PDA

View Full Version : Under The Radar Game of The Week

Gringer1
September 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Sacramento State versus Montana State

BobCat Stadium

http://www.montana.edu/bobcats/images/facilities/bobcatstadium.jpg

Bozeman, Montana 1:35pm

I did write ups for several games a few years ago and I would like to get started on a few for this year. This week, I look at the Hornets and the Bobcats.

The Sacramento State Hornets (2-2) will travel to Montana State (3-1) to take on the Bobcats. Sacramento started the season off with a thrilling 1 point victory over FBS Oregon State in overtime. Montana State started their season with a competitive game against FBS Utah. Montana State is looking to tie Weber for 1st place in the Big Sky and stands to overtake the Grizzlies of Montana as the state's dominant team for the year.

Offense

When these 2 teams met last year, the numbers were staggering. Over 1,000 combined offensive yards and a 64-61 final score gave the Bobcats the win. This year, Sacramento State's offense is a picture of balanced productivity. They are averaging 182.2 yards per game rushing and 207 yards passing. Montana State's offense is just as balanced, averaging 203.5 yards on the ground and 218.8 through the air. This kind of balance will force both defenses to play sound football. The play action pass could be the key to winning the game for both offenses.

Defense

Montana State is giving up 118 yards per game on the ground and 165.8 in the air. Sacramento is allowing 214.2 yards rushing and 220.8 passing. Montana holds the defensive advantage and the play of their defensive line will be key to their team's effort.

The Pick

I give Montana State the edge due to superior defensive play and home field advantage. Both teams will put up good numbers on offense, but Sacramento State will end up falling too far behind in the 2nd half.

Montana State 34 Sacramento State 18

Gringer1
October 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
Montana State 34 Sacramento State 18

I have to plug my prediction here a little bit. Actual score Montana State 31, Sacramento State 21. Pretty close.