PDA

View Full Version : Nominations for Football Gameplan/AnyGivenSaturday.com Game of the Week- Week 6

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Time to look ahead to Week 6 sports fans...

Here is the format for nomination posts (not an official nomination)

I nominate Liberty vs. Coastal Carolina

followed by an explanation as to why this game should be the game of the week

Only games that are nominated in this manner as well as seconded using the same format (I Second Liberty vs. Coastal Carolina) will be considered. Deadline for nominations/seconds is Wednesday at 2 PM ET

Nominated:

Seconded:
William & Mary vs. Delaware
North Dakota State vs. Southern Illinois
Georgia Southern vs. Chattanooga
Sam Houston State vs. Stephen F. Austin
Indiana State vs. Northern Iowa
Cal Poly vs. Southern Utah

TheRevSFA
September 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I nominate Sam Houston State @ Stephen F Austin.

This is the 2nd oldest rivalry in the state of Texas, known as the Battle of the Piney Woods. Sam has the top running back in the conference (and perhaps FCS) while SFA is coming off of back to back SLC championships, but are having a very shaky start. When these two play, it's always interesting. One of the best rivalries in FCS

superman7515
September 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
I nominate William & Mary at Delaware because I would have nominated Chattanooga at Georgia Southern, but figure people had enough of that last week when Chatty was in the Game of the Week, so this was the runner-up on my list.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
I nominate ndsu at siu. 2 ranked teams very possibly ndsu being #1 overall if we win homecoming. One of the games that will decide the valley.

jmufan999
September 26th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I nominate William & Mary at Delaware because I would have nominated Chattanooga at Georgia Southern, but figure people had enough of that last week when Chatty was in the Game of the Week, so this was the runner-up on my list.

I second William and Mary vs. Delaware

I-16Bandit
September 26th, 2011, 03:21 PM
I nominate Georgia Southern vs. Chattanooga.

Georgia Southern may be 4-0 going into this game, and I personally think that this will be the first real test of the #1 team in the nation. Chattanooga has a solid team this year, and I fully expect the game to be close.

darell1976
September 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I would like to nominate North Dakota at Southern Utah

A win by UND should show that we belong at the top of the conference. Last year was our first losing season since 2002, and we are out to prove that we don't belong in a cellar of a conference. We beat SUU in 2007 as a DII team, we can do it again.

bojeta
September 26th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Week 6 would be Cal Poly and Southern Utah, not North Dakota and SUU. I nominate Cal Poly vs Southern Utah.

In the Great West every game is a must win because we have no auto qualifiers. Southern Utah has shown they're a force this year, but the game is at Cal Poly and Cal Poly will likely be 2-3 at this point after two tough losses to FBS teams and a loss to Montana. This is their chance to show they are a contender. The winner of this game will likely take home the LAST Great West crown ever as both teams move to the Big Sky Conference next year.

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2011, 05:49 PM
I would like to nominate North Dakota at Southern Utah

A win by UND should show that we belong at the top of the conference. Last year was our first losing season since 2002, and we are out to prove that we don't belong in a cellar of a conference. We beat SUU in 2007 as a DII team, we can do it again.

Can we remove this for the simple fact that this is a week 5 game, not a week 6 game?

I will second NDSU and SIU, as well as GSU/Chattanooga.

I will nominate Indiana State at UNI.

AppAlum2003
September 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Do we have to capitalize Nominate?

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Week 6 would be Cal Poly and Southern Utah, not North Dakota and SUU. I nominate Cal Poly vs Southern Utah.

In the Great West every game is a must win because we have no auto qualifiers. Southern Utah has shown they're a force this year, but the game is at Cal Poly and Cal Poly will likely be 2-3 at this point after two tough losses to FBS teams and a loss to Montana. This is their chance to show they are a contender. The winner of this game will likely take home the LAST Great West crown ever as both teams move to the Big Sky Conference next year.

Oops, missed this - you're right on it not being North Dakota, but Cal Poly plays Central Oklahoma week 6 (and SUU week 7) - you're idle week 5. :)

jmufan999
September 26th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Talk about being anal with the nominations/seconds. If it's blatantly obvious who is being seconded, just roll with it. You don't have to be a control freak just for the sake of doing it.

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Do we have to capitalize Nominate?

No you dont have to capitalize nominate...lol

TexasTerror
September 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
If not already seconded, I second SAM HOUSTON STATE v STEPHEN F. AUSTIN in the Battle of the Piney Woods...

One of the great rivalries at the FCS level and played in one of the best stadiums in America... probably the best stadium in America to host a FCS game outside of some of the HBCU classics...

frozennorth
September 26th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Second uni indiana state

darell1976
September 26th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Oops read it wrong. Why would you nominate 2 weeks out. I thought this was for week 5. I withdraw my nomination if this is for week 6.

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I think that the way that Ursus explained it in the week 5 discussion, with the schedule that FootballCEO keeps, he needs to have an idea of what game to preview early so he can do his research and so having the game picked early allows him to be able to do all his recording on Sunday so that he can have videos uploaded come Monday or Tuesday

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I nominate Sam Houston State @ Stephen F Austin.

This is the 2nd oldest rivalry in the state of Texas, known as the Battle of the Piney Woods. Sam has the top running back in the conference (and perhaps FCS) while SFA is coming off of back to back SLC championships, but are having a very shaky start. When these two play, it's always interesting. One of the best rivalries in FCS

Just look at last year's game for evidence of this. SFA won the SLC but Sam took them to the wire with a freshman QB, new coach and young team. Both teams usually play our of their minds for this game. I too nominate SFA vs. SHSU.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM

I second CP-SUU

professor8315
September 27th, 2011, 01:00 PM
I nominate William & Mary at Delaware because I would have nominated Georgia State at South Carolina State , but since it was quoted in many media and fan board that Delaware is better than any team in the MEAC, let them be the Game of the Week :)

ursus arctos horribilis
September 27th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I think that the way that Ursus explained it in the week 5 discussion, with the schedule that FootballCEO keeps, he needs to have an idea of what game to preview early so he can do his research and so having the game picked early allows him to be able to do all his recording on Sunday so that he can have videos uploaded come Monday or Tuesday

Dead on bj.

bjtheflamesfan
September 27th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Every game that has been nominated has been seconded at least once...only 5 games for each poll so time to start breaking ties here folks (you can keep nominating other games too though)

bojeta
September 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Oops, missed this - you're right on it not being North Dakota, but Cal Poly plays Central Oklahoma week 6 (and SUU week 7) - you're idle week 5. :)

Absolutely correct! Forgot to count the bye in there!! Ugh!

GrizFanStuckInUtah
September 27th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Edit: nvm :)

bjtheflamesfan
September 28th, 2011, 12:35 PM
25 minutes to make your final nominations/seconds folks...if we dont break this tie, either we'll put all of them in the poll or have a 12 hour runoff poll with the top 5 being put in for the FG.com game of the week

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
So how do we break a tie? I third SFA vs Sam?

bjtheflamesfan
September 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
you can nominate a game as many times as you like (just that you cant renominate it until each nomination has been seconded)

TheRevSFA
September 28th, 2011, 12:55 PM
then I nominate SFA vs Sam in the Battle of the Piney Woods..again. Let's break that tie...

ursus arctos horribilis
September 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM
you can nominate a game as many times as you like (just that you cant renominate it until each nomination has been seconded)

Slightly off there HL but here's the way OB55 always had it set up:

You can nominate ONLY ONE team, and only one nomination per team is needed.

You can however second as many other candidates as you like but YOU can only second each team once...except the team you nominated.

An example:

What is the greatest FCS team on the face of the planet?

I nominate Montana. There are already 3 teams with nominations. SHSU, Georgia Southern, and Chattanooga.

I can second each of SHSU, Georgia Southern, & Chattanooga.

I can not second my own nomination and I can not re-nominate them. Once they are nominated there is no reason another nomination would be needed.

Fear the Bird
September 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
I nominate William & Mary at Delaware because I would have nominated Georgia State at South Carolina State , but since it was quoted in many media and fan board that Delaware is better than any team in the MEAC, let them be the Game of the Week :)

Delaware is better than any team in the MEAC, but if you stopped confusing them with Delaware STATE, the team you demolished, they probably should be nominated anyway, so I second UD-WMU

bjtheflamesfan
September 28th, 2011, 01:58 PM
We'll go with that method UAH...I'll just include ever game in this week's poll and we will go with OB55's format from here on out