PDA

View Full Version : Colgate 38, Fordham 14

Go...gate
October 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Colgate gets back in the win column.

Fordham
October 1st, 2011, 04:53 PM
Congrats Gate.

Clearly seems to be the swan song for Masella in the Bronx.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Congrats Gate.

Clearly seems to be the swan song for Masella in the Bronx.

Good luck trying to hire a coach given the programs lack of direction right now.

Fordham
October 1st, 2011, 06:02 PM
Good luck trying to hire a coach given the programs lack of direction right now.

Much, much more interest in a full scholarship program than one with only need-based aid AND a league-wide, not school specific, AI.

RichH2
October 1st, 2011, 06:04 PM
Aout time, nothing personal but have never thought Rams staff was at all good, particularly in game

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 06:07 PM
Much, much more interest in a full scholarship program than one with only need-based aid AND a league-wide, not school specific, AI.

Keep telling yourself that. You don't have to work for the Fordham athletic department.

Fordham
October 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Keep telling yourself that. You don't have to work for the Fordham athletic department.
Help enlighten me and the board on how our job would be more attractive to a coach if we had never gone scholarship.

RichH2
October 1st, 2011, 06:27 PM
Schollie or no Fordham's lack of AD direcion is deadly' Certainly having merit aid gives you a wider draft of coachs but why would a really good one trust his career to an administration so inept in running its programs. Maybe Clawson will come back

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Help enlighten me and the board on how our job would be more attractive to a coach if we had never gone scholarship.

Scholarships blah blah blah. Some Fordham fans believe having scholarships automatically translates to an improvement in play. Well obviously that isn't the case. Your athletic department does not have a plan should the PL decide against adopting scholarships. Try selling a potential coach a program with an uncertain future that has inadequate facilites. But yes, you have scholarships, just like Charleston Southern who lost to a D3 team today.

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
Sorry it has not worked out so well for Masella, who seems like a very good guy.

As to where Fordham is going with scholarships, I have one word: Towson. It took a while but they are getting stronger and stronger. Fordham will end up in the same place before long, IMO. And it will be the PL Prexies' loss for having their heads in the sand.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Sorry it has not worked out so well for Masella, who seems like a very good guy.

As to where Fordham is going with scholarships, I have one word: Towson. It took a while but they are getting stronger and stronger. Fordham will end up in the same place before long, IMO. And it will be the PL Prexies' loss for having their heads in the sand.

Towson and Fordham have almost nothing in common. Towson not only added scholarships but they invested in their facilities. The Fordham athletic department is beyond inept.

Seawolf97
October 2nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
Towson and Fordham have almost nothing in common. Towson not only added scholarships but they invested in their facilities. The Fordham athletic department is beyond inept.

From what I hear I don't see vision in the Bronx. They are moving toward 2012 with no where to go conference wise , no facility upgrades in the works and not much fan support for funding. The fans talk of the glory days but I hope there aren't dark days
out there beyond 2012. You can play all the FBS teams you want without a conference it is a very unstable environment for coache's, recruits and the fans. I wish them luck .

Go...gate
October 2nd, 2011, 09:26 PM
No one ever said Frank McLaughlin is not living in a fantasy world as an AD. In addition, the Patriot League's maladies are not helping Fordham one bit either.

If I were Fordham I would be working like hell trying to get into the Big East, especially after the confab the conference had today.

DFW HOYA
October 2nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
If I were Fordham I would be working like hell trying to get into the Big East, especially after the confab the conference had today.

Georgetown hosted the presidents' meeting today. It's unlikely anyone asked for a tour of the MSF.