PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Night Football: Jackson State-Texas Southern

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:37 PM
And we are underway with the the HBCU game of the week on ESPNU. This will be a great chance for FCS fans to see Jackson State QB Casey Therriault.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Therriault used play action to make a big play to his TE Renty Rollins early on the first drive for 25 yards into TSU territory.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:41 PM
After some early promise, the JSU drive ground to a halt and the Tigers decided to punt rather than go for a long field goal attempt.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:45 PM
There was a nice sack by Jackson State to key JSU's first defensive stop. 0-0 with less than nine minutes left in the first period.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I always shake my head when these announcers for these games talk about the Black National Championship. For crying out loud, there is one national championship in FCS and it is settled on the field, not by some poll.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Casey Therriault is getting featured and they are talking about his six-month sentence in prison for a bar fight. Sounds like he got hosed for a fight that was started by the guy who eventually died of injuries that other inflicted on him, not Therriault.

They also mentioned that Therriault played junior college football at College of the Sequoias in Visalia, CA. COS was one of the programs I covered very early in my writing career, when I was attending Fresno City College. Those two schools were huge rivals and had great JC football traditions.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Texas Southern go the ball back on a fumble by JSU's Rakim Sims, with Darveon Trahan recovering in JSU territory.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Texas Southern has been nearly a break-even team in the red zone (9-of-16) this year (not going to repeat as a SWAC champion like that) and it showed after it moved inside the 10. After delay of game penalty messed up a 33-yard field goal (that looked like it was heading wide anyway), TSU went for it on fourth and 21 and was stopped on the JSU four to give JSU the ball deep in its own territory.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Question of the night: Who is the greatest player in SWAC history? In terms of its FCS history, I'd have to go with Jerry Rice. But there were a lot of great ones before that.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:01 PM
ESPNU is asking that question on Twitter.com/ESPNU

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
JSU is facing a third and 12 from the two after a missed audible by a wide receiver (whoops).

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Fourth down and a punt coming from the end zone.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:05 PM
Casey Therriault is getting a lot of pressure, but I think his receivers are much of the problem thus far. Illegal substitution for TSU gave JSU a little more room to get off a punt. It is TSU's ball at the JSU 45.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Holding wipes out a big gain for TSU QB Smalls.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Rico Smalls used a bootleg to go for 13 yards and a first down to the JSU 34.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Nice fill of the hole and hit by JSU safety Todd Wilcher forces a third down.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:11 PM
A pass breakup forces fourth down for TSU inside the JSU 30 as the first quarter ends.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Is anyone else watching this game tonight? Feel free to post your comments and ask questions as we follow this important SWAC game. It is always more fun when we get feedback from everyone.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I like what Jackson State is doing on defense thus far, particularly in the secondary. JSU takes over.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:15 PM
A bust in the secondary goes for 42 yards from Casey Therriault to Rollins. Adrian Bennett saved a TD for TSU at the 30.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:18 PM
On the next play Tommy Goodin raced off-tackle for a Jackson State TD. It is 6-0 with 14:10 left in the second quarter after the PAT was blocked on a low kick after a high snap.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:22 PM
There was a nice pancake block by fullback Marquese Dunn on Goodin's TD run.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Not much of a kicking game for Texas Southern? The short kick earlier was way wide and they've not even tried since then despite being in Jackson State territory a couple of times.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Texas Southern just ran one of the worst waggle plays I have seen in 35 years of covering college football. Rico Smalls was running for his life and had to throw the ball away to save a sack.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Nice catch by Daniels. He looked like he was going to fall on his face but managed to keep his legs under him.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Not much of a kicking game for Texas Southern? The short kick earlier was way wide and they've not even tried since then despite being in Jackson State territory a couple of times.

There was actually a delay of game on the field goal attempt before the play got off, but it would have missed anyway. Apparently, TSU had to recruit a kicker with an open tryout.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Jay Walker may have been a great QB at Howard in the day, but he needs some work on the rules. The Jackson State screen pass was well within the rules. It wasn't ineligible receiver downfield. Come on, Jay.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Nice catch by Daniels. He looked like he was going to fall on his face but managed to keep his legs under him.

JSU needed to get a good catch. The receivers haven't helped Casey Therriault a whole lot.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
ESPNU was just showing some highlights of Jerry Rice and Walter Payton as the debate continues on the greatest SWAC player of all-time. Anyone know what the announcers were talking about with a "controversial" Walter Payton bio coming out?

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Good catch in traffic. Touchdown Jackson State.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Casey Therriault threw into double coverage, with Marcellos Wilder making a great leaping catch in the end zone for a 46-yard score. It's 13-0 JSU with 12:10 left in the half.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Casey Therriault got nailed right after he released the ball on the run. Pretty good arm strength on that one. That was a throw that showed you why the NFL scouts think Casey Therriault is one of the top QBs in FCS this season.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
ESPNU was just showing some highlights of Jerry Rice and Walter Payton as the debate continues on the greatest SWAC player of all-time. Anyone know what the announcers were talking about with a "controversial" Walter Payton bio coming out?

It was written by that jackwagon Jeff Pearlman, who's greatest career accomplishment before now was forcing the Delaware vs Delaware State game by claiming it was racist that UD wasn't playing DSU every year. He's a University of Delaware graduate and we tend to disown him. He's notorious for writing deregotory articles about athletes who don't give him the interviews he wants, like writing an article about Will Clark (San Francisco Giants) being a douche.

Anyway, the book talks about how Walter Payton put on a good public front but was a womanizing drug user in his private life who contemplated suicide and constantly self-medicated.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Do those of us watching FCS-HBCU football on Thursday nights really give a rip about the highlights of a Big East game on ESPN?

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Really poor coverage on the TD reception by Texas Southern.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Rudy is in the house. Rudy Ruettiger of Notre Dame gave a motivational speech to Jackson State before the game. One of my least favorite football, or sports movies of all time. I thought it was incredibly cheesy (and I'm a Green Bay Packers fan).

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Casey Therriault said he liked the speech, but had never seen the movie.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Rudy is in the house. Rudy Ruettiger of Notre Dame gave a motivational speech to Jackson State before the game. One of my least favorite football, or sports movies of all time. I thought it was incredibly cheesy (and I'm a Green Bay Packers fan).

Joe Montana rips that movie whenever he's asked about it. Says Ruettiger is full of ***** and most of the people on the team didn't like him, let alone offer to give their place in a game for him.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Really poor coverage on the TD reception by Texas Southern.

This isn't the same Texas Southern team that won the SWAC title last year.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Joe Montana rips that movie whenever he's asked about it. Says Ruettiger is full of ***** and most of the people on the team didn't like him, let alone offer to give their place in a game for him.

Of course, if you knew anything about the "real" Joe Montana, you wouldn't think much of him off the playing field either. Rudy probably rips Montana every chance he gets.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Back to back sacks for Jackson and a bad snap saves Texas Southern with their own false start.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Nevermind, they managed to screw up the punt the second time also.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Of course, if you knew anything about the "real" Joe Montana, you wouldn't think much of him off the playing field either. Rudy probably rips Montana every chance he gets.

Montana is the only guy I've ever heard of who left a letter in his own mail box to tell one of his wives he was leaving her (after having an affair with a model he was making a popular commercial with — that was a future Mrs. Montana).

Montana's son, incidently, (Nate Montana) hasn't had a great amount of success at Montana. He is the third-string QB after transferring from Notre Dame and has already been arrested for a DUI.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I've heard the real "Rudy" is a real hammerhead. Doesn't stop me from enjoying the movie though! :)

DSUrocks07
September 29th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Shame that JSU isn't eligible for the SWAC title this year, no matter how bad Texas So. looks

Mr. C
After a bad snap, Dunn slammed into the end zone to give Jackson State its third TD. 20-0 with 8:31 left in the half. I smell a rout.

Lehigh Football Nation
I hated Joe Montana. Then again, I'm a Saints fan! :)

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Second fumble on a kickoff in a row for Texas Southern. The wheels are coming off here.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I hated Joe Montana. Then again, I'm a Saints fan! :)

No offense to what he did accomplish, but I think he is the most overrated player in NFL history. Imagine if John Elway would have had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig etc. around him, along with the 49er defense of that era? Montana is the Derek Jeter of the NFL.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Shame that JSU isn't eligible for the SWAC title this year, no matter how bad Texas So. looks

I agree. This is the best Jackson State team in awhile, probably since that team I saw in person at the SWAC title game against Grambling a few years back.

Great defensive play by the JSU Tigers. Another big sack. Nine hurries and four sacks in 13 pass tries.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2011, 07:48 PM
No offense to what he did accomplish, but I think he is the most overrated player in NFL history. Imagine if John Elway would have had Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Roger Craig etc. around him, along with the 49er defense of that era? Montana is the Derek Jeter of the NFL.

There will never be a team as dominant as the 1989 49ers, which had all stars at every position, thanks to canny drafting at every position. I happen to think Roger Craig was the most overrated 49er, though, for at least Montana had all those drives. (He also led them on that 35-0 comeback against the 1-15 Saints to win 38-35, don't forget..)

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
The line play for Texas Southern has been very shaky tonight. Another hurry and near sack forces another punt and it leads to another bobbled snap and another JSU TD after a blocked kick.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Tim Dandridge on the 16-yard TD after a block by a Rico Richardson block. It's 27-0 with 5:17 left in the half.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:53 PM
There will never be a team as dominant as the 1989 49ers, which had all stars at every position, thanks to canny drafting at every position. I happen to think Roger Craig was the most overrated 49er, though, for at least Montana had all those drives. (He also led them on that 35-0 comeback against the 1-15 Saints to win 38-35, don't forget..)

Craig was good both as a runner and a receiver. But Montana was blessed to be in that system. If you want to give a QB the title of the best QB ever based on championships, Bart Starr was better than Montana.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Wow. This is just getting ugly.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Smalls gets sacked for a fifth time, but this one was his own fault for a bad read.

DSUrocks07
September 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
That punter is shook

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:56 PM
The snap from punt formation bounced back to the punter and he was nailed at the six. Come on Jay Walker, leave the poor punter alone. It wasn't his fault the snap rolled back to him.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM
This looks like the old Texas Southern team. Casey Therriault with a run for a TD around the corner. Soon to be 34-0. Nice block by Rollins, who can catch and block. 3:43 left.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
The last thing that Texas Southern wants to do is punt again in the first half.

JSUBison
September 29th, 2011, 08:00 PM
This looks like the old Texas Southern team. Casey Therriault with a run for a TD around the corner. Soon to be 34-0. Nice block by Rollins, who can catch and block. 3:43 left.

Tex Southern looking like a bunch of middle schoolers out there. JSU was the popular pick for conference this year, but this game is more about the ineptness of Texas Southern than JSU playing like all stars. No complaints though, lol.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Jackson State has had only 5 1/2 minutes of possession time in the first half.

DSUrocks07
September 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
There goes the shutout

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Jay Walker hasn't been paying much attention if he thinks DeAndre Presley of Appalachian State is the favorite for the Payton Award. Presley hasn't been sharp at all. Walker said he thinks the winner of Saturday's ASU-Wofford game (Presley and Wofford fullback Eric Breitenstein are both playing) might decide the Payton, Jay: this isn't the stinking Heisman Trophy.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
No punts this time. Martin Gilbert goes 42 yards for a Texas Southern TD. 34-7 with 22 seconds left in the half.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Is it smart to try an onside kick (and fail at it) with 22 seconds left?

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
A bad snap is negated by Casey Therriault's strong arm and he gets a pass interference penalty after a 60-yard throw to move the ball to the TSU 34.

DSUrocks07
September 29th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Jackson State's QB has some poise

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:09 PM
JSU's receivers are not doing a good job of getting open.

SUjagTILLiDIE
Great crowd.

Mr. C
Unbelievable that TSU gets called for another pass interference penalty near the goal line.

DSUrocks07
September 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Although that resulted in a flag, that was a bad play selection by JSU.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
A 36-yard field goal is coming up from the left hash and it is good to make it 37-7 at halftime. Poor decision on the onside kick.

superman7515
September 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I'd say it was a more impressive showing by the Jackson State defense than the offense. A lot of those points were set up by sacks, punt defense, and great field position. They're running away with this.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Second half is underway.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Texas Southern scores off its first drive, with Gilbert sweeping around the corner on third and goal. The play stands despite a face mask penalty. And another bad snap wrecks the PAT. It is 37-13 with 10:29 left in the third period. 11 plays, 63 yards on the drive.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I'd say it was a more impressive showing by the Jackson State defense than the offense. A lot of those points were set up by sacks, punt defense, and great field position. They're running away with this.

I agree with you. Nice defensive play and the JSU Tigers have taken advantage on special teams. Casey Therriault has looked good and has gotten some good work from his runners. But the JSU receivers haven't been as good as they should be.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:47 PM
They just showed a Jackson State DJ pouring MASS quantities of Texas Pete on some chicken. Ouch!!!

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Casey Therriault goes for 33 yards on a pass to Michael Perkins on the first down.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:51 PM
What a nice play on blitz pressure by Casey Therriault, who evades pressure and makes a tough throw to Wilder for a first down. Casey Therriault has been pretty impressive.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Nothing worse than getting an offsides call on first down or second down. TSU has 10 penalties now.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Is anyone else watching this game tonight. Feel free to post your comments and ask questions as we follow this important SWAC game. It is always more fun when we get feedback from everyone.

16152.....AH'M WATCHIN'....JES' NOT POSTIN'.....DEN AGIN'.......AH JES' POSTED.......;)...BRAWK!

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Casey Therriault to Rollins for a 32-yard TD pass on a nice blitz read. It is 44-13 midway through the third period.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:55 PM
16152.....AH'M WATCHIN'....JES' NOT POSTIN'.....DEN AGIN'.......AH JES' POSTED.......;)...BRAWK!

But you are the one that everyone wants to here, Mr. Chicky. We want to know what the big blue and yellow bird thinks.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Missed you on Saturday. Mr. Chicken. One of the security guys at the Tub asked me if I was searching for you near the end of the game.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Six touchdowns on 26 offensive plays for Jackson State.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Jay Walker is having about as good a game as Texas Southern tonight. His latest quote:

"Stats are for those people who like stats. The game is won by what you do on the field."

Thank you, Grasshopper. I thought I was watching an episode of Kung Fu for a second there.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2011, 09:01 PM
16153....SORRAH LADS......LOADIN' DUH SUV...FO' BEACH....(HENS ON DUH ROAD..NO TV)....CLEANIN' UP...AFTERAH DUH KITTIES......MAKIN' SOME CD'S....FO' SAID TRIP.......AN' HEY...DIS GAME...BEEN OVERAH........UH WHILE AGO...........MAYBEAH...NEXT THURSDAY...O' WHEN-EVERAH.....xsmoochx...DOODLE-DOO!

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:08 PM
Casey Therriault nearly gives up a pick six, but an unnecessary penalty is going to set TSU back. First and 10 at around the 30. The illegal block was behind the play, but was SO obvious it had to be flagged. Bad penalty.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:09 PM
16153....SORRAH LADS......LOADIN' DUH SUV...FO' BEACH....(HENS ON DUH ROAD..NO TV)....CLEANIN' UP...AFTERAH DUH KITTIES......MAKIN' SOME CD'S....FO' SAID TRIP.......AN' HEY...DIS GAME...BEEN OVERAH........UH WHILE AGO...........MAYBEAH...NEXT THURSDAY...O' WHEN-EVERAH.....xsmoochx...DOODLE-DOO!

So what kind of tunes is the Chicken taking on the trip?

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Missed you on Saturday. Mr. Chicken. One of the security guys at the Tub asked me if I was searching for you near the end of the game.

16154....YEAH....HENERGETIC...CALLED ME...HE'S DUH PLAYER GATE...LAD.......WORKED WHIFF HIM FO'..DECADES........HE IS CURRENT-LEE...KICKIN' TAIL ON GOHENS....SPREAD/EVEN-UP POOLS.....HAS HIS OWN SYSTEM...FO'..HANDI-CAPPIN'.....PLAYED ROUND-BALL...BERWICK,PA......EVERAH...HEAR..O' DUH BERWICK..BULLDAWGS??......AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2011, 09:14 PM
So what kind of tunes is the Chicken taking on the trip?

KLASSIC R 'N R.....IGGLES/WHO/STONES.....ROCKPILE....QUICKSIVER MESSENGER SERVICE......CANNED HEAT.....RUSH.....CCR....STUFF LAK DAT.....YER GETTIN' ME HOOKED C.....AWK!

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:19 PM

16154....YEAH....HENERGETIC...CALLED ME...HE'S DUH PLAYER GATE...LAD.......WORKED WHIFF HIM FO'..DECADES........HE IS CURRENT-LEE...KICKIN' TAIL ON GOHENS....SPREAD/EVEN-UP POOLS.....HAS HIS OWN SYSTEM...FO'..HANDI-CAPPIN'.....PLAYED ROUND-BALL...BERWICK,PA......EVERAH...HEAR..O' DUH BERWICK..BULLDAWGS??......AWK!

I am a Fresno State Battlin' Bulldog alum, but I don't know the Berwick Bulldawgs.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM
KLASSIC R 'N R.....IGGLES/WHO/STONES.....ROCKPILE....QUICKSIVER MESSENGER SERVICE......CANNED HEAT.....RUSH.....CCR....STUFF LAK DAT.....YER GETTIN' ME HOOKED C.....AWK!

I tend more for the progressive rock stuff, ELP, Yes, King Crimson etc., but you can't miss with the Eagles (particularly the Joe Walsh days). I'm also a Rush fan. My college band used to do Bastille Day by Rush and my bandmates did a lot of Canned Heat before I arrived on the scene with my smokin keyboards. I can't imagine Canned Heat with keyboards and I'm not very good at playing the blues.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Two in a row for the TSU punter without a bad, dropped, or blocked punt. Wow.

We're now in the fourth quarter at last.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:29 PM
TD pass for Casey Therriault. Can't believe they just said Texas Southern is the top defense in FCS. Not anymore. 51-13 with 11:28 left in the game.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2011, 09:33 PM
YEAH..AH DIG CRIMSON..ELP...(NOT TOO DEEP INTA DEY'RE CATALOGS...JES' DUH RAYDIO HITS)...AH'VE GOTTAH LOTTAH...YES.....HUMBLE PIE....EARLY FLEETWOOD MAC...BLUES PERIOD...WHIFF PETER GREEN........P. FLOYD......WHEN AH SAY KLASSIC..ROCK.....AH'M...TALKIN'....ALL O' IT.......AH'VE GOT 2500 VINYL ALBUMS....(PRISTINE CORNDITION)..AN' MEGA-CD'S.....HEY...CAN YA PLAY...DUH "LIGHT MY FIRE"..."INNA-GADDA-DA-VIDA"......KEY-BOARD PARTS.??....BERWICK...UH FEW YEARS AGO....PERENNIAL..TOP 10.....HIGHSKOOL FOOTBALL....TEAM...IN DUH LAND...UP DERE WHIFF...MOELLER HIGH....DUH LA-LA LAND SQWADS...ETC!

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:41 PM
An interception for Jackson State's defense and another scoring threat.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:45 PM
YEAH..AH DIG CRIMSON..ELP...(NOT TOO DEEP INTA DEY'RE CATALOGS...JES' DUH RAYDIO HITS)...AH'VE GOTTAH LOTTAH...YES.....HUMBLE PIE....EARLY FLEETWOOD MAC...BLUES PERIOD...WHIFF PETER GREEN........P. FLOYD......WHEN AH SAY KLASSIC..ROCK.....AH'M...TALKIN'....ALL O' IT.......AH'VE GOT 2500 VINYL ALBUMS....(PRISTINE CORNDITION)..AN' MEGA-CD'S.....HEY...CAN YA PLAY...DUH "LIGHT MY FIRE"..."INNA-GADDA-DA-VIDA"......KEY-BOARD PARTS.??....BERWICK...UH FEW YEARS AGO....PERRINIAL..TOP 10.....HIGHSKOOL FOOTBALL....TEAM...IN DUH LAND...UP DERE WHIFF...MOELLER HIGH....DUH LA-LA LAND SQWADS...ETC!

Like a good football player, I try to stay within my ability. I'm no Ray Manzarek, or whoever played in Iron Butterfly. I am more of a possession receiver.

How many album covers on the walls? You and I have something in common with all of the vinyl. About as many CDs, too.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM
TSU makes a goal line stand. Less than seven minutes left in this 51-13 game.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:48 PM
Martin Gilbert has had a nice night for Texas Southern with 20 carries for over 130 yards.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:56 PM
This game can't end soon enough for Texas Southern with under three minutes left.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Awhile back, the ESPNU cameras were showing the Jackson State players eating fried pickles in the locker room. Good stuff.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 09:59 PM
The announcers are ready for this one to be over. They are talking about the best places in the deep south to find good barbecued ribs.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Another mess up on special teams as TSU fumbles on a punt return.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Jackson State wasn't really trying to score again, but a pitch out and poor tackling results in a TD with 14 seconds left. Jay Walker, you are an idiot if you think JSU shouldn't have run a play there. Let the backups play. It isn't JSU's fault no one on TSU can tackle. It looks like it is going to be a 58-13 final.

Mr. C
September 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Casey Therriault passed for three TDs and ran for another, going 15-of-27 for 300 yards, a week after throwing six interceptions. And it is a final, 58-13.

rexreed
September 29th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Man what a difference a year makes. Theriault is a beast- I wish Jackson State played more OOC games because I would like to see how he stacks up to other teams. I hope TSU enjoyed winning the SWAC because they are back to their old ways of stinking the joint up now.

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2011, 06:42 AM
This game can't end soon enough for Texas State with under three minutes left.

The Bobcats were playing? ;)

WileECoyote06
September 30th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Man what a difference a year makes. Theriault is a beast- I wish Jackson State played more OOC games because I would like to see how he stacks up to other teams. I hope TSU enjoyed winning the SWAC because they are back to their old ways of stinking the joint up now.

New coaching staff and some players kicked off the team for violations. They got their one. Too bad JSU can't play for the SWAC title.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 30th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Deplorable special teams, young defensive backs and line backers, our prized defensive end Marquis Jackson couldn't buy a sack let alone apply pressure on the QB like he did last season and extremely thin on the OL is a recipe for disaster for a JSU team coming off a tough loss last week.

Oh well, doesn't get any better with Alabama State coming to town next Saturday.

Mr. C
September 30th, 2011, 10:06 AM
The Bobcats were playing? ;)

You ever heard of a typo? Why do you bother to jump on SWAC threads?

UNI Pike
September 30th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Texas Southern is "the best defense in the FCS" was repeated every three plays, exactly when JSU scored.

kdinva
September 30th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Jackson State wasn't really trying to score again, but a pitch out and poor tackling results in a TD with 14 seconds left......
Why not 2 knees the final 60 seconds?

Mr. C
September 30th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Why not 2 knees the final 60 seconds?
It wasn't like JSU was on the goal line. Why not give a kid a chance to carry the ball? He practices hard every day to get his chance to run. It was a simple play from significantly up the field and the tackling by TSU was terrible on the play. He was hit near the line of scrimmage and broke free. No one was rubbing anyone's nose in anything. If JSU had been in its own territory and broke loose for a td would that still be inappropriate to you?