PDA

View Full Version : Wofford 38 Samford 23 Final

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Solid win for the Terriers. Offense was unstoppable it seemed. We had over 500 yards of offense, with 450 on the ground. 3 players rushed for 100 yards or more. Special teams screwed us over somewhat. Kick coverage needs to be coached up. All but 3 of Samford's drives started on the Samford 40 or better for them. Still, the defense played great. Held Sammy to 270 yards total, with 61 on one play (a blown coverage I think). Wofford also held Chattanooga to 34 yards rushing (ouch). I like what I see in Wofford this year, but we have to cut down on the stupid penalties as this was the second game in which we had over 100 yards in penalties. Can't wait for App State!

woffordgrad94
September 24th, 2011, 11:02 PM
While it was great to get the win, all the personal fouls against us really bothered me. We have got to be more disciplined and avoid stupid penalties! PFs, along with some terrible first half kickoff coverage, were the two big reasons Samford stayed in the game despite the fact that we statistically dominated. If we have these same issues again next week, we will not be so fortunate. Besides, late hits and cheap shots are NOT the Wofford way, and I expect better from our guys than that.

CropDuster
September 24th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Sounds exactly like the GSU/WCU game.

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2011, 11:10 PM
While it was great to get the win, all the personal fouls against us really bothered me. We have got to be more disciplined and avoid stupid penalties! PFs, along with some terrible first half kickoff coverage, were the two big reasons Samford stayed in the game despite the fact that we statistically dominated. If we have these same issues again next week, we will not be so fortunate. Besides, late hits and cheap shots are NOT the Wofford way, and I expect better from our guys than that.
Some of the late hits were questionable, Samford did the same things and didn't get called. That's all I'm gonna say. There weren't any cheap shots

eaglewraith
September 25th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Some of the late hits were questionable, Samford did the same things and didn't get called. That's all I'm gonna say. There weren't any cheap shots

I'm noticing the Socon refs are really poor this year.

Terrierforlife
September 25th, 2011, 12:13 AM

At least in this game they were.

Terrierforlife
September 25th, 2011, 12:14 AM
I hate that we play at our opponents level. We need to play fast and hard at all times. I did not see a sense of urgency today. I hope it was the week off and not cockiness.

Reign of Terrier
September 25th, 2011, 12:23 AM
I hate that we play at our opponents level. We need to play fast and hard at all times. I did not see a sense of urgency today. I hope it was the week off and not cockiness.

were you at the game? we dominated. They couldn't stop our offense. kick coverage sucked and penalties were killer, but our defense made plays and got stops when we needed it. They rushed for 34 yards. they passed for 241, but 25% of those yards came on one play! We had 3 guys rush for 100 yards plus. They only thing that stopped us were penalties, 2 turnovers, and a little bit of poor play-calling. sure the score was a little close for most of the game but really we played a solid B+ game, and we beat a Samford team that will be probably a 5 or 6 win team. Not to mention we haven't beaten them that badly since 2008

SideLine Shooter
September 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM

The only thing I've noticed is they are worse than recent years. Some of these guys don't have a clue.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 25th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Samford has a solid football team. I said after our game that they'll beat someone they're "not supposed to" this year. They have a strong D-Line, Excellent QB, and good skill players. Congrats on the win, but Wofford and GSU fans shouldn't panic for not decimating Samford.

wofford92
September 25th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Agree with eagle cliff, sammy's offense more dynamic than recent years.

OL FU
September 25th, 2011, 12:48 PM
I listened on the radio. I thought Samford played well. but my main take was if Samford hadn't started from mid-field on every offensive possession of the first half, I think the game might not have been so close.