PDA

View Full Version : Yo....found this site on a App St board..

stunner
May 17th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Figured Id stop by and say hello. Any App St fans here or maybe some LSU/SEC fans who browse the boards?

Stop by and say hello at our LSU site
LSU Tiger Smack (http://www.tigersmack.com)

cant wait for football to start up again! What about you guys?

soweagle
May 18th, 2005, 07:07 AM
I am an LSU fan everytime they play UGA.

colgate13
May 18th, 2005, 07:14 AM
LS-Who? This is I-AA baby. Remember: no BcS!!!! ;)

SoCon48
May 18th, 2005, 09:14 AM
LSU plays App this year, so they have privileges.

Josh
May 18th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Welcome to any LSU fans. Please feel free to post. I will look forward to seeing OT Andrew Whitworth. This guy is the a great player and he will be a high draft pick next spring. Also Skyler Green is a fantastic receiver who will be fun to watch. I look forward to seeing this game!

Saint3333
May 18th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I don't think it would matter who they played in 1-AA, but in the defense of LSU if they played one in-state 1-AA they'd have to play them all.

EagleCrusade
May 18th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Who would you pick first? It opens up a huge can of worms...

McNeese, Grambling, Southern, Northwestern, Southeastern, UL-M, UL-L.....so many I-AA teams to choose from.

Retro
May 18th, 2005, 11:23 PM
We've already had this discussion on the Mcneese board several times.. LSU's lame excuse for not playing any in state I-AA's is about as ridiculous as their reason for not playing Mcneese a year ago.. To quote A.D. Skip Bertman "If Mcneese would've won the national title, we would have scheduled them" ??? Whether Mcneese won or not, the same team would've been on the field in 2003, so how does that make the game any bigger. Mcneese would bring 10,000 no matter what.

That was said after we lost to WKU, not before and they never mentioned the likleyhood of scheduling Mcneese. Over the past 6 years, LSU could've easily played all the in state I-AA's at least once, but instead they've played The Citadel, App State, WCU, Western Illinois, etc...

If they played any in state I-AA, the rest would be happy to see that, because the money stays in state and the crowd would be a sellout, not 10,000 short as they are for those other I-AA games...

EagleCrusade
May 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
The SunBelt and the Ivy League have one thing in common: both conferences do not compete in the playoffs like the rest of their fellow I-AA leagues do. What's wrong kids?

But seriously, who would you pick first? I would pick Southern, its in Baton Rouge..only reason. Then MSU. the two UL's....dead last. probably the two worst games out of the bunch.

stunner
May 19th, 2005, 12:32 AM
We've already had this discussion on the Mcneese board several times.. LSU's lame excuse for not playing any in state I-AA's is about as ridiculous as their reason for not playing Mcneese a year ago.. To quote A.D. Skip Bertman "If Mcneese would've won the national title, we would have scheduled them" ??? Whether Mcneese won or not, the same team would've been on the field in 2003, so how does that make the game any bigger. Mcneese would bring 10,000 no matter what.

HA! Does Mcneese even average that many fans at home?

Over the past 6 years, LSU could've easily played all the in state I-AA's at least once, but instead they've played The Citadel, App State, WCU, Western Illinois, etc...

LSU beating all our instate schools ...whooppdeeedoooo

If they played any in state I-AA, the rest would be happy to see that, because the money stays in state and the crowd would be a sellout, not 10,000 short as they are for those other I-AA games...

oh booo hoo what a sad story

------------
www.tigersmack.com (http://www.tigersmack.com)

stunner
May 19th, 2005, 02:01 AM
LSU has never beaten all the in-state D-I schools in recent history much less played them. Your BcS title team barely eeked past Western Illinois two years ago. It is a sad story.

Not to mention that AGS dwarfs your messageboard...

are you actually thinking that Mcnesse st could EVER stand a chance against LSU?

colgate13
May 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM
are you actually thinking that Mcnesse st could EVER stand a chance against LSU?
Do you write a newspaper column in Pittsburgh?

soweagle
May 19th, 2005, 08:59 AM

Porbably wont beat LSU but you will definetly walk away shaking your head wondering how they kept it so close. That still doesn't answer the question. Why won't LSU play McNeese? If it is such an easy win, why not give the people of LA a game with some interests instead of LSU/App. State or Citadel, WCU or any I-AA team outside of Louisiana. What are the tigers afraid of, this could be a win win for both programs.

Josh
May 19th, 2005, 09:27 AM
I'm actually thinking you are not going to answer my question. :rolleyes:

Don't run them off the board. I would hate to see LSU smack about AGS on their own board.

EagleCrusade
May 19th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Yep... and the Sunbelt is a I-A Conference.

Whaaaaaa??? Someone needs to tell the NCAA about this. This is crazy, the SunBelt considers itself I-A? I get it, April fools!!

LSU guy, learn something while you're here. Dont just rail because you know nothing about the Championship division. There is a reason why you do not play McNeese. I honestly think an LSU vs MSU game would be worth your time to see. I hope you have at least watched a MSU game on TV.

Retro
May 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
With the exception of the 2003 season, There were many years that Mcneese could've not only played with LSU, but beaten them.. LSU won't play Mcneese for obvious reasons... They could actually lose, because they know the type of program Mcneese has year after year with few exceptions and have put a scare into some big names like Texas a&M. :spank:

Kill'em
May 19th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Stunner, I'm not going to give you a hard time. It even shocks me how many true I-AA fans are actually out there. It's these folks who get pretty upset when I-AA gets trashed by fans from the I-A's. This is why I am very public about my hatred for georgia. And the discussions remind me that Georgia Tech are too cowardly to ever schedule us in football.

Your first post was actually a greeting so I will extend you the same courtesy. Welcome to the board!

henfan
May 19th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Playing only out-of-staters and never in-staters is inexcusable and makes them look sort of chicken............ BAWK!

We have no idea what you mean by "look sort of chicken". Please clarify.

Signed,
The University of Delaware Administration

http://www.dsc.edu/athletics/Logo_files/control.gif