PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-1

JALMOND
September 29th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Games for the first weekend in October and getting close to where all games begin to matter. Many legitimate contenders for the Big Sky title and this weekend will begin to weed them out. I got through September with an overall record of 21-6. I need a perfect week. Here are my predictions for this week. As usual, all are my opinions only.

UNC at UM---The Battle of the Bears. The Grizzlies return home licking their wounds from last week's loss at Sacramento State while the Bears showed some signs of life at home against Weber State. The Grizzlies have looked dominating at their house (a different story on the road) and the Bears haven't looked great anywhere, home or away. How will the Bears do in the big Grizzly home...UM 37, UNC 15.

PSU at ISU---A tale of two improving teams. The Vikings looked great in their lone game against the Big Sky in closing out Northern Arizona two weeks ago. The Bengals were brought back to earth by Northern Arizona last week on the road after destroying Northern Colorado at home. This game is always interesting especially in Pocatello and this year should be the same...PSU 48, ISU 46.

Sac State at MSU---The early darlings of the conference, the Hornets took a big step to righting the ship last week by beating Montana for the first time. But now they return to the road to face the Bobcats, who got a big road win last week at Eastern Washington. The Hornets may be flying high again, but the Bobcats swat them back to earth...MSU 24, Sac State 10.

WSU at EWU---The Wildcats have emerged as legitimate title contenders in the Big Sky this year and that was evident by their total dismantling of Northern Colorado last week. The Eagles still find themselves without a win in four chances after letting Montana State escape with a win on their home field. While the Wildcats may be able to contend for the title, the Eagles need a win to save their slim playoff hopes...EWU 31, WSU 24.

I Bleed Purple
September 29th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Taking your Vikings as the only road win? There's homer in you yet. :p

JALMOND
September 29th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Taking your Vikings as the only road win? There's homer in you yet. :p

I have 6 misses and its just September. Keeping it close to the vest. Griz, Cats, the defending champs and my team.:D

alvinkayak6
September 29th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Montana 38-17, Sac State in the upset 35-28, PSU 28-14, WSU 28-20

Walkon79
September 29th, 2011, 02:27 PM
UM, MSU, PSU, EWU

wapiti
September 30th, 2011, 09:31 AM
UNC 10 at UM 32 UM should have no problem here.

PSU 14 at ISU 17 I went with the home team here. ISU is much improved this year and PSU only slightly improved.

Sac State 24 at MSU 30 Home team again. Last year MSU squeeked out a W in Sacremento in a shoot out, but his year MSU has an improved D and that Defense will prove to be the difference.

WSU 20 at EWU 24 EWU finally earns a W. But it will not be easy.

Future Big Sky teams:

ND 24 at SUU 38 Hopefully SUU rides the momentum of thrashing an FBS and not be caught reminising about that win.

THE DANIMAL
September 30th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I am a diehard Griz fan and am not one of the many that after last weeks performance has given up on the team or feel that the sky has fallen! xthumbsupx

UNC 10 at UM 55 Griz have breakout performance. There pissed after last week!! I hope......

PSU 33 at ISU 35

Sac State 34 at MSU 31

WSU 24 at EWU 28

CopperCat
October 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
I am a diehard Griz fan and am not one of the many that after last weeks performance has given up on the team or feel that the sky has fallen! xthumbsupx

UNC 10 at UM 55 Griz have breakout performance. There pissed after last week!! I hope......

PSU 33 at ISU 35

Sac State 34 at MSU 31

WSU 24 at EWU 28

And apprently because of this you have the blinders on thinking MSU will make the same mistakes that UM did against Sac AT HOME in front of a record crowd. The way that MSU ran around, over, and through EWU's front line the entire game gives us both a ground game and a passing game that arguably nobody else has in the conference. You play to beat the pass, we can run it right down your throat. If you play to stop the run, McGhee has numerous WR's that can get good separation for 40 yard gains. MSU should win this game handily.

Other winners for the week:

ISU by 7
UM by 21+
EWU by 10

JALMOND
October 1st, 2011, 07:29 PM
Games for the first weekend in October and getting close to where all games begin to matter. Many legitimate contenders for the Big Sky title and this weekend will begin to weed them out. I got through September with an overall record of 21-6. I need a perfect week. Here are my predictions for this week. As usual, all are my opinions only.

UNC at UM---The Battle of the Bears. The Grizzlies return home licking their wounds from last week's loss at Sacramento State while the Bears showed some signs of life at home against Weber State. The Grizzlies have looked dominating at their house (a different story on the road) and the Bears haven't looked great anywhere, home or away. How will the Bears do in the big Grizzly home...UM 37, UNC 15.

PSU at ISU---A tale of two improving teams. The Vikings looked great in their lone game against the Big Sky in closing out Northern Arizona two weeks ago. The Bengals were brought back to earth by Northern Arizona last week on the road after destroying Northern Colorado at home. This game is always interesting especially in Pocatello and this year should be the same...PSU 48, ISU 46.

Sac State at MSU---The early darlings of the conference, the Hornets took a big step to righting the ship last week by beating Montana for the first time. But now they return to the road to face the Bobcats, who got a big road win last week at Eastern Washington. The Hornets may be flying high again, but the Bobcats swat them back to earth...MSU 24, Sac State 10.

WSU at EWU---The Wildcats have emerged as legitimate title contenders in the Big Sky this year and that was evident by their total dismantling of Northern Colorado last week. The Eagles still find themselves without a win in four chances after letting Montana State escape with a win on their home field. While the Wildcats may be able to contend for the title, the Eagles need a win to save their slim playoff hopes...EWU 31, WSU 24.

Perfect week, thank you. 25-6 overall now.