PDA

View Full Version : Fewest Home Games on the Schedule?

TexasTerror
April 21st, 2006, 07:19 PM
Who will be seeing home the fewest times this coming year?

From a basic scan of schedules, I'll saw that Alcorn State plays only three home games, all conference games. It's pretty much like their basketball schedule! Alcorn State opens with three games on the road (I-A Louisiana Monroe, Arkansas Pine Bluff and at sub Div I Langston). Then play three of the next four at home before playing their last four games on the road against SWAC foes.

Numerous teams with four. Savannah State (which plays two road games at sub-Div I opponents) and South Dakota State included.

Odd-ball here. UC Davis has five home games, but doesn't have one til 10/14 before finishing their season with five of the last six at home. North Dakota State is also an odd-ball. They play all six of their scheduled road games out of seven in a row during one stretch.

slostang
April 21st, 2006, 07:46 PM
Davis scheduled the start of the season with so many road games for two reasons. The first is their students do not come back to school until late Sept. and they make a huge difference in their attendance numbers. Secondly, they were hoping to get as many home games in their new stadium as possible. Unfotunately, the openning of the stadium has been pushed back to the 2007 season.

Cocky
April 22nd, 2006, 11:12 AM
We have 4.

mainejeff
April 22nd, 2006, 01:38 PM
Maine has 4. We may play only 10 games this season, nevermind 12.........

Husky Alum
April 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
Northeastern only has 4, and we open the season with 5 roadies in a row..

@ Virginia Tech
@ Holy Cross (ok, so it's a day trip out to Worcester)
@ North Dakota State
@ JMU
@ Richmond

Uncle Buck
April 23rd, 2006, 09:37 AM
My Dutch are only home 4 times as well, but at least we don't have five ina row to open up with, ouch.

catamount man
April 23rd, 2006, 09:59 AM
WCU has 5 homes again this season, but with the first 2 games at home, 8 oof the last 11 are away from Cullowhee, including a 3 week road trip in the middle of the season, @ citadel, @ wofford, @ liberty.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catbob
April 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Portland State only has 4 home games, all conference games. 3 trips to IA squads, ouchie. It is a shame, too, because I think Portland State has a ton of talent to work with this year. Hopefully some of that talent is still walking come confernce time.

MYTAPPY
April 24th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Now you feel our pain, we had 4 home games last year. We were suppose to have 5 but Northwestern State backed out. But we made the playoffs and ended up having seven home games. So if you have only 4 home games, my solution to have more, make the playoffs and have home field.:D

EagleCrusade
April 24th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Now you feel our pain, we had 4 home games last year. We were suppose to have 5 but Northwestern State backed out. But we made the playoffs and ended up having seven home games. So if you have only 4 home games, my solution to have more, make the playoffs and have home field.:D

Man, with thinking like that you should've authored the Treaty of Versailles.