PDA

View Full Version : The Yale (2-0) at Lehigh (3-1) Thread

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Game preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/09/game-preview-week-5-yale-at-lehigh.html

Who will win... the Yank Townsend trophy? xcoolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 30th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Those that are fearing a letdown can breathe easy. Lehigh certainly has payback on their mind.

Lehigh's video preview of Yale game.
http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/1314-lehigh-vs-yale-preview.aspx

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Game preview:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2011/09/game-preview-week-5-yale-at-lehigh.html

If you can have a Yank Townsend trophy with Yale, I seriously want a Fielding Yost trophy with Penn. xrolleyesx

If we win, the Quakers will have to "Toast the Yost."

bulldog10jw
September 30th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Those that are fearing a letdown can breathe easy. Lehigh certainly has payback on their mind.

Lehigh's video preview of Yale game.
http://www.lehighsports.com/videos/1314-lehigh-vs-yale-preview.aspx

I certainly don't think Yale will have a let down after their big opening Ivy League win and an even bigger game against Dartmouth next week. This is an "in between" game for Yale, but with a lot of seniors starting, there should be no looking ahead.. xsmiley_wix

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
If you can have a Yank Townsend trophy with Yale, I seriously want a Fielding Yost trophy with Penn. xrolleyesx

If we win, the Quakers will have to "Toast the Yost."

The funny thing is that college football history makes a big deal out of the "Hurry-up Yost" event at Penn, but Yost had little to no impact on the game.

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
The funny thing is that college football history makes a big deal out of the "Hurry-up Yost" event at Penn, but Yost had little to no impact on the game.

His impact is a grudge that Penn has held against up for 120 years. Yost was only there for a week; not much time to get into the playbook. Was that a tail back sweep right, or a tailback sweep left?

EDIT: Check it out; I understand that carney2 actually was at the game:

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9A0DE7D7133BEE33A25756C2A9669D94679ED7CF

. . . . and it looks as if the entire officiating crew was from Yale.

crusader11
September 30th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Does Yale cover (10.5)? I think they do, but struggling with it.

RichH2
September 30th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Noticed line on Yale has dropped a lot since it opened. A note , if heavy rain this game could be more of a slog fest rather than a trackmeetxconfusedx

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 10:05 AM
His impact is a grudge that Penn has held against up for 120 years. Yost was only there for a week; not much time to get into the playbook. Was that a tail back sweep right, or a tailback sweep left?

EDIT: Check it out; I understand that carney2 actually was at the game:

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?res=9A0DE7D7133BEE33A25756C2A9669D94679ED7CF

. . . . and it looks as if the entire officiating crew was from Yale.

Yost was actually a lineman. I think Barclay was the HB. There is actually a really great picture floating around out there of the game... which is a minor miracle because there are hardly any game photos from that era. What makes it even more miraculous is that the picture shows perhaps the very first time the football helmet being in use. And despite the claim that Barclay invented it, more than one player is wearing it!

bulldog10jw
September 30th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Noticed line on Yale has dropped a lot since it opened. A note , if heavy rain this game could be more of a slog fest rather than a trackmeetxconfusedx

Please, not another 7-0 game. xsmhx

RichH2
September 30th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Please, not another 7-0 game. xsmhx

I thought you might post as we were both at the last debacle. I dont care if it rains before or after just not too heavily during. Field drains well so s/b OK . I hope. Oh, would be nice if rain eased up for the tailgate but not essential . Let s hope for a good game with no serious injuries for anyone. As important as this game is for LU it is still an OOC

bulldog10jw
September 30th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I thought you might post as we were both at the last debacle. I dont care if it rains before or after just not too heavily during. Field drains well so s/b OK . I hope. Oh, would be nice if rain eased up for the tailgate but not essential . Let s hope for a good game with no serious injuries for anyone. As important as this game is for LU it is still an OOC

I agree. It is an important game for Yale, to see how we stack up against a really good team, but it is OOC.

If it does rain, Chris Smith, our very good wide out and kick returner will probably not play as he twinged his hamstring last week. The coaches would probably hold him out for next weeks game against Dartmouth.

Wish I could be there.

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 11:03 AM
There is actually a really great picture floating around out there of the game... which is a minor miracle because there are hardly any game photos from that era.

The Fielding Yost Affair - Lafayette at Penn, October 24, 1896. Lafayette is in the stripes, I believe.

http://mvictors.com/WordPress/images/2009/LafayettePennFootballOct23.1896_thumb.jpg

Lafayette defeated Penn 6-4, handing the Quakers their first loss in three years, and giving Lafayette the first of its three national football titles. Of course, that would be a Yale official standing in the foreground.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
That's the one... yes we are stripes and you can barely make out the two helmets.

What's your obsession with the Yale officiating? We don't see them for two weeks...

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
I agree. It is an important game for Yale, to see how we stack up against a really good team, but it is OOC.

If it does rain, Chris Smith, our very good wide out and kick returner will probably not play as he twinged his hamstring last week. The coaches would probably hold him out for next weeks game against Dartmouth.

Wish I could be there.

You guys are deep at wideout, but losing Smith in the kickoff return game, IMO, would be a huge blow to you guys.

bulldog10jw
September 30th, 2011, 11:23 AM
You guys are deep at wideout, but losing Smith in the kickoff return game, IMO, would be a huge blow to you guys.

It WOULD be a big blow. He has given us great field position it seems like every time he returns a kick

http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

Chris Smith will be game-time decision

Junior receiver Chris Smith's injured hamstring once again kept him out of practice on Thursday. He will make the trip to Lehigh for Saturday's road opener and there is a chance he can still play but Yale coach Tom Williams said that decision won't be made until he goes through pre-game drills on Saturday.

"I am just working a lot in the training room with (trainer) Dave (DiNapoli) and doing a lot of strengthening exercises trying to be ready to go for Lehigh. I am making the trip, hopefully it will loosen up for game time and I’ll be ready to go.

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 11:44 AM
What's your obsession with the Yale officiating? We don't see them for two weeks...

This nominally is a Yale thread. I wanted to avoid blatant hijacking, so it seemed like a tidy tie-in.

carney2
September 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM

You can come up with a "Yank Townsend trophy," but not answer the simple question

WHERE'S THE CANNON, YOU THIEVES?!!!!!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2011, 12:13 PM
I see that Lafayette's thread-hijacking abilities are undiminshed by the lackluster play of their football team. xlolx

RichH2
September 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Bogie and Carney just have too much time on their hands and too little actual football to root for in Pardland

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
You can come up with a "Yank Townsend trophy," but not answer the simple question

WHERE'S THE CANNON, YOU THIEVES?!!!!!

Seriously... we should put that trophy back in play.

I still think we should find the last piece of Bethlehem Steel, cut a piece, and use it as the trophy. Or make a new cannon out of it.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Bogie and Carney just have too much time on their hands and too little actual football to root for in Pardland

Well we have no hope of beating Harvard this weekend so we are just killing time for the Yale game.

RichH2
September 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Well we have no hope of beating Harvard this weekend so we are just killing time for the Yale game.

Both our games will be tough. Y is no walkover. I think Pard D can keep you in the game. Pard qb rather a loose cannon but that kind of wildcard can win games you 're not supposed too ( unfortunately it works the other way also). Hope springs eternal perhaps your qb will too

carney2
September 30th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I still think we should find the last piece of Bethlehem Steel, cut a piece, and use it as the trophy. Or make a new cannon out of it.

Paid for by...or...how about...

alvinkayak6
September 30th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Someone should start a thread about all the rivalry trophies in the FCS and make a sticky. My recommendation.

carney2
September 30th, 2011, 02:34 PM
Paid for by...or...how about...

Forget it. I WANT THAT FREAKIN' CANNON! What are we gonna do? Do we need to pass the hat? Do we need the Squawks to put on some dust masks, poke around in dark places and take inventory? We need some organization. Who's in?! We could forget about that limp-wristed "The Rivalry," and make it "The Battle For The Little Brass Cannon."

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
We could forget about that limp-wristed "The Rivalry,"..

No. xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 03:59 PM

Whaddya mean? It's going to be a H-Y-P sweep again this year. I'm thinking positive. xawesomex

Forget it. I WANT THAT FREAKIN' CANNON! What are we gonna do? Do we need to pass the hat? Do we need the Squawks to put on some dust masks, poke around in dark places and take inventory? We need some organization. Who's in?! We could forget about that limp-wristed "The Rivalry," and make it "The Battle For The Little Brass Cannon."

I second this proposal.

And I want to establish the Fielding Yost Trophy as well. In fact, I am hereby declaring, in a most unauthorized and meritless fashion, the existence of the 2011 First Inaugural Fielding Yost Trophy. It has been awarded to Lafayette College, nunc pro tunc.

RichH2
September 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I'll raise yournunc pro tunc by 2 nisi prius and a writ of mandamus

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM
I'll raise yournunc pro tunc by 2 nisi prius and a writ of mandamus

Well, ipse dixit to you, too! And habeas corpus on that cannon, if it please the court.

LUHawker
September 30th, 2011, 05:38 PM
As important as this game is for LU it is still an OOC

Stop hedging, RichH. Lehigh should win this game and a solid showing would help the rankings, which will either help get a 1st round playoff bye or get them in should they falter in the PL.

van
September 30th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Agree, Lehigh should win. Solid showing against Yale moves us up one, maybe two spots in the rankings this week unless some really weird stuff happens. falter in the PL will drop us 4 or 5 spots. I will settle for a clean game with no bone head mistakes.

Pard4Life
September 30th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Whaddya mean? It's going to be a H-Y-P sweep again this year. I'm thinking positive. xawesomex

I second this proposal.

And I want to establish the Fielding Yost Trophy as well. In fact, I am hereby declaring, in a most unauthorized and meritless fashion, the existence of the 2011 First Inaugural Fielding Yost Trophy. It has been awarded to Lafayette College, nunc pro tunc.

You are on the verge of copying my long-thought of idea... The Fielding Yost Society... the radical fanatical faction of Lafayette football, or just the hard-core and long-term supporters dedicated to winning Lafayette football...

... and then mocking Penn after they do their "toast"... as we unfurl a banner and sing a song of "Let's toast to the Yost" and taunt Penn for their 6-4 defeat in 1896... of course this isn't 1910 anymore and nobody likes to sing football cheer songs...

carney2
September 30th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Why are we wasting time talking about a meaningless Squawks game? There's a cannon to be found. Get to work, Squawkers. You stole it. You lost it. You find it. Get on some old clothes and get ye into the dungeons under all those dark, dank structures in South Bethlehem. This Saturday's a great day to begin the search. It's gonna rain. FIND THAT FREAKIN' CANNON!

Ivytalk
September 30th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Why are we wasting time talking about a meaningless Squawks game? There's a cannon to be found. Get to work, Squawkers. You stole it. You lost it. You find it. Get on some old clothes and get ye into the dungeons under all those dark, dank structures in South Bethlehem. This Saturday's a great day to begin the search. It's gonna rain. FIND THAT FREAKIN' CANNON!

I'll say Lehigh 35, Yale 27. Carney, check your PMs!

ngineer
September 30th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Not hearng 'heavy rain' right now, but 'possible scattered showers'. Although Witt has a great arm, he's not at mobile as Brown or the Princeton QB, so I would think good pressure will keep him under control. I'm thinking 34-17.

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2011, 09:53 PM
You are on the verge of copying my long-thought of idea... The Fielding Yost Society... the radical fanatical faction of Lafayette football, or just the hard-core and long-term supporters dedicated to winning Lafayette football...

... and then mocking Penn after they do their "toast"... as we unfurl a banner and sing a song of "Let's toast to the Yost" and taunt Penn for their 6-4 defeat in 1896... of course this isn't 1910 anymore and nobody likes to sing football cheer songs...

I'm with you there. In fact, I started to pen an easy-to-sing little ditty called "Toast the Yost" earlier in the week. I'm away from my piano this weekend so I can't practice. I promise never to sing it for anyone, though! xlolx

Seriously, fans will sing if the song has a narrow range and a memorable cadence. Anybody ever been to a Philadelphia Eagles game? The entire stadium spontaneously sings "Fly, Eagles Fly" after every score. The Cowboys hate that song.

I say that the Fielding Yost Society does exists. Pard4Life is President of the society. Carney can be Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. I also declare the Fielding Yost Trophy to be annual event. Of course nothing truly is real until LFN blogs about it . . .

Here's to our humble little college on the hill, inventors of the helmet, the huddle, and the recruiting scandal. xbeerchugx

DFW HOYA
September 30th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Seriously, fans will sing if the song has a narrow range and a memorable cadence. Anybody ever been to a Philadelphia Eagles game? The entire stadium spontaneously sings "Fly, Eagles Fly" after every score. The Cowboys hate that song.

Really? Most Cowboys fans have never heard of it, myself included. Maybe it's a stadium-only thing, but I'm sure many more have heard of "Hail To The Redskins".

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Really? Most Cowboys fans have never heard of it, myself included. Maybe it's a stadium-only thing, but I'm sure many more have heard of "Hail To The Redskins".

I don't know about Cowboys fans (there aren't too many at The Linc) but the Cowboys don't like it. I am basing my statement on an interview with Jason Witten, who remarked, "We hate that song." Exact words.

Typically you don't hear it on television because it is sung after the extra point is kicked, during the commercial break. Fox really can't stay on the air just for that song. Fortunately, Fox always does pan the camera to a quick shot of Jerry Jones stammering and gesticulating in agony. It's mighty decent of Fox to do that, and Jones seems to relish the face-time, regardless of the circumstances.

I don't know if Jones has any connection to Yale or Lehigh!

carney2
October 1st, 2011, 08:20 AM
Not hearng 'heavy rain' right now, but 'possible scattered showers'. Although Witt has a great arm, he's not at mobile as Brown or the Princeton QB, so I would think good pressure will keep him under control. I'm thinking 34-17.

Don't know about "heavy," but the latest is 70% chance of rain during game hours.

ngineer
October 1st, 2011, 08:26 AM
Don't know about "heavy," but the latest is 70% chance of rain during game hours.

Latest forecast is overcast with temps around 60 at kickoff. The rain, which is supposed to be "light to moderate" is not supposed to arrive, from the north, until 3 p.m.--roughtly around the beginning of the fourth quarter (12:30 kickoff).

Pard4Life
October 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
The sun is out with blue skies, high ceiling clouds in my area!

RichH2
October 1st, 2011, 08:33 AM
Stop hedging, RichH. Lehigh should win this game and a solid showing would help the rankings, which will either help get a 1st round playoff bye or get them in should they falter in the PL. I agree the game is important and a win will solidify a good ranking but it is not a make or break game. A loss moves us down a bit we need to win PL . I was at 2009 game. I want us to clobber Y . Will be a tough game no matter the weather. My pick LU 28 Y 17

alvinkayak6
October 1st, 2011, 09:04 AM
A battle of great quarterbacks at the FCS level, which will not be discussed on College Gameday. As is the case with Sacramento State, North Dakota State, and Richmond beating BCS teams.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
Had to take one for the team today so I'm not at the game.

Go Hawks!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:40 AM
Lehigh picks Witt than Johnson fumbles the ball on the return. First down Yale.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:41 AM
Lehigh recovers a fumble two plays later. Lehigh's front seven is abusing the Yale OL.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:44 AM
Lehigh driving, at the Yale 28....

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:48 AM
Lehigh settles for a chip shot FG.

3-0 LU 8:43 1Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:54 AM
Lehigh's special teams cost them again as they fumble a punt return.

Yale 1st and 10 at the Lehigh 20. The Hawks have completely dominated this game so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 11:56 AM
Chagani blasts Witt and forces a fumble. Lehigh 1st and 10.

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 11:58 AM
It does seem like Yale is outclassed so far

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Colvin scores on the QB keeper!!

10-0 Lehigh, 0:30 1Q

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM
Yale cannot be handing Lehigh points like that

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Lucky

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:12 PM
Wow, Witt just heaved that up. I can't believe Randall caught it.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:17 PM
TD Yale, Randall had two really big catches in that drive.

10-7 Lehigh 11:49 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:23 PM
Baldwin tips the ball up and Yale gets the INT. Lots of turnovers in this one so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:26 PM
Lehigh's defense steps up, Yale misses a FG! Yale has had ridiculous field position so far yet only has 7 points.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM
Great drive by Lehigh!! Lum to Drawl for a TD!! Another sp mistake as Yale blocks the XP. ugh!!

16-7 Lehigh 4:47 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
Witt gets stripped as Lehigh continues to bring the pressure. Lehigh ball.

Yale doing a really good job of knocking Lum's passes down.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:41 PM
QB's having so so results

Lum 1 TD 2 Int
Witt 1 TD 1 INt 2 fumbles...

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:44 PM
Witt now with 4 turnovers for the game.

Lehigh needs to go for the throat before half

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 12:53 PM
Lehigh absolutely killing themselves with penalties although the block in the back Sherman was questionable. They had the ball at the Yale 10 and went backwards.

Lehigh misses a 40 yard FG to end the half

16-7 Lehigh at the Half

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 12:55 PM
Yale is lucky it is this close. The defense has actually played a bit better than they have so far this year, but the O has been terrible.

Lehigh gets the ball to start the 2nd half. Yale has to hold them to have a shot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:00 PM
Lehigh needs to commit to running the ball. They've gotten a bit too pass happy against Yale's soft zone.

Lum had 31 pass attempts in the first half

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
Lehigh goes 3 and out on their first possession of the 2nd half. Yale player fumbles the punt but the Eli recover.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Lehigh forces a Yale 3 and out. Lehigh needs to find a killer instinct! They let teams hang around too long.

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Lehigh forces a Yale 3 and out. Lehigh needs to find a killer instinct! They let teams hang around too long.

Yale had a first down. Actually a 4 and out

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Why won't Lehigh run the ball?

Yale has batted down 7 passes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Lehigh's defense is playing great. The offense needs to finish this off.

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Yale's defense is playing surprisingly well. The offense needs to do something.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:32 PM
What a throw by Lum!! TD Lehigh!

23-7 Lehigh 6:34 3Q

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 01:33 PM
I spoke too soon. Doesn't look good.

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM
If Yale doesn't do something here, I'll have to switch to the D-Backs xmadx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Yale WR dropped a potential TD there. Instead Yale is forced to punt and the kick goes 12 yards. 1st and 10 Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Lum is flat out dealing right now!!

30-7 Lehigh 0:31 3Q

bulldog10jw
October 1st, 2011, 01:46 PM
Congrats, Lehigh. Yale was outclassed.

Go D-Backs

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
TD Sherman!

Lehigh 37 Yale 7 12:26 4Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 02:18 PM
Lehigh wins 37-7. Excellent second half for the Hawks. Lum, Spadola and Drawl were fantastic! This was also their best defensive performance since UNI. They completely shut down the Eli offense.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2011, 02:57 PM
My pick 'em for this game was 35-9. Not to shabby.

Unfortunately, my Pards did not fare so well. Congrats to the Pigeons on this win. That Holy Cross/Lehigh game is going to be a good one, for sure.

Sly Fox
October 1st, 2011, 03:04 PM
Congrats to the Mountain Hawks. Our 3-point loss last week might actually look decent by season's end if you guys keep this up.

RichH2
October 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM
Much better win than I thought Witt really doesn't like getting hit. HC-LU should be a barn burner. Not good for my mental health , which is rather shaky anyhow. Time for a G&T

The Historian
October 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Those pro scouts there to see Witt must have wondered why.

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Those pro scouts there to see Witt must have wondered why.

Dear Mr. Historian - where is the friggin' cannon?

Pro scouts probably have more notes on Lum than on Witt.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Just finished watching the game. To me, the story was dropped passes by Yale. They got open a fair amout, but I can count three drops off the top of my head that could have been scores, not to mention the TD overturned by a holding call. Of course, a good portion of that was Lehigh's defense playing extremely well, but you can't say Yale had no opportunities to keep this game close.

Eventually, Lehigh's offense got going, against the toughest defense they've faced this year, and pulled away for an impressive win. xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
October 1st, 2011, 04:21 PM
Pro scouts probably have more notes on Lum than on Witt.

I hope! xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
October 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
Just finished watching the game. To me, the story was dropped passes by Yale. They got open a fair amount, but I can count three drops off the top of my head that could have been scores, not to mention the TD overturned by a holding call . . . Eventually, Lehigh's offense got going, against the toughest defense they've faced this year . . . .

Nonsense. Lehigh completely blew them away.

You Squakers now have 24 hours to crow about it - but that's all you're allowed.

ngineer
October 1st, 2011, 07:44 PM
I was there and felt we physically dominated them on defense. Good pressure on Witt most of the game. Very sloppy with turnovers galore in the first half. Curious as to why we didn't roll the pocket after the several knockdown passes by Yale's tall DL. Drwal made some filthy catches...one that should be on the ESPN highlight show with a one-hander that looked like he was catching a baseball and then just pulling it in. Secondary played well and the pressure on Witt helped. While Witt is very good mechanically, he telegraphs where he's throwing, hence the ints..should have been two more that were dropped. A silver lining on a missed play was the field goal attempt by Divers. Missed the 40 yarder-wide left-BUT he showed a much stronger leg than I had seen up until now. If straight, the would have been good from 50 yards and was against a slight wind. Lum is impressive in that despite the early struggles, he doesn't let it bother him. He came out dealing aces in the second half. Good adjustments at half by Cecchini. Yale obviously doubling Spadola alot, opened up other avenues. Barket and Sherman continued running well and the OL continues to impress. Still a lot of mistakes, but this was a a good ol' ***-whipping of a good team. We are the real deal and can run the table if the players just focus one week at a time.