PDA

View Full Version : W&M vs JMU

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Long TD pass for the Dukes!

7-0 JMU 14:48 2Q

William and Mary's offense is struggling!

MR. CHICKEN
September 24th, 2011, 06:43 PM
W & M...ONE TRICK PONY......GRIMES...AWK!

phillies98
September 24th, 2011, 06:52 PM
game is very early but jmu is having its way with bill and mary. could get ugly

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 06:58 PM
JMU kicks a FG

Dukes 10-0 7:40 2Q

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:11 PM
William and Mary has zero offense, i mean none. No wonder they struggled with New Haven.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Willam and Mary has a bad snap which leads to a blown FG chance.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:06 PM
William and Mary TD!!

10-7 JMU 3:48 3Q

whitey
September 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
JMU with the TD after forcing a Grimes fumble. 17-7 Duuuukes!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM
JMU with the TD after forcing a Grimes fumble. 17-7 Duuuukes!

JMU has really controlled this game. William and Mary is going to struggle in the CAA this year with their offense. Granted, JMU has a good D.

MR. CHICKEN
September 24th, 2011, 08:38 PM
20-7 JMU 34 YD FG

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:52 PM
W&M scores a TD with 1:30 left in the game but JMU recovers the onside kick. The JMU player did a great job of going up and grabbing the kick, the Tribe kicker got a good bounce.

whitey
September 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Ball game. Great conference road win for the Dukes.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 08:56 PM
After watching this game i can't help but think the Tribe will struggle to make the playoffs. UNH, UD, UR, JMU are all better right now imo.

jmufan999
September 24th, 2011, 09:15 PM
If JMU is not a top 5 team, I don't know who is. Everyone picked us to lose against #23ish Liberty, we now beat #5ish W&M. Both on the road. We're 3-1 with only 1 home game.

JMU has a top 5 resume.

PERIOD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
If JMU is not a top 5 team, I don't know who is. Everyone picked us to lose against #23ish Liberty, we now beat #5ish W&M. Both on the road. We're 3-1 with only 1 home game.

JMU has a top 5 resume.

PERIOD.

JMU and UNH have been the most impressive teams in CAA.

LeadBolt
September 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Congrats to JMU.

VUCats02
September 24th, 2011, 10:30 PM

UNH always looks like one of the most impressive teams in the CAA during the regular season. I wanna see them play in November/December :P

JMUNJ08
September 24th, 2011, 10:31 PM

The competition level isn't there but how about Towson for impressiveness????

JmuSkinsfan
September 25th, 2011, 01:53 PM
So ... JMU shouldn't fix something that isn't broken. WM could not stop the run and JMU had 271 yards rushing ... but every time Thorpe drops back to throw, he is a weapon. He only attempted 4 passes ... completed 3 for 80 yards and a TD ... and the one incompletion was a 20+ yard completion that was dislodeged by the defender ... I'd really like to see JMU pass more ... and I feel like they'd put up a lot more points if they did. Last night's score was 20-14 ... WM got a TD late that made it closer than it actually was ... but even when JMU was up 20-7 with 5 minutes left I felt like it should be 27 or 34-7 ... total yards made it seem like they were much more dominant ... I don't know... I feel like they move the ball at will ... but can't QUITE punch it in for the score as well as they did in 07/08 when they were putting up 40 ppg. I think JMU is close to that sort of production ... but needs to capitalize on scoring drives and throw just a TAD more ... those are easily where the big play threat is off the play-action (IE Thorpe's 52 yard TD pass) ... It'll be interesting to see how they play against UR next week ...

Thorpe is getting progressively better game by game ... I said this would be his coming out game ... and in a sense it was. He perfectly managed a road win against a top 5 team, though the stats (3/4 for 80 yards, 1 TD 0 INT, 14 rushes 86 yards) don't look that great ... he is playing like a true leader (oh and no turnovers) ... I think he'll have a big game against UR.

Wildcat80
September 25th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Mega Dittos to that!!!!! Now is wm overrated?? where is paulus at QB? guess defense misses shoop.

Tribal
September 25th, 2011, 02:17 PM
W&M went 99 yards to score, stopped JMU, then fumbled the first play on our own 20. The game could have very easily gone in the Tribe's favor. Once Graham settled in, he passed very well. Several dropped passes (one would have been a TD) and our o-line didn't protect. Grimes ran at will the first series but because our first half passing game was poor, JMU was able to play run defense. JMU seems to have W&M's number (with the exception of '09). That doesn't make W&M a bad team the same way it doesn't make UNH a bad team because they've struggled against the Tribe. If W&M loses two more games, they can't make the playoffs thanks to being forced to schedule a D2 team. Good win for JMU. They deserve the "W."

JmuSkinsfan
September 25th, 2011, 02:35 PM
W&M went 99 yards to score, stopped JMU, then fumbled the first play on our own 20. The game could have very easily gone in the Tribe's favor. Once Graham settled in, he passed very well. Several dropped passes (one would have been a TD) and our o-line didn't protect. Grimes ran at will the first series but because our first half passing game was poor, JMU was able to play run defense. JMU seems to have W&M's number (with the exception of '09). That doesn't make W&M a bad team the same way it doesn't make UNH a bad team because they've struggled against the Tribe. If W&M loses two more games, they can't make the playoffs thanks to being forced to schedule a D2 team. Good win for JMU. They deserve the "W."

Yeah, a lot of people seem to be down on WM now ... but they still played well. I really thought Graham settled in and played well in the second half. I think WM will finish strong ... it sucks that you had a D2 ... cause 7-4 would get you in if you had anyone else scheduled. I was pleasantly surprised with JMU's run defense ... we really shut him down outside the first series when he ran it down the field on us. I just felt like JMU's offense left points on the board. They seemed to move the ball at will ... but couldn't seem to stick it in when needed ... I think that comes easier when yuo throw the ball more down there ... but JMU felt comfortable enough running the ball that they felt 3 runs inside the 20 would get it done ... sometimes you just have to pass the ball down there to open up some holes in the defense though. I can't complain ... I just feel like JMU could have put up more points, that's all. It was still a close game at 20-7 ... no doubt ... I just don't know if it was quite as close as the 20-14 score made it seem ... that's all ... nothing against WM!

Oh, and that fumble by Grimes on the first play of the drive ... BOY did we need that. After the botched kick return ... in which 3 different JMU guys jumped on the ball and had it squirt away ... we needed it. I turned to my friend and said ... "we need a turnover after that crap!" ... knocked on wood ... and sure enough, next play we got it back!

wmtribe1693
September 25th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Oh, and that fumble by Grimes on the first play of the drive ... BOY did we need that. After the botched kick return ... in which 3 different JMU guys jumped on the ball and had it squirt away ... we needed it. I turned to my friend and said ... "we need a turnover after that crap!" ... knocked on wood ... and sure enough, next play we got it back!

Wasn't Grimes...Keith McBride (transfer from Navy). Good win for JMU

TwoFeathers
September 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM
After watching this game i can't help but think the Tribe will struggle to make the playoffs. UNH, UD, UR, JMU are all better right now imo.

Agreed. I think we have a shot against Towson and Villanova, but I'm worried about ODU in the home finale. Sad turn-around for the highly touted Tribe. I saw flashes of the passing game, but it doesn't appear it will have any consistency.