently. But that team and this years team are far differentl. You won on the road...woohoo!...Just cuz you are undefeated doesnt; make you good. When you beat a Wofford, or Montana, or UNI, then i'll give ya credit. Otherwise NDSU is still 2nd tier. Stop playing a sucky Minneosta and get a strong schedule.St. Francis of PA could even beat MN if they tried.

mgbison
October 8th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Ndsu is 5-0, they should be ranked top 5.

We lost to the 2010 national champs in o.t. and beat msu at their house last year, and only lost 3 or 4 starters from last seasons team. Plus we won our fbs game (gophers are bad, but a lot of bad fbs teams beat good fcs teams every year).

Polls are worthless until the end of the year. If ndsu and uni are both undefeated going into late oct, they should both be ranked in top 3.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Could Ga Southern go undefeated until Alabama? I'd say chances are strong.

Gringer1
October 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM

Wofford is going to be tough. They might be the best team in the country right now. App is not going to be a cakewalk either because anybody can win a great rivalry game like that. Just look at what happened last year.

X-Factor
October 8th, 2011, 10:25 PM

A better question might be: Is unigriff the biggest tool on AGS? I'd say chances are strong.

Him and JBB should get together for a beer!

CommishBigSmooth
October 8th, 2011, 10:29 PM
The question was posed earlier in the thread when the last time UNI won in Carbondale was- that would be 1996. Southern Illinois has won seven straight at home over UNI and hung 40 or more points on them in four of the last five games played there.

TwoFeathers
October 8th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Wofford is going to be tough. They might be the best team in the country right now. App is not going to be a cakewalk either because anybody can win a great rivalry game like that. Just look at what happened last year.

Both games are away. So you are right.

FargoBison
October 8th, 2011, 11:30 PM

Says the fan of the team that hasn't won in Carbondale since 1996...

FargoBison
October 8th, 2011, 11:44 PM
Beating the #20 FCS team on the road and having an undefeated record makes me think NDSU deserves to be in the top 5.

Nope, this would only be considered fine by a team not named NDSU. GSU can float on by beating weak teams and for it they'll receive all the credit in the world, but NDSU gets ripped for beating up weak Big 10 teams. If we had beat Chatty by one point this week, at home, in a game in which their backup QB almost led them to a win. We'd be getting ripped, weak old NDSU doesn't belong in the top five because they can barely beat a 2-4 team....Blah....blah...blah.

We get ripped for scheduling St Francis, Earth to AGS. We didn't want to play St Francis, we had a game scheduled at home vs Gods gift to football Georgia Southern and they took their ball and went home to play some weak team. Not our fault they couldn't man up and honor their schedule commitment, we took what we could get when they decided to play somebody else.

BTW we are doing all we can do, beating the teams on our schedule. Sorry if we aren't racking up enough "style" points but at the end of the day all I want is the big old W.

Squealofthepig
October 9th, 2011, 12:22 AM
GSU can float on by beating weak teams and for it they'll receive all the credit in the world, but NDSU gets ripped for beating up weak Big 10 teams.

Wait, wait, wait. At Elon and versus Chattanooga - these are not "weak" teams. And Minnesota IS a weak Big 10 team. Minnesota barely managed 200 yards today against a very mediocre Purdue team. I give NDSU credit for handily taking care of their schedule, although their showing today wasn't dispositive - but neither was GSU's squeaking by 'Nooga.

Saying you're "only beating teams on your schedule" while at the same time trying to vilify GSU for doing the same thing is really not persuasive.

FargoBison
October 9th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Wait, wait, wait. At Elon and versus Chattanooga - these are not "weak" teams. And Minnesota IS a weak Big 10 team. Minnesota barely managed 200 yards today against a very mediocre Purdue team. I give NDSU credit for handily taking care of their schedule, although their showing today wasn't dispositive - but neither was GSU's squeaking by 'Nooga.

Saying you're "only beating teams on your schedule" while at the same time trying to vilify GSU for doing the same thing is really not persuasive.

I'm not trying to vilify GSU, I'm responding to the SoCon fan who thought it was laughable to compare NDSU and GSU's resume. Elon and Chatty are no more impressive than SIU and ISU Red... all four are pretty mediocre football teams. What NDSU and GSU have done is comparable, yet NDSU doesn't deserve their ranking and nobody says jack squat about GSU.

I've had it with the double standard.

Squealofthepig
October 9th, 2011, 12:39 AM
I'm not trying to vilify GSU, I'm responding to the SoCon fan who thought it was laughable to compare NDSU and GSU's resume. Elon and Chatty are no more impressive than SIU and ISU Red... all four are pretty mediocre football teams. What NDSU and GSU have done is comparable, yet NDSU doesn't deserve their ranking and nobody says jack squat about GSU.

I've had it with the double standard.

I have to say that's pretty darned fair, and I have GSU and NDSU in adjacent positions in my ballot, just as one voter's position. My best guess is that NDSU and GSU enter the playoffs as the #1 and #2 seeds - I can't fault either team for committing the horrible sin of winning all their games thus far. :)

seantaylor
October 9th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Minnesota wold not finish in the top 5 of the Socon. Probably even lower.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2011, 04:34 AM
and that is why no one takes Bison fans seriously. SIU hasn't beaten any quality team; heck every team they've played except NDSU has a losing record.

Chattanooga beat a very good JSU an a decent EKU team. They gaffed big time against The Citadel, but other than that they are a good team

Thats why no one takes you seriously. They beat missouri state by 4 points at home. lololololololololol

One of those teams that doesnt count as much for us just beat missouri state by 25 in an away game.. comparitive score comparitive score comparitive score. Lmao.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Minnesota wold not finish in the top 5 of the Socon. Probably even lower.

They are a midwest team.....they would win it....easily!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Nope, this would only be considered fine by a team not named NDSU. GSU can float on by beating weak teams and for it they'll receive all the credit in the world, but NDSU gets ripped for beating up weak Big 10 teams. If we had beat Chatty by one point this week, at home, in a game in which their backup QB almost led them to a win. We'd be getting ripped, weak old NDSU doesn't belong in the top five because they can barely beat a 2-4 team....Blah....blah...blah.

We get ripped for scheduling St Francis, Earth to AGS. We didn't want to play St Francis, we had a game scheduled at home vs Gods gift to football Georgia Southern and they took their ball and went home to play some weak team. Not our fault they couldn't man up and honor their schedule commitment, we took what we could get when they decided to play somebody else.

BTW we are doing all we can do, beating the teams on our schedule. Sorry if we aren't racking up enough "style" points but at the end of the day all I want is the big old W.

Good post here!

SIU has a very good defense. Our offense laid an egg and we still won a conference game on the road....I'll take it.

The Bison could end up 10-1 or 11-0 and we would still have a "weak" schedule according to many east of the Miss.

Ya, it is definitely weak sauce buying out our game and scheduling a D2.....but doesn't surprise me.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
They are a midwest team.....they would win it....easily!

Midwester bias ftw.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2011, 06:59 AM

They would have been in a world of hurt yesterday if the MVC leader in offense per game hadn't separated his shoulder last week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Midwester bias ftw.

Ya, lol....you're right.

But seriously, the Gophers would beat just about every FCS team right now. They are still a 85 scholly team that has some athletes. They are in disarray right now so that makes our win against them, in others eyes, as less impressive. I would like to see GS or Montana State or Wofford or UNI go into TCF stadium and try to win it. We beat them 37-24 and the score was not that close. Gophers will probably end up 1-11 this year but they would still beat just about every 1AA team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM
They would have been in a world of hurt yesterday if the MVC leader in offense per game hadn't separated his shoulder last week.

How do you know?

This game came down to turnovers just like last year. Bison where +2 yesterday.

mgbison
October 9th, 2011, 07:39 AM

xbowxxbowx

Need to recruit tougher kids or quit treating your qb's like running backs.

Honestly, NDSU is lucky that we rotate 6 linebackers and 8 d-lineman in and out. Otherwise we'd have been gassed.

Twentysix
October 9th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I wonder how many fumbles and int's their would of been if we didnt have all these starters injured....

I love how everyone *****es about injuries and we have starters out...

Houndawg
October 9th, 2011, 07:55 AM
Nobody knows, but PM was leading the MVC in total offense when he went down. I think it's safe to say he would have put up better numbers than the backup QB starting his first game. Actually I come out of the game feeling better about us, if NDSU is as good as advertised, after last week's debacle..

No_Skill
October 9th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Nobody knows, but PM was leading the MVC in total offense when he went down. I think it's safe to say he would have put up better numbers than the backup QB starting his first game. Actually I come out of the game feeling better about us, if NDSU is as good as advertised, after last week's debacle..

Likely true. That said, I thought the backup QB did quite well. He seemed comfortable and made some good plays.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Likely true. That said, I thought the backup QB did quite well. He seemed comfortable and made some good plays.

I thought he did as well as could be expected in his first start against a very good defense, tried to force two picks into triple coverage, like they all seem to do early on. What has me scratching my head is why Jewel Hampton didn't have 30 carries.

katstrapper
October 9th, 2011, 08:21 AM
I love the fact that SHSU is flying under the radar.xthumbsupx

semobison
October 9th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Ya, lol....you're right.

But seriously, the Gophers would beat just about every FCS team right now. They are still a 85 scholly team that has some athletes. They are in disarray right now so that makes our win against them, in others eyes, as less impressive. I would like to see GS or Montana State or Wofford or UNI go into TCF stadium and try to win it. We beat them 37-24 and the score was not that close. Gophers will probably end up 1-11 this year but they would still beat just about every 1AA team.

In my best John McEnroe...YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! ..Ok any FBS win is a good win but lets not hang our hat on that, it is looking less impressive every week! Now beating UNI at the end of the month would be somthing we could brag about!

BisonBacker
October 9th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Ratings are for the fans to squabble about. At the end of the day it's making it to the playoffs that counts first and what you do or how you play after that point that matters. If we don't get some shat fixed and quick on offense we are going to be a UNI playoff team with a quick exit to the door with that gawdauful offense we had on display yesterday. I can see where people would question just how good NDSU is based on yesterdays performance. After that debacle anyone in their right mind would say just where does NDSU belong in the rankings. Thats where the gray area comes in and the fans get into pissing matches about whos played a better schedule or better teams blah blah blah. I don't give a rats *** about the last 5 games it's what NDSU does next week that matters. With UNI still on the schedule Vigen is going to have many sleepless nights as he and the players should. If they expect to win with the crap product they put on the field on Saturday well good luck with that. I expect better from a team that does have the capability to play much better. What the hell happened to the offense that played in Minneapolis? Where was our O line yesterday? Why can't we make the adjustment to a player on their O line (nosetackle) who kept blowing up plays?

No_Skill
October 9th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I thought he did as well as could be expected in his first start against a very good defense, tried to force two picks into triple coverage, like they all seem to do early on. What has me scratching my head is why Jewel Hampton didn't have 30 carries.

That dude is a beast. I wonder what the reasoning was behind not running him more in the second half? xchinscratchx

He was picking up 5-7 yards at will in the first half.

No_Skill
October 9th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I love the fact that SHSU is flying under the radar.xthumbsupx

SHSU...never heard of them. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 08:29 AM
In my best John McEnroe...YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! ..Ok any FBS win is a good win but lets not hang our hat on that, it is looking less impressive every week! Now beating UNI at the end of the month would be somthing we could brag about!

Hanging my "hat" on what?

Gophers would beat most 1AA teams right now. They are still a 85 scholly team with athletes.

We'll see how Kill does next year but IMO, he will probably be gone in 3-4 yrs.

katstrapper
October 9th, 2011, 08:32 AM
SHSU...never heard of them. :D

ha ha... Not many people have ;)

For those who havent followed, here is Sam Houston five wins and next two games...

Western Illinois... 20-6
Central Arkansas... 31-10
New Mexico.......... 48-45
Texas-San Antonio.. 22-7
SFA....................... 45-10

Next two games.....

Nicholls St --- home (Homecoming)
McNeese St -- Away

TexasTerror
October 9th, 2011, 09:19 AM
October 22nd at McNeese...

The game that will either put SHSU legitimately in the driver's seat for the league title OR ...

I like the workman like attitude from the Kats that they no doubt get from their head coach. One game at a time. Fans will look to Oct. 22, but the Kats got that date against Nicholls circled. It's Homecoming!

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Hanging my "hat" on what?

Gophers would beat most 1AA teams right now. They are still a 85 scholly team with athletes.

We'll see how Kill does next year but IMO, he will probably be gone in 3-4 yrs.

Considering there are 126 FCS teams they would beat most of them. To think that only NDSU is capable of beating Minnesota is quite delusional, and you need to take off your maroon and gold colored glasses (you are obviously a closet Gopher fan).

There is no doubt NDSU is a good team, but you seem to make it out like they are head and shoulders above every other team. They very well could go undefeated but if you don't think teams like Indiana State and UNI are going to give them games you haven't seen either team play yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Considering there are 126 FCS teams they would beat most of them. To think that only NDSU is capable of beating Minnesota is quite delusional, and you need to take off your maroon and gold colored glasses (you are obviously a closet Gopher fan).

There is no doubt NDSU is a good team, but you seem to make it out like they are head and shoulders above every other team. They very well could go undefeated but if you don't think teams like Indiana State and UNI are going to give them games you haven't seen either team play yet.

Go back and read what I said. They would beat most teams in 1AA. Sure UNI and ISU could give them a run but they don't play them this year....the Bison did and beat them.

Are the Gophs a good FBS team right now....no, but they are still a FBS team from the Big 10 with 85 schollies.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Well, I guess when you have the best RB in the conference it makes perfect sense to put the game in the hands of your backup QB on his first start.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Well, I guess when you have the best RB in the conference it makes perfect sense to put the game in the hands of your backup QB on his first start.

He is good.

I was more impressed with your defense....they are good.

Thundar
October 9th, 2011, 11:14 AM

Your backup played really good I was impressed

TheBisonator
October 9th, 2011, 12:38 PM
There is no doubt NDSU is a good team, but you seem to make it out like they are head and shoulders above every other team.

I don't think any Bison fan on here is making that claim. We've been pointing out the double standard that other )east coast) fans seem to have towards GSU compared to NDSU.

Is it a crime to say that NDSU has a comparable undefeated resume to GSU at this point??

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Ya, lol....you're right.

What does this sound like to you? To me it sounds like someone saying only NDSU is good enough to go to TCF and dominate Minnesota.

But Bisonator you are right and Georgia Southern and NDSU do have comparable resumes at this point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2011, 04:37 PM
What does this sound like to you? To me it sounds like someone saying only NDSU is good enough to go to TCF and dominate Minnesota.But Bisonator you are right and Georgia Southern and NDSU do have comparable resumes at this point.

LOL....this is like driving in circles.....

We did go in and beat their a**es. Did UNI win their FBS game?

We go into Colorado State next year....we'll see if we can do it again. We go to Iowa in '15, we'll see if we can do it then.

Many, including most UNI fans, want to poo-poo our Gopher win....fine. But we still went into their house and beat them. This is why I cannot wait for the UNI game later this month.

darell1976
October 9th, 2011, 04:57 PM
What does this sound like to you? To me it sounds like someone saying only NDSU is good enough to go to TCF and dominate Minnesota.

But Bisonator you are right and Georgia Southern and NDSU do have comparable resumes at this point.

South Dakota did it last year.

heath
October 9th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Harvest Bowl-who wins ? On FCS central, I'll be watching

unigriff
October 9th, 2011, 07:27 PM
South Dakota did it last year.

As most of the world can attest to, The University of Minnesota football team has not been even close GOOD in a few years. To say they are even competitive is a laugher.
I would honestly expect any team at any level to walk in to THEIR House and win. Jerry Kill is on his way out unfortunately. Maybe they can beat Iowa again this year. That may be the only game all year I cheer for the Gophs

Terrierforlife
October 9th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Wofford did lose their FBS game...... by 8 to the #8 team in the Country (Clemson). Apples and Oranges. You guys do have a powerful squad. Gonna be a great playoff year. Good luck with the rest of your schedule.

DJKyR0
October 9th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Are we supposed to apologize for beating an FBS team? From what a few posters are making it out to be, beating Minnesota is more of a liability on our schedule than a benefit. Are we going to start holding it against Richmond, SUU, and Indiana State for beating Duke, UNLV and Western Kentucky? Not like any of those FBS teams are world-beaters.

One reason to love JBB and Lakes I guess, they inspire people to actively look for ways to belittle NDSU regardless of the accomplishments. Will we ever escape that menacing shadow?

Reign of Terrier
October 9th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't say it's a liability for NDSU, rather it tells us nothing about them because Minnesota is THAT bad

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Well maybe we wouldn't look for ways to belittle or we wouldn't poo-poo a victory over Minnesota if Bizon fans didn't keep trying to tell us how good they are. I mean all I hear is we beat Minnesota so we are the best. The problem is Minnesota isn't very strong. It should be considered a good win no doubt, but honestly beating UNI this year would be a better win than Minnesota. First, because it is in conference and might win you your first conference title. Second, because we are probably a better team than Minnesota this year. Heck beating SIU at SIU is a more important victory for NDSU this year, and may be a better win.

Winning games against FBS teams are nice, but in the grand scheme of the National Championship picture mean nothing. App State beat Michigan and sure it gave them national exposure, but I bet their fans were more happy with the National Championship at the end of the year. I would lose to a FBS team every year if it means we get to win a National Championship.

DJKyR0
October 9th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Well maybe we wouldn't look for ways to belittle or we wouldn't poo-poo a victory over Minnesota if Bizon fans didn't keep trying to tell us how good they are.

You're inferring this based on one Bison fan saying they'd like to see how Georgia Southern or another team fared in TCF Bank, right? Why are you assuming it's because Bison fans think those teams would get trashed and not the more likely answer of trying to get a litmus test of where our team sits versus those other top-tier FCS programs? Are you assuming the worst about our fanbase and our attitude towards our team because a few other guys have come across as total a-holes?

Swing by Bisonville and you'll see a lot of Bison fans adopting a very pragmatic approach regarding Missouri State next week despite that team's pretty underwhelming product on the field thus far. We know better than anyone that we don't have the luxury of taking anyone for granted, in part because of how we played against MSU specifically last season and in part because we're just two seasons removed from having one of the statistically worst defenses in program history.

I don't think you're going to find a reasonable Bison fan spouting off that we're going to beat the remainder of our schedule by six TDs a game, but it's funny how we're vilified by other fanbases for thinking we have a pretty darn good team. We have a top-5 defense and prior to two pretty shaky-looking games against two very capable defenses offensively, our offense looks like it's coming around. Wouldn't you feel pretty good about your chances against opponents in that case?

tl;dr Bison fans always are total blowhards and don't know enough about football to see how good their team is or isn't. C'mon, guys.

darell1976
October 9th, 2011, 09:22 PM
You're inferring this based on one Bison fan saying they'd like to see how Georgia Southern or another team fared in TCF Bank, right? Why are you assuming it's because Bison fans think those teams would get trashed and not the more likely answer of trying to get a litmus test of where our team sits versus those other top-tier FCS programs? Are you assuming the worst about our fanbase and our attitude towards our team because a few other guys have come across as total a-holes?

Swing by Bisonville and you'll see a lot of Bison fans adopting a very pragmatic approach regarding Missouri State next week despite that team's pretty underwhelming product on the field thus far. We know better than anyone that we don't have the luxury of taking anyone for granted, in part because of how we played against MSU specifically last season and in part because we're just two seasons removed from having one of the statistically worst defenses in program history.

I don't think you're going to find a reasonable Bison fan spouting off that we're going to beat the remainder of our schedule by six TDs a game, but it's funny how we're vilified by other fanbases for thinking we have a pretty darn good team. We have a top-5 defense and prior to two pretty shaky-looking games against two very capable defenses offensively, our offense looks like it's coming around. Wouldn't you feel pretty good about your chances against opponents in that case?

tl;dr Bison fans always are total blowhards and don't know enough about football to see how good their team is or isn't. C'mon, guys.

Lakes does a great job of that by himself. Minnesota is horrible we all know that, they would lose to most MAC teams. But its the bragging that NDSU beat a Big 10 team is what people are tired of. Yes you beat a Big 10 team...but a sh-tty one. If you beat Iowa that would mean something. But all we hear is how many FBS wins you have and 2 FBS wins against 2 BCS conferences (Kansas was sh-tty too). If UND would have beaten either Idaho or Fresno, I would brag that we got the FBS monkey off our back, and that we have rebound from last year, but there is a point to bragging. NDSU beat 2 cupcakes at home, then beat a crappy Minny team and you would think they won the National Title. I agree with UNIfan. I guarantee you that 9 points is not going to be enough to beat UNI.

DJKyR0
October 9th, 2011, 09:29 PM
Lakes does a great job of that by himself. Minnesota is horrible we all know that, they would lose to most MAC teams. But its the bragging that NDSU beat a Big 10 team is what people are tired of. Yes you beat a Big 10 team...but a sh-tty one. If you beat Iowa that would mean something. But all we hear is how many FBS wins you have and 2 FBS wins against 2 BCS conferences (Kansas was sh-tty too). If UND would have beaten either Idaho or Fresno, I would brag that we got the FBS monkey off our back, and that we have rebound from last year, but there is a point to bragging. NDSU beat 2 cupcakes at home, then beat a crappy Minny team and you would think they won the National Title. I agree with UNIfan. I guarantee you that 9 points is not going to be enough to beat UNI.

The point of talking up the Minnesota win is that, regardless of how awful their team is (and you're not going to find an NDSU supporter that isn't critical of Minnesota, to say the least), they've got 22 more scholarships and the facilities requisite a BCS-conference team to out-recruit us. Top to bottom, on paper, they should've beaten us, but didn't. I really don't get the dogging of NDSU schedule-wise when we haven't played a team lower than Division-I and half of the FCS has. Hell, three-quarters of UND's schedule are, but your definition, "cupcakes;" where's the hate for UND when the Bison are constantly getting doubted?

As far as UNI, plenty of Bison fans have some very serious concerns about that game, and rightly so. The Panthers have had our number since we've been eligible and last year's performance on our behalf was just embarrassing. Everyone will admit that and own up to it. Yet we come out now and think we have a chance and we get lambasted for it. I just don't get it.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Message board posters are always going to give your whole fan base a bad name. I have probably unfairly characterized NDSU fans, but I am sure they do the same about UNI fans. Fans on message boards tend to take things too personal. If I say Minnesota is bad so we still don't quite know what NDSU is this year it isn't an attack on NDSU. It is more more pointing out my opinion that NDSU is good, but to what level they are good we aren't sure. Are they MVFC champion good, are they National Champion good I don't know. Heck I feel the same way about UNI right now. We are both coming off games that could have been better. I would just like a little bit larger sample size. Once we start getting connected by common opponents we will all have a better view on the world.

I don't mean to judge everyone by a couple of people, but those ones are the loudest or post the most and skew my view on a whole fan base. I will work on that! xpeacex

FargoBison
October 9th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Where are all these bragging Bison fans at? No, lakes and JBB don't count.

Don't confuse bragging with being excited...Fans should be excited, it isn't like MN is some random FBS school to Bison fans, it is the big school in the region. I will say that the 2011 Gophers are the worst FBS we have beaten if that makes anyone feel better. But outside of beating MN in 2007, it is the second sweetest win. I guarantee fans of any FCS team would say the same if they beat the big FBS school in their region, no matter how bad that team is.

With all that said, winning a conference title and a FCS title would definitely be much sweeter than any FBS win.

darell1976
October 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
The point of talking up the Minnesota win is that, regardless of how awful their team is (and you're not going to find an NDSU supporter that isn't critical of Minnesota, to say the least), they've got 22 more scholarships and the facilities requisite a BCS-conference team to out-recruit us. Top to bottom, on paper, they should've beaten us, but didn't. I really don't get the dogging of NDSU schedule-wise when we haven't played a team lower than Division-I and half of the FCS has. Hell, three-quarters of UND's schedule are, but your definition, "cupcakes;" where's the hate for UND when the Bison are constantly getting doubted?

As far as UNI, plenty of Bison fans have some very serious concerns about that game, and rightly so. The Panthers have had our number since we've been eligible and last year's performance on our behalf was just embarrassing. Everyone will admit that and own up to it. Yet we come out now and think we have a chance and we get lambasted for it. I just don't get it.

See thread North Dakota at Southern Utah...its plump full of Bison fans with their 2 cents. Most of it has nothing to do with the game. So Minnesota has 22 more scholarships, so does Eastern Michigan, so does Western Kentucky, look at the team not the number of scholarships. Why do you think some FCS teams can beat some FBS teams and some get the sh-t kicked out of them, its the coaches and quality of players not the number of scholarships.

DJKyR0
October 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Message board posters are always going to give your whole fan base a bad name. I have probably unfairly characterized NDSU fans, but I am sure they do the same about UNI fans. Fans on message boards tend to take things too personal. If I say Minnesota is bad so we still don't quite know what NDSU is this year it isn't an attack on NDSU. It is more more pointing out my opinion that NDSU is good, but to what level they are good we aren't sure. Are they MVFC champion good, are they National Champion good I don't know. Heck I feel the same way about UNI right now. We are both coming off games that could have been better. I would just like a little bit larger sample size. Once we start getting connected by common opponents we will all have a better view on the world.

I don't mean to judge everyone by a couple of people, but those ones are the loudest or post the most and skew my view on a whole fan base. I will work on that! xpeacex

I can dig that, and as the rep will explain, I appreciate the take. It just gets ridiculous having to go around sites that some less-civil Bison fans have already gotten to and having to be judged by their garbage when I'm just on here supporting my team. I personally don't have any ill-will toward UNI as a program and have a lot of respect for how they conduct themselves in the face of the financial troubles they've had lately, and aside from one or two posters (your guy LakesPanther is a real gem) I think you guys have earned some ability to talk big - just like I think we have, to a degree proportionally lesser than 15 conference championships.

Just gets frustrating getting dogged for taking care of business when schools have done less and get praised for it. I can dig the Bison hate on sites like CS.com due to the aforementioned corruption of folks' view of the NDSU fanbase and the tremendous Big Sky slant that site has (and consequently the taking of sides between NDSU and UND), but it just doesn't make sense on here. Hopefully the few of us trying to build up some positive rap can do our part to not seem like the total jackwagons we're by-default perceived as.

DJKyR0
October 9th, 2011, 09:38 PM
With all that said, winning a conference title and a FCS title would definitely be much sweeter than any FBS win.

No contest on that one. I've been saying UNI is the biggest game on the schedule since April.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Where are all these bragging Bison fans at? No, lakes and JBB don't count.

Don't confuse bragging with being excited...Fans should be excited, it isn't like MN is some random FBS school to Bison fans, it is the big school in the region. I will say that the 2011 Gophers are the worst FBS we have beaten if that makes anyone feel better. But outside of beating MN in 2007, it is the second sweetest win. I guarantee fans of any FCS team would say the same if they beat the big FBS school in their region, no matter how bad that team is.

This exactly right. I would love to beat Iowa, and am still pretty pissed about the 2 blocked field goals in 09. But I would lose to them every year if it meant we were winning the conference and having a great shot at the National Championship.

Oh and side note this is my 1,000th post xnodx

darell1976
October 9th, 2011, 09:47 PM
This exactly right. I would love to beat Iowa, and am still pretty pissed about the 2 blocked field goals in 09. But I would lose to them every year if it meant we were winning the conference and having a great shot at the National Championship.

Oh and side note this is my 1,000th post xnodx

Congrats on 1000!!

Cat79
October 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Sam Houston is going to lose two games to two of the following three teams McNeese State, Northwestern State and Texas State. These three teams have better defense than the other teams that Sam Houston faced.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 10th, 2011, 06:15 AM
No contest on that one. I've been saying UNI is the biggest game on the schedule since April.

This year it is.

Don't try and apologize to other fans on here about NDSU......it is no use. The Bison have taken care of business so far and are 5-0. Only 2 other teams can say that.

Who cares if others on here poo-poo us. What I think is pretty laughable is what other fan bases say regarding NDSU. For instance: Only being 1AA playoff eligible for 3 years so that constitutes us being a "2nd tier" team, we need to "earn" respect by winning titles, we haven't been around long enough, well your OOC slate is weak........blah-blah-blah.

You know what DJKyRo........we were winning titles when these other teams were D2 also, we have one of the most successful programs at the FCS level, great fan support, if not the best, great FCS facilities. Maybe it is jealousy, I really could care less. NDSU should have moved up in the late 70s but that is history now. But we are here and will be a very good FCS program from now on.

Ya, lakes and JBB are probably not the best representatives of NDSU but you cannot change others opinion regarding us. What for?

We have a good team this year. Our offense has limped along the last 2 weeks but I think they are still improving. Our defense will keep us in every game....period. We are 5-0 with MSU coming to town. I think this game will not be close....alittle payback for last year. Then we go down to SDSU, which will give us a great game. Jacks always play us tough. Then probably the biggest game of the year.....UNI comes to town. Can they beat us? You bet. But we can also beat them. It should be a real headknocker.

Let others say what they want. We have a great, passionate fanbase. Just look at our message board (Bisonville) compared to others.....enough said. Many more posters and posts.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
That is a great point, how many "ACTIVE" members does your schools message board have? Bisonville has 748 active members. 3902 members. And typically 100+ guests online.

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 08:16 AM
That is a great point, how many "ACTIVE" members does your schools message board have? Bisonville has 748 active members. 3902 members. And typically 100+ guests online.

Siouxsports has 5677 total members and as of now 8:15 am 76 users online.

Twentysix
October 10th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Siouxsports has 5677 total members and as of now 8:15 am 76 users online.

How much of ss is hockey? My guess is most, but i really dont know. Bisonville has 135 users online at this moment..

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 08:23 AM
How much of ss is hockey? My guess is most, but i really dont know. Bisonville has 135 users online at this moment..

Hockey has the most topics, then football, then community. Sioux nickname has the 3rd most replies...surprise, surprise.

DJKyR0
October 10th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Hockey has the most topics, then football, then community. Sioux nickname has the 3rd most replies...surprise, surprise.

Out of curiosity it's going to be interesting to see how SS.com traffic is affected by the loss of the nickname.

TwoFeathers
October 10th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Am I correct that the highest ranked team Ga Southern has beaten is #23/24 Chatanooga? And that was a nail-biter. Not the strongest resume just yet.

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Out of curiosity it's going to be interesting to see how SS.com traffic is affected by the loss of the nickname.

It will be something. Also with the change of the name what will become of the Fighting Sioux Sports Network? UNDTV?

Twentysix
October 10th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Am I correct that the highest ranked team Ga Southern has beaten is #23/24 Chatanooga? And that was a nail-biter. Not the strongest resume just yet.

You are correct.

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
It will be something. Also with the change of the name what will become of the Fighting Sioux Sports Network? UNDTV?

Any ideas on what the new mascot is going to be? UND should try to avoid the debacle that was Ole Miss when they retired Colonel Reb.

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Any ideas on what the new mascot is going to be? UND should try to avoid the debacle that was Ole Miss when they retired Colonel Reb.

No idea, I just hope its not the Freeze or blizzard or anything after weather. Roughriders seem to be popular, or maybe something with the oil fields. I am sure the NCAA will make sure its PC.

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM
No idea, I just hope its not the Freeze or blizzard or anything after weather. Roughriders seem to be popular, or maybe something with the oil fields. I am sure the NCAA will make sure its PC.

Name them the Jets because of the aviation program and the hockey team to the north :D

darell1976
October 10th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Name them the Jets because of the aviation program and the hockey team to the north :D

Force was brought up but disreguarded because of the hockey team to the south.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN 16-6 Furman - 14:49 2Q
SAM HOUSTON STATE 24-0 Nicholls - Half
NORTH DAKOTA STATE vs Missouri State - 6:07 p.m. CT

frozennorth
October 15th, 2011, 10:05 PM
For those critical of the um win after michigan and purdue, after the ndsu game, kill started playing plenty more freshmen. Basically anyone he didn't think had sufficient drive is now warming the bench, regardless of talent. Hence, UM is much worse now than they were 3 weeks ago.

Strommer10
October 15th, 2011, 10:25 PM
All 3 undefeated teams remain after this week.

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
GEORGIA SOUTHERN 48-14 Presbyterian FINAL
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 38-14 South Dakota State FINAL
SAM HOUSTON STATE 38-14 9:52 4Q

Looking good for this week..

Next week... two phenomenal games on the docket...

GEORGIA SOUTHERN at Appalachian State
Northern Iowa at NORTH DAKOTA STATE
Lamar at SAM HOUSTON STATE

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Appalachian State 24-17 GEORGIA SOUTHERN, 9:24 4Q
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 17-13 Northern Iowa HT
SAM HOUSTON STATE 56-0 Lamar 2:00 3Q

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Appalachian State 24-17 GEORGIA SOUTHERN FINAL
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 17-13 Northern Iowa 13:55 3Q
SAM HOUSTON STATE 66-0 Lamar 3:00 4Q

RabidRabbit
October 29th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Is Lamar that lame, or SHSU that good?

NDSU is taking it to UNI. That home field is playing a big factor in the game.

TexasTerror
October 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Is Lamar that lame, or SHSU that good?

SHSU has rolled its last few opponents... Lamar, SFA & Nicholls.

NDSU is taking it to UNI. That home field is playing a big factor in the game.

Ballgame.

Saw NDSU pick of UNI on their final drive...

TheBisonator
October 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
And then, there was two...

NDSU 27 UNI 19, NDSU goes to 8-0
SHSU 125,000 I think, Lamar 0 SHSU goes to 8-0

blackfordpu
October 29th, 2011, 08:11 PM
And then, there was two...

NDSU 27 UNI 19, NDSU goes to 8-0
SHSU 125,000 I think, Lamar 0 SHSU goes to 8-0

Haha, that made me chuckle. You said it, I didn't. xlolx

BEAR
October 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm betting that Terror will start a thread that is titled, "Last two undefeated...." xrolleyesx

Twentysix
October 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I'm betting that Terror will start a thread that is titled, "Last two undefeated...." xrolleyesx

Maybe you should start it.

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 04:10 PM
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 20-10 at Indiana State - 12:51 4Q
SAM HOUSTON STATE 7-3 at Southeastern Louisiana - 15:00 2Q

TheBisonator
November 5th, 2011, 04:22 PM
NDSU wins 27-16, goes to 9-0. SHSU leading 14-3 early on

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 04:37 PM
NDSU wins 27-16, goes to 9-0. SHSU leading 14-3 early on

Make that 21-3...

Congrats NDSU!

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
SHSU and NDSU continue on to next week!

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2011, 06:06 PM
YOUR LAST UNDEFEATED TEAM.... SAM HOUSTON STATE!

SHSU wins 43-17 over Northwestern State.
NDSU loses 27-24 to Youngstown State.

MTfan4life
November 12th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Win or lose, SHSU very likely won't have to leave the state again this season.

dgreco
November 12th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Win or lose, SHSU very likely won't have to leave the state again this season.

Do you think they have a shot at the #1 seed.

TexasTerror
November 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Do you think they have a shot at the #1 seed.

I don't... unless SHSU beats TXST and Montana beats MSU next weekend...

Prior to NDSU loss, would have put SHSU as a No. 3 at best, but with win next week - SHSU is no worse than a No. 2, IMO.

Twentysix
November 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
What if UM wins the brawl... Does SHSU take #1?

At 10-1 does NDSU get a top 3 seed? Especially if MSU ends up 9-2

katstrapper
November 12th, 2011, 08:34 PM
And then there was one....

Kats looked a little sloppy today, but still got the big win... Unbelievable job by Coach Fritz and his staff.

10-0, 7-0 Southland Conference Champions 2011

katstrapper
November 12th, 2011, 08:37 PM
I don't... unless SHSU beats TXST and Montana beats MSU next weekend...

Prior to NDSU loss, would have put SHSU as a No. 3 at best, but with win next week - SHSU is no worse than a No. 2, IMO.

Maybe you should show up at a game sometime and watch this team in person!!

McNeese75
November 12th, 2011, 11:26 PM
If Montana State loses the Brawl the Kats should be #1