PDA

View Full Version : Delaware to Play South Dakota St?

GannonFan
April 20th, 2006, 10:58 AM
A rumor floating from a fans' gathering last night that included an appearance by the Delaware AD has UD playing a home and home with South Dakota St somewhere in the future - any Jackrabbit fans that can verify any truth to this?

89Hen
April 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM
A rumor floating from a fans' gathering last night that included an appearance by the Delaware AD has UD playing a home and home with South Dakota St somewhere in the future - any Jackrabbit fans that can verify any truth to this?
In football? :eyebrow: That would be surprising and a departure from the norm, but interesting nonetheless. I think we're locked up through at least 2009 with WCUPA, Furman, Maryland, Navy... no?

GannonFan
April 20th, 2006, 11:33 AM
In football? :eyebrow: That would be surprising and a departure from the norm, but interesting nonetheless. I think we're locked up through at least 2009 with WCUPA, Furman, Maryland, Navy... no?

I believe both we and SDSU are tied up for sometime - I would imagine this would be more longer term scheduling.

henfan
April 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
There will be a lot of room on the UD's schedule once the NCAA clears teams to play 12 games. Look for the announcement one week from today.

Wouldn't surprise me if the UD and SDSU agreed to the deal, knowing that 12 games were on the immediate horizon. McNeese just agreed to play UL-Lafayette as their 12th game in '06.

ChickenMan
April 20th, 2006, 11:38 AM
According to unconfirmed reports it's a two for one... two at UD... one at South Dakota St.

MR. CHICKEN
April 20th, 2006, 11:54 AM
BRAWK!.....DA BRER RABBITS.....AT DUH COOP............:rotateh:........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
April 20th, 2006, 12:27 PM
LADS....DUH 'JACKS......ARE NOT 'FRAID O' ANYBODYAH....ANYWHEREAH....CHECK OUT DUH SKED:

H. WISCONSIN-LACROSSE
A. MONTANA
A. NORTHERN IOWA
A. NICHOLLS STATE
A. MCNEESE STATE
H. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
A. CAL-POLY
H. UC-DAVIS
H. WM. PENN
A. SOUTHERN UTAH
A. NORTH DAKOTA STATE
H/A DELAWARE ???

............:eek::eek::eek:.........BRAWK!

WISCONSIN-LACROSSE 42-13
VALPARAISO 69-6
MONTANA 0-7
CAL-POLY 16-24
TEXAS STATE 12-42
UC-DAVIS 16-14
MISSOURI-ROLLA 64-28
GEORGIA SOUTHERN 42-55
SOUTHERN UTAH 55-7
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 17-41
NORTHERN COLORADO 30-14

PLAYED SOME O' DUH BIG BOYS....TOUGH!.......:nod:....AWK!

89rabbit
April 20th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Coach Stig mentioned on the Radio last fall that a home and home with Delaware was in the works. :nod:

RabidRabbit
April 20th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Hope SDSU gets the first ('06) home game. We need to get more than 4 home games if playing 12.

And Delaware's a QUALITY PROGRAM that would draw at Coughlin, especially if fit in Sept./Oct. Appears that 10/14 is our open weekend.

Rabbitlivinginverm
April 20th, 2006, 02:38 PM
LADS....DUH 'JACKS......ARE NOT 'FRAID O' ANYBODYAH....ANYWHEREAH....CHECK OUT DUH SKED:

H. WISCONSIN-LACROSSE
A. MONTANA
A. NORTHERN IOWA
A. NICHOLLS STATE
A. MCNEESE STATE
H. CENTRAL ARKANSAS
A. CAL-POLY
H. UC-DAVIS
H. WM. PENN
A. SOUTHERN UTAH
A. NORTH DAKOTA STATE
H/A DELAWARE ???

............:eek::eek::eek:.........BRAWK!

WISCONSIN-LACROSSE 42-13
VALPARAISO 69-6
MONTANA 0-7
CAL-POLY 16-24
TEXAS STATE 12-42
UC-DAVIS 16-14
MISSOURI-ROLLA 64-28
GEORGIA SOUTHERN 42-55
SOUTHERN UTAH 55-7
NORTH DAKOTA STATE 17-41
NORTHERN COLORADO 30-14

PLAYED SOME O' DUH BIG BOYS....TOUGH!.......:nod:....AWK!

Here's what we know about the 2007 schedule so far:

Home
Cal Poly
NDSU
S Utah
Montana
SF Austin
Texas State

Away
W. Illinois
Davis

Here's a link to the Jacks board that talks about future schedules:

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1144882775

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 02:50 PM
There will be a lot of room on the UD's schedule once the NCAA clears teams to play 12 games. Look for the announcement one week from today.

Wouldn't surprise me if the UD and SDSU agreed to the deal, knowing that 12 games were on the immediate horizon. McNeese just agreed to play UL-Lafayette as their 12th game in '06.

Are you saying Edgar was planning ahead to get a 12th game for '06 and we may get one?

This will really tick off Kevin Tressolini at the Snooze Journal.:nod:

Proud Griz Man
April 20th, 2006, 09:00 PM
According to unconfirmed reports it's a two for one... two at UD... one at South Dakota St.

Other unconfirmed reports indicate its a three for zero contract, three at UD... and zero at... oh, they must change their name to South Chester State at Brookings.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Start flaming away xcoffeex

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Other unconfirmed reports indicate its a three for zero contract, three at UD... and zero at... oh, they must change their name to South Chester State at Brookings.

Do they have a really good band?????xlolx xlolx xlolx

April 20th, 2006, 09:22 PM
SDSU has a great band! :)

Tod
April 20th, 2006, 09:23 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused: : smh :

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 09:26 PM

Sorry I missed your Birthday earlier this month PGM. So Belated Happy Birthday. xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx xbdayx

Also, all should know that Proud Griz Man is the most senior poster on this board based on time of signing up to AGS.

HERE is to PGM!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

blukeys
April 20th, 2006, 09:29 PM
SDSU has a great band! :)

Then maybe we can finally dump WCUPA since that appears to be a requirement.;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

By the way WCUPA has a very good band (I have to be honest and give them props) probably the best of all of D-2 and better than 90% of I-AA. :nod: :nod:

GannonFan
April 21st, 2006, 11:29 AM
The rumor has it that it is a 2 for 1 deal (2 games in Newark, one in Brookings) and they would be for the 2010, 2011, and 2012 seasons.

Ivytalk
April 21st, 2006, 01:44 PM
Delaware vs. South Dakota State. Let's call it the Battle of the Credit Card Giants!;) :p

henfan
April 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
Are you saying Edgar was planning ahead to get a 12th game for '06 and we may get one?

This will really tick off Kevin Tressolini at the Snooze Journal.:nod:

No, I seriously doubt Edgar would make the effort for '06. I meant 12 games in future seasons. He'll work his butt off to quickly line up games just to say there's no room on the schedule of Delaware State. Guaranteed.

Rabbit3467
April 21st, 2006, 06:08 PM

We do have a great band here are a couple of pics, hope this helps get the games.:D :D

Rabbit3467
April 21st, 2006, 06:13 PM

We do have a great band. It has played in the rose bowl parade, and a couple of presidential inauguration parades. I hope this helps us get the games. :D

blukeys
April 21st, 2006, 08:39 PM
No, I seriously doubt Edgar would make the effort for '06. I meant 12 games in future seasons. He'll work his butt off to quickly line up games just to say there's no room on the schedule of Delaware State. Guaranteed.

He better get off his Butt as 2006 is right around the corner. Although he may already know that DSU can't get out of their opening game commitment. If so KT will not have much to write about for a couple of weeks!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

For the record I do not care one way or another on a UD - DSU game and I don't think it will occur on EJ's watch (although I think it was more Tubby's call than anyone's). I am one of the few UD fans who actually take in a DSU game in a given year and I don't see any advantage in the game for UD. I am also a DSU grad student and hear some of the other side although there is less interest then the News - Journal would have you think!!!!!

89Hen
April 21st, 2006, 08:44 PM
For the record I do not care one way or another on a UD - DSU game... I don't see any advantage in the game for UD.
I'm on your side blu. :nod:

blukeys
April 21st, 2006, 08:50 PM
We do have a great band. It has played in the rose bowl parade, and a couple of presidential inauguration parades. I hope this helps us get the games. :D

Thanks Rabbit. My post was somewhat in jest. Delaware fans know that one of the arguments for having West Chester State on the schedule is the quality of their band. In truth West Chester may have the best band in all of D-2 and they have a band better than many if not most of Divsion I Schools (FYI West Chester is known in Pa. as a Music Education School)

BUT, this is not a solid reason for scheduling West Chester. SDSU will get scheduled regardless of the quality of their band.

For the Record in the A-10/CAA, Delaware has an excellent band as does Massachusetts. I have heard that JMU's band is also very good but I have not been able to hear them first hand.

It looks as if the UD games with SDSU start in 2010. This makes sense to me as UD's schedule is typically set 3 to 4 years ahead.

Rabbit3467
April 22nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
blukeys, I new that your comment was in jest. I just thought i would throw that in. I know this has nothing to do with a Delaware vs SDSU matchup, I'm just excited for it to happen. Its great that SDSU is able to get OOC matchups against good teams that don't normally play much out west.