Total: 198-79 (71-44 SLC)

Southland Conference Week 5 Game Listing
Lamar at Southeastern Louisiana
McNeese at Northwestern State
Nicholls State at Texas State-San Marcos
UTSA at Sam Houston
Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas

TT's Quick Analysis and Predictions

Lamar at Southeastern Louisiana - Southeastern Louisiana scored 27 points in Lake Charles and obviously has some sort of offensive production based on their results this year. The question is going to be whether or not their defense is going to hold up as they go through the league. They are going against Woodard/Whitten. Enough said! I still think that SLU has got the edge here because the game is at Strawberry Stadium. SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA

McNeese at Northwestern State - The Demons rolled the Colonels and the Pokes wallooped the Lions this past week. Are the Demons for real? Will McNeese retain their spot alongside SHSU as the real contender in this league for the title? Tough to say at this point, but I do like what McNeese has going on with those North Texas transfers. McNEESE

Nicholls State at Texas State-San Marcos - The folks from San Marcos get to play what amounts to their second Div II team in a few weeks. Kidding, kidding... the 'Battle for the Paddle' is always a tough one and Nicholls is going to be over their heads. If they cannot defend their home field against N'Western State and Caston had to be replaced last week, going to be a long campaign. TEXAS STATE-SAN MARCOS

UTSA at Sam Houston - UTSA had their eggs and BACONE this past week. SHSU can speak to that from a few weeks ago. While Sam beat UNM this past week, the defensive concerns late in the game allowing hte Lobos to make a run are of concern. SHSU will fix that issue and UTSA will be ripe for the picking with their young squad. How many yards for Flanders and Sincere this week? POUND THAT BALL! SAM HOUSTON STATE

Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas - Two teams viewed prior to the season as contenders have gotten to bumpy starts. The Lumberjacks enter league play 1-3, though they have had a tough slate to date. The Bears are coming off a rough trip to Arkansas State after having to reflect after Sam beat them by 21 in Huntsville. Which team will gain some momentum and stay in the league race? CENTRAL ARKANSAS

msusig
September 25th, 2011, 11:15 AM
UTSA at Sam Houston

McNeese75
September 25th, 2011, 11:24 AM

The lions have some serious offensive weapons and a very good defense. Lamar has not shown much so far and do not appear to have the running game to control the clock like McNeese did last night. I will have to go with the Lions in Strawberry Field.

The should be a barn burner with the Demons finally getting the Thib monkey off their back and the Cowboy running game showing up. Gotta go with my Pokes.

If the Colonels were still running the Triple -O there might be a chance but what I have see so far this year, I think the Cats will prevail.

UTSA at Sam Houston

The Kats ain't Bacone. This one could get ugly

Both teams are reeling from their games yesterday. I will go with the home team in what could be a tight game. If somehow UCA gets their QB back, it may not be close.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2011, 11:33 AM
Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 7-0
Week 3: 6-0
Week 4: 2-3

UTSA at Sam Houston

JJWooten
September 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas - Two teams viewed prior to the season as contenders have gotten to bumpy starts. The Lumberjacks enter league play 1-3, though they have had a tough slate to date. The Bears are coming off a week to relax, reflect after Sam beat them by 21 in Huntsville. Which team will gain some momentum and stay in the league race? CENTRAL ARKANSAS

Terror, the Bears got stomped by Arkansas State yesterday, they didn't have a week off to relax.

GeauxLions94
September 25th, 2011, 03:40 PM
McNeese State at Northwestern State
Nicholls State at Texas State
UTSA at Sam Houston State

LIONFAN07
September 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Tough week for me last week and the Lions
1-4 xeekx
Lamar at Southeastern Louisianaxnodxxnodx
UTSA at Sam Houston State-BIG

jhanel
September 25th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Lamar at Southeastern Louisiana - This should be a good game for SLU
McNeese at Northwestern State - If we can fix all of the mistakes we made in the Nicholls game, this should be an exciting game!
Nicholls State at Texas State-San Marcos - Who knows, nicholls could actually win this one, it would not bother me, but I will still pick southwest texas state
UTSA at Sam Houston - stomp UTSA please, they were just to good for the Southland!!!
Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas - Still not sure if Dick does not play if UCA wins, but SFA is down, and I think UCA wil keep them there.

Got Right? xthumbsupx

crossfire07
September 25th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Nicholls State at Texas STATE-San Marcos
UTSA at Sam Houston

TheRevSFA
September 25th, 2011, 10:08 PM
SELA, mcneese, Texas state, SFA, and sam

Dallas Demon
September 25th, 2011, 11:46 PM
UTSA at Sam Houston

msupokes1
September 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Nicholls State at Texas STATE-San Marcos
UTSA at Sam Houston

katstrapper
September 27th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Lamar at Southeastern Louisiana-- Woodard/Whitten?xlolxxlolx... Mike Lucas sends the Cards packing early... SE Louisiana

McNeese at Northwestern State.. Demons completely surprised me with their 34-0 stomping of the Colonels. I am going to pick an upset in Demon Land!!... NW State

Nicholls State at Texas STATE-San Marcos-- Colonels didnt show up last week and the Bobkitties got a win on the road at SFA, but the "Battle for the Paddle" is always a tough game. I say Bobkitties lay an egg... Nicholls State

UTSA at Sam Houston.. UTSA played Bacone, SHSU put 48 points and 547 yds of offense on New Mexico for the win. UTSA hasnt seen a D llike this yet.. Sam Houston

Stephen F. Austin at Central Arkansas.. Which team is going to show up this week. Bears are back at home after a brutal two weeks on the road. They get some home cooking and Nathan Dick back at QB.. Central Arkansas

Bearkat-Backer
September 27th, 2011, 09:40 AM
I think the home teams take it this week.

UTSA at Sam Houston

jhanel
September 27th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, there are people other than me picking Northwestern State over McNeese! This has to be the first time in a long time!

McNeese75
September 27th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Wow, there are people other than me picking Northwestern State over McNeese! This has to be the first time in a long time!

:D They are not picking, the Kat fans are praying.

jhanel
September 27th, 2011, 02:33 PM
LOL!!!! So am I!!!

Bearkat-Backer
September 27th, 2011, 03:01 PM
:D They are not picking, the Kat fans are praying.

Guilty as charged. I do think NW has a shot at home though.

McNeese75
September 27th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Guilty as charged. I do think NW has a shot at home though.

Of course they do and we are pulling for those suckass roadrunners as well xnodx

kingkat99
September 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Of course they do and we are pulling for those suckass roadrunners as well xnodx

Im having a hard time imagining any circumstance where anyone would root for UTSA or TXST for that matter....

Bearkat-Backer
September 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM

I have a new found respect for all of the opposing fans in the SLC. The nUTSAck fans are the biggest douche bags I have ever encountered.

kingkat99
September 27th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Besides we all know as long as the game is close NWST will win....its that Turpin magic.

jhanel
September 27th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Besides we all know as long as the game is close NWST will win....its that Turpin magic.

xshakefistx And you were doing so good until then xnonono2x

NSUDemon98
September 27th, 2011, 06:16 PM

Get over it...

It makes no sense at all for the referees to do us any favors. We're only NSU and are not secretly in charge of the officials.xconfusedx

crossfire07
September 27th, 2011, 09:06 PM

Most games, no matter who wins is usually close but don't you have to go way wayyyy back in history for that to be a true statement? They have not beat McNeese since 2004.(?)

crossfire07
September 27th, 2011, 09:08 PM

Of course they are. If you was a bearkat fan, who would you want to win? lol

kingkat99
September 28th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Get over it...

It makes no sense at all for the referees to do us any favors. We're only NSU and are not secretly in charge of the officials.xconfusedx

All I said was Turpin Magic and you immediately assume I mean officiating...hmmm. Guilty Conscience? lol

jhanel
September 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
All I said was Turpin Magic and you immediately assume I mean officiating...hmmm. Guilty Conscience? lol

No, you meant it that way. xliarx That's how you have stated it before until this time. You can sugar coat it anyway you like, but we know and you know what you really meant. xnodx

It's cool though, whatever makes you guys feel better,superior, or gives an excuse. With all of this hype Sam has posters have been putting out there lately, I'm beginning to feel as if you guys might just have taken up the Texas State torch. xlolx

Good luck this weekend versus UTSA. Those guys deserve a major rear kicking. They are "entitled" to it! xlolx

jhanel
September 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Most games, no matter who wins is usually close but don't you have to go way wayyyy back in history for that to be a true statement? They have not beat McNeese since 2004.(?)

Yes, very true....We have only beaten McNeese TWICE since 1999. xsmhx Very sad on our part. Hope it is a great game and a great crowd this weekend.

kingkat99
September 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
No, you meant it that way. xliarx That's how you have stated it before until this time. You can sugar coat it anyway you like, but we know and you know what you really meant. xnodx

It's cool though, whatever makes you guys feel better,superior, or gives an excuse. With all of this hype Sam has posters have been putting out there lately, I'm beginning to feel as if you guys might just have taken up the Texas State torch. xlolx

Good luck this weekend versus UTSA. Those guys deserve a major rear kicking. They are "entitled" to it! xlolx

Nahh we will never take up the TXST torch...I just threw that out there cause I know it bothers you when I say it....

jhanel
September 28th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Nahh we will never take up the TXST torch...I just threw that out there cause I know it bothers you when I say it....

I know...It's all good...im sure there will be plenty of smack when we play November 12th. I will be at that game. Should be fun!!!

TexasTerror
October 1st, 2011, 09:36 PM
SLU spoils the perfect weekend... how'd you do?

TT's Predictions All-Time Results
2007 Record: 46-14 (24-4 SLC)
2008 Record: 40-22 (9-18 SLC)
2009 Record: 41-22 (16-12 SLC)
2010 Record: 49-17 (19-9 SLC)
2011 Record: 26-5 (4-2 SLC)
Total: 202-80 (73-45 SLC)

BEAR
October 1st, 2011, 10:31 PM
xeekx Yikes! I thought that SFA game would have been closer than that! UCA had it's third string players in the second half and it took SFA until the 4th to score! xeekx What a turnaround from last year!

And if anyone thinks that Nathan Dick doesn't make a difference in the games that UCA plays...you just don't know football! xlolx

I have never seen UCA give up so many yards game after game...but still hold teams in the redzone to field goals. xnodx

Not a top 25 team in my book but if they win out, that will be 7 d1 wins with a close loss to La. Tech. But it's gonna be a loooooooooong road to make that happen. I do believe there are some pretty stout teams FULL of talent waiting in the wings...xnodxxbowx

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
I would not mind UCA winning out... I like their head-to-head situation with the Bearkats, who I think will lose one game at SLC play at this point (pending Brian Bell's status).

blackfordpu
October 2nd, 2011, 08:37 AM
3-2 in week 5.
26-5 2011

Week 1: 8-0
Week 2: 6-0
Week 3: 7-0
Week 4: 2-3
Week 5: 3-2

UTSA at Sam Houston

BEAR
October 2nd, 2011, 05:56 PM
I would not mind UCA winning out... I like their head-to-head situation with the Bearkats, who I think will lose one game at SLC play at this point (pending Brian Bell's status).

Yeah that would be nice. And doesn't the NCAA take the team that hasn't been to the playoffs in the longest time if there is a tie in league record? Wait, didn't you guys beat a weak NM?..weak but a division I. So I don't think it would matter. ;.)

crossfire07
October 2nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
Whoever won the head to head will get the auto bid to the playoffs. That "longest since a team has been to the playoff" theory is a joke. There is a reason why such team has not been in the playoffs. lol

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah that would be nice. And doesn't the NCAA take the team that hasn't been to the playoffs in the longest time if there is a tie in league record? Wait, didn't you guys beat a weak NM?..weak but a division I. So I don't think it would matter. ;.)

That becomes an issue as one of the latter tiebreakers... head-to-head makes things easier, so hopefully there's no tri-champions who have beat on each other and not anyone else...

I understand why it is part of the provisions, particularly since it is better than a coin toss... but I hope to avoid it!

BEAR
October 2nd, 2011, 08:15 PM
That's true TT. I don't see UCA making the playoffs anyway..could happen..but not likely. Giving up megayards per game is one reason. I'll wish the Bearkats luck in the playoffs if they make it...but I hope two teams make it.

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2011, 06:32 AM
That's true TT. I don't see UCA making the playoffs anyway..could happen..but not likely. Giving up megayards per game is one reason. I'll wish the Bearkats luck in the playoffs if they make it...but I hope two teams make it.

Not looking good for two teams... a glance at the 'playoff eliminator' thread shows most of the SLC being present.

SHSU and McNeese winning as many games as possible is the most ideal situation. Hopefully SHSU can win out to garner a seed and McNeese's lone loss would be to SHSU, putting them in a great position to host in Lake Chuck. That may seem bias... but that is the most ideal method to not only get two teams in, but to have both teams in a great position to win.

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Not looking good for two teams... a glance at the 'playoff eliminator' thread shows most of the SLC being present.

SHSU and McNeese winning as many games as possible is the most ideal situation. Hopefully SHSU can win out to garner a seed and McNeese's lone loss would be to SHSU, putting them in a great position to host in Lake Chuck. That may seem bias... but that is the most ideal method to not only get two teams in, but to have both teams in a great position to win.

Or McNeese wins out and SHSU only has the one loss and gets an at large. There are plenty of trap games left for both teams so I would not be counting those chickens TT