PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the FootballGameplan.com/Any Given Saturday Game of the Week-Week 6

bjtheflamesfan
September 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Here we go AGS fans...vote on the game you think should be game of the week and explain why. Here are your nominees:

William & Mary vs. Delaware
North Dakota State vs. Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern vs. Chattanooga
Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin
Indiana State vs. Northern Iowa
Cal Poly vs. Southern Utah

ASUG8
September 28th, 2011, 02:09 PM
No ASU @ Wofford? I would think two top 6 teams going at it might be interesting.

phoenixphanatic21
September 28th, 2011, 02:15 PM
No ASU @ Wofford? I would think two top 6 teams going at it might be interesting.

My thoughts exactly.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. This is for next weekend, not this weekend.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Like I stated when the nominations went..SFA vs Sam is the 2nd oldest rivalry in Texas. It doesn't matter what the teams records are, this game is always top notch and is never easy to predict. You've got back to back SLC champs vs a tough Sam team who has one of the best RBs in FCS, if not the nation.

Add the fact that it's at Reliant Stadium..it's easily GOTW

ASUG8
September 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Edit: Wait, nevermind. This is for next weekend, not this weekend.

Whoops...my bad. xsmhx I'd pick ASU over bye anyway. :D

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Mocs need to be in the spotlight as they "upset" the "number 1" team in the country.

ValleyBoy
September 28th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Mocs need to be in the spotlight as they "upset" the "number 1" team in the country.

This is why I voted for the Georgia Southern vs. Chattanooga game.

Because the pile of trash being dropped leading up to this game is going to get very deep.

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 02:31 PM

It's okay, we all know that none of the teams have a chance as the Mocs will be playing themselves in Frisco.

Fear the Bird
September 28th, 2011, 02:33 PM
The same SFA that just lost to Texas St. right? That's a big game because it's in Jerry's World?

Wow some of those other matchups look great though, hope ISU doesn't overlook SDSU b/c would like that game to be big time

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 02:40 PM
The same SFA that just lost to Texas St. right? That's a big game because it's in Jerry's World?

Wow some of those other matchups look great though, hope ISU doesn't overlook SDSU b/c would like that game to be big time

If you're going to attempt to talk **** on a game, atleast get the stadium nickname right. Jerry World is in Dallas, Reliant is in Houston.

.and yes, we lost to a team moving to FBS that for some reason we can never beat. They could put 5 guys out there and we'd still **** it up.

however, SFA vs Sam is always a fun game to watch.

Gringer1
September 28th, 2011, 02:42 PM

http://www.w3bbo.com/forums/Misc-Do_not_feed_the_trolls_(2).jpg

Fear the Bird
September 28th, 2011, 02:47 PM
If you're going to attempt to talk **** on a game, atleast get the stadium nickname right. Jerry World is in Dallas, Reliant is in Houston.

.and yes, we lost to a team moving to FBS that for some reason we can never beat. They could put 5 guys out there and we'd still **** it up.

however, SFA vs Sam is always a fun game to watch.

Not a fan of sarcasm I see

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
Not a fan of sarcasm I see

Ha..you got me...nicely done.

ASUG8
September 28th, 2011, 03:01 PM

Maybe what's left of your QB will have a better game this week.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Holy crap man. Those are some really tough choices for Week 6.

I-16Bandit
September 28th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Holy crap man. Those are some really tough choices for Week 6.

You can never be wrong with Georgia Southern! xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 05:26 PM
You can never be wrong with Georgia Southern! xthumbsupx

I had no idea the curriculum was THAT easy Bandit.

chattownmocs
September 28th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Maybe what's left of your QB will have a better game this week.

Oh he's got plenty left in the tank. Actually was pretty last week. 270+ yards with some drops under that kind of pressure. First pick wasnt his fault as the reciever didnt get his head around in time and ended up tipping it up in the air. The 2nd was in desperation time when there is no more time to be selective. He hung in there pretty weel, I suspect the numbers are going to go way up as the schedule lightens up just a bit.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 29th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Well GaSouthern/Chatty is leading this thing. Get your vote in for what you want to see.

KEWLKAT
September 29th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Hey REV voted for SHSU VS SFA......Good teams, GREAT history and SHSU gets it this year.....POTW.........

Kewl

TwoFeathers
September 30th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Homer pick, but W&M @ Delaware, because these games are always close, tough, and usually matter.

UNIFanSince1983
September 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Despite how badly I wanted to homer vote this one I went with NDSU at SIU. That game will have huge MVFC championship implications.

Of course UNI vs Indiana State could too. It will just be both NDSU and SIU will be ranked higher than UNI and Indiana State. It is always tough though to vote for something like this when you don't know if the teams will lose this week. Some of these games could lose some luster if a team loses in the meantime.

They were all tough choices though.

DJKyR0
September 30th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Despite how badly I wanted to homer vote this one I went with NDSU at SIU. That game will have huge MVFC championship implications.

Of course UNI vs Indiana State could too. It will just be both NDSU and SIU will be ranked higher than UNI and Indiana State. It is always tough though to vote for something like this when you don't know if the teams will lose this week. Some of these games could lose some luster if a team loses in the meantime.

They were all tough choices though.

Strictly in terms of the MVFC trying to choose between either game is tough. People seem to be undervaluing Indiana State and just how good Ronnie Fouch is (hell, I've got a man-crush on him) and obviously a potential upset of UNI would up-end the entire conference with how well the Panthers are playing right now. Agreed that NDSU-SIU is equally big and we're probably looking at two of the top three or four teams in the conference right there. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if UNI-SIU-NDSU-ISUb ARE the top four in some order. Could this be the year the Valley gets four playoff teams?

StorminASU
September 30th, 2011, 02:10 PM
It's okay, we all know that none of the teams have a chance as the Mocs will be playing themselves in Frisco.

Would anyone actually lose that game? That would be like Chuck Norris fighting himself...I'm pretty sure the world would explode as the ball leaves BJ Colemans hand the first time. If it's a completion, the D isn't as good, but if it's broken up, BJ isn't that good. Neither of these could happen as the MOCS always keep every opponent from running/passing/scoring in anyway. Good thing they spotted us 14 points last week.

walliver
October 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
The Georgia Southern - Chattanooga game will tell us a lot about the SoCon this year, but, I suspect it won't be a "good game". Chatty is likely the best team GSU has faced this year, but I just don't have a feel for how good the Mocs are.

Deleware and W&M will likely be a better game.

Eaglesrus
October 2nd, 2011, 09:01 AM
The Georgia Southern - Chattanooga game will tell us a lot about the SoCon this year, but, I suspect it won't be a "good game". Chatty is likely the best team GSU has faced this year, but I just don't have a feel for how good the Mocs are.

Deleware and W&M will likely be a better game.

Well, I figure that Chatty is pretty desperate at this point and I now expect it to be a tougher game than I had previously thought.

bojeta
October 2nd, 2011, 12:22 PM
I vote for Cal Poly vs Central Oklahoma!! JUST KIDDING!!!!!

katstrapper
October 5th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Of course I vote for SHSU v SFA. This is one of the oldest college football rivalries in the State of Texas. It doesnt matter who is ranked where in this game. This game is about bragging rights and the Piney Woods Trophy. Stephen F Austin and Sam Houston are both great Texas heros with tons of history. This game will be the Southland Conference TV Game of the Week from Reliant Stadium in Houston. Expecting close to 30k for this game.