PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's AGS Game of the Week Preview - Appalachian St. vs Wofford

FootballCEO
September 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtgwIeDVHPM

Good Afternoon AGS! Here's the Game of the Week as voted by the fans!

Enjoy!

Em

ursus arctos horribilis
September 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks Emory. Sounds like the mic disagreed with ya on a few points.

Mic's a dick.

FootballCEO
September 27th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks Emory. Sounds like the mic disagreed with ya on a few points.

Mic's a dick.

Thanks Homie!!

Bishazz Mic!!

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Nice preview, you were right on the money. The ability of the ASU defense to be disciplined and play good assignment football will be the key. A totally different monster than the UTC offense from last week. I like the prediction too, I see you learned not to pick against ASU after last week!

Apphole
September 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Ever heard of "take two?" Nice pick though. Looks like we got his confidence back after he picked the mockeries last week.

FootballCEO
September 27th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Nice preview, you were right on the money. The ability of the ASU defense to be disciplined and play good assignment football will be the key. A totally different monster than the UTC offense from last week. I like the prediction too, I see you learned not to pick against ASU after last week!

LOL! Always bet on black I guess!! Thanks Chief!

Option football is the WORST to defend.. it goes completely against athleticism. It forces defenders to think, and you KNOW how that turns out when defenders are asked to think.... *sends extra point team on the field*

Ever heard of "take two?" Nice pick though. Looks like we got his confidence back after he picked the mockeries last week.

Sometimes, time allows a 2nd take...it usually depends on the volume of videos being taped that day :( "Mockeries" LOL Nice!! <----- Gotta love college football

SpeedkingATL
September 27th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Nice breakdown, I would be more confident in the Apps if they weren't playing on natural grass. Look for the turf to be 4 or 5 inches long and damp to slow down the Apps. This will be a slobberknocker up front on both sides of the ball.

Reign of Terrier
September 27th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Disagree with the pick, but can't disagree with the reasoning, I will say this though, despite stumbling in the second half against PC I'd venture to say that our defense is at least as good as it was last year.....that didn't help against App though.

FootballCEO
September 27th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Nice breakdown, I would be more confident in the Apps if they weren't playing on natural grass. Look for the turf to be 4 or 5 inches long and damp to slow down the Apps. This will be a slobberknocker up front on both sides of the ball.

Thanks Chief! I think it goes both ways... Sloppy field means Wofford won't be as explosive on the edge with that option, just as App State won't be as explosive in the pass game. I do agree with you about it being a slobberknocker.. Both defenses better show up this week

Disagree with the pick, but can't disagree with the reasoning, I will say this though, despite stumbling in the second half against PC I'd venture to say that our defense is at least as good as it was last year.....that didn't help against App though.

Thanks YT!! I'm all about the reasoning... Best thing to do this week would be to dominate the center of App State.. that helps slow down the spread

PaladinFan
September 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I think we will learn more about Wofford this Saturday than we will about App State.

crossfire07
September 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Option football is the WORST to defend.. it goes completely against athleticism. It forces defenders to think, and you KNOW how that turns out when defenders are asked to think.... *sends extra point team on the field*

When was the last time a national championship was won using an option based offense?

Squealofthepig
September 27th, 2011, 10:12 PM
I think we will learn more about Wofford this Saturday than we will about App State.

While I don't completely disagree, I think we'll learn quite a bit about both teams. App's win against UTC raised as many questions as it answered (how do you not score on offense, at home??) and, while I like their defense, it will still be interesting to see how they fare against the triple option. (Disclaimer: I've been a Terrier fan ever since Wofford came to Missoula and ran slowly but deliberately all up and down Wa-Griz).

Wofford I still think is a solid team, and seeing how they fare against App will be telling. They played Clemson pretty tight after all (35-28) and, while their home win (and needed fourth quarter 14 points) against Samford wasn't gigantic, it still seemed convincing on paper (27-19 first downs; 512-275 total yards; 7 of 13 vs. 4 of 14 third down conversions - the -1 in turnovers was the only real flag there). And they already have a road win, too.

OL FU
September 28th, 2011, 05:43 AM
When was the last time a national championship was won using an option based offense?

I would guess 2000, but the bigger question be so what? What is the percentage teams over the last 10 years that play an option based offense.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2011, 05:57 AM

You are gonna learn NDSU would beat em both by a 150 points.

lol jk. I am curious to see how app contains the option.

PaladinFan
September 28th, 2011, 07:31 AM
You are gonna learn NDSU would beat em both by a 150 points.

lol jk. I am curious to see how app contains the option.

They will try to defense it the only way you can. Keep their offense off the field, play assignment football, and force a couple of turnovers.

Apphole
September 28th, 2011, 07:40 AM
I'm worried because of our injuries, but we've had no problem defending this offense in the last 3 years. Our offense has got to score though. We tend to fall asleep in such a tiny, quiet atmosphere which could bode well for the ankle biters.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I would guess 2000, but the bigger question be so what? What is the percentage teams over the last 10 years that play an option based offense.

And if you add in the number of NC's that have run that offense in comparison to the other offensive styles it a freaking landslide.