September 26th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

aceinthehole
September 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Albany @ SFPA - It took 3 games, but Albany is warmed up and ready to go!
Bryant @ Duquesne - Tough game to call, but I'll take the Dukes at home
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart - Central will bounce back on Homecoming
Monmouth vs. RMU - Hawks will be wearing the bullseye and should win this one at home
Wagner @ Cornell - NEC improves to 6-1 vs. the Ivy League in their last 7 matchups

danefan
September 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Albany @ SFPA - Albany actually showed some grit on Saturday against Columbia. That momentum will roll into St. Francis. Albany will need to clean up the dump penalties though to get through the rest of the NEC schedule.

Bryant @ Duquesne - really long trip for Bryant. Really long......Duquesne seems to have gotten some swagger back.

CCSU vs. Sacred Heart - tough loss for CCSU. SHU pulled off a shocker in my eyes against Dartmouth and that confidence will help here. CCSU is much better though. I'll take CCSU by 2 scores.

Monmouth vs. RMU - is Monmouth for real? Is this the same team that got thumped by Lehigh? Hard to tell. I'll pick MU, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them fold and RMU pick up a big road win.

Wagner @ Cornell - The Ivy league is down. Wagner is up. Even without Doscher if he doesn't play I still think Wagner is the better team.

Danefan's Horrendous Weekly Power Rankings (previous ranking)

EDIT - I looked at the Bryant vs. Wagner score backwards.....so as you can imagine my rankings were terrible.

Move along - nothing to see here. :p

I'll fix them later.

401ks
September 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Bryant @ Duquesne - really long trip for Bryant. Really long......Duquesne seems to have gotten some swagger back.

5. Duquesne (5) - Dukes haven't really shown much as they have played one of the weakest early season schedules of the NEC teams.
6. Bryant (6) - not sure what happened to Bryant, a team I thought coming into this season was going to compete.

xcoffeex

You post the above-quoted statements then you pick Bryant over the Dukes?

xconfusedx

danefan
September 26th, 2011, 12:04 PM
xcoffeex

You post the above-quoted statements then you pick Bryant over the Dukes?

xconfusedx

I told you the rankings were horrendous.

Seriously though - I just bolded the wrong team in the picks. My text indicated the Dukes winning, which is what I meant.

401ks
September 26th, 2011, 12:06 PM
I told you the rankings were horrendous.

Seriously though - I just bolded the wrong team in the picks. My text indicated the Dukes winning, which is what I meant.

xlolx

You're welcome!

xthumbsupx

(That'll teach you not to post after a five martini lunch!)

danefan
September 26th, 2011, 12:07 PM
xlolx

You're welcome!

xthumbsupx

Thanks and I deleted my rankings altogether now. I read the Wagner score backwards. I really thought Wagner had pulled it out against Bryant...Whoops. I'll fix them later.

aceinthehole
September 26th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Danefan's Completely Unfounded But Yet Sure to Piss Someone Off Week 3 NEC Power Rankings

1. Wagner (2) - I've never picked Wagner to win anything I don't think. Right now they sort of look the most consistent in the NEC. Can they play without Doscher if necessary? I'm not so sure.
2. Monmouth (4) - Two solid wins in a row for the Hawks. Have they turned the corner?
3. Albany (3) - thumped Columbia. The game was over with 8 minutes left in the third quarter. Albany seems to have fixed the run game issues although we did lose one from our stable of RBs to an ugly broken leg.
4. CCSU (1) - CCSU is strong, but somehow couldn't get anything working on offense against Monmouth. I wouldn't be surprised to CCSU pull out a co-Championship like every other year. Somehow they just hang around after an early conference loss.
5. Duquesne (5) - Dukes haven't really shown much as they have played one of the weakest early season schedules of the NEC teams.
6. Bryant (6) - not sure what happened to Bryant, a team I thought coming into this season was going to compete.
7. Robert Morris(7) - no change after the bye week.
8. Sacred Heart (9)- no longer the cellar dweller thanks to a shocking win over Dartmouth.
9. St. Francis (8) - bad.

DF, I enjoyed your rankings both weeks and this early it's very hard to do. A few of my obersvations:

Wagner - Has a real running game now. Combined with Dorcher, they are good. I think they just lack roster depth as they were slow to ramp up schollys.
Monmouth - A solid, well coached and athletic team. I think they may be the biggest team in the NEC. Look at their linemen.
Albany - IMO has always struggled at QB, but they are usually better than the other team at every other position. Conservative and old school - HOF coach!
CCSU - Doesn't wow anyone, but has built the most balanced team over the years. Coaches make good in-game and in-season adjustments.
Duquesne - Don't know what to make of them based on their schedule, but they might have the best RB in the league so watch out.
Bryant - Another well coached team with some good athletes. I think some key injuries might be keeping them down.
RMU - Not sure what to think yet.
SHU - Certainly rebuilding, but a gutty non-conference win could speed up their devlopment and rate of improvement.
SFPA - No team puts in more effort than the Flash, they just don't have the juice to win consistently. However, they can upset ANYONE in the NEC.

bjtheflamesfan
September 26th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

dgreco
September 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
BTW guys... I put a power rankings thread up.. it has fallen back a few pages now =/

hidalgo
September 26th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Albany
Duquesne
CCSU
RMU
Cornell

busybee14
September 27th, 2011, 05:37 AM
Albany
Duq
CCSU
Monmouth
Wags

Seahawks Fan
September 27th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell (I'm assuming Nick Doscher plays)

dgreco
September 27th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Albany @ SFPA - road trip but UA is a lot better than SFPA, Albany wins by a few scores
Bryant @ Duquesne - I hate to be a homer, but Bryant is getting starters back. They are playing tough and they are taking a 2 day bus trip to not be "worn out." This is the first time they are doing it, but I think it helps them to leave campus thursday morning and arrive friday day. I think Bryant slips by and gets the road win.
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart - SHU motivated from the Dartmouth win, but CCSU really motivated from the Monmouth loss. Playoffs are on the line, CCSU wins this one.
Monmouth vs. RMU - I wanted to pick this as the upset special, but I think Monmouth holds on and surprising RMU moves to 0-4
Wagner @ Cornell - Even without Doscher I think Wagner wins. By the end of the game it looked like a head injury so IDK if that is better or worse, but Wagner wins this one.

NFLCB2
September 27th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

RattlerFan70
September 28th, 2011, 05:59 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

Dane96
September 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

WWII
September 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
Sacred Heart @ CCSU
RMU @ Monmouth
Wagner @ Cornell

blackbeard
September 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Albany
Duquesne
Sacred Heart
Monmouth
Wagner

Hoping the Pioneers build on last week's big upset win. xnodx

MUHAWKS
September 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Albany @ SFPA
Bryant @ Duquesne
CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Monmouth vs. RMU
Wagner @ Cornell

albany, Bryant, Sacred Heart, MONMOUTH, wagner

Original_RMC
September 30th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Albany @ SFPA
Albany showed last week that it's ready to start their NEC march. SFPA will not be able to stop Albany as their running game will be too much for the Red Flash.

Albany 44-17

Bryant @ Duquesne
Bryant + Away Game = L
I know Bryant left a day early but they could spend a week in Pittsburgh and I don't think they will be able to stops the Duke's offense. I think people see this final score and review the Dukes NEC schedule and realize that on paper, they could be the favorite to win the NEC this year.

Dukes 34-21

CCSU vs. Sacred Heart
Great Victory for SHU but now they have to face a very pissed off CCSU squad.
CCSU has their back against the wall being 0-1 in the conference now.

CCSU 24-6

Monmouth vs. RMU
RMU is off to a 0-3 start when they should be 2-1. RMU has apparently had some great practices this week. The team is focused and they know what they must do.
Monmouth is coming off a huge victory at CCSU? Could this be a let down game for Monmouth? Will RMU catch them sleeping on the Colonials?

RMU 24-20

Wagner @ Cornell
I was worried that the game being at Cornell would be an issue but Wagner is too strong on both sides.

Wagner 27-17