PDA

View Full Version : App State @ Wofford

Pages : [1] 2

T-Dog
September 26th, 2011, 06:27 AM
After Wofford's tremendous victory and what amounted to a bye week for ASU, the 2010 SoCon co-champs meet in by-far the biggest SoCon game of the season this Saturday and a battle of Top 10 teams unlike last week's game.

Despite their mighty struggles in their last two trips to Boone, the Terriers have done well against the Apps in the Upstate. Beat eventual NCAA Champs ASU in 2007 and only lost by 10 in 2009 with a team that went 3-8.

AppAlum2003
September 26th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Good gosh... schedule doesn't lighten up at all, huh?

I expect another fairly low-scoring game decided by 6 points or less. If Kimbrough plays, I'd feel a lot more comfortable picking ASU. It's tough to break in a new starting LB with the TO.

cannonballgsu
September 26th, 2011, 07:33 AM
App State - 49
Wofford - 6

Just kidding.

Smitty
September 26th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Hoping that Wofford comes away with a win in this game, that way when Wofford beats UTC it will be even better...

appstate38
September 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Hopefully the ASU offense will wake up.... I hope Quick continues his ownership of the Terrier Secondary. He has had some great games against them.

GaSouthern
September 26th, 2011, 08:03 AM
I think the ASU offense wakes up but the fact that this game is not at home will make the difference. Wofford wins it by 12

SideLine Shooter
September 26th, 2011, 08:09 AM
WC - 45
ASU - 10

Skjellyfetti
September 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Going into the season, I figured we would lose 1 conference game this year. Wofford... since it's in Spartanburg... was my pick for that loss. It's tougher to make that pick the week of the game. But, I think Wofford wins unless our offense really steps up.

TwoFeathers
September 26th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Great matchup!

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I'm not in to predicting scores, but I will be at the game. Go APPS!

SpeedkingATL
September 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
The App O-line needs to grow up fast and better decision making by both Presley and from the sidelines is required to beat Wofford at Sparklecity. This App D has looked pretty good against the run but this option is a different animal. I think Wiley clogging up the middle against the dive makes the difference and App survives 21-20. We need our supended players back too.

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 09:06 AM
The App O-line needs to grow up fast and better decision making by both Presley and from the sidelines is required to beat Wofford at Sparklecity. This App D has looked pretty good against the run but this option is a different animal. I think Wiley clogging up the middle against the dive makes the difference and App survives 21-20. We need our supended players back too.

Agreed on suspended players, but it's great to know that we could keep UTC in check with a couple of backups. I'll be there this week - WoCo always plays great at home.

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 09:13 AM

The only suspended player that might be back is Kimborough. Appnation has seen the last of Gainey and Tanyi and good riddance to them.

blueballs
September 26th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Wofford by 10... should be a good one though.

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 09:18 AM
The only suspended player that might be back is Kimborough. Appnation has seen the last of Gainey and Tanyi and good riddance to them.

Any official word on what happened?

SpeedkingATL
September 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Agreed on suspended players, but it's great to know that we could keep UTC in check with a couple of backups. I'll be there this week - WoCo always plays great at home.

I'll be there as well. Look for the White Magnum. It'll be good to hook up again.

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Hey man, where is the best place for us to park and hook up with you guys?

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 09:47 AM
No still rumor and speculation, but I've heard it from enough different sources to feel as though they're done. I just hope Kimborough didn't mouth off and he just removed his helmet, which would mean he'll most likely play this week. It seems like we picked some questionable captains to show leadership this year.

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Hey man, where is the best place for us to park and hook up with you guys?

Last time there was a virtual city of ASU fans on the north side, and we were parked near the tree line (check it out on Google maps) - it was hard to miss with all the flags.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/05724185576852253571.jpg (http://www.myuploadedimages.com/)

asumike83
September 26th, 2011, 11:07 AM

Was Kimbrough officially suspended? I know he was ejected after the 2nd personal foul but I have not heard anything about a suspension. Does anybody know what is happening with Gainey and Tanyi? I just don't understand how Coach Moore was considering letting them play at this time last week, now they are gone for good.

Skjellyfetti
September 26th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I think the fact that we haven't heard anything official on Tanyi or Gainey could be a good sign (not necessarily for them playing this week, though). It would seems that if they were expelled on Friday... that someone... Tommy Bowman from WSJ... or Brian from Rivals... would have received some concrete info on it.

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Was Kimbrough officially suspended? I know he was ejected after the 2nd personal foul but I have not heard anything about a suspension. Does anybody know what is happening with Gainey and Tanyi? I just don't understand how Coach Moore was considering letting them play at this time last week, now they are gone for good.

Sorry, that's my poor usage of words, Kimbrough was ejected which usually leads to a suspension for next game, but it seems like the gears are moving to get him cleared by the Socon office. My 2 cents is he'll play.

The Gainey/Tanyi rumor is spreading like wildfire and their absence this Saturday only spurned that on. I heard the exact same rumor from 5+ sources, so it could be true or a vicious lie, but if it was a lie, why were they not in the backfield against Coleman? Hopefully it's false, but I still want Baker and Middleton from here on out I believe. I think the captains need to be reconsidered, or leadership is going to affect us severely as the season progresses.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
ehh.....I can't predict a victory because of how we've played App when it counts. The last couple of years when we've played App, we've come out flat and absolutely unphysical. This year, the thing about our defense that sticks out to me is the physicality of the defense, particularly in the front 7 and at linebacker. Niam and Scianeaux (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) are putting up all conference numbers, and Niam is all over the field. Pall is not having the year he had last year but that may be because of double-teams, either way our front 7 has lots of playmakers, and goes 2 deep this year. The problem is that last year we were kind of the same way (maybe a smidge less physical) and we came out entirely flat at App. It was really sad. I think we can do really well against App's run game and may we'll get pressure on DP and he'll make mistakes. We have to guard Quick. We've been unable to the last 3 years. Stephon Shelton is a sleep all conference CB this year IMO but he won't get that title if Quick runs rampant against us. I say a good game is keeping him under 120 yards.

Offensively, if we execute, we'll be fine. We don't have the overly simplistic offense like last year (hand off to EB 3x and punt) we have another quality back in Donovan Johnson who is a HB/FB hybrid and he'll be in the pistol a lot with Mitch Allen and EB. If you key on EB we'll just hand it off to him or pitch it to him in open space. We also have a decent passing game, we throw about 10 passes a game and usually they go for big yards, App's Secondary is suspect and I think we may get a couple off on them.

Our special teams have to improve, we can't have stupid penalties, and we can't afford more than say one turnover.

If we can hold App under 20 I like our chances....history says that's unlikey though. I'm looking for the terriers to come out fire up and a good crowd of 9 or 10k to show up (we had about 6.5k for Wofford turnout against Samford). Hopefully we'll pull the upset. My gut says 31-17 Wofford but my head says App has the horses to score a lot of points

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 12:43 PM
If we can hold App under 20 I like our chances....history says that's unlikey though. I'm looking for the terriers to come out fire up and a good crowd of 9 or 10k to show up (we had about 6.5k for Wofford turnout against Samford). Hopefully we'll pull the upset. My gut says 31-17 Wofford but my head says App has the horses to score a lot of points

This is what you just did on the other thread, pick one and run with it. Heard or heart, doesn't matter, but stop covering both ends.

I say App's offense is looking to show what it can do; quesion is, can they actually do what they think they can? I also believe our D will get caught up in some play action, but no more than Wofford has passed historically, I think our D will be just fine. We hold Wofford to 21, ASU rolls to 38, making a BIG statement in the Socon on the way to the win.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
This is what you just did on the other thread, pick one and run with it. Heard or heart, doesn't matter, but stop covering both ends.

I say App's offense is looking to show what it can do; quesion is, can they actually do what they think they can? I also believe our D will get caught up in some play action, but no more than Wofford has passed historically, I think our D will be just fine. We hold Wofford to 21, ASU rolls to 38, making a BIG statement in the Socon on the way to the win.

The Citadel thread was a typo, I meant offense and typed defense. I corrected the typo, so I really have no idea what you're talking about.

Citadel=bad offense without the athletes to run their offense and decent athletes with good defensive coaching

App=could score 50, could score 10 Saturday, it all depends on how Wofford plays D

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Last time there was a virtual city of ASU fans on the north side, and we were parked near the tree line (check it out on Google maps) - it was hard to miss with all the flags.

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/05724185576852253571.jpg (http://www.myuploadedimages.com/)

Good deal, thanks man.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Good deal, thanks man.

Hopefully Wofford will mail me and DJ's parking pass soon as we haven't gotten it for some reason. He has box seats for the game, but YT is staying on his 45 yardline seats

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I'll be taking the SAT on that day too....thank goodness it's a 3:00 kickoff

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
The Citadel @ Chattanooga- this one should be a good one, I think Chatty will win but it wouldn't surprise me if El Cid's D kept them in this one

This. This is what I'm talking about. I don't know how you don't know when the Citadel guy pointed it out. You say Chat will win, then say El Cid might stay in this one. That's not a prediction, that's saying "yeah I guarantee one of the two will win, just wait and see I'm right."

Concurrently, I have no idea what you're talking about a typo, it's an entire sentence (again like the Citadel poster said) so that's not a typo.

App=could score 50, could score 10 Saturday, it all depends on how Wofford plays D
I guess the entire game depends on how both teams will play doesn't it? A prediction is venturing a guess as to the outcome, but if you choose to continue along these lines, just let me know and I'll quit questioning it. If you're sticking by this so you'll be right, I'll help you cover your bases better.

Try this: "I think Wofford could score as many as 49, but as few as 3 depending on the play of App's D. I have a feeling Wofford wins this by anywhere from 1 to 35, but it wouldn't surprise me if App actually won afterall."

You can use this template for pretty much every game from here on out and watch as people start coming to you asking for Lottery numbers.

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 01:06 PM

I'll buy you another coke. Find us if you can. I think DJ has my number.

boonegoon
September 26th, 2011, 01:07 PM
This. This is what I'm talking about. I don't know how you don't know when the Citadel guy pointed it out. You say Chat will win, then say El Cid might stay in this one. That's not a prediction, that's saying "yeah I guarantee one of the two will win, just wait and see I'm right."

Concurrently, I have no idea what you're talking about a typo, it's an entire sentence (again like the Citadel poster said) so that's not a typo.

I guess the entire game depends on how both teams will play doesn't it? A prediction is venturing a guess as to the outcome, but if you choose to continue along these lines, just let me know and I'll quit questioning it. If you're sticking by this so you'll be right, I'll help you cover your bases better.

Try this: "I think Wofford could score as many as 49, but as few as 3 depending on the play of App's D. I have a feeling Wofford wins this by anywhere from 1 to 35, but it wouldn't surprise me if App actually won afterall."

You can use this template for pretty much every game from here on out and watch as people start coming to you asking for Lottery numbers.

Or, you could read my horoscope for me.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM

The Citadel guy was pointing out how I originally put in the post that El Cid had no defense then said that it would keep them in the game against Chatty. I corrected said mistake, he wasn't getting on me for the same thing you are. I picked Chattanooga to win, but I think The Citadel's D will keep them in it. Is that unfair, indecisive, or flip-floppy? That's giving a team its credit IMO, I can't guarantee any team will win on any given saturday.

What's your deal? We ALL predict lottery numbers with scores. But I have no clue how my team plays because we seem to lay an egg against App. I'm not giving a prediction for a score (AND I SAID AS MUCH) because my team always does that against App it seems.

Am I claiming to be a guru? no. I'm just giving simple guidelines. Wofford keeps App under 20 and I like our chances, THAT'S a prediction, but as for how the game will play out, I refuse to predict because of App being my team's kryptonite.

You're really reading too much into what I post, I always give the "if, if, if" for Wofford and I usually predict a score, but not in this case. I honestly don't see how my post behavior is so odd as you are, because you clearly misinterpreted the point of the Citadel poster in the last thread

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 01:14 PM
I'll buy you another coke. Find us if you can. I think DJ has my number.

we'll be looking...just tell us what to look for

ASUG8
September 26th, 2011, 01:58 PM
we'll be looking...just tell us what to look for

PM sent.

appfan2008
September 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
looking forward to my first trip to a game at wofford... should be fun... but not looking forward to the game will be very tough... GO ASU

asumike83
September 26th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I like ASU to come through in a very close game. Discipline on defense and playing good assignment football will the the key. If the ASU defenders can prevent themselves from over pursuit and stay with their man, there is enough speed and open-field tackling ability to make it a long day for the Wofford offense. However, the ASU offense will need to re-group from last week and put some points on the board. I don't expect a huge scoring day, but punching in a few touchdowns may be enough to win this one.

ASU 20
Wofford 14

ASUMountaineer
September 26th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hopefully Wofford will mail me and DJ's parking pass soon as we haven't gotten it for some reason. He has box seats for the game, but YT is staying on his 45 yardline seats

Nice, I have no idea where our seats are (my buddy ordered the tickets). I think we have about 13 going, so it should be a good time.

StorminASU
September 26th, 2011, 02:27 PM
The Citadel guy was pointing out how I originally put in the post that El Cid had no defense then said that it would keep them in the game against Chatty. I corrected said mistake, he wasn't getting on me for the same thing you are. I picked Chattanooga to win, but I think The Citadel's D will keep them in it. Is that unfair, indecisive, or flip-floppy? That's giving a team its credit IMO, I can't guarantee any team will win on any given saturday.

What's your deal? We ALL predict lottery numbers with scores. But I have no clue how my team plays because we seem to lay an egg against App. I'm not giving a prediction for a score (AND I SAID AS MUCH) because my team always does that against App it seems.

Am I claiming to be a guru? no. I'm just giving simple guidelines. Wofford keeps App under 20 and I like our chances, THAT'S a prediction, but as for how the game will play out, I refuse to predict because of App being my team's kryptonite.

You're really reading too much into what I post, I always give the "if, if, if" for Wofford and I usually predict a score, but not in this case. I honestly don't see how my post behavior is so odd as you are, because you clearly misinterpreted the point of the Citadel poster in the last thread

Yes I did def. misread what was happening in the other thread. I just wanted you to pick a prediction and go with it, I know it'll be off, just wondering what the general concensus was/if one existed. It's a petpeeve of mine when people do that and I like to be a smart@$$ on the internet so it worked out well for me. I'll watch it next time. Gonna be a great game in Spartanburg.

Rekdiver
September 26th, 2011, 02:35 PM
We've kicked WU's buttpretty good for several years. Payback could be hell......... Ayers bunch is solid and we are not who we thought we are/were/whatever.

Wofford by 17, if we are lucky.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Yes I did def. misread what was happening in the other thread. I just wanted you to pick a prediction and go with it, I know it'll be off, just wondering what the general concensus was/if one existed. It's a petpeeve of mine when people do that and I like to be a smart@$$ on the internet so it worked out well for me. I'll watch it next time. Gonna be a great game in Spartanburg.
yeah, I hope so. Sorry I'm only giving "ifs." but when you lay an egg against App like Wofford has in the last couple years, you can't really give a concrete analysis. So 31-17 would be my prediction, if that suits you, but I think App will score more and we'll answer the call as well

Squealofthepig
September 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Any idea if the game will be televised or online anywhere? I've only seen snippets of both teams so far and would love to watch bits and pieces live if possible.

Gotta pick the Terriers to win at home, but this could also be the game App pulls it all together. Will be fun to track.

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 02:52 PM
it's on ESPN 3

boonegoon
September 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
it's on ESPN 3

And PBS! Kermit is the color guy

OLDMAIN80
September 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM

Easiest to enter Twitty Street off of Pine Street (The four Lane where Starbucks is). No predictions on the outcome from me, not superstitious cause its bad luck to be superstitious. I'll be making the trip from LA again this weekend (900 mile round trip) so I hope for a great game. I'll be in the parking lot that is in the bottom of the picture (south endzone) but will be in my seats for the entire game. I'll leave the serious tailgating for after either celebratory or consoling.

Hope y'all have a safe trip.

GO TERRIERS

james_lawfirm
September 26th, 2011, 03:43 PM

The SAT? Don't they make you S.C. fellers take the SAT BEFORE college? Oh, wait ... that means ... you've not yet matriculated.

Good luck & best wishes on the SAT. With a high score you might even get accepted to ASU. xlolxxlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
The SAT? Don't they make you S.C. fellers take the SAT BEFORE college? Oh, wait ... that means ... you've not yet matriculated.

Good luck & best wishes on the SAT. With a high score you might even get accepted to ASU. xlolxxlolx

I'm taking it twice, this time for funsies :P

AppMAN04
September 26th, 2011, 07:53 PM
DP gets his confidence back this week, Quick continues to torch Woffords secondary as always and the Defense just needs to contain the run as much as possible.. Going to be a tough game but unlike last week I believe its going to be high scoring..

ASU-38

WC- 24

tractorapp
September 26th, 2011, 08:20 PM

Good luck YT! Where are you in school now? Wife and I live in the Chapman district. We'll be on the Wofford side in the upper section on the hill side. Looking forward to the game and again, good luck Saturday morning on the SAT... but not so much on the game. Peace,

Terrierforlife
September 26th, 2011, 08:51 PM
ehh.....I can't predict a victory because of how we've played App when it counts. The last couple of years when we've played App, we've come out flat and absolutely unphysical. This year, the thing about our defense that sticks out to me is the physicality of the defense, particularly in the front 7 and at linebacker. Niam and Scianeaux (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) are putting up all conference numbers, and Niam is all over the field. Pall is not having the year he had last year but that may be because of double-teams, either way our front 7 has lots of playmakers, and goes 2 deep this year. The problem is that last year we were kind of the same way (maybe a smidge less physical) and we came out entirely flat at App. It was really sad. I think we can do really well against App's run game and may we'll get pressure on DP and he'll make mistakes. We have to guard Quick. We've been unable to the last 3 years. Stephon Shelton is a sleep all conference CB this year IMO but he won't get that title if Quick runs rampant against us. I say a good game is keeping him under 120 yards.

Offensively, if we execute, we'll be fine. We don't have the overly simplistic offense like last year (hand off to EB 3x and punt) we have another quality back in Donovan Johnson who is a HB/FB hybrid and he'll be in the pistol a lot with Mitch Allen and EB. If you key on EB we'll just hand it off to him or pitch it to him in open space. We also have a decent passing game, we throw about 10 passes a game and usually they go for big yards, App's Secondary is suspect and I think we may get a couple off on them.

Our special teams have to improve, we can't have stupid penalties, and we can't afford more than say one turnover.

Pick a side bro. You can't argue both sides unless you're calling the game Saturday LOL

Terrierforlife
September 26th, 2011, 08:58 PM
looking forward to my first trip to a game at wofford... should be fun... but not looking forward to the game will be very tough... GO ASU

Welcome friend. You'll have a great time! Gonna be good!

Terrierforlife
September 26th, 2011, 09:00 PM
I'm taking it twice, this time for funsies :P

Wofford Bound?

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Wofford Bound?

unless the $$$ isn't there. I'm in the application process now, but based on statistics alone I can tell you I can get in to any college in the state

Reign of Terrier
September 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Good luck YT! Where are you in school now? Wife and I live in the Chapman district. We'll be on the Wofford side in the upper section on the hill side. Looking forward to the game and again, good luck Saturday morning on the SAT... but not so much on the game. Peace,
My high school has the best football team in the state this year, that should be a good enough clue ;)

Pick a side bro. You can't argue both sides unless you're calling the game Saturday LOL

I am (Go Terriers), but as I said about Chatty last saturday, everything on paper and what I see on film tells me that we should win, but App has all the intangibles of owning us, so I can't pick us.

SoCon48
September 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Wofford by 14. The MMB will melt down.

ASUMountaineer
September 27th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Wofford by 14. The MMB will melt down.

Or, we win by 14 and you continue to post on Cat Pride.

I am looking forward to making the trip to Spartanburg...hoping for a good game and your prediction to be wrong.

asumike83
September 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
I have some family coming into town and my travel plans have been canceled, so unfortunately I will be watching the game with Kermit and Miss Piggie. However, I will attempt to scream at my TV loud enough that y'all can hear it from Charlotte!

I like ASU in a tight one. Brian Quick has had a field day against the Wofford defense throughout his career and I think he will have another big day as DeAndre bounces back from a terrible performance last week. The ASU showing should be strong enough to negate any real home field advantage, my boys squeak out another nail-biter against a SoCon contender.

On a side note, if my prediction is wrong and DeAndre cannot move the offense down the field in the 1st half, I think there is a chance that Jamal Jackson comes out to start the 2nd. DP had a monster season in 2010 and deserves some slack but the rumor is that his leash is getting a little shorter. Thoughts?

biggie
September 27th, 2011, 11:31 AM
JM blamed himself/coaches on some of the offensive struggles on weekly call, hopefully some changes this week will help.

james_lawfirm
September 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM
JM blamed himself/coaches on some of the offensive struggles on weekly call, hopefully some changes this week will help.

Yes, he did. That sort of public criticism of his staff is rather out of character for him. I'm not sure what the problem was, and I don't know that he'd tell us. However, whatever it was, I bet it just got fixed.

Wofford's in for it. Just hang on.

appmaj
September 28th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Strongly considering taking my first trip to Wofford for this game

GaSouthern
September 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Strongly considering taking my first trip to Wofford for this game

It's a nice, but tiny, stadium. It cannot support a full crowd on the visiting side (bathrooms and concessions) but I do suggest going.

SpeedkingATL
September 28th, 2011, 08:42 AM
It appears that 3 starters will be missing on the App defense this Saturday. Gainey (DB) and Tanyi (LB) were both held out against UTC and don't appear on this weeks 2 deep. Kimbrough, the SoCon and national defensive player of the year is suspended by the SoCon for having 2 unsportsman like penalties in one game, both for removing his helmet before reaching the sidelines. Guess we'll see how deep this young defense is on saturday.

Saint3333
September 28th, 2011, 09:19 AM
ASU is starting FOUR TRUE freshman on defense with Saturday, both DEs, MLB, and a CB. Dale Jones has he's hands full this weekend.

Not to mention the three freshman starting on the oline against one of the better dlines at the FCS level. On paper this sounds bad.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 12:41 PM
ASU is starting FOUR TRUE freshman on defense with Saturday, both DEs, MLB, and a CB. Dale Jones has he's hands full this weekend.

Not to mention the three freshman starting on the oline against one of the better dlines at the FCS level. On paper this sounds bad.
and one of the best Linebacker corps IMO The DL (especially Ameet Pall) hasn't had a breakout game yet, partially because the Linebackers all over the field. Mike Niam is an All-American IMO Scianeaux (if I can spell the name right, I don't think I did here) is all conference material. I keep having a better and better feeling about this game as the week goes on. If Wofford gets out to a quick start and it's say 21-10 or so in the second quarter, I like our chances to win. Then again there's no need to get our hopes up. I hate kryptonite!

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
You like your chances if Wofford gets out to a 21-10 lead in the second quarter.

Great analysis. xthumbsupx;)

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
You like your chances if Wofford gets out to a 21-10 lead.

Great analysis. xthumbsupx;)

We were up 34-23 in 2009 and choked, my point being is that if we get App off the field and capitalize with points early, I think we win

T-Dog
September 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I hate kryptonite!

I found it!

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/stats/writer/2008/20081031WC-ASUgallery/images/Action_8_QuickCatch.jpg

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1105_450_brianquick.jpg

http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/1103/1103_450_leapingtouchdown.jpg

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics22/640/GO/GOOBDJXUCPPRKWJ.20091017212836.jpg

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 12:50 PM
I found it!

It burns! but seriously, I like our chances against Quick this year, at least relatively. 4th time's the charm?

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 01:12 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/jaxsvc.jpg

biggie
September 28th, 2011, 01:15 PM
^I 'laffed'.

appstate38
September 28th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I am a bit concerned with the number of freshmen starting this week, but on the bright side they will gain some valuable big game experience that will benefit them and the team down the road.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 01:27 PM
typical skelly, going for the entitled-silver-spoon comment smh

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'd love to score 100 against App. and give them a taste of what they dole out. I haven't seen them play this year, but with the young guys and the suspensions, I may get my wish. Go Terriers!

Block-A
September 28th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Hopefully, Spartanburg will be like this again:

http://vimeo.com/7232949

Ofc, most of the App players shown here are gone now....

Still, fun to watch for Mountaineer fans anyway. ;)

james_lawfirm
September 28th, 2011, 08:05 PM
I'd love to score 100 against App. and give them a taste of what they dole out. I haven't seen them play this year, but with the young guys and the suspensions, I may get my wish. Go Terriers!

I doubt it. Did you watch the Chatty game? App's D is pretty good. Granted Kimbrough (LB) will sit.

Wofford may win, no doubt both teams are worth their ranking. But, WC won't hang 100 on App. If WC wins, it will be by 10 or less.

You probably don't have to worry about the 2008 score recurring though. I will say App's offense will be trying to prove something.

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:09 PM
You probably don't have to worry about the 2008 score recurring though. I will say App's offense will be trying to prove something.

And Wofford usually likes to help us get back on track offensively. ;)

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I doubt it. Did you watch the Chatty game? App's D is pretty good. Granted Kimbrough (LB) will sit.

Wofford may win, no doubt both teams are worth their ranking. But, WC won't hang 100 on App. If WC wins, it will be by 10 or less.

We have the horses to be more physical than App when App has the ball and I think we are capable of stopping them, but I've been saying that for years.....

tractorapp
September 28th, 2011, 08:21 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/jaxsvc.jpg

Classic, and true..

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:29 PM
keep it in the smack forum fellas, there is plenty of ammo for the App State convict/thug smack this year especially but I'm not going there because it's redundant and unnecessary, and you should do the same with the Private-school-silver-spoon-up-the-*** shtick

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM
yah, I'd stay away from convict/thug smack this year if I were you as well... because it's probably not that hard to google Willie Favors and Andrew Gehring's mugshots.

Glass houses and all that. xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:36 PM
yah, I'd stay away from convict/thug smack this year because it's probably not that hard to google Willie Favors and Andrew Gehring's mugshots. xcoffeex

yeah, they weren't convicted of anything yet and they were thrown off the team ASAP, can't say the same for Coco Hillary or even the 2 guys who won't be playing this week.

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:38 PM
yeah, they weren't convicted of anything yet and they were thrown off the team ASAP, can't say the same for Coco Hillary or even the 2 guys who won't be playing this week.

You got some inside info on Tanyi/Gainey I don't know about? Pretty sure no one knows what's going on there.

But, again... You don't want to go down the thug/convict route.

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM

I vowed to never go back to Boone after the Halloween debacle. I wouldn't have stopped for gas on my way back to Spartanburg. Well, I broke that promise and went back to Boone last year and was sick to my stomach. App. plays extremely aggressive and keeps their foot on the gas. I'm just looking for the Terriers to be in the driver's seat this time. Any video from the App./xtroublex Chatt game? I need to scout.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:41 PM
You got some inside info on Tanyi/Gainey I don't know about? Pretty sure no one knows what's going on there.

But, again... You don't want to go down the thug/convict route.
you just proved my point. Wofford guys=suspected yet not convicted=kicked off team

app guys=suspected yet not convicted=still on team

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Any video from the App./xtroublex Chatt game? I need to scout.

There will probably be a highlight video posted on Friday morning. But, until then, you can pay for a goasu.com month subscription and watch the whole game online. xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:43 PM

suspected of what?

there are no court dates or arrest reports for either of them.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:45 PM
suspected of what?

there are no court dates or arrest reports for either of them.
you're right, they've suspended for no reason xrolleyesx

Wofford doesn't put up with that crap. Say what you want, we've had our bad seeds like everyone else, but we don't keep them around like some teams

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 08:45 PM
And Wofford usually likes to help us get back on track offensively. ;)

Yeah, we play a soft zone that's effective in the red zone, just not the rest of the field. Woody(defensive coor.) will blitz early and often. Count on it.

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 08:46 PM
There will probably be a highlight video posted on Friday morning. But, until then, you can pay for a goasu.com month subscription and watch the whole game online. xthumbsupx

Hold your breath. LOL

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:47 PM

Like Kimbrough? ;)

There are a whole host of reasons one can be suspended. Doesn't mean there's anything criminal there.

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM

Wofford doesn't put up with that crap. Say what you want, we've had our bad seeds like everyone else, but we don't keep them around like some teams

Honestly, every program has issues. Wofford has kept as many bad seeds as it has sent packing. Trust me.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Like Kimbrough? ;)

There are a whole host of reasons one can be suspended. Doesn't mean there's anything criminal there.

Have you seriously not heard the main story going around? The fact that the ASU athletic department/CJM won't elaborate on the reason why they are suspended somewhat bring legitimacy to it seeing as it's an ongoing investigation.

We don't have ongoing investigations for that stuff, we've shown them the door as many times as they've shown their true colors. App cannot say the same *cough* *cough* Coco Hillary + these 2 knuckleheads

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 08:56 PM
seeing as it's an ongoing investigation.

Where are you getting this stuff?

Again, no arrest report. No scheduled court dates.

How do you know there is an ongoing investigation?

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:57 PM
My point is, keep it in smack

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Where are you getting this stuff?

Again, no arrest report. No scheduled court dates.

How do you know there is an ongoing investigation?
Because it's not regular to suspend someone indefinitely for a small offense when all parts of said offense were known by the administration. Thus there must be an investigation and said offense was severe enough to sit out for potentially the whole season if in fact said players committed them. Name a case in which someone was "suspended indefinitely" for something minor.

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 09:02 PM
My point is, keep it in smack

You're losing me kid. ??????????????????

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 09:05 PM
Name a case in which someone was "suspended indefinitely" for something minor.

Stephen Garcia "suspended indefinitely" for arguing and yelling at coaches.

I wouldn't consider it minor... but, certainly not criminal.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 09:06 PM
You're losing me kid. ??????????????????

This is the game thread, not the "Wofford's full of entitled silver-spoon-prep-school-elitists and App-is-full-of-drunk-rapist-convict-thugs thread." The picture posted was in the wrong place and Skelly should stay on topic, but he digs holes for a living and he can't read good so I don't expect him to understand.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Stephen Garcia "suspended indefinitely" for arguing and yelling at coaches.

I wouldn't consider it minor... but, certainly not criminal.

if you're alluding to this past season around spring practice, he was drunk in front of the media; otherwise you'll have to post a link.

Skjellyfetti
September 28th, 2011, 09:09 PM
You seem to keep up with the rumor mill and innuendo better than I do. You may be right, I don't know.

Still, nothing criminal.

Terrierforlife
September 28th, 2011, 09:21 PM
This is the game thread, not the "Wofford's full of entitled silver-spoon-prep-school-elitists and App-is-full-of-drunk-rapist-convict-thugs thread." The picture posted was in the wrong place and Skelly should stay on topic, but he digs holes for a living and he can't read good so I don't expect him to understand.

Ehhh, no harm, no foul. From an actual Wofford Alumnus.

Reign of Terrier
September 28th, 2011, 09:27 PM
You seem to keep up with the rumor mill and innuendo better than I do. You may be right, I don't know.

Still, nothing criminal yet.

FIFA

AppAlum2003
September 28th, 2011, 10:18 PM
if you're alluding to this past season around spring practice, he was drunk in front of the media; otherwise you'll have to post a link.

At Garcias age it's common to have a little bourbon before dinner like that... Drinks, dinner then Bingo at the Senior Center.

woffordgrad94
September 28th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Let's just keep the topic on the damned game...both Wofford and App.St. are worthy accredited institutions of higher learning, and both have graduated some people who have contributed to society in positive ways. And both have had dickheads attend as well. But one is not better than the other...they BOTH have their place! Let's just have a good, hard-fought clean game. I hope the Terriers win, but if they don't, I am not going to bash ASU for winning. In fact, I am not a fan of "smack" anyway...it is stupid and immature and belongs in high school. Adults shouldn't stoop to it.

blueballs
September 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM
Let's just keep the topic on the damned game...both Wofford and App.St. are worthy accredited institutions of higher learning, and both have graduated some people who have contributed to society in positive ways. And both have had dickheads attend as well. But one is not better than the other...they BOTH have their place! Let's just have a good, hard-fought clean game. I hope the Terriers win, but if they don't, I am not going to bash ASU for winning. In fact, I am not a fan of "smack" anyway...it is stupid and immature and belongs in high school. Adults shouldn't stoop to it.

I agree with that for the most part but how many mascots drag their *** on the ground and lick their balls during games?

That is uniquely Wofford and something you should be proud of!!!!

Ole' Yosef might dig his *** because he ain't bathed in weeks but he can't reach to get a good lick in...

asucrutch23
September 29th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Appalachian State at Wofford

Sat 10/1 Appalachian State +3½ -120
3:00PM Wofford -3½ -120

Early line from 5dimes.

Saint3333
September 29th, 2011, 08:56 AM
you just proved my point. Wofford guys=suspected yet not convicted=kicked off team

YT you are discussing something you have no inside information on. You're better than that.

T-Dog
September 29th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Here's the first and only thing I will say about the Tanyi/Gainey situation.

Yes it involves a drunken female and according to Title IX, when a co-ed decides to accuse a male student(s) of sexual assault (which by the letter of Title IX could be touching her without permission), the men basically lose all their rights and can be expelled just because of an accusation. Why? Because otherwise the school could lose their federal funding if they're found to not follow the letter of the law regarding Title IX and are deemed a "hostile environment". Lawmakers have stacked the deck against college men in these situations should the female press charges or even if the college thinks there's enough circumstantial evidence to press charges. From what I understand of the Tanyi/Gainey situation, the female has hired a lawyer and thus the school's hands were tied. They could be 100% guilty or 100% innocent. I'm not going to speculate on it, but we're probably never seeing Gainey again as he's a senior and Tanyi might could be back next year as he's a junior, but it's a slim chance.

Here's an article which tells how we've gotten to this point. Kind of scary actually. http://www.phillymag.com/articles/the_new_rules_of_college_sex/?show_ad

Apphole
September 29th, 2011, 09:03 AM
JM dropped 70 on Wofford on Halloween because the year before, Wofford had the win, but instead of kneeling the ball and taking the W, they kept running it and scored.

NOW Let's get to some smack xthumbsupxxsmiley_wixxrotatehx

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Ahem..."read well."

xlolx

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 09:20 AM

You're better than this YT. And, your coach would back up that JM runs a classy program.

Apphole
September 29th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Ahem..."read well."

xlolx

I think he was being facetious

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I think he was being facetious

Exactly.

gomocs79
September 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Hoping that Wofford comes away with a win in this game, that way when Wofford beats UTC it will be even better...

Hoping that Wofford comes away with a win, that way when UTC beats Wofford it will be even better...

asumike83
September 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM

Unless you have more information than the rest of us, it makes no sense to speculate on rumors. We have no idea how much information the ASU coaching staff has now or how much information the Wofford coaching staff had when they dismissed their players. I highly doubt Ayers would have kicked them off the team if he did not have a very good reason to believe they were in the wrong. As for the ASU players, they have not suited up or stood on the sideline for a game since this situation came up, so you can't really say they are letting them slide. My guess is they will keep them on the roster until they get more info, and if it is as bad as the rumors say, dismiss them when they have the facts.

Terrierforlife
September 29th, 2011, 10:53 AM

...it is stupid and immature and belongs in high school. Adults shouldn't stoop to it.[/QUOTE]

Good smack!xsmileyclapx

Terrierforlife
September 29th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Here's the first and only thing I will say about the Tanyi/Gainey situation.

Yes it involves a drunken female and according to Title IX, when a co-ed decides to accuse a male student(s) of sexual assault (which by the letter of Title IX could be touching her without permission), the men basically lose all their rights and can be expelled just because of an accusation. Why? Because otherwise the school could lose their federal funding if they're found to not follow the letter of the law regarding Title IX and are deemed a "hostile environment". Lawmakers have stacked the deck against college men in these situations should the female press charges or even if the college thinks there's enough circumstantial evidence to press charges. From what I understand of the Tanyi/Gainey situation, the female has hired a lawyer and thus the school's hands were tied. They could be 100% guilty or 100% innocent. I'm not going to speculate on it, but we're probably never seeing Gainey again as he's a senior and Tanyi might could be back next year as he's a junior, but it's a slim chance.

Here's an article which tells how we've gotten to this point. Kind of scary actually. http://www.phillymag.com/articles/the_new_rules_of_college_sex/?show_ad

Good stuff. Insightful link.

Go Apps
September 29th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Unless you have more information than the rest of us, it makes no sense to speculate on rumors. We have no idea how much information the ASU coaching staff has now or how much information the Wofford coaching staff had when they dismissed their players. I highly doubt Ayers would have kicked them off the team if he did not have a very good reason to believe they were in the wrong. As for the ASU players, they have not suited up or stood on the sideline for a game since this situation came up, so you can't really say they are letting them slide. My guess is they will keep them on the roster until they get more info, and if it is as bad as the rumors say, dismiss them when they have the facts.

The ASU guys have an issue involving a female on campus - my guess is they may both be expelled - it appears either way they are done at APP

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 11:15 AM
YT you are discussing something you have no inside information on. You're better than that.

You're better than this YT. And, your coach would back up that JM runs a classy program.

I think he has shown that he is not. If I remember correctly he shows up every year before the Wofford App game and starts spouting off crap. Hopefully we'll shut him and the other three Wofford fans up. There might be some ASU blood in the water this year, but Wofford's not a big enough shark to take them down.

Terrierforlife
September 29th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I think he has shown that he is not. If I remember correctly he shows up every year before the Wofford App game and starts spouting off crap. Hopefully we'll shut him and the other three Wofford fans up. There might be some ASU blood in the water this year, but Wofford's not a big enough shark to take them down.

See you at the game!

boonegoon
September 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I agree with that for the most part but how many mascots drag their *** on the ground and lick their balls during games?

That is uniquely Wofford and something you should be proud of!!!!

Ole' Yosef might dig his *** because he ain't bathed in weeks but he can't reach to get a good lick in...

Man, I wish I could do that. That dog would bite you!

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM

yeah, because that's totally me xrolleyesx how can you say that if you've only been posting here since January 2011

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 12:09 PM
yeah, because that's totally me xrolleyesx how can you say that if you've only been posting here since January 2011

because I'm on the MMB also.

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
because I'm on the MMB also.

2 years in a row....Wow I'm such a troll. I definitely haven't spouted any crap this year either, I was just making a point that smack should stay out of this thread because cheap comments are easy, especially for someone like skelly.

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 12:27 PM
See you at the game!

Unfortunately I'm sick and am not going to make it, but hope it's a great game and no injuries on either side. Ohh and boo wofford ;)

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 12:32 PM
2 years in a row....Wow I'm such a troll. I definitely haven't spouted any crap this year either, I was just making a point that smack should stay out of this thread because cheap comments are easy, especially for someone like skelly.

Who said anything about two years in a row, I've been reading the MMB for at least four years. Not saying you're a troll, just saying I remember your name coming up year after year before the Wofford game saying App is going to lose, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, Eric Brenienstein owning us, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, we have higher class athletes....

I'm just saying it's an old schmooze.

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Who said anything about two years in a row, I've been reading the MMB for at least four years. Not saying you're a troll, just saying I remember your name coming up year after year before the Wofford game saying App is going to lose, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, Eric Brenienstein owning us, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah, we have higher class athletes....

I didn't have an account on MMB until last year before the App game, so your point is invalid

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I'll say Wofford by less than a TD.

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 12:40 PM

Nah, YT is a good kid (especially as soon as he realizes ASU is worth the money). His pops is a really good guy, YT may be a lot of things, but I wouldn't call him a trash-talker.

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Nah, YT is a good kid (especially as soon as he realizes ASU is worth the money). His pops is a really good guy, YT may be a lot of things, but I wouldn't call him a trash-talker.

I never said he was a trash talker, nor did I mean to imply it. However, I am tired of the same ole' worn out arguments about how Wofford is better, comparing Wofford to App, etc. I've read where Wofford's defense is better, where there offense is better and then I've read sandbagging where in case they lose, it's because they have a better caliber athlete.

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 12:56 PM
I didn't have an account on MMB until last year before the App game, so your point is invalid

That's my mistake then, I guess it just stuck with me for that one year.

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I never said he was a trash talker, nor did I mean to imply it. However, I am tired of the same ole' worn out arguments about how Wofford is better, comparing Wofford to App, etc. I've read where Wofford's defense is better, where there offense is better and then I've read sandbagging where in case they lose, it's because they have a better caliber athlete.

My bad, I used the wrong terminology.

If I remember correctly he shows up every year before the Wofford App game and starts spouting off crap.

It doesn't bother me that he says that WoCo's defense is better, or the offense is better...he's a fan, that's what fans do. All you have to do is say scoreboard, like we did last year (and the year before that, and the year before that).

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 01:03 PM
That's a problem on terrierfans, I tend not to use that argument anymore, it's redundant. You get us 3 Wofford fans mixed up

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
My bad, I used the wrong terminology.

It doesn't bother me that he says that WoCo's defense is better, or the offense is better...he's a fan, that's what fans do. All you have to do is say scoreboard, like we did last year (and the year before that, and the year before that).

Well, that's not 100% true. xlolx

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 01:07 PM

That's very true, it does get tiring to read and respond to though. I do believe Chattownmocs helped me lose the normal complacency toward such posts too.

That's a problem on terrierfans, I tend not to use that argument anymore, it's redundant. You get us 3 Wofford fans mixed up

I'll digress then. I do want to point out you said you won't use it "anymore" though, so I did have to read it a few times. No reason to hold you personally responsible for what the other two Wofford fans do though.

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 01:09 PM
That's very true, it does get tiring to read and respond to though. I do believe Chattownmocs helped me lose the normal complacency toward such posts too.

I'll digress then. I do want to point out you said you won't use it "anymore" though, so I did have to read it a few times. No reason to hold you personally responsible for what the other two Wofford fans do though.

I used it in 2008, by no means were we a power, and honestly I'd venture to say we're more athletic defensively than we were that year

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Well, that's not 100% true. xlolx

It's 100% true for those years. Lets not stroll down memory lane any further though.

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 01:11 PM
I used it in 2008, by no means were we a power, and honestly I'd venture to say we're more athletic defensively than we were that year

Maybe so; you have to be more athletic defensively if you ever hope to find an answer to #8. That man is never going to be welcome in Spartanburg.

ASUMountaineer
September 29th, 2011, 01:12 PM
It's 100% true for those years. Lets not stroll down memory lane any further though.

I was referencing our favorite Moc fan. He doesn't care what the scoreboard says, his team is better. xlolx

StorminASU
September 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I was referencing our favorite Moc fan. He doesn't care what the scoreboard says, his team is better. xlolx

Haha, very true. In his padded cells, that's too much reality to face.

T-Dog
September 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Looking at the forecast for this weekend, Wofford's lucky this game isn't in Boone.

Hi: 43 Lo: 34

Mostly cloudy with a few showers, especially NC/TN line (snow flurries up top); Stunningly colder; Valley frost Sat. night with decreasing clouds; NW wind 10-20 mph & gusty, diminishing at night

The high for Sparkle City this weekend is 64 with temps dipping into the low 50's that morning.

Just like how Sauron sends out clouds ahead of his Army of Mordor so they don't have to fight in the sun, ASU sends out cold weather so we don't have to play in the heat. :D

(Come to think of it, our last two trips to Gnatsboro have been in the mid-to-low 60's with a constant breeze)

App-a-latch-un
September 29th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Looking forward to my first trip to Wofford and keeping my streak alive this year, 5th game in a row! Might make it to every game this season!

SoCon48
September 29th, 2011, 08:23 PM
In spite of what people on the MMB say, Wofford is a good place to watch a game. The campus is beautiful and the fans are classy. Nostalgic.

woffordgrad94
September 29th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Okay, here is what everyone at ASU wants to hear:

I have decided not to come down to Spartanburg for the game, even though I will be off from my job in Charlotte that day and night (I actually work nights at McGuire Nuclear Station right now as an RP). I will just keep my *** up here in Charlotte because we have ZERO chance of winning. That Quick guy is just too damned good for us. ASU is an unstoppable force, and I just don't want to be stuck on the tracks when that train comes through. My prediction is ASU 91, Wofford 0.

woffordgrad94
September 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Damn, you can't say A S S on here? That's just utterly MFing stupid!

Reign of Terrier
September 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Damn, you can't say A S S on here? That's just utterly MFing stupid!

***. worked for me

oh my god it didn't

woffordgrad94
September 29th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Quick will have 40 catches for 600 yards and 9 TDs...I just can't be at the game to see that.

Really, some people on this board are jokes. They are "internet bullies" who wouldn't dare spout off the crap they post here to an opposing fan's face because they know they'd get their A S S kicked!

woffordgrad94
September 29th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Again, I reiterate that I really think this will be a great game, and that both Wofford and ASU are top-notch places. Whatever the result, I hope the GAME is the main story Saturday and not any off-the-field bullcrap.

GaSouthern
September 30th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I would be pretty happy to watch this game in person, but if I showed up wearing blue and white i'd probably be killed :D

AppStsGr8
September 30th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I would be pretty happy to watch this game in person, but if I showed up wearing blue and white i'd probably be killed :D

Come on up, GaSouthern. Wear your blue and white. You can sit with us.

ASUMountaineer
September 30th, 2011, 07:33 AM
Okay, here is what everyone at ASU wants to hear:

I have decided not to come down to Spartanburg for the game, even though I will be off from my job in Charlotte that day and night (I actually work nights at McGuire Nuclear Station right now as an RP). I will just keep my *** up here in Charlotte because we have ZERO chance of winning. That Quick guy is just too damned good for us. ASU is an unstoppable force, and I just don't want to be stuck on the tracks when that train comes through. My prediction is ASU 91, Wofford 0.

Well, I trust you're a good dude...I guess I have to since I live close to the McGuire Nuclear Station.

As to your prediction...I think the spread could be just a tad too big, so I'll take Wofford and the points. xlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 30th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Ankle biters by 14. Woffords Offense >>> Chatty's Offense.
xnodx

asucrutch23
September 30th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Well, I trust you're a good dude...I guess I have to since I live close to the McGuire Nuclear Station.

As to your prediction...I think the spread could be just a tad too big, so I'll take Wofford and the points. xlolx

FWIW, the actual line has moved from Wofford -3.5 to Wofford -5.5, so give me the Apps and the points!

Saint3333
September 30th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Where did you get your FCS lines?

asucrutch23
September 30th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Where did you get your FCS lines?

5dimes.

Interesting that last weeks line: Apps by 2. xnodx
Let's hope they're not right again, though. xsmhx

Reign of Terrier
September 30th, 2011, 09:35 AM

Maybe on the App side, but on the Wofford side we're too busy sippin wine ;)

biggie
September 30th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Is that in between tiny bites of cheese?

asumike83
September 30th, 2011, 09:57 AM

Hey now... keep the wine and cheese talk to the smack forum! :D

Terrierforlife
September 30th, 2011, 10:10 AM

Smart man.xtroublex

SideLine Shooter
September 30th, 2011, 10:21 AM

You can stick with your Thunderbird Wine, while I'll stay with the "shine".

"Rhyme every time."

"I'm a poet and didn't know it."

SideLine Shooter
September 30th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Come on up, GaSouthern. Wear your blue and white. You can sit with us.

Amen, had some fun with the GSU faithful before.

T-Dog
September 30th, 2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s

T-Dog
September 30th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Oh yeah, Gainey and Tanyi are reinstated and will play tomorrow. False accusations ala Duke Lacrosse.

AppAlum2003
September 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Wonder if those two will be angry about missing two games...

StorminASU
September 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkl-QiHe9s

I love our video team. They do a great job week in, week out. I hope our team is ready to go Michael Vick on the terriers tomorrow.

HighCountry
September 30th, 2011, 11:46 AM
4:11 is hilarious, AWESOME job Jake, Davis, Calvin, Jacob, Angelo, and anyone else who worked on this one.

To Wofford fans, are signs and flags aloud inside Gibbs? Looked on the athletics site but did not find anything.

Where are all the appfans tailgating tomorrow?

Skjellyfetti
September 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Oh yeah, Gainey and Tanyi are reinstated and will play tomorrow. False accusations ala Duke Lacrosse.

But... Youngterrier has high level sources telling him something different entirely. xrolleyesx xlolx

asknoquarter21
September 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Thats great!

Several younger guys got some great experience last week, but it feels good knowing they will be back.

asumike83
September 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Getting two starters back who have experience against this offense will be huge. I'm not sure what Blalock's status is, but I hope Doug Middleton stays in as starting FS. He has serious playmaking ability and I think he's earned the job.

AppAlum2003
September 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Getting two starters back who have experience against this offense will be huge. I'm not sure what Blalock's status is, but I hope Doug Middleton stays in as starting FS. He has serious playmaking ability and I think he's earned the job.

Yes Yes Yes - I hope Middleton starts the rest of the season. He's played great. At this point, I'd like to see him added to the Jerry Rice Award List.

ASUG8
September 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
4:11 is hilarious, AWESOME job Jake, Davis, Calvin, Jacob, Angelo, and anyone else who worked on this one.

To Wofford fans, are signs and flags aloud inside Gibbs? Looked on the athletics site but did not find anything.

Look for the ASU flags - it's a field to the north of the stadium and it was "little Boone" two years ago when I was there despite crappy weather conditions. Should be a good crowd with a 3PM start and the temps cooling down a bit.

ASUMountaineer
September 30th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Look for the ASU flags - it's a field to the north of the stadium and it was "little Boone" two years ago when I was there despite crappy weather conditions. Should be a good crowd with a 3PM start and the temps cooling down a bit.

Hey man, I'll text you when we get set up tomorrow and let you know where we're at.

ASUG8
September 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Hey man, I'll text you when we get set up tomorrow and let you know where we're at.

You guys coming down tonight or tomorrow?

God help the Upstate. xlolx

Reign of Terrier
September 30th, 2011, 01:02 PM

No rules that I'm aware of, flags have always been flown by App State and GSU fans

ASUMountaineer
September 30th, 2011, 02:54 PM
You guys coming down tonight or tomorrow?

God help the Upstate. xlolx

Leaving Huntersville at 8:30am tomorrow. We should be set up by 11 in the lot.

True.

Block-A
September 30th, 2011, 07:56 PM
And PBS! Kermit is the color guy

When I read this, I thought it was a joke.

But no, it will really be on PBS. PBS? wtf?

Don't get me wrong, the wedding I'll be at starts at kickoff, so I'm glad that at least I can DVR the game. But... PBS?

I think, rather than Kermit, you have Oscar the Grouch for play-by-play, Grover for color commentary, and this guy on the telestrator:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/H3LL83NT/app_v_wof_hpy_trees.jpg

HighCountry
October 1st, 2011, 01:26 AM

Good stuff. A few friends and I will come by with a flag and the best beat wofford sign Antone will ever see.

T-Dog
October 1st, 2011, 04:49 AM
I was watching some Wofford highlights and I noticed the new midfield logo.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f271/tdog231x/App/angryterriergrrrr.jpg

I'm glad I saw that beforehand. If I saw that for the first time in person later today, I would have been kicked out for loudly blurting out "The **** is that?"

Mikeyosef
October 1st, 2011, 07:52 AM
When I read this, I thought it was a joke.

But no, it will really be on PBS. PBS? wtf?

Don't get me wrong, the wedding I'll be at starts at kickoff, so I'm glad that at least I can DVR the game. But... PBS?

I think, rather than Kermit, you have Oscar the Grouch for play-by-play, Grover for color commentary, and this guy on the telestrator:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/H3LL83NT/app_v_wof_hpy_trees.jpg

Yes, PBS...who knew they were into sports. All kidding aside, at least we can watch the game in Hi def, something that wasn't the case with Sports South. So take that and smoke it in your Sherlock Holmes style pipe.

The Moody1
October 1st, 2011, 09:12 AM
My understanding is the the SoCon games will not be broadcast in HD. While the SS broadcasts were not HD they were at least wide screen format and the quality was excellent. I have set my DVR and will be curious what kind of production quality we get. Expectations are low.

james_lawfirm
October 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
My understanding is the the SoCon games will not be broadcast in HD. While the SS broadcasts were not HD they were at least wide screen format and the quality was excellent. I have set my DVR and will be curious what kind of production quality we get. Expectations are low.

Wife & younger son are in Gastonia for tennis tourney. If over by 3:00 they are going to drive on to game. Say hello! I'm taking break from yard work. BTW, a dusting of snow just whirled around my yard here in Lenoir.

The Moody1
October 1st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Wife & younger son are in Gastonia for tennis tourney. If over by 3:00 they are going to drive on to game. Say hello! I'm taking break from yard work. BTW, a dusting of snow just whirled around my yard here in Lenoir.

We are getting ready to head up to the game. We will look for them.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 10:17 AM
On the way right now. We've passed like 20 cars on 85 with Clemson flags heading to Blacksburg I assume. See you all in the lil stadium.

ASU_Fanatic
October 1st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Could be tailgating right now, instead I'm in frickin Raleigh. Go Apps!!!!!

MarkCCU
October 1st, 2011, 02:07 PM
On the way right now. We've passed like 20 cars on 85 with Clemson flags heading to Blacksburg I assume. See you all in the lil stadium.

hopefully Clemsux will lose. I pray they lose.

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM
Gonna be a long game for the ASU defense it appears... not good. Missing Kimbrough hurts... really sucks to lose your starting Mike Linebacker that has played against this offense before.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 02:28 PM
That FG looked good from where I'm sitting

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 02:41 PM
First good drive since SSU

eagle07
October 1st, 2011, 02:50 PM
u guys want me to come kick FGs for ya?

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
That FG looked good from where I'm sitting

I take it you arent the flag boy today?

Milktruck74
October 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
EB is looking strong, on track for a 200 yard day.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 03:07 PM
Horrible spot. 3rd and 1, he gets planted right where he took the handoff and they converted somehow.

AppMAN04
October 1st, 2011, 03:09 PM
interception ASU

Mccray

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Quick is really yapping on the sideline.

DP_ASU
October 1st, 2011, 03:12 PM
Brian Quick pissed off after a sack...DP needs to go.

AppMAN04
October 1st, 2011, 03:13 PM
I have been saying we need to put Jackson in and switch up a bit.. Fresh young legs that anxious.. WHY NOT?

DP_ASU
October 1st, 2011, 03:14 PM
DP gets scared to death...That is the difference between old number 14 and 2.

Back2theROCK!
October 1st, 2011, 03:17 PM
Im sure he is saying....throw me the damn ball!!

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 03:21 PM
Quick is probably saying "Can you please have JJ throw me the ball? DP even throws it over MY head."

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2011, 03:28 PM
He should be saying "come on man, I am the most overrated reciever ever" "My production doesnt come close to matching my high profile"

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 03:36 PM
He should be saying "come on man, I am the most overrated reciever ever" "My production doesnt come close to matching my high profile"

He's 4-0 against the mockeries

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM

Please save that quote for NFL draft night when he goes in the 2nd Round. Please.

DP_ASU
October 1st, 2011, 03:44 PM
I like how Cadet got his pants ripped. He now has an app tail.

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2011, 03:46 PM
He's 4-0 against the mockeries

Dont you have a flag to wave at all times? Why are you wasting your time posting irrelevant statements?

chattownmocs
October 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Please save that quote for NFL draft night when he goes in the 2nd Round. Please.

Hes not going in the 2nd round of the NFL draft and how would that negate the fact that he hasnt produced at that high a level in college anyway?

Milktruck74
October 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Wofford's number 96 missed a great opportunity to play hockey...That permed mullet would fit in nicely on the ice.

DP_ASU
October 1st, 2011, 03:48 PM
This is miserable...please feel free to MOCk our special teams unit this game.

Milktruck74
October 1st, 2011, 03:52 PM
#7 moving the chains... EB is nasty.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 03:55 PM
Another laughable spot

Back2theROCK!
October 1st, 2011, 03:56 PM
tackling is our problem not spots

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
All I want for Christmas is some fair officiating

Milktruck74
October 1st, 2011, 04:00 PM
Nothing fancy, they just line up and get their 4+ yards and beat a D down...App looked tired after being pushed around for that minute drive.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Dont you have a flag to wave at all times? Why are you wasting your time posting irrelevant statements?

about as irrelevant as your presence in this thread

DP_ASU
October 1st, 2011, 04:02 PM
Now it is time for DeAndre Unimpressly to take the field...

HighCountry
October 1st, 2011, 04:03 PM
To any alumni at the game, I. Wouldjust like to say **** you. I have never breen heckeled so badly by any app fans for waving a flag during an IMPORTANT CONFERENCE game. Even when I waved it below the sight line of the upper seats I was still yelled at us..to all you old mother****ers sitting down...**** you, get some app in your heart.

gsueagle02
October 1st, 2011, 04:04 PM
about as irrelevant as your presence in this thread

POWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Stop em baby

eaglewraith
October 1st, 2011, 04:14 PM
To any alumni at the game, I. Wouldjust like to say **** you. I have never breen heckeled so badly by any app fans for waving a flag during an IMPORTANT CONFERENCE game. Even when I waved it below the sight line of the upper seats I was still yelled at us..to all you old mother****ers sitting down...**** you, get some app in your heart.

Were you waving it where it was blocking their view of the field? I can completely understand you getting crap for that. I do that myself at Georgia Southern games. Wave it during breaks in action if you're going to be blocking people, not when there's something going on down on the field.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
And Gibbs stadium DJ needs to learn how to turn the damn music off.

Milktruck74
October 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
And Gibbs stadium DJ needs to learn how to turn the damn music off.

Don't complain about music during the play, the DJ at KBS did it all day last Saturday....those damn bells for 3rd down were still ringing when we snapped 1st/4th down.

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
The Triple Option is so retarded.

I hate you Mike Ayers.

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hes not going in the 2nd round of the NFL draft and how would that negate the fact that he hasnt produced at that high a level in college anyway?

Numbers do not always mean success in the NFL. Ask Terrell Hudgins.

theasushow
October 1st, 2011, 04:34 PM
Never seen an ASU offense struggle like this...props to Wofford, clearly the better team. ASU may be in for a long season.

Back2theROCK!
October 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
I agree

theasushow
October 1st, 2011, 04:35 PM
Ameet Pall is an absolute beast.

theasushow
October 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
ASU did leave 9 points on the board due to very make-able field goals, which would have changed the entire dynamic of the game, but even so, wofford is the better team and deserves the W.

paward
October 1st, 2011, 04:41 PM
Till the clock say zero I still believe the Mountaineers will pull it out. I have seen it!

eaglewraith
October 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Till the clock say zero I still believe the Mountaineers will pull it out. I have seen it!

I would typically agree that it's never over til it's over....but App is being beat all over the field like a bunch of rented mules. They just don't have it in em.

SC-T-Dogg
October 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
Not even as close was the score.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:47 PM
See you in the playoffs. Great game. Clearly 2 top 5 teams

eagle07
October 1st, 2011, 04:48 PM
quick someone go start the "jerry moores head" thread LOL

hapapp
October 1st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Congrats to Wofford, the better team won today. I'm afraid, we will see some more struggles this season. It hurts to have missed three makeable FGs but that's the difference between a championship team and where we are at the moment.

It should be a great game when the Terriers and Ga Southern meet.

The one hope I have that comes out of this game is that we take the week off and really find ourselves some offensive rhythm. I think the talent is there but we aren't converting when we are in position to score.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 04:56 PM
quick someone go start the "jerry moores head" thread LOL

I don't think so. You also won't get a classless "has any team ever been so lucky" thread

GaSouthern
October 1st, 2011, 04:58 PM
Congrats Woffy!

Drblankstare
October 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Congrats to Woffard. The socon looks brutal this year, alot of solid teams.

eagle07
October 1st, 2011, 05:05 PM
I don't think so. You also won't get a classless "has any team ever been so lucky" thread

c'mon apphole, the "has any tem ever been so lucky" thread was a jewel, who knew that trolls knew how to work a keyboard, much less start a thread LOL

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
I am not looking forward to playing the ankle-biters in S'burgh. I know you guys have been counting down the days to that one.

Congrats, Ankle-Biters. xthumbsupx

Hopefully this kills App's chances of breaking GSU's record of six straight SoCon titles.

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
I am not looking forward to playing the ankle-biters in S'burgh. I know you guys have been counting down the days to that one.

Hopefully this kills App's chances of breaking GSU's record of six straight SoCon titles.

I'm confident we would have gotten the dub at KBS. We never do well in these high school environment.

AppAlum2003
October 1st, 2011, 05:18 PM
Congrats Woffy - they did EXACTLY what they wanted to do today and ASU could NOT stop them.

Block-A
October 1st, 2011, 05:55 PM
Congratulations, Terriers. Everybody & their little brother knew the game you were going to play & the App D still couldn't stop it.

Wofford D played well, too, but they had plenty of time to rest as the game went on....

ASUG8
October 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'm confident we would have gotten the dub at KBS. We never do well in these high school environment.

Surely you jest. xeyebrowx

Wofford would have only run for 300 instead of 400 on us in KBS with this effort.

Congrats Terrierists, and good luck the rest of the way. xthumbsupx

Terrierforlife
October 1st, 2011, 06:41 PM

What?????????????????

Terrierforlife
October 1st, 2011, 06:42 PM

You'd better believe it! That playoff loss hurt! See u there!

Reign of Terrier
October 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
App's offense was anemic

Terrierforlife
October 1st, 2011, 06:44 PM
See you in the playoffs. Great game. Clearly 2 top 5 teams

Hopefully they spread the SOCON out a little more. Once a year is enough for me!

eaglewraith
October 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hopefully they spread the SOCON out a little more. Once a year is enough for me!

"Regionalization"

Yea....right....

Terrierforlife
October 1st, 2011, 06:57 PM
"Regionalization"

Yea....right....

It killed us playing GSU twice last year.

eaglewraith
October 1st, 2011, 06:58 PM
It killed us playing GSU twice last year.

Hell I was scared to death having to play ya'll again last year.

Block-A
October 1st, 2011, 07:10 PM
BTW, y'all do know that you're supposed to punt on 4th & more than one or two, right? Do you even have a punter dressed for games?

xrolleyesx

Apphole
October 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Surely you jest. xeyebrowx

Wofford would have only run for 300 instead of 400 on us in KBS with this effort.

Congrats Terrierists, and good luck the rest of the way. xthumbsupx
No jest. Our D does alot better at home. Look at our home record, especially against Wofford. It's hard to get that hype and momentum when the stadium you're playing in serves as more of a sledding playground than a football stadium. And apparenty out older alumni sections discourages support at away game (highcountry). Gibbs is a snooze fest. Fittingly, a highschool band performed!

dungeonjoe
October 1st, 2011, 07:12 PM
BTW, y'all do know that you're supposed to punt on 4th & more than one or two, right? Do you even have a punter dressed for games?

xrolleyesx
Ayers hasn't gotten the memo on that. Besides we only had one guy doing all the kicking duties after Reed's injury in the first quarter.