PDA

View Full Version : Not Playing the 12th Game

TexasTerror
April 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Do you really think all institutions are going to up to the 12th game if passed?

A fan that typically is in the known on the Central Arkansas fan board said that they would not play a 12th game, "unless out of somewhere a nice money situation presents itself". Central Arkansas has a tough situation as is because they are playing all over the country this year because they are an independent as they make the transition.

How many football-playing institutions properly budgeted themselves just in case a 12th game came about? It's really been a close issue and no one can be sure it will pass. We know most of these schools have budget issues as is. Especially if going on the road, these games cost thousands upon thousands of dollars for football programs.

So, do you think unless the ideal situation presents itself, that your team would play a 12th game?

My hopes for SHSU is that we do get a 12th game, preferably against a Texas Southern or Prairie View A&M. Granted, we're going to have to spend more money, it would definitely be a cheaper alternative to play against one of these two institutions, as no matter who travels, it would be a "day trip" and the schools are only an hour apart, so there may very well be a good traveling delgation from either school that has to travel, which may help the money issue.

th0m
April 22nd, 2006, 07:44 AM
I don't think JMU will, although that will most likely be because we suck at scheduling, not because we don't want to. (Would love to play an in-state I-AA foe, like Hampton or Norfolk State)

JMU Duke Dog
April 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
In Fredericksburg yesterday, JMU AD Jeff Bourne made some statements regarding a 12 game regular season. He said JMU will be playing 11 games in 2006 if the measure passes, but JMU would start to look for a 12th game for 2007 if it passes. He also said that only three A10 members support passing the measure for 12 regular season games for I-AA (I-PCG), and that JMU was one of these three.

mikebigg
April 22nd, 2006, 12:21 PM
I think Grambling would love a 12th game...it might open things up for possibly playing ULM (past negotiations have occurred), LaTech or Northwestern in Shreveport...OR possibly playing Tulane, Southeastern, Nichols, etc in Nawlins at Tad Gormley.

TexasTerror
April 22nd, 2006, 12:25 PM
I think Grambling would love a 12th game...it might open things up for possibly playing ULM (past negotiations have occurred), LaTech or Northwestern in Shreveport...OR possibly playing Tulane, Southeastern, Nichols, etc in Nawlins at Tad Gormley.

Tad Gormley? Why not the Superdome? :)

Gormley in all honesty took a beating during Katrina. What's it's status now?

Article om Gormley from October:
http://www.nola.com/search/index.ssf?/base/sports-20/1130651991241070.xml?nola

mainejeff
April 22nd, 2006, 01:41 PM
Maine most likely will not play 12 either since they haven't even got 11 scheduled yet.:(

colgate13
April 22nd, 2006, 04:13 PM
I would venture the entire Patriot League does not play a 12th game right off the bat - if ever.

JohnStOnge
April 22nd, 2006, 08:39 PM
McNeese will play a 12th game at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette if the 12th game is approved. The agreement has been made pending the NCAA decision. ULL had a home game with Ohio scheduled for September 16th but Ohio canceled.

If the NCAA votes to allow I-AAs a 12th game, the contest is on.

DFW HOYA
April 22nd, 2006, 09:07 PM
You can count out the Ivy--they don't even play 11.

mikebigg
April 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
McNeese will play a 12th game at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette if the 12th game is approved. The agreement has been made pending the NCAA decision. ULL had a home game with Ohio scheduled for September 16th but Ohio canceled.

If the NCAA votes to allow I-AAs a 12th game, the contest is on.

Now that's a good decision...I would like to see all the La schools work out some type of round robin game to open the season on Aug 31st.

Ronbo
April 23rd, 2006, 07:05 AM
Montana already has a deal with Caroll College for a home game to open the season if they pass the 12th game. I guess the rule of when the season can start must be addressed too. We need a bye week so a 12th game must be in the last Saturday of August for this to work.

OL FU
April 23rd, 2006, 10:14 AM
I doubt Furman would play 12 in 2006. What was the last year I-AA played 12 because I don't recall FU playing 12 in recent memory.

Our open date is prior to the start of the playoffs. I don't think we would try to fill in the schedule on that date and I know we would not play earlier. School does not start until mid-September, so the students are not around and the Fball players have to report early enough as it is.

Typically we schedule road games during early September, this year we have two homes.

Cocky
April 23rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
I'm sure we will if one is available. We need the money.

McNeeserocket
April 24th, 2006, 10:57 AM

How about renewing a hm and hm with McNeese? Would love to play you all again! I had a great time at Grambling when McNeese played there in 2003.

ASU Kep
April 25th, 2006, 01:03 AM
I doubt Furman would play 12 in 2006. What was the last year I-AA played 12 because I don't recall FU playing 12 in recent memory.

Our open date is prior to the start of the playoffs. I don't think we would try to fill in the schedule on that date and I know we would not play earlier. School does not start until mid-September, so the students are not around and the Fball players have to report early enough as it is.

Typically we schedule road games during early September, this year we have two homes.

Classes don't start until mid-September @ Furman? Ya'll have got home games starting on the 2nd. Damn, that sucks. I didn't know anybody started that late. I think we get back around the 23rd or so of August if I'm remembering right.